Jump to content
Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

Recommended Posts

Muppetboy

Watching the haunting of bly manor and it’s started very promisingly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
58 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah the very first series was excellent as was freak show. Watch it every year although I’m not sure it’s out soon or not?

Think it is on hold due to CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48

Yeah just checked up on it may begin filming next month

Edited by JamesM48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Currently watching The Mole, a 2 part documentary on iPlayer. About a Danish guy who goes undercover in North Korea for 10 years, befriending powerful people and brokering big-money underground arms deals. Quite scary stuff to think who else they could be making such deals with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beave1874

Watched 5 episodes of Prodigal Son on Sky. Think I'll give up. Started very promising but just getting cheesier every episode. Recently enjoyed Condor and now that the second series of The Boys is complete will tuning into that. Zerzerozero, looks very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Finished S2 of the Boys on Prime. Fantastic viewing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

Enjoying Bly Manor too. 3 episodes in,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
13 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Finished S2 of the Boys on Prime. Fantastic viewing. 

I was genuinely sad when I finished the last episode of S2, it's just the best thing ever IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I was genuinely sad when I finished the last episode of S2, it's just the best thing ever IMO.

 

Me too. Not many shows leave me wanting more, most I can wait for the next series no problem but The Boys has got under my skin. I love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
57 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

Me too. Not many shows leave me wanting more, most I can wait for the next series no problem but The Boys has got under my skin. I love it. 

i'm really looking forward to series 3 with jensen ackles as the main villain solder boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greedy Jambo

The haunting of hill house, bared with it for a good while but ended up giving up, it was all over the place. 

I've noticed that a lot of the netflix own series are like that, must be the same folk making them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Dave
On 11/10/2020 at 18:52, Ray Gin said:

Currently watching The Mole, a 2 part documentary on iPlayer. About a Danish guy who goes undercover in North Korea for 10 years, befriending powerful people and brokering big-money underground arms deals. Quite scary stuff to think who else they could be making such deals with. 

Watched part 1 tonight - Mental!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Supernatural series 15 will be binged quite soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Dave
On 11/10/2020 at 18:52, Ray Gin said:

Currently watching The Mole, a 2 part documentary on iPlayer. About a Danish guy who goes undercover in North Korea for 10 years, befriending powerful people and brokering big-money underground arms deals. Quite scary stuff to think who else they could be making such deals with. 

Watched part 1 tonight - Mental!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I see Dexter is coming back. I know a lot of folk hated the ending but I still loved the show overall.

 

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/dexter-one-of-tvs-best-known-serial-killers-to-return-for-a-new-season-12104373

 

If it allows them to fix what was a ridiculous ending to the original show, good. If it's just to cash in on the show's name and is more of the same of the last season, not so good.

 

I'll watch it as I loved the show's premise and first few seasons, but I'm not holding out great hopes for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
7 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

 

If it allows them to fix what was a ridiculous ending to the original show, good. If it's just to cash in on the show's name and is more of the same of the last season, not so good.

 

I'll watch it as I loved the show's premise and first few seasons, but I'm not holding out great hopes for it.

my thoughts as well, it was great upto and including series 4. it seemed to jump the shark after that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26

Absentia - an FBI agent who has been missing for 6 years is found alive. it centres around finding out what happened to her, dealing with her return and a serial killer on the loose. i have only watched the first series so far (there are 3). All on amazon prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

The haunting of Bly manor, 7/10 . Quite enjoyable ghost story featuring a few of the cast from the haunting of hill house.

mainly a character driven programme, bit of a shortage of genuine scares for me though but immersive none the less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 15:03, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

Me too. Not many shows leave me wanting more, most I can wait for the next series no problem but The Boys has got under my skin. I love it. 

Friday's seem so empty now :cry_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Friday's seem so empty now :cry_smile:

Football tonight will hopefully ease the pain.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Football tonight will hopefully ease the pain.....

Its Hearts so may well add to it. Fingers crossed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

I'd give by Bly Manor a 6 out of 10. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandyman79
On 15/10/2020 at 12:54, Ray Gin said:

 

Original writers (pre season 5) or GTF.

This loved dexter until they changed the writers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd give by Bly Manor a 6 out of 10. 

 

 

That is a very generous score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

 

That is a very generous score. 

