Jump to content
Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

Recommended Posts

ri Alban
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Same 

The Sam Jackson sketch. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozi
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i've still got the last series of preacher to watch, dont know when i'll get roound to it.

 

one thing to check out if you liked preacher is outcast staring patrick fugit, it only has 2 series and is from the writer of the walking dead. i felt it was better than preacher and was darker

Outcast was really good, pity it didn't get more than 2 series 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozi
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I liked the first season of Preacher a lot and although it’s a silly story anyway lol I felt it just got overly stupid. I might go back to it though I did enjoy it at first. 

Yeah it's silly but fun and definitely has its tongue firmly in its cheek, too often they are a bit too full of their selves and a bit po-faced so while preacher is silly it's massively watchable 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Sam Jackson sketch. 🤣

 

Oh dear. Episode 3 onwards and it's not as good. Hasn't kept up the same quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Oh dear. Episode 3 onwards and it's not as good. Hasn't kept up the same quality

I seen up to 4. I've 2 to go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I seen up to 4. I've 2 to go 

 

Onto Black Books now. Now that's comedy, a great add by Netflix 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Onto Black Books now. Now that's comedy, a great add by Netflix 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jim747
On 03/09/2020 at 17:21, Pans Jambo said:

Kobra Kai. Enjoyed it. Netflix.

35 years after the films. Same people. Daniel is a complete "Richard Head" and the real victim (Johnny) life is in the shitter.

Their lives collide again and the whole rivalry "kicks off" (to an extent).

80's cheesefest but I grew up then so it's good. Some genuinely funny moments in it and its got a fair bit of karate action.

Binge watched season 1 over the weekend, and first 3 episodes of season 2 last night, really enjoying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Just started series 3 of this, excellent French drama.

The Bureau": Season 1 Review | Foreign Crime Drama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut

5 episodes into Mr. Mercedes.

 

Great so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bleedsmaroon

Started Kingdom, not bad so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Just finished Season 2 of The Bridge on iPlayer. Superb. Enjoying this just as much second time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Started watching a show on Amazon Prime called Cruising The Cut. A guy has bought a narrow boat and filmed his travels round canals and rivers in England. It is crap, he is very annoying , very amatuer production but I am hooked on it. I dont know what it is about it (maybe hoping his boat sinks) but I have watched a season and a half so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

Watched both series of the Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive on Netflix.

I'm not a great fan of F1 but found this interesting and enjoyable. I think it helped that I had no clue who won what race or what drivers did what.

Edited by jambopilms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Watched both series of the Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive on Netflix.

I'm not a great fan of F1 but found this interesting and enjoyable. I think it helped that I had no clue who won what race or what drivers did what.

It’s worth it just for the Haas team manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
On 27/08/2020 at 23:29, 1971fozzy said:

The Fall - what a brilliant series. Up there with Line of Duty. Gripping stuff and has Gillian Anderson in it which is a bonus

I'm just about to start the 3rd series, decent watch but not half stretched out, I said to the wife as we got near the end of the first series that it must be a different case for each series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimKongUno

Another shout for cobra kai. The 1st reboot of an 80 thing that hasn't shit all over the original or been turned into some woke agenda driven pish. Its pretty damn good so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

Breaking Bad.

Just started watching it, fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
On 01/09/2020 at 14:20, ri Alban said:

Edward Longshanks and Captain Kirk are fantastic baddies. 

Hi mate , I wondered who you meant by “‘Edward longshanks “ then I put two and two together a la Columbo ! Noted your user name and hey it’s Patrick M c Goohan , “ Braveheart “ . 😂 just watched brilliant episode with him as the villain where he was a spin doctor for a senator . Also watched the episode with Shatner , the best so far . Shatner hamming it up as per usual ! Brilliant 😆 oh and one last thing I love how the villains get more and exsabarated  by Columbo and his endless hounding if them 😂superb tv. They show about 4 episodes each Sunday on 5 USA channel if you have the channel  it bud 👍

Edited by JamesM48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi mate , I wondered who you meant by “‘Edward longshanks “ then I put two and two together a la Columbo ! Noted your user name and hey it’s Patrick M c Goohan , “ Braveheart “ . 😂 just watched brilliant episode with him as the villain where he was a spin doctor for a senator . Also watched the episode with Shatner , the best so far . Shatner hamming it up as per usual ! Brilliant 😆 oh and one last thing I love how the villains get more and exsabarated  by Columbo and his endless hounding if them 😂superb tv. They show about 4 episodes each Sunday on 5 USA channel if you have the channel  it bud 👍

