Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Wooft, just rattled through 7 episodes of Trapped since finishing my work this afternoon, keeping last 3 episodes for tomorrow evening. What a programme. All the characters are good.

Agreed. Love the setting.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say What Again

Just finished Jessica Jones. I enjoyed it, probably not as much as Daredevil to start with, but perfect timing for the return of Daredevil.

Nice crossover in the last episode with Rosario Dawson's nurse character brought into it, and Daredevil mentioned.

Oh, and she has a truly magnificent arse!

jack D and coke

ok so I'd never seen nor had any real idea about Sons of Anarchy until last night.

Watched 4 episodes (So I'm giving it a chance.) is this pretty much what to expect from the show or does it get better?

Not intentional but I cant seem to get in a lot of these 'big' american series (breaking bad was over hyped mince)

I fully expect folk to tell me its the best thing ever but opinions appreciated.

SOA is a funny one. I ended up watching it all as i didn't really have anything else to watch at the time and I nearly chucked it a few times. Agree what some say about it being a bit like the A team and a far fetched. The series in Belfast is about as bad as anything ive ever watched but it got good from series 4 on. I ended up enjoying it though.

Nowhere near as good as some would have you believe though.

JudyJudyJudy

Agreed. Love the setting.

Yeah i love all those Nordic noir shows...Primarily for the setting !  But it does help that they are well made , taunt , great story lines and mysteries and very well acted. " Trapped" was excellent. Also " The Bridge" and " The Killing" 

JudyJudyJudy

SOA is a funny one. I ended up watching it all as i didn't really have anything else to watch at the time and I nearly chucked it a few times. Agree what some say about it being a bit like the A team and a far fetched. The series in Belfast is about as bad as anything ive ever watched but it got good from series 4 on. I ended up enjoying it though.

Nowhere near as good as some would have you believe though.

I watched the first season and hated mostly all the characters so just gave up on it. 

jack D and coke

I watched the first season and hated mostly all the characters so just gave up on it.

I know exactly what you mean.

I found it difficult to take to any of them myself especially after I realised it was Charlie Hunnam from Green Street fame. His cockney accent was bad enough in that and although his American accent was better it's hard to believe they had to use a Geordie to play a badass biker and the Irish accents were really, really bad in Belfast. Just use Irish people ffs!! The Scottish boy always got on my paps though right to the end[emoji1]

Saying that it was almost like a different show for me after that and I ended up enjoying it bizarrely.

Far fetched nonsense but some decent violence too.

8 episodes into sons. Slow so far but beginning to enjoy it and slowly getting used to how far fetched it is. There doesn't seem to be a storyline though. Just unconnected jobs.

I hope Jax's mum dies ASAP though.

8 episodes into sons. Slow so far but beginning to enjoy it and slowly getting used to how far fetched it is. There doesn't seem to be a storyline though. Just unconnected jobs.

I hope Jax's mum dies ASAP thoug

Yeah i actually hated Jaxs mum in this. One of the reasons i gave upon it. Obviously the actress doing a  good job then I guess

Started on Limitless. I'm not impressed after the second episode.

Seems like just another Elementary/Sherlock. Disappointing as I loved the film.

A season 5 of Vikings given the go ahead. Mass rumours Travis Fimmel aka Ragnor wont be in it. The focus being more on Bjorn and his other son's.

Guest JamboStu22

It is a bit old made in 2005 on sky boxsets but check out Sleeper Cell. Undercover FBI agent who praticed Islam to join an extremist group who plan a terriost attack. Watched few episodes really good.

It is a bit old made in 2005 on sky boxsets but check out Sleeper Cell. Undercover FBI agent who praticed Islam to join an extremist group who plan a terriost attack. Watched few episodes really good.

Watched it when it first aired and yes its good. Check out Brotherhood its in boxsets as well

Guest JamboStu22

Watched it when it first aired and yes its good. Check out Brotherhood its in boxsets as well

Was going to watch that after sleeper cell.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished Bates Motel season 3 and it was most enjoyable, The guy that plays Norman Bates is creepy as fcuk. 

Saw a fee of Vinyl (REALLY enjoyed that) and 11.22.63. I loved the book of 11.22.63 but within the first couple of episodes it has drifted a bit away from the book. It is still a decent watch but as with a lot of adaptions of books by Stephen King, it isnt as good as I was hoping.

Next up with probably be Better Caul Saul (s2) and Daredevil (s)

BCS (s1) drifted along nicely and I expect season 2 to see Saul starting to play dirty. 

Daredevil isnt the kind of show I would normally watch but we did after the hype of it and both the Mrs and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoping season 2 is as good. 

finished jessica jones, liked it have started on daredevil not too sure about it just now but i am only 3 episodes in and the end of that episode looks like when it might get good

Peaky Blinders series 3 rumoured for April.

Paddy Considine joins the cast.

I'm sure it was confirmed a couple of days ago.

Edit. Just checked and it is in production and will be broadcast starting in October.

Edited by Tazio

JudyJudyJudy

I'm sure it was confirmed a couple of days ago.

Edit. Just checked and it is in production and will be broadcast starting in October.

yeah think it begins later in year. Its brilliant series and Paddy is a great actor.

