Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

tokyowalnut

Homeland series 7 is pretty good. I had almost given up on it, but I'm stuck indoors with man flu so thought I'd give it a shot.

Would still like Carrie to be taken out!!

North Berwick Jambo
Posted (edited)

This is a review I put up in the movies thread, thought I would post it in here as well as it’s on tomorrow night on Nat geo at 8pm & well worth a watch ?

Free Solo

The National Geographic film about the climber Alex Honnold attempting to be the first person to climb the 3200ft El Capitan’s in Yosemite without any ropes or safety equipment.

Really enjoyed this right up until he actually starts to attempt it, hights have never bothered me but dear god it was almost difficult to watch at times and my hands were actually sweating. Jaw dropping stuff, highly recommend it! 

9/10 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

This is a review I put up in the movies thread, thought I would post it in here as well as it’s on tomorrow night on Nat geo at 8pm & well worth a watch ?

Free Solo

The National Geographic film about the climber Alex Honnold attempting to be the first person to climb the 3200ft El Capitan’s in Yosemite without any ropes or safety equipment.

Really enjoyed this right up until he actually starts to attempt it, hights have never bothered me but dear god it was almost difficult to watch at times and my hands were actually sweating. Jaw dropping stuff, highly recommend it! 

9/10 

Yes I second this. Superb and well worth watching. 

scott herbertson

anyone have a good tv series streaming link - just realised i missed the second half of Vikings series 5 and my amazon prime membership has run out for the moment. PM will do, thanks

JamesM48

Finished " Dirty John" on Netflix. . It was terrific. A good and realistic ( true story) of how an abusive relationship can evolve into total carnage. Great acting from the leads Connie Britton and Eric Bana.  There is also the documentary on Netflix about the real story with Deborah Newell ( the victim) interviewed and other victims of Meehan.  Remarkably the tv series is very true to the real story and doesn't appear to have had things added for " dramatic licence" which makes a change. Both well worth watching. 

1971fozzy
On 04/03/2019 at 23:02, JamesM48 said:

Finished " Dirty John" on Netflix. . It was terrific. A good and realistic ( true story) of how an abusive relationship can evolve into total carnage. Great acting from the leads Connie Britton and Eric Bana.  There is also the documentary on Netflix about the real story with Deborah Newell ( the victim) interviewed and other victims of Meehan.  Remarkably the tv series is very true to the real story and doesn't appear to have had things added for " dramatic licence" which makes a change. Both well worth watching. 

We just finished the series tonight. It was pretty good. Bana as usual is excellent.

looking forward to seeing the documentary about the real John now. 

Terrifying this happened 

Budgie's Boyfriend

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet but the new series "Warren", I think that's what it's called, starring Martin Clunes is pretty funny , daft but funny .

Ray Gin

On my third run through of The Sopranos. Enjoying it just as much as the first time I watched it.

Outstanding series.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet but the new series "Warren", I think that's what it's called, starring Martin Clunes is pretty funny , daft but funny .

I don't mind it. Interestingly written by Paul McKenna and I think it's very sharply written. Reminds me of Rev which also does the job passing some time

JamesM48
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

On my third run through of The Sopranos. Enjoying it just as much as the first time I watched it.

Outstanding series.

Im due a third run at this too. It is without doubt the greatest tv series IMO

rudi must stay

Outstanding series.

Gandolfini is faultless

1971fozzy
On 06/03/2019 at 11:16, Ray Gin said:

Outstanding series.

Indeed. I’ve watched it all twice. Once in dvd then on Blu-ray.  Need to give it a third outing soon as well. The best TV show ever for me. Absolutely faultless

JamesM48
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Indeed. I’ve watched it all twice. Once in dvd then on Blu-ray.  Need to give it a third outing soon as well. The best TV show ever for me. Absolutely faultless

Well not just  Gandolfini.   All the cast were incredible and such a great array of characters. I enjoyed Tonys interactions with the horrendous Livia. Soprano. Their relationship underscored the whole series. I also loved the therapy sessions with Dr Melfi and my all time favourite scene is towards the end when she finally boots him out of the office...Incredible acting all round from all the cast and the humour at times was brilliant.. So many highlights from this show. 

Ray Gin
16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well not just  Gandolfini.   All the cast were incredible and such a great array of characters. 

Indeed, this is what sets this and The Wire apart from tripe like The Walking Dead. A completely different class in terms of dialogue and character development. 

JamesM48

Indeed, this is what sets this and The Wire apart from tripe like The Walking Dead. A completely different class in terms of dialogue and character development. 

Yes " The wire" is my second all time favourite..Must re watch it. Superb

Ray Gin
32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes " The wire" is my second all time favourite..Must re watch it. Superb

I've already watched it 3 times. Brilliant. 

GYL
On 28/01/2019 at 23:06, Ray Gin said:

The Night Manager is good. Worth a watch.

Where can you find this, can't see it on my Box sets or Netflix?

Carl Fredrickson
19 minutes ago, GYL said:

Have you tried Iplayer? Was on it last week

GYL
8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Have you tried Iplayer? Was on it last week

Just had a look.....not there any more, maybe too late for catch up now?

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, GYL said:

Just had a look.....not there any more, maybe too late for catch up now?

Keep an eye on Netflix for it. If it has been pulled from Iplayer it may be time for it to go on to Netflix

GYL
1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Keep an eye on Netflix for it. If it has been pulled from Iplayer it may be time for it to go on to Netflix

Will do....Cheers

Ray Gin
5 hours ago, GYL said:

Amazon Prime

Tazio

The second series of American Gods starts on Amazon on Monday. 

