Jump to content
Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

Recommended Posts

ri Alban

Ashes to Ashes series 1,2 and 3 on iPlayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Mindhunter was quality, I didn’t want it to end. 

 

The acting is phenomenal. 

 

BTK’s the next one. We’ll have to wait a year. 😪

 

I saw an article online yesterday that hinted that they hope to make five seasons in total. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
7 hours ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

 

I saw an article online yesterday that hinted that they hope to make five seasons in total. 

:yas:

 

fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angus Ogg

I’m not sure what to think of this, it looks decent but weird at the same time. I’ll definitely give it a couple of episodes 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Ballers is on Showbox. :yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairneyhill Jambo
On 24/08/2019 at 01:06, Cruyff Turn said:

Mindhunter was quality, I didn’t want it to end. 

 

The acting is phenomenal. 

 

BTK’s the next one. We’ll have to wait a year. 😪

Just finished the second series. It was superb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Dave

I just finished The Loudest Voice. Highly recommend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo

After enjoying all the others I’m looking forward to the second season of Narcos: Mexico, it’s due out on Netflix hopefully at the beginning of November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Started watching brassic on sky, i find it somewhat amusing. Didnt expect it to but its pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Bad Banks 

 

As it says on the tin. Major investment bank doing big deals. German. 

 

E4. 6 parter. Very slick. Great characterisation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Wu Assassins. Quite liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Wu Assassins. Quite liked it.

 

Wasn't bad, good fight scenes but some of the storylines and acting weren't the best. Would definitely watch a second season if they greenlight it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 21/08/2019 at 23:09, Ray Gin said:

 

Me too. Loved it. 

 

We'd better get a third season to show us what the weirdo in the mask was all about. 

Cheers, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
Posted (edited)

Wrong thread

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Liking this series of Peaky Blinders

 

Back to its old coolness and style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

Opinions on homeland please kickbackers.

Watched the first episode last night looks ok, is it worth sticking with ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamb0_1874
36 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Opinions on homeland please kickbackers.

Watched the first episode last night looks ok, is it worth sticking with ?

 

Yeah I've enjoyed them. The final season is due out early next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable

The Vietnam War , on BBC4 just now. Final 2 episodes, 9+10, this Saturday 7th September.

 

I avoided it first time around. Binged it last weekend. It will blow your mind. Did mine.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrmarkus1981

Snowfall is excellent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown

Two good series started this week

A confession - true story STV 9pm Mondays Martin Freeman

 

The Capture - BBC tuesdays 9pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bleedsmaroon

2 episodes into Mindhunter, not grabbing me yet, I assume it's worth sticking with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Inside Borussia Dortmund on Prime

 

Quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Dave
11 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

2 episodes into Mindhunter, not grabbing me yet, I assume it's worth sticking with?

Absolutely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Inside Borussia Dortmund on Prime

 

Quality

Is it narrated over in English or do I need my Standard Grade German skills to enjoy it? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Is it narrated over in English or do I need my Standard Grade German skills to enjoy it? 🙂

 

It has English subtitles if you can find the pop menu on your TV for them that is :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

 

It has English subtitles if you can find the pop menu on your TV for them that is :thumbsup:

Danke! 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

My Mrs is watching better than us. I watched about 5 seconds and said :wtf: is this pish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
44 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

 

Same here. On S6 and loving it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
On 06/09/2019 at 09:01, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

 

On 06/09/2019 at 09:45, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

Same here. On S6 and loving it!

I've watched US The office about 3 times through. 

Dwight is a hero. Shun, unshun, re-shun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
On 06/09/2019 at 09:01, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

 

On 06/09/2019 at 09:45, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

Same here. On S6 and loving it!

 

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

 

I've watched US The office about 3 times through. 

Dwight is a hero. Shun, unshun, re-shun.

 

Brilliant show. It slips a bit towards the end but really great stuff apart from that. Michael and Holly are the greatest love story ever told and Dwight is just a beast, a force of nature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

1st episode of carnival row decent. I'll watch a few more and see what I think

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
On 02/09/2019 at 21:03, jambopilms said:

Opinions on homeland please kickbackers.

Watched the first episode last night looks ok, is it worth sticking with ?

 

I thought Homeland was excellent. Some seasons better than others but if your binging it, it’ll all come together very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Watching the SPY on Netflix, Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead in a serious role. It’s by Gideon Raff, the creator of Homeland.

 

Thought feck it, i’ll give it a bash, it’ll probably be shit and he’ll be shite.

 

It’s great btw and he is absolutely superb. You actually forget it’s him after the first episode, he plays the role seamlessly. 

 

It’s set in Argentina, Israel and Syria in the 1960’s. The sets brilliant, costumes everything. Completely nailed it.

