• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Started watching the nevers, 15 mins in and it’s wtf already 😂

Saw it was available. Will give it a try. Some great series on sky Atlantic. 

Watching a BBC mini series we had on the planner called ‘Life’

4 episodes in (6 in total) and it’s very good. About 4 flat households in a large house and all the intervening connections. 
Has Peter Davidson in it as well as the stunning Saira Choudry 

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

7 episodes in total I think. There are two people who I’m sus about. The priest is obviously coming into it more but I think her boyfriend (the author) could be a dark horse. I don’t think the person tonight was involved in the murder.

I think it could be the other priest.

Not the one the focus is on the now.

See what you mean about the dark horse Guy Pierce character.

Only because of an big actor like him playing such a small part.

7 episodes in total I think. There are two people who I’m sus about. The priest is obviously coming into it more but I think her boyfriend (the author) could be a dark horse. I don’t think the person tonight was involved in the murder.

1 hour ago, benny said:

Could well be him. there is going to be a big plot twist I reckon.

I really feel for zabel though, really liked him. Didn’t think the idea of a romance with mare was plausible though

The pact, bbc1. First 2 episodes of 6 shown earlier this week. About a prank gone wrong and the aftermath. Has the beautiful Laura Fraser in it too

Carl Fredrickson
18 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The pact, bbc1. First 2 episodes of 6 shown earlier this week. About a prank gone wrong and the aftermath. Has the beautiful Laura Fraser in it too

Started watching this yesterday evening and ended up watching 5 episodes. E6 is now on. Great watch - the lassie from one of the soaps is great in it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

55 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Started watching this yesterday evening and ended up watching 5 episodes. E6 is now on. Great watch - the lassie from one of the soaps is great in it.

They’re all available to watch now? Had no clue. No probs about the recommendation 👍

56 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

That girl would be Julie hesmondhaugh I think, played Hayley a good few years

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

That girl would be Julie hesmondhaugh I think, played Hayley a good few years

I recognised her face but couldnt say what she was in. I saw an interview with her a couple of months ago and she talked about the show. I forgot about it until your post. A great binge watch with some very decent acting

Couldn't get into the pact.

Did 2 episodes.Good acting but too much going on.

Went to the last episode and glad I missed out on the others.

Laughable ending.

Carl Fredrickson

BBC Iplayer has all the Silent Witness episodes on it. My late father used to enjoy the show but I hadnt seen it before. 

It is so bad but compulsive viewing. All of the police staff are incompetent and it is always the pathologists who do all the detective work. 

2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, i started watching that and I'm not sure if i like it or not either. Its just a bit kinda weird. 

I'm about 4 episodes in and I'm still not sure. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I'm about 4 episodes in and I'm still not sure. 

i would say stick with it, if they get a second series i would say there is more scope for a better storyline

Disser Pointon

Ted Lasso, comedy about an American football coach taking over an EPL side, right up my street, very likeable characters.

crunchy frog

New mini series on Netflix called Halston, about a fashion designer from 60s/70s who I'd never heard of tbh. Worth a watch.

Seeing Ewan McGregor kissing men and getting bummed was quite surreal however 😀

3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

New mini series on Netflix called Halston, about a fashion designer from 60s/70s who I'd never heard of tbh. Worth a watch.

I just watched a documentary (I think on Amazon Prime but maybe Netflix) about him. Fascinating character, will definitely watch mini series. 

Nail Bomber - Manhunt. Superb documentary about the 1999 London nail bombings and the people involved in catching and convicting him. Will be particularly interesting to anyone who remembers it or who lived in or near London at the time. Even if you know the story, throws some new light on it. 

Edit: on Netflix. 

Edited by GinRummy

On 26/05/2021 at 17:36, GinRummy said:

Nail Bomber - Manhunt. Superb documentary about the 1999 London nail bombings and the people involved in catching and convicting him. Will be particularly interesting to anyone who remembers it or who lived in or near London at the time. Even if you know the story, throws some new light on it. 

Just watched this. Very good and refreshingly not needlessly drawn out over 6 episodes. 

On 26/05/2021 at 14:23, crunchy frog said:

Just seen trailer to this and looks good but that might be cause I like the depeche mode song that’s played in trailer. 

Will give it a watch next week 

Seymour M Hersh

Obviously all you hi-brow critics on here will disagree but The Grinder with Rob Low was daft but quite funny and enjoyable. 

Road to Partition. 2 part documentary on the events that led to the partition of Ireland. Fascinating stuff. BBC iPlayer.  

Edited by GinRummy

JudyJudyJudy
On 26/05/2021 at 17:32, GinRummy said:

I just watched a documentary (I think on Amazon Prime but maybe Netflix) about him. Fascinating character, will definitely watch mini series. 

