Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Rogue Squadron :shockio:

That should be entertaining, great hopefully.    Been waiting for that for a long time.   Great they did the mandolorian as well. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty epic episode of The Mandalorian this week. 
One big question for me though. 

Spoiler

If you always wear a helmet and never take it off why do you have a moustache? 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Pretty epic episode of The Mandalorian this week. 
One big question for me though. 

Hide contents

If you always wear a helmet and never take it off why do you have a moustache? 

Spoiler

Haha too hot for a full on beard under the helmet? 😁

He does remove it when alone though, just not infront of other beings. Remember he took it off in S1 to eat when the villager brought him food. 

Good to see him do it this episode too...for his 'son' 😁

On 10/12/2020 at 20:33, geomac said:

I'd missed this so bingeing first two series now, enjoying it a lot. Good cast dark and quirky.

love Tim Roth in it, 4 episodes in so should finish it this weekend

have you watched Banshee? Similar if you don’t mind a bit gratuitous claret spilt.

Edited by Hesh

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

love Tim Roth in it, 4 episodes in so should finish it this weekend

have you watched Banshee? Similar if you don’t mind a bit gratuitous claret spilt.

Cheers for the tip, I'll check it out

3 episodes into the Netflix series called “Delhi Crime”.

oooft it’s absolutely compulsive stuff, about the inhumane rape and attack on the Indian couple by 6 scum of hell dugshit animals (that’s unkind on animals) on a bus after watching a movie at the cinema.

it’s not easy watch and is obviously utterly heartbreaking. The acting is brilliant

On 08/12/2020 at 18:00, JamesM48 said:

Might give that a go . Love any show about serial killers :) 

Worried about myself for years with my obsession with serial killers both true and dramatised. Found out it’s a thing for lots of people and stopped fretting. Anyone want to buy a set of second hand claw hammers and some masks ?

55 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Worried about myself for years with my obsession with serial killers both true and dramatised. Found out it’s a thing for lots of people and stopped fretting. Anyone want to buy a set of second hand claw hammers and some masks ?

Lol me too ! I’ll skip the claw hangers and masks though . 😂 yeah been about interest of mine for years starting with Jack the Ripper ( I can name all the victims ) to more modern serial killers Bundy , Rosemary and Fred , Brady and Hindley . However not that obsessed I’ve written to any of the live ones in jail wanting to marry them 😂 now that a new level of obsession 

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

My wife recently has become very interested in all these serial killer documentaries. I think I may need to hide the hammer and saw...

1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

My wife recently has become very interested in all these serial killer documentaries. I think I may need to hide the hammer and saw...

Wives are stabbers and poisoners mate. Sleep lightly and make your own meals and drinks would be my advice 

2 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I'd be more worried about what you eat. Poison tends to be their preferred choice. 😄

Oops I see JimmyCant has posted just as I was about to 😀

On 13/12/2020 at 11:44, JimmyCant said:

Wives are stabbers and poisoners mate. Sleep lightly and make your own meals and drinks would be my advice 

The Madeline Smith poisoning case was fascinating . Mainly due to the verdict of “ not proven “ . 

Watched the whole first series of Phoenix Nights yesterday, had forgotten how funny it was.

I also watched an episode of the 6 Million Dollar Man for nostalgic reasons. Quite enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Mandalorian season finale :pleasing:

Stay to the end of the credits though.

:yas:

Oh, I better go back and watch. Oops. 

38 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Haha remember I am talking about season 2 🙂

I know.  Great finale, to a fantastic couple of series. And hopefully this next one is as good. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I know.  Great finale, to a fantastic couple of series. And hopefully this next one is as good. 

👍 you must have had a proper binge fest as saw you were still on S1 yesterday.

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

👍 you must have had a proper binge fest as saw you were still on S1 yesterday.

All night. :D

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

All night. :D

@neilnunbI thought the Bill Burr episode was the finale, so I watched it when you posted. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Excellent last episode in The Mandalorian. 

Outstanding

Did you stay around for the extra bit in the end credits?

19 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Outstanding

Did you stay around for the extra bit in the end credits?

Hell yeah. Luckily I saw a tweet from someone mentioning it had to be done. 

Carl Fredrickson

Re the Mandalorian, my 10 year old son was jumping for joy watching the latest episode. Thanks for the heads up Re the end scene after the credits. 

As I have said before, I am not a SW fan by any means but this show is a great watch

North Berwick Jambo
14 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Mandalorian season finale :pleasing:

Stay to the end of the credits though.

Just finished watching it , didn’t see that coming, loved it 😁

I hope they start to expand Star Trek, like they have Star Wars. They've an endless pot of gold with Star Wars, tho I liked the originals, I had never counted myself as a fan. By feck The Mandalorian has made me a fan, tho I'll still struggle with episodes 1, 2 and 3.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I hope they start to expand Star Trek, like they have Star Wars. They've an endless pot of gold with Star Wars, tho I liked the originals, I had never counted myself as a fan. By feck The Mandalorian has made me a fan, tho I'll still struggle with episodes 1, 2 and 3.

My thoughts exactly

Mandalorian

What a great ending to the story
Wrapped things up nicely

:wow:

Spoiler

Mind you, there is still the question of the ownership of the Dark Saber

Another wee thought about The Mandalorian

Spoiler

What if, after the various clues and prompts of the X-wing, the green lightsaber, the black leather gloves and the hooded robe, it was Leia who threw back the hood at the end and not Luke?
A nice wee fake-out and twist at the end, perhaps? Giving Leia The Jedi a showcase.

1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Damn, I hadn't seen anything about an extra but after the credits! Is it worth going back to?!

If you do want to see it...

Spoiler

Basically it was a trailer for a Boba Fett spin off show coming next December

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Ink master. Love it and can't believe I've missed this. 9 seasons to catch up. :yas:

There are more than 9 seasons. Once you’ve done the ones on Amazon the others are on YouTube. And then there are the spin off shows as well. 

Finished “ the undoing “ last night 7/10 it was not too bad . Taking a real liking to Hugh Grant now . Couldn’t stand him years ago when he played all those snooty parts but he is getting more versatile now and was outstanding in the hysterical “ A very British scandal “ and “ Paddington bear 2 “ brilliant 

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Finished “ the undoing “ last night 7/10 it was not too bad . Taking a real liking to Hugh Grant now . Couldn’t stand him years ago when he played all those snooty parts but he is getting more versatile now and was outstanding in the hysterical “ A very British scandal “ and “ Paddington bear 2 “ brilliant 

He's brilliant in The Gentlemen. I had to do a double take. 

19 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Fair shout. He has definitely matured as an actor 

On 15/12/2020 at 10:26, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched the whole first series of Phoenix Nights yesterday, had forgotten how funny it was.

I also watched an episode of the 6 Million Dollar Man for nostalgic reasons. Quite enjoyed it.

I’ve been doing that with The High Chapparal

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's brilliant in The Gentlemen. I had to do a double take. 

Never heard of that . What’s it about 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series