I love Columbo, but if I put it on again, I think the wife will kill me. :D

Patrick is absolutely brilliant. In it more than once(Episodes) , if I remember correctly.  And Bill, what can you say. :D

 

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock) , that he is. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi mate , I wondered who you meant by “‘Edward longshanks “ then I put two and two together a la Columbo ! Noted your user name and hey it’s Patrick M c Goohan , “ Braveheart “ . 😂 just watched brilliant episode with him as the villain where he was a spin doctor for a senator . Also watched the episode with Shatner , the best so far . Shatner hamming it up as per usual ! Brilliant 😆 oh and one last thing I love how the villains get more and exsabarated  by Columbo and his endless hounding if them 😂superb tv. They show about 4 episodes each Sunday on 5 USA channel if you have the channel  it bud 👍

I love Columbo, but if I put it on again, I think the wife will kill me. :D

Patrick is absolutely brilliant. In it more than once(Episodes) , if I remember correctly.  And Bill, what can you say. :D

 

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock :)) , that he is. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy

Just started Wayward Pines, know nothing about it but I do like Matt Dillon so will give it a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

 

 

 

:shockio: :robboyas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

 


that looks outstanding. Can’t wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I love Columbo, but if I put it on again, I think the wife will kill me. :D

Patrick is absolutely brilliant. In it more than once(Episodes) , if I remember correctly.  And Bill, what can you say. :D

 

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock :)) , that he is. 👍

Yes Mcgoohan was a terrific actor.  He also directed a few episodes too and was a good friend of Peter Falk. He appeared 4 times as  the murderer.   " Agenda for murder" with Mcgoohan was his last one. He won and Emmy for his brilliant performance.  I havent seen "  "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine""  yet and I think you mean " Murder, Smoke and Shadows"  with Fisher Stevens who played a murderous director ?  Anyway most are of a very high standard.  Never seen the Spock episode yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Mcgoohan was a terrific actor.  He also directed a few episodes too and was a good friend of Peter Falk. He appeared 4 times as  the murderer.   " Agenda for murder" with Mcgoohan was his last one. He won and Emmy for his brilliant performance.  I havent seen "  "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine""  yet and I think you mean " Murder, Smoke and Shadows"  with Fisher Stevens who played a murderous director ?  Anyway most are of a very high standard.  Never seen the Spock episode yet. 

Double exposure is the other episode, bud. Brilliant! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Double exposure is the other episode, bud. Brilliant! 

I check that out in due course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown

ITV 9pm this week mon-wed.

Des

Drama in 80s serial killer Denis Nilsen. Brilliant stuff.

David Tenant has been outstanding as Nilsen.

 

A must watch, will be on ITV/STV player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
38 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

ITV 9pm this week mon-wed.

Des

Drama in 80s serial killer Denis Nilsen. Brilliant stuff.

David Tenant has been outstanding as Nilsen.

 

A must watch, will be on ITV/STV player.

 

Was coming on to post similar. Tenant is a great TV actor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
33 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

ITV 9pm this week mon-wed.

Des

Drama in 80s serial killer Denis Nilsen. Brilliant stuff.

David Tenant has been outstanding as Nilsen.

 

A must watch, will be on ITV/STV player.

Thanks for the info, TB.   

 

Did you see the  documentary about Nilsen last week. Part of these "Britain's Most Notorious Killers"  programs.    It contained a very weird interview back in the 80s with his Scottish mum - she blamed everyone and everything for his actions, but not him.   One of the other contributors (ex-cop or ex-journo, can;t remember) revealed that as a youngster, he doted on his grandad.  One day his mum said "let's go visit grandad" and led him to the room where he lay in his open coffin.     The psychologists reckon that was a fundamental reason for how his  warped and eventually murderous personality developed.    A basic linking of  "love"  with death.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Maybe I’m getting nostalgic but I’m enjoying the remakes of All Creatures Great And Small on ch5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks for the info, TB.   

 

Did you see the  documentary about Nilsen last week. Part of these "Britain's Most Notorious Killers"  programs.    It contained a very weird interview back in the 80s with his Scottish mum - she blamed everyone and everything for his actions, but not him.   One of the other contributors (ex-cop or ex-journo, can;t remember) revealed that as a youngster, he doted on his grandad.  One day his mum said "let's go visit grandad" and led him to the room where he lay in his open coffin.     The psychologists reckon that was a fundamental reason for how his  warped and eventually murderous personality developed.    A basic linking of  "love"  with death.     