Rudolf's Mate

After seeing is mentioned on here several times I made a start on Black Sails. Felt it was a bit of a slow burner but really enjoyed season 1. Season 2 was brilliant and some of the characters which annoyed me have come right into their own. Highly recommended. 

Just finished the 2nd season of Daredevil. As good as, if not better, than the 1st season in my opinion. Bernthal absolutely nails it. It's taken Marvel umpteen attempts but finally we get a decent Punisher.

Just finished the 2nd season of Daredevil. As good as, if not better, than the 1st season in my opinion. Bernthal absolutely nails it. It's taken Marvel umpteen attempts but finally we get a decent Punisher.

I'm most of the way through it and agree with everything you say.

I'm most of the way through it and agree with everything you say.

And it looks like they've set up some serious shit for season 3. Can't wait.

Seymour M Hersh

I appreciate this is slightly off topic but if someone was looking to ditch sky/virgin and look for alternatives that were cheaper but they could still see their favourite series/shows, how would manage this. Is it even possible. Oh and they're total technophobes so answers in single syllables please. 

Rudolf's Mate

I appreciate this is slightly off topic but if someone was looking to ditch sky/virgin and look for alternatives that were cheaper but they could still see their favourite series/shows, how would manage this. Is it even possible. Oh and they're total technophobes so answers in single syllables please.

Look and post on the 'Kodi Again' thread. You'll find the answers on there.

Contact Sky's cancellations and tell them you want to leave. They'll make some crappy offer of 10% off for a year or something. Tell them to bolt. 

After 3 weeks of the notice period, a week before you are due to be cut off, on your Sky Box use the remote to go into 'interactive > my account'. "Press blue for an exclusive offer". 50% off for a year.

Not sure Kodi will be for them if they are total technophobes.

jack D and coke

I hope Jax's mum dies ASAP though.

Persevere through the horrendous Irish episodes and it gets better. It's pretty daft but enjoyable after that.

Contact Sky's cancellations and tell them you want to leave. They'll make some crappy offer of 10% off for a year or something. Tell them to bolt. 

After 3 weeks of the notice period, a week before you are due to be cut off, on your Sky Box use the remote to go into 'interactive > my account'. "Press blue for an exclusive offer". 50% off for a year.

Not sure Kodi will be for them if they are total technophobes.

I'd agree.

Kodi takes a bit of setting up and a bit of maintenance and a bit of patience. If you struggle with the more advanced computer functions like downloading stuff in steps and knowing where it went so you can find it, then Kodi might be a problem for you. The easiest way is to befriend someone who knows. Get them round the house. Get it installed in as simple a layout as possible and learn how it works in simple form. Someone could make a fortune doing installations for folk. Once set up you shouldn't have to touch it much, maybe a bit of a look by your mate once every 6 weeks or so if you kept it simple.

I hated Breaking Bad but I just watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul and really liked it. It has a 'Fargo' feel to it and I loved Fargo. 

I assume its worth carrying on with and it doesn't just die on its arse after a good start ?

BurnieHearts

The Blacklist is out of this world. All three seasons on putlocker. 

Full of twist and turns and each episode is only 40 mins long. 

Halfway through Broadchurch series 2.

Bamboozled, a great piece of television.

Edited by aussieh

I hated Breaking Bad but I just watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul and really liked it. It has a 'Fargo' feel to it and I loved Fargo.

I assume its worth carrying on with and it doesn't just die on its arse after a good start ?

Nah stick with it, season 2 is even better than season 1 [emoji106] Edited by jamb0_1874

I'm re-watching The Shield and it's (almost) as good 2nd time around as it was when I first watched it 10 years ago.. Still think it's the best TV show I've ever seen.

John Findlay

I haven't read through all the thread. But would recommend these three from the 70s and 80s. When the boat cones in. Boys from the blackstuff and the Monicled Mutineers. Apology if others have already done so.

I'm re-watching The Shield and it's (almost) as good 2nd time around as it was when I first watched it 10 years ago.. Still think it's the best TV show I've ever seen.

I've just finished it having had the box set for years. Awesome.

rudi must stay

A few years on I have realised Boardwalk Empire isn't as bad as I thought, it has the same writer as the Sopranos, Terence Winter, and if you watch it closely you can tell

JudyJudyJudy

I've just finished it having had the box set for years. Awesome.

I think ill try this show. I like the lead actor Michael Chiklis.  He was great in " American horror story Freak show" and " Gotham". so ill give it a go

JudyJudyJudy

A few years on I have realised Boardwalk Empire isn't as bad as I thought, it has the same writer as the Sopranos, Terence Winter, and if you watch it closely you can tell

Still suffered a lot after the second series when that MAJOR character got killed off. Dont want to say more on this to spoil others fun. But an excellent series nevertheless

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

Go back to Breaking Bad.

I watched the first two series and, while I enjoyed them, didn't think they were as great as friends had made out.

Get to Series 3 and it just gets better and better. Ended up being the best TV show I've seen.

Absolutely loved it.

Go back to Breaking Bad.

I watched the first two series and, while I enjoyed them, didn't think they were as great as friends had made out.

Get to Series 3 and it just gets better and better. Ended up being the best TV show I've seen.

Absolutely loved it.

I agree with this. First 2 series are slow and not much happens. After that it's 100% awesomeness.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series