Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

On 08/11/2019 at 15:20, rudi must stay said:

Turned into a strange sitcom but watch out for Will Ferrell's episodes, well written and well acted and James Spader has a good part too

I hope they don't immediately try to strike up an office romance like every other ****ing character on the show. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watchmen on Sky Atlantic, watched the first four episodes and not 100% sure what is going on.

As I've not read the comic books or seen the film I might be at a disadvantage. 

Anyone else watched it?

7 hours ago, zorg1874 said:

Watchmen on Sky Atlantic, watched the first four episodes and not 100% sure what is going on.

As I've not read the comic books or seen the film I might be at a disadvantage. 

Anyone else watched it?

i've watched the first two episodes so far. i'm still not sure about it. i was apprehensive about watching it as i have read the graphic novel and watched the film. i;m not sure about the race element of it as that was not an issue in the novel and film. there is also how and if they deal with the ending of the film that does not make sense just now with one of the characters 

...a bit disco
On 29/09/2019 at 14:58, ...a bit disco said:

New trailer dropped this morning.

Finally!

This coming Sunday at 9pm, BBC1.

rudi must stay

Like the look of World Of The Worlds. Alot of scope story wise to make it very interesting and the visuals look spot on there, also decent cast

Darth Sidious
14 hours ago, benny said:

Watched the first episode of The Mandalorian.

Great first episode.

At long last something I like with Star Wars, cross between the original trilogy and Spaghetti Westerns.  Could be a big hit.  Pedro Pascal is great in everything though.

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Liking Fleabag (very original

Although I can't picture why the writer got a James Bond film or what it'll be like 

I thought Fleabag was most enjoyable. The write also co-wrote Killing Eve. 

On 16/11/2019 at 04:25, benny said:

Watched the second episode of The Mandalorian.Again very good.

On 14/11/2019 at 08:52, Darth Sidious said:

At long last something I like with Star Wars, cross between the original trilogy and Spaghetti Westerns.  Could be a big hit.  Pedro Pascal is great in everything though.

yh i quite enjoyed them still a bit 🤔 but its the closest to the original style of star wars iv seen in anything

11 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

First 2 episodes of the Mandalorian very promising.

Agreed. They are really pushing the angle of it being a western as well which I’m enjoying. 

On 21 November 2019 at 13:04, Bleedsmaroon said:

First 2 episodes of the Mandalorian very promising.

loving the nods to the original trilogy. Was a bit disappointed with the length of episodes, but a slow burner could be the way forward . Third episode is 37mins.  Jon Faverou's clearly a fan  of the originals and playing to that generation.  Not a bad thing after the  shit that came after.

“ who killed little Gregory “ on Netflix is terrific . True life murder case about a wee lad who was murdered , probably due to family feuds . There are various twists to the story , re family feuds , jealousy and revenge . Excellent . 

On 18/11/2019 at 19:51, rudi must stay said:

Diego Maradona limited series on Netflix. Managing a team last in their league. Could be good!

Thought Maradona in Mexico was a really good watch. He's still mad, but seemed to get the players playing for him.

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

They cancelled the Passage after one season, which sucks.

Fingers crossed Netflix or amazon pick it up and make a 2nd season.

Knightfall on Netflix

First season 6/10

Second season 7.5/10 

Mark Hamill was class as the mad old Knights Templar guy. 

Quite enjoyed Giri/Haji on the iPlayer, about a detective from Tokyo who comes to London to search for his Yakuza brother who is suspected of murder. The ending was a bit disappointing though.

Edited by PortyJambo

On 02/12/2019 at 03:14, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Watched The Spy with Sacha Cohen.

Thought he and it were excellent.

It was very good, totally forgot it was Sacha Baron Cohen, apart from one slight Borat moment. 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just spotted the first ten episodes of the new season of Vikings has arrived on Amazon Prime. The 2nd 10 arriving in 2020. 

:yas: 

Disser Pointon
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just spotted the first ten episodes of the new season of Vikings has arrived on Amazon Prime. The 2nd 10 arriving in 2020. 

I gave up on the last series, poor after Ragnor died. 

Started watching m night shyamalans servant about a couple who’s baby has just died and they employ a nanny to look after a doll that the grieving mother has replaced the dead child with.  On episode 2 and seems promising

Jambof3tornado
On 05/12/2019 at 23:56, Tazio said:

Watched the 1st episode yesterday....limbs everywhere........brilliant!

The confession killer - limited series on Netflix.

after a slow 1st episode this is just WOW.  It’s a 5 parter on Henry Lee Lucas  known as America's most prolific serial killer, admitting to hundreds of murders, but, as DNA results contradict his confessions. Shows all sorts going on with law enforcement etc. 
fascinating stuff

On 04/12/2019 at 22:32, Cade said:

Watchmen has been fecking outstanding.

i've enjoyed it so far. i like how it follows the graphic novel rather than the film however in one of the episodes they have changed the history of a character, i'm not a fan of that

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series