Zlatanable

Happy Valley series 1 and 2. Not on iPlayer, so elsewhere.

scott herbertson

Knightfall (netflix series 1)

I love a good medieval epic.

Unfortunately this isn't one - a wasted opportunity with  some terrible casting (some of the characters wouldn't be out of place in Shrek, especially King Philip of France)

I really can't believe they made one of the lead characters look so like an animated villain

King Philip in Knightfall

Image result for shrek wicked prince

Lord Farqhuar in Shrek

Image result for philip france knightfall

Bleedsmaroon

After Life. 9.5/10. I'm not a big fan of Gervais as an individual but he writes terrific stuff, watched all 6 episodes in one go. 

Carl Fredrickson

Really enjoying Baptiste on BBC. Spin off from The Missing, the first 4 episodes have a few twists.

Tommy Brown

Cheat (ITV 9pm all this week) looked good last night

intriguing story

Carl Fredrickson

Started Fortitude last night and enjoyed the first two episodes. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cheat (ITV 9pm all this week) looked good last night

intriguing story

Agree. First episode was decent and good that it continues all week. 

Molly Windsor is a bit of a looker but plays the sinister role really well. 

Judge Fudge

Just watched the first episode of doom patrol, not a bad start definitely has potential.

benny
On 11/03/2019 at 10:01, Bleedsmaroon said:

After Life. 9.5/10. I'm not a big fan of Gervais as an individual but he writes terrific stuff, watched all 6 episodes in one go. 

Weirdly the only thing i have not liked is the office.

After Life is my next binge watch over the weekend.

JamesM48
On 8 March 2019 at 18:13, Ray Gin said:

I've already watched it 3 times. Brilliant. 

Just notived the box DVDs

set of the 4 seasons is on sale at the British heart foundation shop at Dalry road for £9.99 ! Very good value . I don't have DVD player so wouldn't buy it 

Ray Gin
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just notived the box DVDs

set of the 4 seasons is on sale at the British heart foundation shop at Dalry road for £9.99 ! Very good value . I don't have DVD player so wouldn't buy it 

It pops up on Sky Boxsets fairly regularly, and has the bonus of being widescreen + HD.

Tazio

If you enjoy F1 then Formula 1 Drive To Survive on Netflix is a excellent documentary series following the whole of last season with a lot of access to the teams and drivers. With the notable exceptions of Mercedes and Ferrari. It also becomes very clear why there is a time lapse before pit  radio communications are broadcast. 

Mauricio Pinilla

Madeleine mccann documentary on Netflix from tomorrow. 

AndyNic
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Madeleine mccann documentary on Netflix from tomorrow. 

Looking forward to this!

Alwaysthought the parents had something to do with her disappearance. Hopefully we'll find out what really happened to her one day.

rudi must stay
On 14/03/2019 at 18:03, AndyNic said:

Looking forward to this!

Alwaysthought the parents had something to do with her disappearance. Hopefully we'll find out what really happened to her one day.

It is brilliant. Very well put together

vegas-voss

Love, Death and Robots - Netflix

Brilliant ,a series of individual animated episodes.The animation is top notch and very unique.

Cruyff Turn

Watch the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix. 

Have to to admit I always thought the parents were guilty but I was misinformed.

Totally changed my opinion. Poor people, I hope one day she is found alive and is reunited with them. 

GYL
On 12/03/2019 at 10:28, Carl Fredrickson said:

Started Fortitude last night and enjoyed the first two episodes. 

Don't waste your time beyond season 1.....weird as fcuk.... and totally ridiculous.... there is other reviews on here if you use the search....sorry

Carl Fredrickson
19 minutes ago, GYL said:

Don't waste your time beyond season 1.....weird as fcuk.... and totally ridiculous.... there is other reviews on here if you use the search....sorry

Thanks for the tip. I finished series 1 on Friday but couldnt be bothered moving onto series 2. Will take your advice. 

Bleedsmaroon

Watched Derek on the back of After Life as hadn't caught it originally. Really enjoyed it, a lot of poignant moments similar to After Life. Solid 8.5/10.

Dino Velvet

benny

After Life great TV. 

Marvin
Posted (edited)

For a spare 15 minutes, Love Death and Robots on Netflix.

Edited by Marvin
emedding lnk

Tazio
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

For a spare 15 minutes, Love Death and Robots on Netflix.

I binged the whole thing a few nights ago. A mixture of brilliant, not so good, and just downright odd. Loved the yogurt one.

Jamhammer

Losers on Netflix is a cracking doc series

chester copperpot
On 13/03/2019 at 19:18, Tazio said:

If you enjoy F1 then Formula 1 Drive To Survive on Netflix is a excellent documentary series following the whole of last season with a lot of access to the teams and drivers. With the notable exceptions of Mercedes and Ferrari. It also becomes very clear why there is a time lapse before pit  radio communications are broadcast. 

On episode 3 just now and loving it.

The delay on the radio stuff is defo needed ?

chester copperpot
On 19/03/2019 at 15:33, Bleedsmaroon said:

Watched Derek on the back of After Life as hadn't caught it originally. Really enjoyed it, a lot of poignant moments similar to After Life. Solid 8.5/10.

Did the same Haha. Did it really end in series 3 episode 1?