Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Chambers on Netflix - don’t watch. Poor poor stuff and very slow. 

The Victim on I player was excellent and very emotional. 

I watched the first episode and manged 10 minutes of the second before switching off. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tokyowalnut
5 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Chambers on Netflix - don’t watch. Poor poor stuff and very slow. 

The Victim on I player was excellent and very emotional. 

That's disappointing, I was going to try that this weekend.

ToadKiller Dog

Watched the first episode of Chernobyl, interesting and chilling watch so far, the fear of staff to authority and attempts to cover up . 

Dead to Me on Netflix. Dark comedy produced by Will Farrell. Really watchable - enjoyed it and an easy watch. 

The Virtues started last night on four. Shane  Meadows and Stephen Graham - I’m hooked and thought it was brillaint.

Powerful as you’d expect from those two. 

Edited by Gavman81

1 hour ago, Gavman81 said:

The Virtues started last night on four. Shane  Meadows and Stephen Graham - I’m hooked and thought it was brillaint.

Forgot about this. Cheers

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

It was powerful stuff. Really grim watching him unravel in the pub. 

Samuel Camazzola
18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Deep State on fox back for season 2. Decent so far.

I take it Mark Strong is not in this series? Didn't see him in the trailers. Only recognised his son and the French girl. 

Samuel Camazzola
18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Deep State on fox back for season 2. Decent so far.

I take it Mark Strong is not in this series? Didn't see him in the trailers. Only recognised his son and the French girl. 

PortyJambo

Walter Goggins is the lead this time around. Haven't watched the first episode yet, so not sure if they'll address what happened to Mark Strong's character, although guess there'll be some link/backstory.

tokyowalnut

Dead to Me on Netflix is an easy 10 episode watch. Only 30 minute long episodes. Not something I'd normally watch but was recommended to me!!

Jambof3tornado
On 21/05/2019 at 16:04, Samuel Camazzola said:

Not sure as it jumps back in time a few years so he might make an appearance.

Decent enough so far.

On 07/05/2019 at 20:57, Gavman81 said:

Dead to Me on Netflix. Dark comedy produced by Will Farrell. Really watchable - enjoyed it and an easy watch. 

Watched this over 2 nights. Really decent stuff and easy going as it’s only 10 episodes each being 30 minutes.

hopefully a second series will be made

Carl Fredrickson

The latest series of Schitt's Creek is on Netflix. Possibly not to everyones taste but I find it funny. 

chester copperpot
On 25/04/2019 at 12:08, Hampden Demolition said:

Binged watched Line of Duty over the last few days and I’m now fully up to speed. Was thinking of watching Bodyguard as it’s written by the same guy and has a couple of people in it that were also in LOD. Is it worth a watch?

Started this yesterday with a hangover and just about to stick on series 3.

Absolutely tremendous viewing

Unknown user
On 21/05/2019 at 19:56, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Last couple of seasons have been a bit shit but I'm still well up for this.

I loved archer but completely lost interest as it's deteriorated. Fingers crossed for the new series, I'm hoping Krieger's a person this time.

Season 2 of Happy coming up on Netflix next week. The first season was one of the most insane things I’ve seen on telly so high hopes for this season. 

chester copperpot
On 27/05/2019 at 19:09, chester copperpot said:

Started this yesterday with a hangover and just about to stick on series 3.

Absolutely tremendous viewing

Seasons 4 and 5 were shite. 

rudi must stay

"Virtues" by the very underrated Shane Meadows is now on Channel 4. Looks good, Stephen Graham in it too, he can be excellent 

Edited by rudi must stay

Carl Fredrickson
On 01/06/2019 at 17:51, ri Alban said:

Elementary is back! :yas:

Just started watching this for the first time a few days ago. Very good watch. Still have dozens of episodes to watch to catch up on. Happy days!

Finished watching The Ted Bundy Tapes yesterday. Fascinating watch. 