Yes Halston was not too bad . 6/10 there is actually An excellent documentary on YouTube About the Versailles fashion show with many of the people who were there discussing it . It’s terrific . Halston was a design genius 

On 26/05/2021 at 17:36, GinRummy said:

I used to go to London around about that time and think I was in that pub once or twice . Tragic tale . I’ve not watched it but will do . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Halston was not too bad . 6/10 there is actually An excellent documentary on YouTube About the Versailles fashion show with many of the people who were there discussing it . It’s terrific . Halston was a design genius 

I used to go to London around about that time and think I was in that pub once or twice . Tragic tale . I’ve not watched it but will do . 

You know the thing that got me about the nail bombing documentary. It’s that here you had a racist group, many of its members threatening all sorts of minorities, yet the authorities didn’t seem to see them as a real threat. I just found that baffling. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You know the thing that got me about the nail bombing documentary. It’s that here you had a racist group, many of its members threatening all sorts of minorities, yet the authorities didn’t seem to see them as a real threat. I just found that baffling. 

I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment but I can see what you mean . I would assume he was just some looney homophobe who wouldn’t act out on his hatred ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment but I can see what you mean . I would assume he was just some looney homophobe who wouldn’t act out on his hatred ? 

Apparently, warning signs of the danger BNP supporters were at that time, were there, going ganged up after meetings and beating up individuals unlucky enough to encounter them, trading bomb making instructions, splinter groups galore. Nobody was investigating them to any real degree. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apparently, warning signs of the danger BNP supporters were at that time, were there, going ganged up after meetings and beating up individuals unlucky enough to encounter them, trading bomb making instructions, splinter groups galore. Nobody was investigating them to any real degree. 

Yes well I would say the police were still in their infancy regarding LGB issues then so maybe didn’t h

taje the threats as serious as they should have ? I’ll need to watch it 

JudyJudyJudy
On 31/05/2021 at 20:45, benny said:

Watched the final episode of Mare of Easttwood.

Great ending to a great series.

Yes wasn’t it amazing ? Surely there must be a season 2.  

Spoiler

That scene between Mare and her sister in the kitchen  was just stunning . Hardly and dialogue but the audience understand it all . An acting masterclass 

Superb series and ended very well. 

Yeah it was awesome

On 01/06/2021 at 23:57, JamesM48 said:

Yes wasn’t it amazing ? Surely there must be a season 2.  

Hide contents

That scene between Mare and her sister in the kitchen  was just stunning . Hardly and dialogue but the audience understand it all . An acting masterclass 

Don’t know what I made of the final twist. Was an excellent series though. Kate winslet is amazing

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah it was awesome

Don’t know what I made of the final twist. Was an excellent series though. Kate winslet is amazing

Yes she’s a really fine actress . Very believable in this role . Looking forward to second season . 

Carl Fredrickson

TV at its finest. 

Tommy Brown

Time (BBC) sunday 9pm

Sean Bean plays a first time prisoner after a drink drive death, Stephen Graham is his screw who has a son inside another prison.

A great Jimmy McGovern production.

I think it was said, that all episodes are available already on iplayer.

Malinga the Swinga
On 04/06/2021 at 09:01, JamesM48 said:

Yes she’s a really fine actress . Very believable in this role . Looking forward to second season . 

No second season planned. Written as s stand alone mini series.

Watched all three seasons of The Killing on iPlayer. First and third are good but the second season is one of best I can remember watching.

Lund is top TV detective.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No second season planned. Written as s stand alone mini series.

Watched all three seasons of The Killing on iPlayer. First and third are good but the second season is one of best I can remember watching.

Lund is top TV detective.

Yes I read that too . I’m fine with that too as sometimes the quality can diminish . I’ve taped “ the killing” as it was on bbc 4 so I’ll watch that soon . already seen it but well worth a second watch 

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Time (BBC) sunday 9pm

Sean Bean plays a first time prisoner after a drink drive death, Stephen Graham is his screw who has a son inside another prison.

Excellent first episode, cant beat the 2 leads at all

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Time (BBC) sunday 9pm

Excellent first episode, cant beat the 2 leads at all

On 28/05/2021 at 19:17, Seymour M Hersh said:

Obviously all you hi-brow critics on here will disagree but The Grinder with Rob Low was daft but quite funny and enjoyable. 

I'm just catching this now though it's a few years old, I'm enjoying it. Fred Savage seems not to have changed much. I can't watch anything without looking up IMDB, it's quite interesting to see all he's directed.

20 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Time (BBC) sunday 9pm

fantastic 1st episode. Really impressed 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series