Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

I saw the trailer for this a few month's ago and just assumed it was a movie. I had no idea it was a t.v. series. 

It's the bomb. If you like Karate Kid, you will love this. Try it and get back to me.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Wednesday, September 05, 2018 at 16:43, Samuel Camazzola said:

Thanks for the heads up. Will need to catch it. Been watching Jack Ryan and the Man City doc so will move onto this next. 

Amazon wanting to do another Man City documentary due to the success of the original one.

10 million have watched it so far.

15 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

What's it airing on mate?

Guessing it'll be FX when it comes over here. Only on in the US at the moment so will need to be found through other entirely legal means :ninja:

On 08/09/2018 at 13:48, benny said:

Amazon wanting to do another Man City documentary due to the success of the original one.

I started off enjoying the first couple of eisodes but by the end I felt it's just one long infomercial

On 08/09/2018 at 13:48, benny said:

I've only watched the first couple. It's a series based on successful sporting teams, I watched the one about the All Blacks and it was very interesting and seemed to give more real access to the players. 

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, RobboM said:

I started off enjoying the first couple of eisodes but by the end I felt it's just one long infomercial

Didn't reveal enough of Pep's genius for me. Would have been better to see more of the training, I mean how can they play like that

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Anyone watched any of the SoA spin off? Thinking of watching but if it's not great then I'll probably just avoid it

Going to watch it tomorrow its on popcorn time. 

Currently watching the keepers

49 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Been plowing through American Horror Story over the past couple of months and just finished the Roanoke season. Amazing :lol: 

We started that but it was brutal, Cuba Googing especially and gave up

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

We started that but it was brutal, Cuba Googing especially and gave up

Think it's one of those you either love or hate and it goes batshit crazy in the second half of the season. Tried not to take it seriously at all and ended up enjoying it. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Think it's one of those you either love or hate and it goes batshit crazy in the second half of the season. Tried not to take it seriously at all and ended up enjoying it. 

The wife really enjoyed the first couple of series and I found it watchable but Roanoke turned us both off. Will take your word for it and may go back a sit looked like it was going a but Deliverancey

J.T.F.Robertson

"Sharp Objects" ! Read the book and the tv interpretation is even better. (HBO) When you're done with that, Castle Rock and The Terror. 

Welcome. :)

Rest In Power : The Trayvon Martin Story.

A good 6 part Documentary about the murder of Trayvon Martin and the trial of his killer George Zimmerman.

On 07/09/2018 at 18:36, chester copperpot said:

Anyone old enough to love the original Karate Kid Movie has to get involved with Cobra Kai.

I watched all 10 episodes in 1 night last night as was hooked from the off.

The first time I have ever got lost in a tv series but if you take it for what it is, you will totally love it.

I was the same - a great nod to the movie done in the right way. It is cheesy but tasteful and the soundtrack is excellent.

chester copperpot
17 minutes ago, Harko said:

I was the same - a great nod to the movie done in the right way. It is cheesy but tasteful and the soundtrack is excellent.

Loved it mate. 

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 06:22, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Been plowing through American Horror Story over the past couple of months and just finished the Roanoke season. Amazing :lol: 

Love it.  Best season was " Ayslum" I feel.  " others are not far off that standard though most people strangely feel that Roanoak was the worse...Me included. 

Just finished " El chapo" It was not bad..Third season dragged but picked up towards the end. " Ozark" and " Mr Mercedes" next on the list

Carl Fredrickson

Killing Eve was mentioned previously. It is now on Iplayer and I watched the first two earlier today. Very impressed so far. Crime drama with a sprinkling of humour. Looking forward to watching more later tonight. 

On 14/09/2018 at 01:59, J.T.F.Robertson said:

"Sharp Objects" ! Read the book and the tv interpretation is even better. (HBO) When you're done with that, Castle Rock and The Terror. 

Welcome. :)

All really good, castle rock didn’t live up to how good I thought it would be.

You, about a bookstore manager who meets a customer then becomes infatuated with her and her life. Started very good indeed

16 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Just finished Ozark S2. Superb.

