Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Ploughing through Hannibal season 3.

For a show about serial killers, it seems that they're not very good at actually killing people.

The number of cast members that have made miraculous recoveries is laughable.
:cornette:

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 06/02/2021 at 14:53, milky_26 said:

WandaVision, just watched episode 5, it is getting better and better

Just started on it . Enjoyably bizarre even better if you can get the tv references 

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Been watching zero zero zero about halfway through, I thinks it’s very good with three intertwining stories, certainly has elements of likes of Narcos, Gamorah 

Might give that a go 

45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just finished it last night, I would strongly recommend it, found genuinely gripping. It’s also set itself up for a second series which has pleased me as I initially thought it was a one and done.

I trust your good taste ! 

Carl Fredrickson

Watched Britain At Low Tide on More4. I am a sucker for a wee bit of history and this was easy viewing and very informative. Really enjoyed it. Shame it is only S2 & 3 on More4. 

Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix) 

Documentary series about a young woman who disappeared while travelling in LA. A good watch, I just binged it in one sitting. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Devil's Dust (STV player)

Aussie drama doc on a major health and safety scandal against an asbestos manufacturer.

Screenshot_20210211-182502_Chrome.jpg

There was a very good stage play made in Scotland about the asbestos workers in the shipyards with Jonathan Watson. It was filmed last summer but sadly isn’t online anymore. People don’t realise he’s a very good straight stage actor and just think of him in Only An Excuse. Here’s  a monologue from it. 

I’ve just watched the first part of The History Of Comedy that I recorded from Sky Arts. Dealing with what is deemed offensive, it’s very American based but interesting with decent people being interviewed during it. Lots of good archive footage as well. 

scott herbertson

Watched the Scandi Noir Borderlands, all three series on Netflix over the last month. Very good, especially first two series, but be sure to watch it in Finnish with English subtitles as the US dubbing is horrendous

Also watching Valhalla - decent but no more so far

On 09/02/2021 at 18:13, Lord BJ said:

Been watching zero zero zero about halfway through, I thinks it’s very good with three intertwining stories, certainly has elements of likes of Narcos, Gamorah 

Thanks fir the recommendation . Really good . Reminiscent of various tv series .as you pointed out . Hopefully there will be a second series 

Spoiler

Lost its way  around episode 6/7  felt with the African storyline but picked up pace in last couple episodes . 

On 14/02/2021 at 15:47, ri Alban said:

Unforgotten V. G I'm now on series 3.

Your honor, turned it off. 

White House Farm is next on my list. Any good? 

White House farm was good . Well acted by a good cast .

On 14/02/2021 at 15:47, ri Alban said:

Unforgotten V. G I'm now on series 3.

Your honor, turned it off. 

White House Farm is next on my list. Any good? 

White House farm was good . Well acted by a good cast .

The Shield has recently turned up on Amazon Prime.. one of the most under rated TV series ever. Should be mentioned more often with the likes of Breaking Bad, The Wire & the Sopranos

28 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

The Shield has recently turned up on Amazon Prime.. one of the most under rated TV series ever. Should be mentioned more often with the likes of Breaking Bad, The Wire & the Sopranos

Was a very good show. I’m always amazed that Homicide:Life On The Street doesn’t get more mentions. Not just brilliant characters and storyline it also used a lot of filming techniques that are heavily used nowadays. It was revolutionary when it came out. 

William H. Bonney
38 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

I really enjoyed the shield but it had a very narrow focus. 
I just finished watching southland, a far superior show I think. 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I got a Facebook memory post where I was raving about Southland. Which surprised me as I can’t even remember watching it but I must have enjoyed it at the time. 

51 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Was a very good show. I’m always amazed that Homicide:Life On The Street doesn’t get more mentions. Not just brilliant characters and storyline it also used a lot of filming techniques that are heavily used nowadays. It was revolutionary when it came out. 

Homicide Life on the street was one of the best at the time.

NYPD Blue another great series at the time.

I wonder if time has been good to both series.

2 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

The Shield was great. Is it in 4:3 SD or has it been remastered in HD since it was originally aired?

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Forgot all about Southland. Good show.

Season 2 of "For All Mankind" starts tomorrow.

Season 1 was great but I can't help thinking that it should have been a single season show.
Worried that it'll degenerate in quality and go into the realms of stupid.

We'll soon find out!

For those who haven't seen it before, it's an alternate history drama wondering what would have happened if the USSR landed a man on the moon first.

Partly a commentary on Cold War politics, partly a commentary on social equality in the USA and partly just a damn fine space adventure.

Edited by Cade

Behind her eyes - quite frankly the dullest most predictable, boring, poorly written shite ever broadcast on netflix and that's going some.

