Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Say What Again

Go back to Breaking Bad.

I watched the first two series and, while I enjoyed them, didn't think they were as great as friends had made out.

Get to Series 3 and it just gets better and better. Ended up being the best TV show I've seen.

Absolutely loved it.

Agree as well.

The guy who recommended it to me actually said stick with it for the first two series. I'm glad I did.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado

Line of duty on bbc2 1st episode was decent.

Black sails has been great.

Going to prepare for game of thrones by rewatching the last series.

Got vikings series 4 to watch still.

Carl Fredrickson

Watched the third (?) series of Shetland over the last couple of nights. Decent crime drama though Shetland is quickly becoming the new Midsommer!

Watched the first episode of Touch last night. Keifer Sutherland is the dad of a wee boy who is mute but is obsessed with numbers. The numbers he is obsessed with all have meanings and the first episode showed a lot of promise. 

Watched the first 3 of The Night Manager. It's ridiculous but self-aware. Enjoying it a lot.

I enjoyed it.  Lawrie was really good in it. 

The posters talking about Jessica Jones - is it worth sticking with?  I watched three episodes and was bored rigid.  Absolutely loved Daredevil, though, and will get round to watching Season 2 in the next few days.

Billions - starring Damien Lewis. About the corrupt Wall Street bankers and the authorities trying to bring them down. Also stars Tara from sons of anarchy :ruiner: very enjoyable show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say What Again

The posters talking about Jessica Jones - is it worth sticking with? I watched three episodes and was bored rigid. Absolutely loved Daredevil, though, and will get round to watching Season 2 in the next few days.

I stuck with it and enjoyed it. Not as much as Daredevil, but it won me over.

I believe they're all planned to come together at some point so may be worth sticking with it for that reason alone.

Well, that reason and Jessica's arse ;)

Billy Walsh

Really enjoyed the Night Manager, great cast who lived up to the billing.

As mentioned, only 1 episode into Billions but looks like it will be another great series.

Riddley Walker

Up to date with The Night Manager. It's a great watch, he is a totally shite spy though :lol:

How many times is he a second away from being discovered, or is just creepily staring at someone in a spyish way with a suspicious look in his eye.

I stuck with it and enjoyed it. Not as much as Daredevil, but it won me over.

I believe they're all planned to come together at some point so may be worth sticking with it for that reason alone.

Well, that reason and Jessica's arse ;)

see i preferred the first series of jessica jones to daredevil but the second series of daredevil knocked it out of the park

I agree with this. First 2 series are slow and not much happens. After that it's 100% awesomeness.

Are folk taking the piss with these sorts of comments? :laugh:

Im guessing it's about 10 episodes a series? That's like 20 hours of your life til it "gets good"

To me that just says it's not that great.

Not a dig at you barasa, plenty others said the same.

I thought breaking bad was a pile of mince though

jack D and coke

Im guessing it's about 10 episodes a series? That's like 20 hours of your life til it "gets good"

I didn't think the first two were bad at all. It does keep getting better though.

Breaking Bad is incredible television. IMO.

They're not bad episodes. They're extremely good in fact. It's just not what foll expect when they first sit down to watch after it being so hyped up. First 2 seasons are 2 good series of Drama episodes. The final 3 are 3 brilliant series of Action.

Just noticed an add for the sequel to the tunnel on sky atlantic. Starts 5th april.

The Tunnel wasn't a patch on The Bridge (Danish/swedish series it is based on)

Edited by Ray Gin

Rudolf's Mate

Season 3 finale of Black Sails! :-O

Cant wait til the next season.

Least G.O.T is back soon.

Came on to post similar. Started off not liking the guy playing Silver much but he's grown with every episode. Season 3 was no different and by the end he's a total standout.

Enjoyed this as much as anything I've watched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Ranch on Netflix with Ashton Kutcher Danny Masterton Elisha Cuthbert and Sam Elliot is alright.

The Ranch on Netflix with Ashton Kutcher Danny Masterton Elisha Cuthbert and Sam Elliot is alright.

It just about makes it to alright, but I'm not sure. It certainly doesn't reach good. And you forgot to mention Debra Winger who is the best actor in it IMO. Sam Elliott just doesn't have comic timing, Kutcher is useless. However Danny Masterton is very good. 

It just about makes it to alright, but I'm not sure. It certainly doesn't reach good. And you forgot to mention Debra Winger who is the best actor in it IMO. Sam Elliott just doesn't have comic timing, Kutcher is useless. However Danny Masterton is very good.

I realised that i left her out too late to edit.

Jambof3tornado

The Tunnel wasn't a patch on The Bridge (Danish/swedish series it is based on)

No but it was still pretty decent.

No but it was still pretty decent.

Actually going by the trailer it seems that the second season is going to be a completely different plot from the original version.

Say What Again

Pleased to see Black Sails getting some credit :)

It seems to to exist under most people's radar, no doubt as its only on Amazon (as far as I know). Easily one of the best shows on Tv and deserves to sit with TWD and GoT when such things are discussed.

At the risk of repeating myself into double figures on this thread, Vikings and Daredevil currently completes my top 5 - with Better Call Saul and while we wait on Narcos again.

So there you have it. Those 7 are my definite top 5.

Edited by Say What Again

Say What Again

I forgot the point of me posting was because I'd just finished Black Sails s3 :lol:

Cracking stuff - again.

Charles Vane

:sob:

Pleased to see Black Sails getting some credit :)

It seems to to exist under most people's radar, no doubt as its only on Amazon (as far as I know). Easily one of the best shows on Tv and deserves to sit with TWD and GoT when such things are discussed.

