Recommend a tv seriesp

Walter Bishop

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm going to revisit Underbelly on Prime.

STV showed the first 3 series of 6 a good few years back. John Michie did a voice over for some strange reason.

There is 3 series that I have not seen and 3 that I will happily watch again, it is that good.

A true story Aussie series on the criminal underworld. Shocking but enthralling.

Season 1 was excellent and was a great potrayal of the gangland situation of the time.  Was more interesting for me as a few of the scenes in that season where filmed around Richmond, Melbourne which is where I lived at the time.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesM48

• Carl Fredrickson

• Tazio

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson

I enjoy introducing my son to TV shows and films that I have enjoyed and more often than not they are hits with him. He will shortly be studying WW2 and I am looking forward to watching Band of Brothers with him. 

However our current show I have revisited is 24. It must be close to 20 years (or possibly more) since it first aired and I watched it at the time but not since. I stopped after S2 as I thought it was too "samey" but my memory of S1 was that it was compulsive viewing and the weeks couldnt go fast enough until the next episode. 

In 2021 it hasnt aged well and rather than being exciting and edge of seat stuff I am finding it boring and disliking nearly all of the characters. My son thinks it is hilarious. We have about 4 to go but will not be watching S2. 

Bleedsmaroon
On 19/09/2021 at 08:54, Carl Fredrickson said:

I enjoy introducing my son to TV shows and films that I have enjoyed and more often than not they are hits with him. He will shortly be studying WW2 and I am looking forward to watching Band of Brothers with him. 

However our current show I have revisited is 24. It must be close to 20 years (or possibly more) since it first aired and I watched it at the time but not since. I stopped after S2 as I thought it was too "samey" but my memory of S1 was that it was compulsive viewing and the weeks couldnt go fast enough until the next episode. 

In 2021 it hasnt aged well and rather than being exciting and edge of seat stuff I am finding it boring and disliking nearly all of the characters. My son thinks it is hilarious. We have about 4 to go but will not be watching S2. 

The Pacific is also worth a watch alongside B.O.B.

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

The Pacific is also worth a watch alongside B.O.B.

I found it hard to warm to the characters in the Pacific than Band of Brothers. Both a great watch but BoB really got to me.

I’ve watched a few episodes tonight of The Cleaner on iPlayer with Greg Davies. Interesting comedy about a crime scene cleaner, each episode is him interacting with another person with good casts. 

Ron Burgundy
14 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve watched a few episodes tonight of The Cleaner on iPlayer with Greg Davies. Interesting comedy about a crime scene cleaner, each episode is him interacting with another person with good casts. 

Watched that as I like him but wasn't too sure if I liked it or not.

Not a patch on Man Down or Cuckoo IMO.

“ monsters inside ; the 24 minds of Billy Milligan “  Netflix 4 parter 

Excellent documentary about Billy Milligan who was the first person to get off with a serious crime ( rapes) due to his defence of having multiple personality disorder ( or Dissociate Identity Disorder ) . The series is really good examination of this so called

medical disorder and what happened to him after his trial etc . Well worth a watch 

all episodes of the final series of goliath are on amazon prime from tomorrow. i am looking forward to see how they finish the story

22 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched that as I like him but wasn't too sure if I liked it or not.

Not a patch on Man Down or Cuckoo IMO.

I enjoyed the set up of it basically being only the two characters. The episode with the actor in the wheelchair was nicely awkwardly written. 

new version of never mind the buzzcocks. i enjoyed it but some of the introductions of the panellists from Davies seemed a little forced. 

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

new version of never mind the buzzcocks. i enjoyed it but some of the introductions of the panellists from Davies seemed a little forced. 

I quite enjoyed it and feel it will get a bit more relaxed as it goes on. 

Disco Dave
On 17/09/2021 at 17:31, Tommy Brown said:

I'm going to revisit Underbelly on Prime.

STV showed the first 3 series of 6 a good few years back. John Michie did a voice over for some strange reason.

There is 3 series that I have not seen and 3 that I will happily watch again, it is that good.

A true story Aussie series on the criminal underworld. Shocking but enthralling.

I watched all of these back when they first aired. Really enjoyed it

Edited by Disco Dave
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Started The North Water on Iplayer, quite enjoying it.

Oh I’ve just checked up on that . It looks good . Love things set in the artic etc . I’ll def give it a watch 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

I watched all of these back when they first aired. Really enjoyed it

Reached s1 e9 so far. Good stuff.

Frighteningly, absolute zoomers.

If your a lover of the female breasts, this show is a must. :lol:

Underbelly (Prime or STV Player)

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

good opening episode

And Morgana Robinson definitely a great sidekick for a mental night out. 

Ron Burgundy
15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh I’ve just checked up on that . It looks good . Love things set in the artic etc . I’ll def give it a watch 

Only 5 episodes but really enjoyed it. Plenty blood, guts and clubbing. 

PortyJambo

I'm a bit late to it, but I started watching Money Heist a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the first season and the second wasn't bad either, but seasons 3 on have become a bit of a struggle. I'm still watching, as want to see where it finishes, and it still has its decent episodes that make it worth sticking with.

It reminds me a lot of Prison Break, not only because it's criminals stuck in a bank (prison) being led by a mastermind (Professor in MH, Michael in PB) but also because they probably should have ended it after 2 seasons too.

After the first season, I did find myself singing/humming 'Bella ciao' quite a bit though, couldn't get it out of my head!