Agree. It is. The acting was good. The script was atrocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ted (Theodore) Logan

Apparently the wee girl in bly manor is the girl that does the voice of peppa pig

 

 

If anyone cares lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Just finished first series of The Boys.  Just brilliant. Thanks to this thread and those who recommended it  👍👍

love Elizabeth Shue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Apparently the wee girl in bly manor is the girl that does the voice of peppa pig

 

 

If anyone cares lol

 

Peppa Pig scare me more than Bly Manor.

 

NB the wee lassie was also in Eastenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

New trailer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Roadkill. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
On 15/10/2020 at 11:11, milky_26 said:

my thoughts as well, it was great upto and including series 4. it seemed to jump the shark after that

Should have ended after the trinity killer season with the wonderful John Lithgow.  It deteriorated badly after this and had one of the worse ending of any tv shows ive seen. 

 

Spoiler

only positive was his sister dying. she was an incredibly nippy actress. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

Finished Better Call Saul😭😭😭

Can't wait for series 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppetboy

Ratched, 7/10. Never saw one flew over or read the book so I had no background knowledge whatsoever. Can tell it’s a Ryan Murphy production right away. Having liked American horror story,  it’s obvious his style is evident all throughout the series. Enjoyed it and apparently a second season is in the works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van Wilder

The Exorcist on prime is a great watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weststand93

Forgive me if it's been said, but Titans is getting better and better by each episode.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geomac
On 20/10/2020 at 13:52, ri Alban said:

Roadkill. 👍

 

Agreed 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Binged The Boys S2 over the last couple of days. 

 

Spoiler

Every bit as good as S1 but the "nazi superheroes" was already done on Watchmen and didn't really feel original on the Boys.
Also, The Deep just kind of hung around as if the writers didn't have a clue what to do with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greedy Jambo

Barbarians on Netflix is pretty good if you can be arsed with subtitles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
40 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Barbarians on Netflix is pretty good if you can be arsed with subtitles. 

Good to hear, it popped up in my recommendations yesterday. I’m mad for a bit of Roman Empire nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
On 21/10/2020 at 11:30, Muppetboy said:

Ratched, 7/10. Never saw one flew over or read the book so I had no background knowledge whatsoever. Can tell it’s a Ryan Murphy production right away. Having liked American horror story,  it’s obvious his style is evident all throughout the series. Enjoyed it and apparently a second season is in the works

It’s An insult to the film and the book. Nurse Ratchet was not a “ horror “ character , that’s what made her so scary . A sociopath with a powerful position . Her past was never told in the book or film so Murphy is just making it all up . I love “ American horror story “ and most of Murphys output which is usually high quality . But I’ll probably skip this 

Edited by JamesM48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
On 21/10/2020 at 14:43, Van Wilder said:

The Exorcist on prime is a great watch.

 

Yes that was great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ari Gold

Snowfall - 8/10. Drama set in 80s South LA. Start of the drug epidemic. Focuses on dealers, gangs and CIA/American government involvement. 3 series so far, series 4 on hold due to Covid. 

 

Available on BBC iplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
15 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Snowfall - 8/10. Drama set in 80s South LA. Start of the drug epidemic. Focuses on dealers, gangs and CIA/American government involvement. 3 series so far, series 4 on hold due to Covid. 

 

Available on BBC iplayer

Great show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

Started on Sky Atlantic's new showing, The Outsider. Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Edgar Ramirez all star in it. 

 

First episode is quite intriguing. Set in New York in the winter where Hugh (a doctor) and Nicole (a shrink) are a married couple with a son in an affluent area. The story is set up after Nicole and her school mum chums meet a young mum who joins their fundraising committee. 

 

A bonus bit of muff is viewed on episode 1! 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Started on Sky Atlantic's new showing, The Outsider. Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Edgar Ramirez all star in it. 

 

First episode is quite intriguing. Set in New York in the winter where Hugh (a doctor) and Nicole (a shrink) are a married couple with a son in an affluent area. The story is set up after Nicole and her school mum chums meet a young mum who joins their fundraising committee. 

 

A bonus bit of muff is viewed on episode 1! 👍 

The Undoing not outsider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

The Undoing not outsider

👍 

 

I got side-tracked by the pleasant surprise. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
On 20/10/2020 at 07:28, neilnunb said:

New trailer

 

 

 

I like the look of the trailers on TV but I'm damned if I'm coughing up more money for the Disney Chanel to watch it. Virgin get more than enough from me every month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

New season of The Alienist on Netflix is pretty good if you like a bit of creepy police stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...