Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Just watched the first episode of Gotham which starts on channel 5 in October.Very promising start letting you see all the characters in the first episode and yes overall for a pilot I thought it was very good.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished Sons of Anarchy Series 3. A very good last episode but i found the whole series a bit flat and not as good as the first 2

Should i stick with it?

Watching an episode of The Bridge each night with the Mrs and we are both loving it. Good decent and good acting. I am not the biggest fans of shows with subtitles (easier than learning a new language....) but it doesnt detract from the quality of the show.

Thanks to the poster that recommended The Bridge earlier in this thread.

Just finished Sons of Anarchy Series 3. A very good last episode but i found the whole series a bit flat and not as good as the first 2

Should i stick with it?

Watching an episode of The Bridge each night with the Mrs and we are both loving it. Good decent and good acting. I am not the biggest fans of shows with subtitles (easier than learning a new language....) but it doesnt detract from the quality of the show.

Thanks to the poster that recommended The Bridge earlier in this thread.

Yes, absolutely stick with SoA. The last 2 / 3 seasons have been the best IMO.

Carl Fredrickson

Yes, absolutely stick with SoA. The last 2 / 3 seasons have been the best IMO.

Cheers

The wife is working tonight and she doesnt like it so I will watch one or two tonight

• 2 weeks later...

just started watching Gotham (got young cop guy from Southland in it). a bit like an origins series of Batman.

Also watching the Knick with Clive Owen , so far so good 4 episodes in but pretty graphic when it comes to the surgery! (got some funny looks from guy next to me when i watched first episode on the plane)

Carl Fredrickson

Working our way through Under The Dome. 4 episodes left in season 2 and i must admit to enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Not got round to reading the book yet but I have heard it differs quite a bit.

The Bridge series 2 is now on Netflix so that will probably be next, followed by Gotham as per recommendations on this thread and then hopefully Lillyhammer season 3.

Just watched Gotham.

Was decent.

Going to watch the blacklist, is it any good?

Watched the first series pretty quickly. it is ok. starts off quite well but has 22 episodes in series, some eps better than others. Also it sort of follows a formula, so although each episode is different, gets quite samey.

Just started watching American horror story? Anyone watched and know If I should continue, not convinced so far!

It's ok wouldn't say it's any better than that but that's just me

Looking forward to Fortitude on SKY. Has the lady from The Killing in it. Which was amazing....the Danish original not the shitey American version.

• 2 weeks later...

Z nation is enjoyable, don't know when it's on here. I'll get stick, but the 100 is really decent too, second season started brilliantly.

Say What Again

Just started watching American horror story? Anyone watched and know If I should continue, not convinced so far!

I thought it was garbage mate.

I finished the first season, but just to find out what happened at the end. I won't be watching any more.

I thought it was garbage mate.

I finished the first season, but just to find out what happened at the end. I won't be watching any more.

I like it. Depends on what you're cup of tea is. Generally each season is pretty twisted and formulaic but it's entertaining. I don't have an issue with the same cast being used either.

jack D and coke

Anybody watched Outlander? Set in scotland around Jacobite times? Just downloaded it the other day but haven't watched it yet.

Anybody watched Outlander? Set in scotland around Jacobite times? Just downloaded it the other day but haven't watched it yet.

Watched first couple. It's alright.

Seymour M Hersh

Tried watching The Blacklist just not for me thought it was pretty meh and just too glossy.

Have to say the wife & I really enjoy that. Spader really is a good actor.

Have to say the wife & I really enjoy that. Spader really is a good actor.

I like Spader as an actor,just could not get into the show though.Does it get better and grow as I have only watched 3 episodes or does it just carry on in the same vain.

I've just finished watching Vikings. It was on History channel. Really good show, well worth a watch. Currently working my way through Justified. Another thoroughly enjoyable show. I would also recommend The Good Wife.

I like Spader as an actor,just could not get into the show though.Does it get better and grow as I have only watched 3 episodes or does it just carry on in the same vain.