That's not all though folks, they have English actors doing Scottish accents which are possibly the worst Scottish accents ever portrayed. It is actually that bad it is offensive. 

1 out of 10 - avoid like the plague. 

Half way through ‘I know this much is true’ with Mark Ruffalo. Very heavy subject matter, to do with adult twins, one of whom has a severe mental health condition. Chuck in an infant death, failed relationships and the deliberate killing of a monkey and it seems like a recipe for absolute misery. Nonetheless it’s a brilliantly acted, compelling and involving series that so far is a 10/10.

On 09/02/2021 at 18:13, Lord BJ said:

You finished it yet? I kind of struggled with the first two episodes but kept going and really enjoyed it. All came together really well in final episode. No series 2 though ☹️

Half way through ‘Behind her Eyes’ on Netflix.

really good. Creepy drama about a love triangle..  really enjoyable. Edge of the seat stuff and the 2 women are like - wow

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah watched it all really enjoyed. Disappointed no 2nd series they certainly ended it a way that second series was doable. 

Aye, I thought there would be as well. Boy who done the tv show said it’s based on a book and one off mini series. 

chester copperpot

Faking it on Discovery +

A look into killers body language and how it gives them away. Totally intriguing.

They also have one on Earnstein and one on Prince Andrew

On 18/02/2021 at 23:29, Cruyff said:

Behind her eyes - quite frankly the dullest most predictable, boring, poorly written shite ever broadcast on netflix and that's going some.

That's not all though folks, they have English actors doing Scottish accents which are possibly the worst Scottish accents ever portrayed. It is actually that bad it is offensive. 

1 out of 10 - avoid like the plague. 

On 19/02/2021 at 23:03, 1971fozzy said:

Half way through ‘Behind her Eyes’ on Netflix.

really good. Creepy drama about a love triangle..  really enjoyable. Edge of the seat stuff and the 2 women are like - wow

😂 Fairly contrasting views on this

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

😂 Fairly contrasting views on this

He's obviously easy pleased :lol: it was utter shite and the accents are bogging. 

On 25/01/2021 at 11:46, Cade said:

Wandavision is totally, utterly bonkers but superb.

It’s ver clever and post modern really . Clever acting by the great cast . Exceptional , Original and bonkers . 

On 04/02/2021 at 04:50, ri Alban said:

I've had Crime Scene, The vanishing at the Cecil Hotel thingy on remind for about a month. 10th February. 

Actually gave me the creeps . She was on mdma I think in that lift 

On 08/02/2021 at 04:08, Alan_R said:

Anyone want to have a stab at throwing me some suggestions?

Rated:

Black sails, outlander, gangland Undercover, start up, cobra Kai, the punisher, mandalorian, hooten and the lady. 

Watched through:

Walking dead, the 100, outer Banks, white lines

Hated:

Vikings (should've loved it but wooden cast and dull plot)

Breaking bad, sons of anarchy (again should love it but too desperate housewives for me)

Like any adventure/treasure hunt vibes, gritty action, thrillers and some historical. 

I've got netflix, prime and Disney.

Hard to please if you didn’t rate “ breaking bad “ ! 😂

12 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Faking it on Discovery +

A look into killers body language and how it gives them away. Totally intriguing.

They also have one on Earnstein and one on Prince Andrew

I watch this regularly and the experts just annoy me with their "he looked down at the floor...he's faking it" tosh. Pretty easy to look at the simplest thing years after the event.

Mind you, the worst is Jeffrey Wansall on Britain/World's Most Evil Killer, whose patronising manner is creepier than any of the murderers being discussed. 😀

Trump Takes On The World on BBC iPlayer. 
Jesus Christ but it’s quite mind boggling. Made all the more shocking by the caliber of people being interviewed, leaders of state, senior diplomats, and ex White House staff. 

On 12/02/2021 at 15:29, Mikhail said:

Not sure if this has been posted already? I’m currently watching The Big C, series 3 and there’s a Hearts pendant hanging behind the bar. 

I saw this last night, had to stop rewind and pause, is it wrong to derive such pleasure from seeing this. Made me wonder if somehow a Jambo was working on the show and such the pendant in as wee treat to other jambos who happened to see it!

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Trump Takes On The World on BBC iPlayer. 
Jesus Christ but it’s quite mind boggling. Made all the more shocking by the caliber of people being interviewed, leaders of state, senior diplomats, and ex White House staff. 

The trump

show was excellent too. 

On 07/02/2021 at 17:08, Cade said:

There's as many theories about Wandavision as there are viewers.

Just about every issue of every Marvel comic book ever printed has been implicated at this point. 😂

one thing that has got me curious, as Wanda is eating her cereal with milk...where does their grocery supply come from? If nobody can get in and out there is surely a finite amount of food within the town and without supplies they will begin to starve soon

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series