Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Watches orange is the new black with the other half. Would recommend it. Gets quite funny the further you go through it.

quite a lot of lesbian sex too.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson

Near the end of Series 2 of Utopia and quite enjoying it. One more episode to go but I fear they may drag it out like Lost.

Also started watching Fargo which I am really enjoying.

Cheers will get that changed to Monday's after I record the 3rd episode on Sunday.

It just gets better & better!!

Going to start Ray Donovan tomorrow. Few days off to set about it.

Was a bit unsure after season 1 but season 2 gets better and better with last nights episode being the best yet imho

Started to watch Turn. It is about Washington's spies.

In 1776 and 1777, a Setauket, New York farmer and his childhood friends form an unlikely group of spies, called the Culper Ring, aka Culpepper Ring, who eventually help turn the tide during the American Revolutionary War.[1] The series begins in October 1776, shortly after British victories recaptured Long Island, Staten Island, and New York City for the Crown and left General George Washington's army in desperate straits.

According to the first episode's introductory card titles: "Autumn 1776. Insurgents have declared war against the Crown. Following a successful naval landing, His Majesty's Army has forced Washington's rebels into the wilderness. New York City serves as military base of operations for the British. The Loyalists of nearby Long Island keep vigilant watch out for sympathizers, and spies."

It is pretty good and I am enjoying it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543328/

Everybody loves Baz

Started the West Wing from scratch again on Monday.

On S01 E20 already and still as good second time round.

Only another 122 episodes to go :-)

Carl Fredrickson

I love the West Wing. Possibly my favourite of all time.

The Mrs and I finished Utopia last night and as much as I enjoyed it, I fear it is going to drag on and on and on

2 episodes of Fargo to go and I am loving it.

Generation Kill. Re watching this really good show. Finished Season 2 of Da Vincis demons its good will be watching Season 5 & 6 of the Sopranos next week when im off.

Fargo & Utopia both very enjoyable. Agree with a few posts back re Utopia.

True Detective up next for me.

Just finished True Detective and the acting is outstandingly good overall though probably an 8/10 at most for me,not quite up there with the very best tv shows.

First two are brilliant now watch it become total farcical.It should have had an ending at 2.

Season 3 was really daft. Enjoying season 4 so far though.

Amazon having a pilot season 5 shows. The cosmopolitans a comedy set in Paris set around 3 American twenty somethings and an

Italian. its ok

Red Oaks a comedy set in the 80s in a country club. Its also ok

Really. another comedy set around 3 married couples with Selma Blair and Sarah Chalke also ok nothing special.

Hysteria. A thriller about a haunted young doctor who is summoned back to her home town to investigate an epidemic that may be linked to social media and her own tragic past. not watched yet.

Hand of god starring Ron Perlman a psychological drama about a morally corrupt judge who suffers a breakdown and believes god is compelling him onto a path of vigilante justice. Just about to watch.

Carl Fredrickson

Currently have 2 shows on the go:

True Detective & The Killing season 4

Enjoying both - a lot of good acting in them.

True Detective we are about half way through and I am still stumped as to why 2 cops would be interviewed 17 years after a crime.

The Killing (US version) is amazing. Will be sad to see it end but will probably try the original version

Does anyone know when the new series of Lillyhammer is out? Watched it for a second time with the Mrs and it is one of my all time favourite shows.

Now starting series 3 of Breaking Bad.

Is this really what all the fuss was about? Tonnes of episodes were they "cook" and the wife bint gets upset. :cornette:

I await everyone assuring me how amazing it gets. well I'm more than 2/3's through the show and it's average so far. The amount of yelling the two lead characters do at each other and Aaron Paul's "YOOOOOO, ARE YOU FOR REAL" patter is grating as feck.

Admittedly the lead character is well written and the actor does a very good job. I also like how they pull together really current themes in the US (e.g the price of medical care, Crystal meth, Mexican immigration and the border drug deals)

Edited by scott_jambo

Lilyhammer should be back before Christmas.

Will that be Season 3 (they were filming it when I was in Lilyhammer a couple of months back)? Season 2 is only on Netflix and hasnt got a date to be shown on BBC 4 or A.N.Other.

Saw a trailer today on US TV for Homeland s4. Sol was being interviewed but didn't give much away. Some of it was filmed in Cape Town, and a lot will feature Carrie and the sprog.

I think maybe another show with a couple of series too far.

Saw a trailer today on US TV for Homeland s4. Sol was being interviewed but didn't give much away. Some of it was filmed in Cape Town, and a lot will feature Carrie and the sprog.

