• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm currently watching nothing, having just finished Game of Thrones. Which in my opinion really is the best of all time.

So was thinking about buying a new series. The Sopranos, House of Cards, The Wire etc. What would you recommend?

Carl Fredrickson

I'm currently watching nothing, having just finished Game of Thrones. Which in my opinion really is the best of all time.

So was thinking about buying a new series. The Sopranos, House of Cards, The Wire etc. What would you recommend?

The Sopranos is well worth a watch. I have all the box sets and never tire of revisiting them. House of Cards - I enjoyed the first series but felt the second dragged out a bit. Still worth watching. 

The Wire is on my list of "still to watch"

I am watching Arrested Development and I am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. It reminds me a wee bit of the old sitcom SOAP and it is funny enough to watch a few on the trot.

On episode 5 of Lilyhammer season 3 its really good so far.

I still havent see Series 2 because Netflix wont release it for DVD or to other channels? :(

Though I was in Lillehammer when they were filming Series 3, earlier this year. :)

Edited by Chester?

I still havent see Series 2 because Netflix wont release it for DVD or to other channels? :(

Though I was in Lillehammer when they were filming Series 3, earlier this year. :)

Thats kinda pish of netflix. Season 2 was good as well.

The Sopranos is well worth a watch. I have all the box sets and never tire of revisiting them. House of Cards - I enjoyed the first series but felt the second dragged out a bit. Still worth watching.

The Wire is on my list of "still to watch"

I am watching Arrested Development and I am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. It reminds me a wee bit of the old sitcom SOAP and it is funny enough to watch a few on the trot.

I think I am slightly swaying towards the Sopranos for my next buy. Only ever heard good reviews for it.

Rudolf's Mate

I think I am slightly swaying towards the Sopranos for my next buy. Only ever heard good reviews for it.

Sopranos is possibly my all time fav programme. Out of curiosity, when you purchase what do you normally watch them on?

Sopranos is possibly my all time fav programme. Out of curiosity, when you purchase what do you normally watch them on?

Well I do have Netflix but for anything that isn't on it I just buy the box set.

Rudolf's Mate

Well I do have Netflix but for anything that isn't on it I just buy the box set.

If you watch via tablet, laptop or PC then google XBMC hub!

• 2 weeks later...
Rudolf's Mate

Done Breaking Bad for 2nd time and now onto Sopranos.

Remember thinking that BB was up there with Sopranos but even 1 episode in and I'd forgotten just how exceptional the Sopranos is.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished all of Arrested Development. Very, very funny. Cant believe it has taken me this long to watch it.

Started the latest series of Lillyhammer and it hasnt disappointed so far. 

Also working our way through Gotham which is ok and has potential 

Watched season 1 of Ray Donovan really enjoyed it finished the League which i really enjoyed especially the Rafi and Dirty Randy ( Seth Rogan ) episodes now onto Community which is funny in bits.

House of Cards is excellent, both seasons are available on Netflix.

Really looking forward to the third series and I anticipate this will be the fall of Mr Underwood.

Cheers. Thankfully, I've managed to get 6 months free out of Virgin. :smuggy:

Thats alright means you can catch up on lilyhammer then.

Carl Fredrickson

Thats alright means you can catch up on lilyhammer then.

Finished series 3 last night. Such a great show and a wee cameo from Bruce Springsteen in the last episode too  :2thumbsup:

Finished series 3 last night. Such a great show and a wee cameo from Bruce Springsteen in the last episode too :2thumbsup:

I liked the inclusion of Entourages Billy Walsh (Rhys Coiro) and Paul Kaye again.

Finished series 3 last night. Such a great show and a wee cameo from Bruce Springsteen in the last episode too :2thumbsup:

That'll no be a surprise for me then...

Talking exclusives, anyone know when season 2 of Black Sails is expected on Amazon?

January 24th its shown in America so probably March??

Sexton Hardcastle

Watched almost all of season 4 of Homeland over past two days.

Much better than season 2 and 3. Looking forward for finale.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Magic, Grado. :thumb:

Enjoyed Black Sails season 1, and Vikings just gets better and better. Cracking show.

Im the same loved both shows from the start. Vikings was a slow starter but worth persisting with.

The last few episodes have been superb.

...a bit disco

The last few episodes have been superb.

Loving Quinn going off on one.

Makes Jack Bauer look like a pacifist My Little Pony.

Magic, Grado. :thumb:

Enjoyed Black Sails season 1, and Vikings just gets better and better. Cracking show.

I watched the whole of the first series of Black Sails and can barely remember anything about it apart from lots of nudity. 

I watched the whole of the first series of Black Sails and can barely remember anything about it apart from lots of nudity.

Indeed. Some nice clunge, but pretty average, I thought.

Say What Again

You sure?

My recollection was the nudity disappearing after about 3 episodes, to be replaced by some semblance of a storyline.

I was raging, but stuck with it.

I'm not sure you watched it all, Taz. Tell the truth - you binned it after episode 5 when there were no boobs? :P

No watchin' this pish! :lol:

Say What Again

Indeed. Some nice clunge, but pretty average, I thought.

I only said I 'enjoyed' it :( Didn't say it was the new Hollyoaks.

Being more serious, I don't think anyone claimed it was great.

I watched The Returned after it was recommended here (please not by you or Taz, he says without checking) and wished for the end from halfway through.

I'm convinced if that was in English, from ITV, we'd all agree it was pish. But hey, it's subtitled. Coooool.

Edited by Say What Again

I only said I 'enjoyed' it :( Didn't say it was the new Hollyoaks.

And I didn't say I did not enjoy average programmes with decent clunge. For the record, I do.

Say What Again

And I didn't say I did not enjoy average programmes with decent clunge. For the record, I do.

Apologies, I was trying (and failing) to edit my post, but you replied before I could.

It was just a boys pirate story to me (funnily enough). I don't think it took itself too seriously.

And there was naked bursd :thumb::lol:

Best season so far, after 2 & 3 I was apprehensive about watching another season but glad I didn't give up. Just 2 episodes left this season and looking like they could potentially make a great season even better.

Gomorrah has been the best thing on tv this year imo.Absolutely brilliant show and for anybody that never seen it and likes mafia shows they should check it out on Sky demand as the whole series is on there.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series