Might start The Bodyguard as everyone is raving about it.

Same here 're Ozark and now 3 eps in on Bodyguard which is also very good...

Trust, all about J.Paul Getty. 

Donald Sutherland plays Getty, which was a surprise, I though he died decades ago. :lol:

Just watched episode 1 tonight, 2 was aired tonight. BBC2. Really good, produced by Danny Boyle.

If you can break away from gun and drug dramas the The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Amazon is worth a watch, it's just won 5 Emmy awards. Very funny story about a disillusioned jewish housewife in early 60's New York accidentally becoming a stand up comedian. Excellent performances all through the cast, including the actress that plays Lois in Family Guy featuring, sadly she isn't as hot as Lois in real life but very funny. 

On 19/09/2018 at 22:55, Tommy Brown said:

Trust, all about J.Paul Getty. 

Donald Sutherland plays Getty, which was a surprise, I though he died decades ago. :lol:

Just watched episode 1 tonight, 2 was aired tonight. BBC2. Really good, produced by Danny Boyle.

TRUST  (BBC2 Wed 9pm)

Just watched episode 2

this is a "must watch" for everybody.

Really good docu-drama.

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

TRUST  (BBC2 Wed 9pm)

Just watched episode 2

this is a "must watch" for everybody.

Really good docu-drama.

Agree. Watched the first 4 on Iplayer, Donald Sutherland is fantastic in it. 

Antone watched Maniac on Netflix?

Watched the first couple of episodes and so far so good.

Kinda weird, alternate reality - looks like the eighties, but isn't. 

First couple of episodes have introduced the two protagonists, expecting episode 3 to ramp it up a bit...

Edited by Boris

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Antone watched Maniac on Netflix?

Watched the first couple of episodes and so far so good.

Kinda weird, alternate reality - looks like the eighties, but isn't. 

First couple of episodes have introduced the two protagonists, expecting episode 3 to ramp it up a bit...

Watched the first episode and wasn't too keen but obviously there was a lot of set up to do in that 40 minute space so I'll probably try a couple more and see where that goes

18 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Watched the first episode and wasn't too keen but obviously there was a lot of set up to do in that 40 minute space so I'll probably try a couple more and see where that goes

S'funny...no spoilers but I preferred the first episode to the second...

I would say that it's a bit of a scrambled plot, or rather, hard to work out WTF is actually going on, bar the main strand. 

Carl Fredrickson
On 20/09/2018 at 20:17, Tazio said:

If you can break away from gun and drug dramas the The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Amazon is worth a watch, it's just won 5 Emmy awards. Very funny story about a disillusioned jewish housewife in early 60's New York accidentally becoming a stand up comedian. Excellent performances all through the cast, including the actress that plays Lois in Family Guy featuring, sadly she isn't as hot as Lois in real life but very funny. 

Just finished watching this on your recommendation and loved it. Laughed out loud at a few bits and I am looking forward to the second series. 

The Internet

Yeah just watched episodes 3 and 4 of sick of it and it gets better and better. Some great references to the podcasts too. 

On 07/09/2018 at 18:36, chester copperpot said:

Anyone old enough to love the original Karate Kid Movie has to get involved with Cobra Kai.

I watched all 10 episodes in 1 night last night as was hooked from the off.

The first time I have ever got lost in a tv series but if you take it for what it is, you will totally love it.

on episode 4 i am really enjoying it. i like the way they have put some decent thought into the story

scott herbertson

Walking dead returns today I believe - anyone got any good links to series streaming sites (mine are outdated - PM would be fine and thanks in advance

rudi must stay

Doctor Who has, for me, taken a good step. Jodie Whittaker is excellent as the Doctor, excellent actress. And the first episode of the new series is very inventive and well made, worth watching

Carl Fredrickson
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Doctor Who has, for me, taken a good step. Jodie Whittaker is excellent as the Doctor, excellent actress. And the first episode of the new series is very inventive and well made, worth watching

I am not a fan of Dr Who, watch it with my son who loves it. He didnt want a female Dr but we both really enjoyed tonights episode. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series