Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started watching Elementary.

Is it just me or is Johnny Lee Miller's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes rather Derren Brown-esque? The way he talks and the mannerisms are just like him.

Riddley Walker

Ive got Bloodline and Narcos on my watch list. Both apparently good. Just finished " Grace and Frankie" which stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. Its a comedy show with a good share of laughs and make some good points about getting older . Fonda looks amazing for 77 ! Ok she has had plenty plastic surgery but looks good.

Oh God. Sorry man but I was forced to watch about 5 or 6 episodes of that, thought it was awful. A bad time in my life.

Just finished Fortitude. Started well but got a bit daft in the middle and turned out like a long episode of the x-files.

Thats exactly what i felt. I thought it would be a crime tv show but it completely went pear shaped. Only good thing about it was the amazing scenery 

Oh God. Sorry man but I was forced to watch about 5 or 6 episodes of that, thought it was awful. A bad time in my life.

which show? 

The re-make of Mad Dogs on Amazon is pretty good. Hammered through the first 8 episodes

It's not bad at all, well cast. And I'm strangely attracted to the female detective. 

The People vs OJ Simpson. Just started this week (Tuesday) A dramatization of the murders of Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman.

Excellent first episode. Worth following. Some good actors in it.

Sorry I don't know if this is airing just now in the UK. I watched it on Kodi.

Finally got round to watching season 5 of Homeland. Really good and back on track.

Yeah it was good. Claire Dane's wobbly chin was in overdrive though, it was really annoying me by the end of the season.

Malinga the Swinga

The 100 code on Sky Atlantic is excellent. Set in Sweden and mix between English and subtitles. Search for serial killer turns into hunt for criminal who is encouraging others to live out their fantasies.

Finished watching " Narcos". It has been fantastic. Highly recommended. 

Also watching " American crime story . The OJ simpson story".   Only first episode but really good . John Travolta very odd thou...!

The League - An American comedy about a group of friends running their own American Football Fantasy League, just finished first season and its hilarious.

The League - An American comedy about a group of friends running their own American Football Fantasy League, just finished first season and its hilarious.

I've got 5 episodes left of Season 7 (the Final one).

Its absolutely brilliant.

Finished the last season yesterday. The 7th season was not as enjoyable as the others.

On a side note the character Pete is a total smug ****. All the other characters are good in their own ways but i just i hated Pete from day one till the end. Dont see why any of them would want to be mates with him.

Eventually started The Bridge after years of putting it off for something else. Got all three series to watch and three episodes in, it's been good.

Eventually started The Bridge after years of putting it off for something else. Got all three series to watch and three episodes in, it's been good.

Sounds like you are watching the correct version. Enjoy. :)

Saga is brilliant.

US office

I really didn't fancy this when it was first aired, wasn't really my kind of thing. I've just Binge watched 9 seasons and I have to say it was truelly magnificent. The rollercoaster of emotions I want through was just crazy. It's up there in my top 10 series. It did lose something when Steve carell left it but I was still hooked due to the other characters especially dwighte.

Must watch

jack D and coke

Nearly done two season of The Sopranos and I'm wondering if the writers objective is to despise all the characters?

I ****ing hate the lot of them[emoji23]

Nearly done two season of The Sopranos and I'm wondering if the writers objective is to despise all the characters?

I ******* hate the lot of them[emoji23]

You cant hate Paulie and the early Christopher surely. Paulie is one of the greatest comedy characters ever imo and wait until you get to the snow in the woods episode with him and Christopher together, all i will say is mint chewing gum right now

I was hooked on Paulie as soon as he started beating **** out Jews when he was rininging the bell and no one answered episode.

Edited by vegas-voss

I ******* hate the lot of them[emoji23]

Cant believe you aint watched the Sopranos have you even watched The Wire?

jack D and coke

You cant hate Paulie and the early Christopher surely. Paulie is one of the greatest comedy characters ever imo and wait until you get to the snow in the woods episode with him and Christopher together, all i will say is mint chewing gum right now

Paulie is ok actually but aarrggghhh that Christopher i hoped he was snuffing it when he got shot[emoji1]

I'm exaggerating a bit about hating them all but some of them I hope get what's coming to them.

Paulie is ok actually but aarrggghhh that Christopher i hoped he was snuffing it when he got shot[emoji1]

I'm exaggerating a bit about hating them all but some of them I hope get what's coming to them.

Paulie and Christopher are comedy gold together.The side characters are the best in the Sopranos imo.

jack D and coke

Cant believe you aint watched the Sopranos have you even watched The Wire?

I downloaded the Wire about two years ago and still haven't got round to watching it. I go through phases of watching stuff and I'll maybe go to that after Sopranos.

I downloaded the Wire about two years ago and still haven't got round to watching it. I go through phases of watching stuff and I'll maybe go to that after Sopranos.

Wire is better imo but i think i am in the minority. Season 3 especially of The Wire is the best tv ever imo.

The Wire

Breaking Bad

Sopranos

In that order for me.

Wire is better imo but i think i am in the minority. Season 3 especially of The Wire is the best tv ever imo.

The Wire

Breaking Bad

Sopranos

In that order for me.

My order is slightly different :  The Sopranos

,                                                Breaking bad

The Wire.

The episode with Paulie and Christopher is the classic one called " Pine Barrens". My favourite episode is " Long term parking". " The Sopranos" really is outstanding TV. Yes the characters are mainly scum, this includes Carmela Soprano who quite happilly lives in luxury despite knowing her husbands shadey " business" enterprises. It says a lot for the writing, acting and directing that one can have sympathy for Tony who really is a monster. I loved his interactions with Dr Melfi. Lorraine Bracco has a very sultry voice. I also loved the complex relationship Tony had with his mother , the Monstrous Livia Soprano.  Its a  shame she wasnt in more episodes as I loved her cruelty and her comical interactions with Uncle Junior. 

jack D and coke

My order is slightly different : The Sopranos

, Breaking bad

The Wire.

The episode with Paulie and Christopher is the classic one called " Pine Barrens". My favourite episode is " Long term parking". " The Sopranos" really is outstanding TV. Yes the characters are mainly scum, this includes Carmela Soprano who quite happilly lives in luxury despite knowing her husbands shadey " business" enterprises. It says a lot for the writing, acting and directing that one can have sympathy for Tony who really is a monster. I loved his interactions with Dr Melfi. Lorraine Bracco has a very sultry voice. I also loved the complex relationship Tony had with his mother , the Monstrous Livia Soprano. Its a shame she wasnt in more episodes as I loved her cruelty and her comical interactions with Uncle Junior.

Summed it up nicely. His uncle junior, his mother, Christopher, pussy, his Italian cousin, Richie and Janice and others I just want them all to die horribly every episode[emoji1]

Anyone watching Limitless on Sky 1 ? I am binge watching it on Kodi and its actually not bad although you could see it becoming repetitive if they go on much further than a season or 2

Really liked the film so will give it a go, finally finished watching Fargo series 1, loved it, just started watching Jessica Jones and enjoying it so far

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series