I really like the Blacklist, but it does at times seem a bit schizophrenic. It can't seem to decide if it's 24 or Burn Notice. What i mean by that, is it has some real shock scenes, characters dying etc.. then at other times becomes more formulaic. In saying all that of course, nothing wrong with a show that's a blend of 24 and Burn Notice :)

To answer your question then, yes it is a bit formulaic at the start, but there are some good story arcs that progress in Season 1. Stick with it.

Also, episode 1 of season 2 was superb.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread yet and i assume with it being a British show most of you have seen it. However, i just watched Top Boy on Netflix. Britain's answer to the wire, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread yet and i assume with it being a British show most of you have seen it. However, i just watched Top Boy on Netflix. Britain's answer to the wire, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched the first two series and thought it was really good bit harsh to compare it to the brilliance of The Wire though as its just not in that league.Looking forward to the next one though

I really like the Blacklist, but it does at times seem a bit schizophrenic. It can't seem to decide if it's 24 or Burn Notice. What i mean by that, is it has some real shock scenes, characters dying etc.. then at other times becomes more formulaic. In saying all that of course, nothing wrong with a show that's a blend of 24 and Burn Notice :)

To answer your question then, yes it is a bit formulaic at the start, but there are some good story arcs that progress in Season 1. Stick with it.

Also, episode 1 of season 2 was superb.

Running out of stuff to watch so I will stick with it then

Templeton Peck

Last nights Missing on BBC1 had a promising first episode. I also enjoyed The Code which has been shown on BBC4. It was an Austrailian production

Working our way through Under The Dome. 4 episodes left in season 2 and i must admit to enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Not got round to reading the book yet but I have heard it differs quite a bit.

The Bridge series 2 is now on Netflix so that will probably be next, followed by Gotham as per recommendations on this thread and then hopefully Lillyhammer season 3.

differs massively from the book (under the dome) I enjoyed season one, but not hugely keen on season two.

Running out of stuff to watch so I will stick with it then

If you're running out, here's a list of stuff you may not have seen

1. The Returned (Les Revenant) - French subtitled - Fantastic

2. Lillehammer - Norwegian subtitled - Fantastic

3. The Intruders (beleive it's just started on bbc1, but all eps available online

4. Sleeper Cell (it's an oldie but a goodie).

If you're running out, here's a list of stuff you may not have seen

1. The Returned (Les Revenant) - French subtitled - Fantastic

2. Lillehammer - Norwegian subtitled - Fantastic

3. The Intruders (beleive it's just started on bbc1, but all eps available online

4. Sleeper Cell (it's an oldie but a goodie).

Big fan of Lillehammer and watched Sleeper Cell(much better than the soap opera that is Homeland)when it was on.Will check out the other two though when my internet is back up and running,a fault in the line apparently and will take up to 48 hours to fix.

right now Im watching a lot of filler shite to pass the time.

The Flash

Arrow - watching this from the beginning

Agents of Shield

Constantine

The Strain

The Blacklist - and this one

Peaky Blinders is about the best thing on the go the now.

...a bit disco

right now Im watching a lot of filler shite to pass the time.

The Flash

Arrow - watching this from the beginning

Agents of Shield

Constantinew

The Strain

The Blacklist - and this one

Peaky Blinders is about the best thing on the go the now.

Watch all of these too.

Must say I enjoyed the first episode of Constantine. Showed some promise.

Watch all of these too.

Must say I enjoyed the first episode of Constantine. Showed some promise.

Defo mate, I hope it gets enough viewers and doesn't get cancelled half way through the series

Defo mate, I hope it gets enough viewers and doesn't get cancelled half way through the series

Nothing worse than this - after being gutted when Sleeper Cell and Jericho got cancelled I now tend to wait until they are renewed.

Not read the whole thread, but is Californication any good? Currently watching Walking Dead & but going to catch up soon so need a new obsession....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series