Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

15 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Read today that there will be a second series. 

That young lad Kaleb must be the most likeable person on the planet.

That's good to know. 

Defo mate, he's some boy. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heart of Darkness
On 21/06/2021 at 12:24, JamesM48 said:

On the second part of “ Lupin” on Netflix . Apparently the most watched subtitled programme on it . No wonder . It’s terrific . It’s an old fashioned caper with a guy who is master of disguise avenging his dads wrongful imprisonment. It’s french so it’s full of french charm and class and the leading actor is easy on the eye too ! 

Started watching the first series last night (3 episodes) and finding it very enjoyable!! 👍

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Started watching the first series last night (3 episodes) and finding it very enjoyable!! 👍

It’s terrific . Enjoy the rest 

Heart of Darkness
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s terrific . Enjoy the rest 

👍

Much in the same mold as 'Money Heist' which the family all loved. I like how it shows how he did things later so you're always guessing. Son's gonna catch up today. 😁

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

👍

Much in the same mold as 'Money Heist' which the family all loved. I like how it shows how he did things later so you're always guessing. Son's gonna catch up today. 😁

Yes it’s very clever and intricate , although far fetched but done so well so i don’t mind. The Leading actor has great charisma 

Heart of Darkness
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it’s very clever and intricate , although far fetched but done so well so i don’t mind. The Leading actor has great charisma 

Bucket loads of Charisma!! A bit like Idris Elba but better. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Bucket loads of Charisma!! A bit like Idris Elba but better. 

Yep ! I think he will be a big star  the Show is the highest viewed sun titled show on Netflix apparently 

Tommy Brown

Late to the party with this one.

Bosch (Prime)

Just finished S1 and liked it. Struggled at first with dialogue, I need subtitles on most American shows :lol:. Started S2 last night.

7 series in total, I think.

On 15/07/2021 at 16:14, benny said:

Finished the last episode of Mr Inbetween.

Brilliant series with a good ending.

No number 4 in the series.

Late to the party but I watched this for the first time last night and did season 1 in one go. Thought it was excellent.

Going back a few years now but it reminded me of another Australian crime show called Underbelly. That was excellent too.

Another shout for Clarkson's Farm on Prime. Kaleb is a legend and Clarkson came across as far less of a #### than he was on Top Gear.

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/07/2021 at 19:00, feej said:

Godfather of Harlem on starzplay, prime. 

Now on season 2, loving it!!!

A friend recommended this too . I’ll give it a go 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A friend recommended this too . I’ll give it a go 

Good stuff, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, feej said:

Good stuff, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Hope so . 👍

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Watching 'The Third Day' on Sky at the moment. 

6 parter - very like Wicker man, not bad at all, a bit mental!

Too nutty for me. I’d have got off that island or drowned. 

Tommy Brown

High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule, 

5 episodes on bbc iplayer

Not watched it yet, but will. 

I have unhealthy fascination for this story and similar😀

Story of the Peru 2.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule, 

5 episodes on bbc iplayer

Not watched it yet, but will. 

I have unhealthy fascination for this story and similar😀

Story of the Peru 2.

It's a bit meh ..her story is totally not believable "I was just an innocent wee coked up daft wee lassie"  but she is clearly telling her version of the story, bit of a fluff piece in all honesty.

Visually it's all over the place, part interview, part dramatisation,part real footage but feel very amateurish for a BBC production.

On 28/07/2021 at 12:49, milky_26 said:

the final series of Goliath premiers on 24th september

Superb. Great series

JudyJudyJudy
On 28/07/2021 at 12:49, milky_26 said:

the final series of Goliath premiers on 24th september

This is one series I’ve yet to watch as I really like Billy Bob Thornton . He’s an outstanding actor . I’ll get round to it 

52 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This is one series I’ve yet to watch as I really like Billy Bob Thornton . He’s an outstanding actor . I’ll get round to it 

Highly recommend it.  It's excellent

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Highly recommend it.  It's excellent

Yes I’ll give it a go 

Taken on All 4.

3 part documentary series following a police investigation into sex trafficking. Not exactly a cheery watch but engrossing. 

Samuel Camazzola
19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Taken on All 4.

3 part documentary series following a police investigation into sex trafficking. Not exactly a cheery watch but engrossing. 

Did any of the police officers boast about having a particular set of skills? 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did any of the police officers boast about having a particular set of skills? 

cf96348a950b69f9c878330e8f7f9c1b.gif

JudyJudyJudy

Really enjoyed season 4 of this drama about different people going to a therapy session each week . Each episode is 30 minutes long so easy to watch . Brilliant if you have an interest in psychology and therapy related things . It’s interesting to see how each Client grows and develops through the series . The acting is outstanding , In particular the less actress Uzo Aduba . 

