Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Clarkson's Farm.

Never been a fan but this is brilliant.

LOL moments plenty and makes you wonder how farmers make a living.

Clarkson himself comes across well in the 3 episodes i have watched so far.

Some great characters but love it when Cheerful Charlie appears.😄

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, benny said:

Clarkson's Farm.

ive only watched the first two episodes and it is great. The grief he gets from kaleb is hilarious

JudyJudyJudy
On 02/07/2021 at 12:36, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched Fargo series 4 this week. Had a different feel from the others but still an enjoyable watch. Lots of humour, violence and great acting. 

Love this show . There has been some criticism of season 4 but I thought it was superb . So brutal at times but also extremely funny 😄 but that mad nurse in it could give nurse Ratchet a run for most horrible nurse on screen ! 

Carl Fredrickson
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Love this show . There has been some criticism of season 4 but I thought it was superb . So brutal at times but also extremely funny 😄 but that mad nurse in it could give nurse Ratchet a run for most horrible nurse on screen ! 

Jessie Buckley is great in it. Only noticed her in things recently and the more I see of her, the more I appreciate her acting. Fargo is one of my favourite shows and S4 was well worth a watch

Carl Fredrickson
38 minutes ago, benny said:

Clarkson's Farm.

I am someone who enjoys watching things with Clarkson (there is probably a help group for this) so I would have watched the show regardless of reviews. 

What you state is what loads of folk I know have said. "not a fan of Clarkson BUT..." is how they start the conversation too :)

Episode 2 with the sheep was hilarious. A very educational show which will make lots of us (especially me) appreciate the issues farmers face. 

I love the scenes with the guy that Clarkson (and us) cant understand. Hope there is a second series. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am someone who enjoys watching things with Clarkson (there is probably a help group for this) so I would have watched the show regardless of reviews. 

What you state is what loads of folk I know have said. "not a fan of Clarkson BUT..." is how they start the conversation too :)

Episode 2 with the sheep was hilarious. A very educational show which will make lots of us (especially me) appreciate the issues farmers face. 

I love the scenes with the guy that Clarkson (and us) cant understand. Hope there is a second series. 

I watch with subtitles on.

Makes out what Gerald is saying but a lot of the time Gerald mumbles comes up.😄

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, benny said:

I watch with subtitles on.

Makes out what Gerald is saying but a lot of the time Gerald mumbles comes up.😄

:)

Bosch - Amazon Prime 

I’d never seen it but got recommended it. Binged 6 episodes in the last 2 days (1st series obvs). Just wow. It’s brilliant.  I hear it doesn’t dip at all in the 7 series so I’m in for a treat. What a show

Pans Jambo
On 19/06/2021 at 01:11, Tenaciousdandy said:

Clarksons farm on prime, absolutely brilliant 

Surprisingly good. Hes a nob of the highest order so I thought it was just going to be all him & his ego. Really enjoyed it. 

Pans Jambo
On 25/06/2021 at 17:06, 1971fozzy said:

Thanks to those recommending Lupin . I’ve just binged first 5 episodes today.  Loved it. Great stuff

Another quality show 👍

31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Another quality show 👍

yep. Finished the 2nd series and great ending 👍

really enjoyed it

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep. Finished the 2nd series and great ending 👍

really enjoyed it

Top tip, I'm thoroughly enjoying this 👍

On 27/06/2021 at 19:09, Diadora Van Basten said:

Apache The Carlos Tevez story.

Its a bit like City of God meets Stookie.

I really enjoyed it.

Where’s this? On of my favourite players

Disco Dave
On 04/07/2021 at 23:30, 1971fozzy said:

Bosch - Amazon Prime 

I’d never seen it but got recommended it. Binged 6 episodes in the last 2 days (1st series obvs). Just wow. It’s brilliant.  I hear it doesn’t dip at all in the 7 series so I’m in for a treat. What a show

I just finished the latest (last) season.  It doesn't dip at all...... you won't be disappointed.

My mate suggested watching a program called Animal Kingdom has anyone watched this ?

Very strange first few eps 

Diadora Van Basten
21 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Where’s this? On of my favourite players

It’s on Netflix 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

My mate suggested watching a program called Animal Kingdom has anyone watched this ?

Have watched it and would recommend it

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Utter shit. 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Utter shit. 

Thought that gangsters and cheesing over 10k or 8k from a drug sale hardly big time lol

Diadora Van Basten
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Ta bud

Let me know what you think I would be interested to hear.

Carl Fredrickson

This Is Pop on Netflix is a decent doc series about different genres of music and other music related stuff

Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

I don’t know whether it’s because they’re the same age as me or because they’re both really funny but I love it. It’s not my usual kinda thing. I loved to fish when I was a Bairn. 
I have cried laughing at Bob falling over

41 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t know whether it’s because they’re the same age as me or because they’re both really funny but I love it. It’s not my usual kinda thing. I loved to fish when I was a Bairn. 