Edited by PortyJambo
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Only 5 episodes but really enjoyed it. Plenty blood, guts and clubbing. 

Blood ✔️ 

guts  ✔️ 

clubbing t ✔️ 

That’s my weekend sorted after the Hearts match 

😎

Edited by JamesM48
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

I'm a bit late to it, but I started watching Money Heist a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the first season and the second wasn't bad either, but seasons 3 on have become a bit of a struggle. I'm still watching, as want to see where it finishes, and it still has its decent episodes that make it worth sticking with.

It reminds me a lot of Prison Break, not only because it's criminals stuck in a bank (prison) being led by a mastermind (Professor in MH, Michael in PB) but also because they probably should have ended it after 2 seasons too.

After the first season, I did find myself singing/humming 'Bella ciao' quite a bit though, couldn't get it out of my head!

I watched the first season but felt it was quickly got bored of second season and just binned in . Strangely enough similar to “ Prison break “ which deteriorated after season 1 too 

Disco Dave
3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I bailed out at the start of season 3 too.  Got too silly for me.

Ive started watching Squid Game on Netflix. Its a South Korean show. It is strangely enjoyable and about playing a bunch of deadly playground games to win billions on won. Its reminds me a little of the film battle royal.

16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ive started watching Squid Game on Netflix. Its a South Korean show. It is strangely enjoyable and about playing a bunch of deadly playground games to win billions on won. Its reminds me a little of the film battle royal.

On UK netlfix? will need to check this out 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

On UK netlfix? will need to check this out 

Yeah, I think it will be in the most popular or trending, that’s where I saw it. My son reliably informs me it’s all over TikTok 

Tried watching Ted Lasso and The Morning Show as I ended up subscribing to Apple TV for a month.

Lasso is gash. Not sure how it won awards. Somewhere in between cliche-ridden guff and earnestly channelling its main character's niceness to present a very cuddly view of how the world works.

TMS showcases Jennifer Aniston's acting range... limited to being frustrated and selfish. 

And, funniest of all with both shows, is how they manage to have an Apple device in almost every scene. Product placement as subtle as a hangover fart in a crowded lift.

AC Mallin_51
On 24/09/2021 at 15:14, Lord BJ said:

Finished it today. Absolutely tremendous, recommend it to anyone. However be prepared for your nerves to be put to the test, some tense stuff 

hughesie27
On 23/09/2021 at 17:36, Furious Styles said:

This starts tomorrow on Netflix. Looks interesting. 

Watched first 2 of this. Enjoying it. No wiser to know what it's about yet though.

From the same guy (and a few of the same actors) as the Haunting of Hill House Bly Manor series.

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Tried watching Ted Lasso and The Morning Show as I ended up subscribing to Apple TV for a month.

Lasso is gash. Not sure how it won awards. Somewhere in between cliche-ridden guff and earnestly channelling its main character's niceness to present a very cuddly view of how the world works.

TMS showcases Jennifer Aniston's acting range... limited to being frustrated and selfish. 

And, funniest of all with both shows, is how they manage to have an Apple device in almost every scene. Product placement as subtle as a hangover fart in a crowded lift.

Only saw her in a couple of decent things . “ cake “ and “ meet the millers “ which was quite funny actually . I have never watched one episode of “

friends” 

Cairneyhill Jambo

Started watching Clique on Netflix.

It's a thriller about uni students and is filmed in Edinburgh.  First couple of episodes have been really slow but heard good reports about it so should hopefully pick up.

On 24/09/2021 at 11:08, JamesM48 said:

Blood ✔️ 

guts  ✔️ 

clubbing t ✔️ 

That’s my weekend sorted after the Hearts match 

😎

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite brutal at times, but worth watching.

Sex Panther

Just started on Midnight Mass last night, decent so far.

Watched 9/11: A Day in America last week. 6 part Nat Geo doc, done really well and does a great job of highlighting what it was like for those there at the time. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Started The Last Man. Only first episode but fairly promising start. 

I've watched the first 4 and am still not sure about it.

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I've watched the first 4 and am still not sure about it.

I’ll watch the others tonight and see then😬

On 27/09/2021 at 14:42, bairdy said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite brutal at times, but worth watching.

I’ll watch couple More episodes tonight , that Colin Farrell character is a real Scum bag 

On 26/09/2021 at 22:39, hughesie27 said:

Watched first 2 of this. Enjoying it. No wiser to know what it's about yet though.

From the same guy (and a few of the same actors) as the Haunting of Hill House Bly Manor series.

First few episodes definitely character driven and not much has happened in terms of scares but really enjoyable

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

First few episodes definitely character driven and not much has happened in terms of scares but really enjoyable

Watched 4 now. Things getting tasty.

Currently enjoying series 7 of Elementary. I haven't seen it for a few years. Amazon Prime.

Edited by ri Alban
16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Watched 4 now. Things getting tasty.

Was happy at the direction things were going in episodes 3 and 4 then not so impressed after events materialised. 

Watched the first episode of Foundation on Apple TV. Seems very well made and enjoyed it. Story is a bit come and go and I think I need to concentrate on it a bit more but happy to give it a few more episodes.

Also started watching the The North Water. Excellent cast and pretty good start.

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Clickbait on Netflix.

Wont be for everyone's liking but I rather enjoyed it!

Agreed, I really liked it

Just finished rewatching The Shield (on Prime).

Still superb viewing on 2nd watch. I'd actually forgotten most of what happened which probably helped.