I found the judge's comments to him after sentencing incredible. The **** raped and brutally murdered 30 women, yet he's wishing him well and telling that he'd have loved to have worked with him if he'd been a lawyer? WTF.

Edited by Ray Gin

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just watched the first two series of line of duty. really good now onto the remaining 3 series

Ditto but just finished 1st series. Can’t believe I let this one slip by. Really enjoyable stuff

On 03/06/2019 at 14:05, Ray Gin said:

Finished watching The Ted Bundy Tapes yesterday. Fascinating watch. 

Reveal hidden contents

I found the judge's comments to him after sentencing incredible. The **** raped and brutally murdered 30 women, yet he's wishing him well and telling that he'd have loved to have worked with him if he'd been a lawyer? WTF.

It was  really good. Agree totally with what you say in your hidden text . Quite unbelievable 

Edited by 1971fozzy

The Internet

New Black mirror is really good. First two are better than the third but enjoyed all of them. 

Just relocated back from US and looking for an iptv provider.  Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Gards

JudyJudyJudy

" the virtues" was harrowing tv but so well done . Another poster noted the pub scene when the Stephen Graham character gradually gets drunk ? This really is a very realistic and incredible scene about how alcohol changes a person from being quiet initially and then gradually gaining " confidence " to chat to others to out and out carnage at the end of the night . Brilliant 

JudyJudyJudy

I'm surprised no one has seemed to mention " When they see us" ? It's a 4 parter on Netflix about the infamous case from 1989 when a white female jogger was raped in Central Park and the police stitched up 5 blAck boys , age ranging from 14-16 for it . They got convicted for it and served years in jail . I won't give any more away but it's a brilliant series with outstanding performances from the cast and in particular the young black actors and Felicity HuffmAn who played the main cop who vengefully pursued their wrongfull conviction at all costs ! And in a great bit of forwarning **** face Trump is in discussing his views about it and taking out ads to promote the death penalty for those innocent lads . He's only got worse . 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I'm surprised no one has seemed to mention " When they see us" ? It's a 4 parter on Netflix about the infamous case from 1989 when a white female jogger was raped in Central Park and the police stitched up 5 blAck boys , age ranging from 14-16 for it . They got convicted for it and served years in jail . I won't give any more away but it's a brilliant series with outstanding performances from the cast and in particular the young black actors and Felicity HuffmAn who played the main cop who vengefully pursued their wrongfull conviction at all costs ! And in a great bit of forwarning **** face Trump is in discussing his views about it and taking out ads to promote the death penalty for those innocent lads . He's only got worse . 

Been meaning to watch this but just trying to hold out til this weekend when my next time off is. Looking forward to it 

On 12/06/2019 at 07:45, JamesM48 said:

We watched it. Superb stuff

On 30/05/2019 at 22:31, Tazio said:

Season 2 of Happy coming up on Netflix next week. The first season was one of the most insane things I’ve seen on telly so high hopes for this season. 

Just finished S2 of Happpy. Nowhere near as good as the first IMO but still some ROFL moments and plenty WTAF moments as well.

The writers must have been on PCP when they wrote this though!

Just heard of the latest new production from Sky Studios that's due to start filming, 6 part series called The Third Day, Jude Law playing the lead in what I can only describe as sounding like a new/modern day version of Wickerman

Edited by Ribble

Rupert Custard

Intelligence.

Netflix series about Canadian organised crime and the law enforcement agencies trying to stop them - with all the double dealing, backstabbing, gloryhunting, corruption on both sides. Programme was allegedly pulled by the Canadian Government because they didn’t like how close it was to the truth.

tokyowalnut
8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Really enjoyed the second series of Killing Eve.

I'm on episode 5 and really enjoying it. Seems to be getting a hard time, I dont see, or hear, much difference from series 1!

Judge Fudge

Good Omens

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy and the omen in a six episode series with a great cast. 

Michael Sheen and David Tennant are spot on, expected it to be a bit darker but the humour works.

8/10

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series