Brilliant TV. 

22 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Loved that.

Tommy Brown

Recommended a while back and started watching yesterday (4 episodes today)

Apache: The life of Carlos Tevez. (Netflix)

Had no idea that it was a drama documentary, holy shit, what an upbringing in an absolute hell-hole. Terrifying stuff.

Subtitled, but story makes you quickly forget, you end up engrossed.

JudyJudyJudy

“ in treatment “  is back on again after a 10 Years absence ! It’s a great drama about different patients attending a therapist who attempts to help them sort out their issues . It’s very good . Gabrielle Byrne and Dianne Weist were originally in it but it seems to have a new cast . 

On 07/07/2021 at 23:01, Diadora Van Basten said:

Let me know what you think I would be interested to hear.

Absolutely lovin it. Been off sick so bingeing it. What a tough childhood and fair play to his Aunt/Uncle

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Absolutely lovin it. Been off sick so bingeing it. What a tough childhood and fair play to his Aunt/Uncle

I am really glad, I enjoyed it and it’s a crazy story.

Diadora Van Basten
On 13/07/2021 at 18:11, Tommy Brown said:

Recommended a while back and started watching yesterday (4 episodes today)

Apache: The life of Carlos Tevez. (Netflix)

Had no idea that it was a drama documentary, holy shit, what an upbringing in an absolute hell-hole. Terrifying stuff.

Subtitled, but story makes you quickly forget, you end up engrossed.

I am really glad that other people are watching and enjoying it. I guarantee that you will enjoy the final episodes as the story knits together.

14 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am really glad, I enjoyed it and it’s a crazy story.

Most players when they leave West Ham for “bigger” things get a hard time when they come back. Lampard (jr), Ince, Defoe etc. Not Carlos. Classy every time he came back with Utd and Citeh

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Most players when they leave West Ham for “bigger” things get a hard time when they come back. Lampard (jr), Ince, Defoe etc. Not Carlos. Classy every time he came back with Utd and Citeh

I read something similar that he was the one Boca player that River Plate fans liked.

3 episodes in to 'Coyote'. Drama about a retiring US border agent who gets dragged into helping a pregnant Mexican gang members wife escape across the border. Off to a decent start. With Michael Chilkis (Vic Mackey from The Shield) in the lead role. 

Third season of Manifest available on SKY. I don't know why I watch it as I think the acting is terrible but I can't stop now 😁  apparently this is the final season.

Edited by neilnunb

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Third season of Manifest available on SKY. I don't know why I watch it as I think the acting is terrible but I can't stop now 😁  apparently this is the final season.

Spoiler

the worst thing is it ends on a cliffhanger and after it being cancelled it has the second highest time at no 1 on the IIRC netflix tv charts ever

Stewart MacD

Second series of "Demon Slayer" (Kimetsu no Yaiba) is in the can but no release date as yet. Expected to be a similar number of episodes (26) as the first one. There's a (very) short teaser trailer, showing it set in the city. Action after Mugen train.

A one-off episode of "Kingdom" (Korean) and a new series of "Sex Education" coming in September.

Not sure about Series 6 of The Expanse. Series 5 was a letdown.

18 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Watched first season no bad towards the end of first season was getting out of hand. 

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Clarksons Farm program on Amazon Prime is absolutely brilliant.

Brilliant series sadly it has been cancelled after season 1. Kaleb and Gerald were hilarious 

2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Brilliant series sadly it has been cancelled after season 1. Kaleb and Gerald were hilarious 

It was good, it hasnt been cancelled just not confirmed yet.

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

It was good, it hasnt been cancelled just not confirmed yet.

Heard on the radio the other day that Amazon have decided against a second season 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Heard on the radio the other day that Amazon have decided against a second season 

That would be a shame. I think viewing figures must be good as everybody I know has, watched it and loved it, with many of them not being fans of Clarkson 

It may be that the Amazon contract with the Top Gear blokes have other things for them to do. 

Edit From this link it looks like S2 hasnt been commissioned yet but the link also states that it is the  highest rated show on Amazon. https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/jeremy-clarkson-addresses-rumours-farm-5658459?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Edited by Carl Fredrickson
add info

Clarkson tweeted that the cancellation rumour was “ a hafwit from the Mirror and not to believe him”  or along those lines, so it’s very much a possibility there may be a second series

Edited by 1971fozzy

Ron Burgundy
16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Just finished Clarksons farm. 

Love it. 10/10.

Read today that there will be a second series. 

That young lad Kaleb must be the most likeable person on the planet.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series