The grandad story was a big part of tonight's episode.

I said to my missus last night that Tenant has him bang on. I remember a program from well back interviewing him, so glib.

I'll need to see your documentary, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The grandad story was a big part of tonight's episode.

I said to my missus last night that Tenant has him bang on. I remember a program from well back interviewing him, so glib.

I'll need to see your documentary, thanks.

A friend from Fraserburgh was singing his praises for getting the accent bang on even the subtleties from a normal Doric accent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe I’m getting nostalgic but I’m enjoying the remakes of All Creatures Great And Small on ch5. 

 

Grew up watching the original and got the DVD box set a couple of years ago. Must make time to watch them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker

Anyone else watching (or already watched) Hunting Hitler  (Amazon Prime..... and  on QUEST as well I think) ?    I'm on episode 5  of season 1.    Fascinating stuff, although I'm not sure if some of these "finds" might just be  co-incidence or unrelated.   At least it seems to debunk the "suicide pill in the bunker" version of  things.     I remember first hearing about the possibility in a documentary many decades ago, which told of the determined push by the Russian army to get to Berlin before the Allies. When the  bunker was found by the Allies without Hitler and his new wife inside, they assumed the Russians had taken the bodies away as a propaganda trophy to show their public.         As the saying goes, truth is the first casualty of war. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe I’m getting nostalgic but I’m enjoying the remakes of All Creatures Great And Small on ch5. 

Haven't watched it yet, but heard it was being shown.   Sounds like C5 may have made the decision on the back of the big viewing figures for Yorkshire Vet, which features Peter Wright who was one of the junior vets in James Herriot's practice.   (James Herriot being the pen-name of Scots vet Alf Wight when he moved to Thirsk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe I’m getting nostalgic but I’m enjoying the remakes of All Creatures Great And Small on ch5. 

Me too, thought it would be shit but it's definitely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Maybe I’m getting nostalgic but I’m enjoying the remakes of All Creatures Great And Small on ch5. 

Didn't watch the original, but enjoy this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

David Tennant is absolutely bloody fantastic. But please stop being a baddie, David. Thanks! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JWL
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

David Tennant is absolutely bloody fantastic. But please stop being a baddie, David. Thanks! 👍

 

You seen 'Secret Smile'? He's in that and isn't very nice in it either. Decent 3 or 4 part thriller mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, JWL said:

 

You seen 'Secret Smile'? He's in that and isn't very nice in it either. Decent 3 or 4 part thriller mind.

I'll have a look. 👍 He was quite evil in the crime UK thingy on Netflix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

Meat Eater.

On Netflix, shooting, fishing and cooking from the good ol' U Sof A!!!

Great scenery, great recipes and sustainable gathering of wild food, I love this side of America. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carl Fredrickson

Challenger on Netflix. A doc about the space shuttle that exploded in 1986. A hard watch at times with lots of video of the team before they went on the shuttle. 

 

I am not a "space" fan but the human story fascinated me and it was a disgrace that NASA tried to cover the cause up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Just started designated survivor on Netflix. Good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
On 15/09/2020 at 22:34, Lone Striker said:

Anyone else watching (or already watched) Hunting Hitler  (Amazon Prime..... and  on QUEST as well I think) ?    I'm on episode 5  of season 1.    Fascinating stuff, although I'm not sure if some of these "finds" might just be  co-incidence or unrelated.   At least it seems to debunk the "suicide pill in the bunker" version of  things.     I remember first hearing about the possibility in a documentary many decades ago, which told of the determined push by the Russian army to get to Berlin before the Allies. When the  bunker was found by the Allies without Hitler and his new wife inside, they assumed the Russians had taken the bodies away as a propaganda trophy to show their public.         As the saying goes, truth is the first casualty of war. 

 

It was quite interesting if you watch it thinking about what might have happened, but it is ultimately bulls***. He definitely died in the bunker. 100%

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Criminal United Kingdom. Top notch acting once again. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Another crazy episode of The Boys tonight. 

Spoiler

Including the classic line ‘don’t be a pussy laser my tits’ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
On 18/09/2020 at 16:56, ri Alban said:

Criminal United Kingdom. Top notch acting once again. 👍


Just came on to post this it’s very good tv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Just started watching Ratched on Netflix. Its a little bit weird but does hook you in pretty quickly.

 

Based on Nurse Ratched from one flew over the cuckoos nest.

 

Wee bit graphic at some points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...