I think maybe another show with a couple of series too far.

When does it start?

October sometime.

Excellent. Sons of Anarchy and Boardwalk Empire to keep me going until then.

Have also started watching Outlander. It's OK so far, but certainly no "new Game of Thrones", as I've seen suggested.

Will that be Season 3 (they were filming it when I was in Lilyhammer a couple of months back)? Season 2 is only on Netflix and hasnt got a date to be shown on BBC 4 or A.N.Other.

Yeah Season 3 never knew it was on BBC 4 as I watched it on Netflix.

Now starting series 3 of Breaking Bad.

Is this really what all the fuss was about? Tonnes of episodes were they "cook" and the wife bint gets upset. :cornette:

I await everyone assuring me how amazing it gets. well I'm more than 2/3's through the show and it's average so far. The amount of yelling the two lead characters do at each other and Aaron Paul's "YOOOOOO, ARE YOU FOR REAL" patter is grating as feck.

Admittedly the lead character is well written and the actor does a very good job. I also like how they pull together really current themes in the US (e.g the price of medical care, Crystal meth, Mexican immigration and the border drug deals)

Nah man, you've pretty much got the gist.

It's crap, it's slow, and it's just not as good as the "BEST SERIES EVARRRR" crew will no doubt tell you.

Yeah Season 3 never knew it was on BBC 4 as I watched it on Netflix.

1st series was on BBC 4. Netflix then made it exclusive (unless in Norway). Season 2 hasnt even made it to DVD.

It's crap, it's slow, and it's just not as good as the "BEST SERIES EVARRRR" crew will no doubt tell you.

I watched it all the way through (and thought the finale was excellent and wrapped it up nicely) however I do agree to an extent. I enjoyed it for the most part tbh however there were certainly times it dragged a bit and I found my attention wandering (a lot of Skylar's scenes). As I said I enjoyed it and I would recommend sticking with it because the last 2 series are better but I certainly think it's overrated.

Anyone watched the Leftovers ?

Watched up to episode 7 and I still dont know where its going..

Finale Sunday night.been renewed for season two so can't see much explanation being forthcoming. Outstanding show, opening credits and music creepy as hell

Finale Sunday night.been renewed for season two so can't see much explanation being forthcoming. Outstanding show, opening credits and music creepy as hell

Just watched episode 9 so up to date. The episode the woods with the GR woman is a bit graphic (I'm sure you know the one I mean without giving anything away). It is from the makers of lost so I dont think I will ever understand what is fully going on.

Just watched episode 9 so up to date. The episode the woods with the GR woman is a bit graphic (I'm sure you know the one I mean without giving anything away). It is from the makers of lost so I dont think I will ever understand what is fully going on.

Exactly. Frustrating when you can't fathom where the storyline is going. Compelling too though. The episode about the day before the departure was excellent

Watched a bit of Deadwood. I like when it's just about the day-to-day goings on of the camp, but overall the message/theme of the show is a bit pretentious/full of itself for me.

mulleted_jambo

Half way through season 4 of the Killing and a big fan of it. Would highly recommend it. Smashed through them all in about two weeks. Lots of cliffhangers that make you want to watch the next episode and clever storylines.

mulleted_jambo

Each to their own, not everyone will like the same things.

The fact the majority of people loved it probably suggests its a good show.

Each to their own, not everyone will like the same things.

The fact the majority of people loved it probably suggests its a good show.

I don't think anyone doubts it's a good show.

It's just not as good as made out.

Half way through season 4 of the Killing and a big fan of it. Would highly recommend it. Smashed through them all in about two weeks. Lots of cliffhangers that make you want to watch the next episode and clever storylines.

Season 4 was excellent. Shame there no more to come

watching Fargo now to.

However, has anyone seen the strain?

Strain is excellent. Good effects and a decent storyline. Not really character driven but very entertaining

Season 4 was excellent. Shame there no more to come

The ending to Season 4 was horrifically cheesey.

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons but thought 4 was a bit crap tbh.

The ending to Season 4 was horrifically cheesey.

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons but thought 4 was a bit crap tbh.

Think it was crammed too much because the network allowed only 6 episodes. You're right though, the end was sentimental and cheesy. I'm glad it turned out like that though

Here is a list of everything I watch and have on my hard drives.

If anyone is interested I am sure I could upload them.

znuhp1.jpg

You might need to download it then zoom in or zoom in from your browser to read it. :)

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series