At the risk of repeating myself into double figures on this thread, Vikings and Daredevil currently completes my top 5 - with Better Call Saul and while we wait on Narcos again.

So there you have it. Those 7 are my definite top 5.

Its on the History channel as well but its a season behind.Agree though great show i actually think its better than Vikings which although i like i find it all a bit samey now.

Really enjoyed the Night Manager, great cast who lived up to the billing.

As mentioned, only 1 episode into Billions but looks like it will be another great series.

The night manager took a couple of episodes to warm up but I was loving it by the end of the series. 

Say What Again

Agree though great show i actually think its better than Vikings which although i like i find it all a bit samey now.

I'd agree with that as well. I watched Black Sails s3 over 4/5 days. Im 2 episodes behind Vikings and just always seem to find something else to watch.

Jambof3tornado

I stoppped watching vikings about 2 episodes from the end of season 3. Started watching it again after finishing black sails and back into it now.

Also preparing for GoT by rewatching series 5!

mrmarkus1981

Finished watching 11.22.63 last night, enjoyed it despite it being a bit of a love story!

Finished the first series of American Crime last week - also very good

JudyJudyJudy

Just finished " American Crime story" OJ Simpson Trial. 

This has been outstanding.  Rivetting TV even though we obviously knew the outcome.

Great acting from all the leads especially Sarah Paulson, Courtney B Vance and a truly bizarre turn by John Travolta.

John Gentleman

The night manager took a couple of episodes to warm up but I was loving it by the end of the series. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it and great to see Roper get his comeuppance in the finish.

Line of Duty, on the other hand, ......well you just don't who'll be the real villain (or, at least, worst) of the series. The writer, Jed Mercurio, certainly keeps you guessing. Cracking stuff to watch though....

JudyJudyJudy

Thoroughly enjoyed it and great to see Roper get his comeuppance in the finish.

Line of Duty, on the other hand, ......well you just don't who'll be the real villain (or, at least, worst) of the series. The writer, Jed Mercurio, certainly keeps you guessing. Cracking stuff to watch though....

Yeah very true about Line of Duty. I think the audience may be in for a quite a shock who may be the real villain of this. Also Im sure Lindsay Denton has been framed.  Keely Hawes is terrific in displaying the ambiguity of these character.  

Malinga the Swinga

NightManager was good apart from two things and as they were important, they did spoil an otherwise excellent series. The ridiculous ending which had to be changed from the book as it didn't suit the moral thread the BBC were aiming for, and even worse, the horrific casting Olivia Coleman. Why we need to have the introduction of an emotional pregant over acting actress into the world of spy catchers and controllers defied belief. Someone needs to tell her that shouting isn't an acting method, and that she was only a success in Broadchurch because Tennant carried her.

No wonder she wanted a second series of Night Manager, she must realise that her good luck will run out eventually. Luckily Hiddlestone and Laurie have ruled out returning in these roles as if the BBC were allowed to carry on with this series, they would no doubt a mange to turn everyone into a tree hugging goodie two shoes.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished a few 

I loved the book and was sooooo looking forward to the TV show but once more Kings book has not been adapted well. The book was a page turner that kept me up way beyond my bed time but the TV show lacked the drama and tension of the book, If you havent read the book you will enjoy the show a lot more. If you have read the book, I would advise that you avoid the TV show.

Vinyl

Watched this after a recommendation and I loved it. It is about the rise and fall of a record company in the 1970s. I found it compulsive viewing with some amazing acting and probably the best sound track of any TV show. Mick Jagger was the executive producer so I assume he was quite influential in making it feel so realistic.

Line of Duty season 3

Wow. Just wow. The BBC have one of their best shows tucked away on BBC 2. Season 1 and 2 are filled with twists and edge of seat moments - 3 episodes into season 3 and the standard is as high as ever. I doubt there is a better show on the BBC at the moment, 

We have recorded The Night Manager and The People v OJ Simpson so that will be our next couple of shows. 

The wife starts back at work today so i will need to find something for me to watch on my own that wouldnt appeal to her

John Gentleman

Just watched the 1st series of Line of Duty in one sitting. Brilliant. Start 2 tomorrow!

Watching series 2 will give you a contextual handle on series 3 (I had to go back and revisit it).  

tokyowalnut

Watching series 2 will give you a contextual handle on series 3 (I had to go back and revisit it).

Finished series 2 today, on 3 at the moment. A couple of episodes in 2 threw me a little, but enjoyed it.

3 has started off with a bang!

JudyJudyJudy

Just watched season 2 of  American Crime". Not to be confused with " American crime story" 

The first season was excellent and it was about a white " hate crime" murder and the reprecussions from it. Excellent acting from Felicity Huffman , Timothy Hutton and others.  

The second season is about male rape in a prestigious elitist college / high school.  It has the same actors as the first season but obviously different characters. Both seasons are outstanding. 

Me and the missus binned Les Revenants season 2 after a couple of episodes. First season was enjoyable enough but two seasons in with no real direction is too much for me. Started Narcos instead and we're glad we did!

Also really enjoying House Of Cards season 4; only a few more episodes left though.

JudyJudyJudy

Me and the missus binned Les Revenants season 2 after a couple of episodes. First season was enjoyable enough but two seasons in with no real direction is too much for me. Started Narcos instead and we're glad we did!

Also really enjoying House Of Cards season 4; only a few more episodes left though.

Yeah i only gave Les Revanants a few episodes and felt nothing was happening. It just meandered.  Better choice wth Narcos . Its excellent. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series