On 28/07/2021 at 22:46, Bozi said:

It's a bit meh ..her story is totally not believable "I was just an innocent wee coked up daft wee lassie"  but she is clearly telling her version of the story, bit of a fluff piece in all honesty.

Visually it's all over the place, part interview, part dramatisation,part real footage but feel very amateurish for a BBC production.

Discussed this on the main Shed forum. The bit for me that told me she was at it was when she said she only found out she was travelling so far when the monitor on the seat in front showed her destination!!! No matter how thick you are, there are enough clues on your tickets and boarding pass to let you know where you are going to.

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, JWL said:

Discussed this on the main Shed forum. The bit for me that told me she was at it was when she said she only found out she was travelling so far when the monitor on the seat in front showed her destination!!! No matter how thick you are, there are enough clues on your tickets and boarding pass to let you know where you are going to.

There is no accounting for a lot of people's comon sense.

Would include my stepdaughter, very academic,university educated, schoolteacher, but a total airhead.

Hand people a map and it can be staggering that a lot would not even know where to start looking for a place if asked.

I've still to watch this and probably will watch it with a cynical head on. 

"Aye, is that right, hmm"

1 hour ago, JWL said:

Bingo, she plays the part well but she is clearly not as stupid as she pretends to be.

It's also telling that there was no a peep from her cellmate.

There was also the bit talking about attitudes to drugs that she "had that attitude for years" and yet she kept making out she was just some daft wee lassie from a wee village who wasn't into drugs before.

I genuinely can't believe the BBC aired this absolute nonsense

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Bingo, she plays the part well but she is clearly not as stupid as she pretends to be.

It's also telling that there was no a peep from her cellmate.

There was also the bit talking about attitudes to drugs that she "had that attitude for years" and yet she kept making out she was just some daft wee lassie from a wee village who wasn't into drugs before.

I genuinely can't believe the BBC aired this absolute nonsense

Yeah, have to agree, just too many instances where you thought, nah, she's at it. The bit where she was in Peru, knowing exactly what's going on and she's saying all she wants is to get back to Ibiza!! Not Ireland, not the comfort of your family, but Ibiza. Just feck off.

On 27/06/2021 at 19:09, Diadora Van Basten said:

Apache The Carlos Tevez story.

Its a bit like City of God meets Stookie.

I really enjoyed it.

Just finished this. I found some of the acting/character stories a bit odd….. As in the way they portrayed the majority of his friends/family as over exaggerated jakeballs, lunatics or halfwits. 

Interesting watch overall though and I enjoyed it. Pretty mental upbringing that he experienced!

On 03/08/2021 at 22:50, Ray Gin said:

Taken on All 4.

Cant believe the sentences they got 

No wonder they started dealing in women rather than drugs cause if you get caught you don’t do much time for the amount of money you can make  

Carl Fredrickson
On 03/08/2021 at 22:50, Ray Gin said:

Taken on All 4.

Lots of free advertising for Adultworks. 

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Cant believe the sentences they got 

No wonder they started dealing in women rather than drugs cause if you get caught you don’t do much time for the amount of money you can make  

Spoiler in white:

I know, outrageous. The main man will spend less time in prison than the police spent on the investigation, and just crappy community service sentences for the other 2. Disgraceful and not much of a deterrent

Edited by Ray Gin

Half-way through Your Honor.

Started off well, but Adam is doing so much moronic stuff that it's annoying me. Nobody could be this stupid.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Started off well, but Adam is doing so much moronic stuff that it's annoying me. Nobody could be this stupid.

It deteriorated drastically . 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It deteriorated drastically . 

Disappointing after a solid start. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes. :( 

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Disappointing after a solid start. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes. :( 

Yes it seemed to be really go then went haywire with stupid plot holes , which always annoys me . However it wasn’t bad enough to Not Continue watching . I finish it all but it was just average IMO 

11 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I felt the same and abandoned it. 

Carl Fredrickson

Having read posts on here I started Bosch a few weeks ago and I am halfway through season 7. A great show with lots of action, twists and a couple of laughs thrown in. 

On 10/08/2021 at 08:41, Carl Fredrickson said:

Having read posts on here I started Bosch a few weeks ago and I am halfway through season 7. A great show with lots of action, twists and a couple of laughs thrown in. 

Bosch (Prime)

I went back to s1.

I am now on s4e3.

Absolutely love it.

Not bad going as 20 episodes per series.

Edited by Tommy Brown

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series