 

Sacha’s character is an Israeli Arab spy sent undercover, obv. So it’s got all the old school espionage methods. It’s got loads of relationships between characters. It can get quite tense. 

 

Won’t say much more than that.

 

Well worth a watch.

 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5952634/

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
On 04/07/2019 at 20:46, vegas-voss said:

Warrior is pretty good.

 

Plenty action and flesh on screen.

 

Aye, the wife and I are enjoying this. Brutally violent though although the Chinese violence is almost a bit comic book and very Bruce Lee (no surprise I suppose) but the Irish violence really is brutal. Some tidy bins in it though. Scary but tidy! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Dave
23 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Watching the SPY on Netflix, Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead in a serious role. It’s by Gideon Raff, the creator of Homeland.

 

Thought feck it, i’ll give it a bash, it’ll probably be shit and he’ll be shite.

 

It’s great btw and he is absolutely superb. You actually forget it’s him after the first episode, he plays the role seamlessly. 

 

It’s set in Argentina, Israel and Syria in the 1960’s. The sets brilliant, costumes everything. Completely nailed it.

 

Sacha’s character is an Israeli Arab spy sent undercover, obv. So it’s got all the old school espionage methods. It’s got loads of relationships between characters. It can get quite tense. 

 

Won’t say much more than that.

 

Well worth a watch.

 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5952634/

Niceone. Seen it on my netflix recommends ..... email but wasn’t sure. Will give it a bash based on your positive review

 

i just finished City on a Hill which was half decent

Edited by Disco Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

I’ve just started Carnival Row on Amazon. Pretty good so far. Like Ripper Street with fairies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Seen season 2 of a series called Mr Inbetweener advertised the other day. It looked quite good, so I’ve just started watching it. I’m on episode 5 already and it’s pretty good, really enjoying it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

Started Vikings on Amazon. I know it's been about for a while but never got round to watching it. Seems pretty decent so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Started Vikings on Amazon. I know it's been about for a while but never got round to watching it. Seems pretty decent so far.

 

Bang goes your life for a while, one of the best tv series ever made imo.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eddie

BBC 4 seven part documentary that started last night. Spotlight on the troubles: a secret history. Watched about 25 mins when i got in late last night, ill watch the rest tonight. Love watching documentary's about the troubles, think ive seen them all that's on you tube. this will give me my fix for the next 7 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
On 09/09/2019 at 19:36, Disco Dave said:

Niceone. Seen it on my netflix recommends ..... email but wasn’t sure. Will give it a bash based on your positive review

 

i just finished City on a Hill which was half decent

Didn’t realise it was a true story. :vrwow:

17 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Bang goes your life for a while, one of the best tv series ever made imo.

This. Ragner’s the man. Brilliant story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Just started watching Mr Mercedes last night and fell asleep during the first episode. From what I can remember seeing of it, it seemed not bad. Anybody watched this, is it any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
On 08/09/2019 at 20:21, Cruyff Turn said:

Watching the SPY on Netflix, Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead in a serious role. It’s by Gideon Raff, the creator of Homeland.

 

Thought feck it, i’ll give it a bash, it’ll probably be shit and he’ll be shite.

 

It’s great btw and he is absolutely superb. You actually forget it’s him after the first episode, he plays the role seamlessly. 

 

It’s set in Argentina, Israel and Syria in the 1960’s. The sets brilliant, costumes everything. Completely nailed it.

 

Sacha’s character is an Israeli Arab spy sent undercover, obv. So it’s got all the old school espionage methods. It’s got loads of relationships between characters. It can get quite tense. 

 

Won’t say much more than that.

 

Well worth a watch.

 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5952634/

 

I've watched the first few episodes. Very decent. Baron Cohen is actually good in a serious role once you get over expecting him to break into Borat mode. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

I've watched the first few episodes. Very decent. Baron Cohen is actually good in a serious role once you get over expecting him to break into Borat mode. :lol: 

There’s not much you can do with his coupon, especially when he has a tash. :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Continental Op

I loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime - you'll have enough time to catch up the first two series before series 3 arrives in early December.

Edited by The Continental Op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Brassic definitely a good laugh after the average first episode

Was looking forward to the terror after a good first season, but the second isn’t great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dunx747

Finished The Boys on Amazon Prime last night - top notch - great fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Judge Fudge
On 12/09/2019 at 11:31, luckyBatistuta said:

Just started watching Mr Mercedes last night and fell asleep during the first episode. From what I can remember seeing of it, it seemed not bad. Anybody watched this, is it any good?

Well worth a watch, gets better each episode. Brendan Gleeson is immense in the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

Rise of the Nazis is a quality documentary on BBC2. Reminds you how scarily easy it was for them to come to power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...