Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

JudyJudyJudy
On 11/06/2022 at 07:00, Disser Pointon said:

This is us. Just finished the last season, won't be everyone's cup of tea but it really was an amazing series. 9/10

I watched the first two seasons but got bored / irritated with the constant time shifts so sacked it.  It is pretty good but just didnt hold my interest 

On 10/06/2022 at 23:24, milky_26 said:

just been renewed for season 4

I just cant get into it. IM trying as it reminds me of that film with Ryan Reynolds..." Deadpool" 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

The Lazarus Project, a time travel thriller on Sky Max. It's decent viewing, and quite a bit more character driven than other similar time travel shows that have gone before. I found the main character's actions a bit annoying, due to the depths of what he goes to to "reset" a tragedy in his life, but I suppose that's also the moral question of time travel, what would you do and to who to fix something in your life if you had the chance. There are a few gaping plot holes and unrealistic actions, which seems to always be the case with time travel shows, but I quite enjoyed it and hopefully there'll be a second season to continue the story (warning, it does end on a cliffhanger).

7.5/10 overall

I love anything related to time travel in films or tv as i find it a fascinating subject. Ill need to hunt this down. Most of the issues related to time travel have been done before in films or tv but still worthwhile watching.  One of my all time favourite films is "Peggy sue got married" where Kathleen Turner goes back to her prom night and has to decide whether to stick with her layabout husband or ditch him . However this would clearly change her life and children's.  Its a great twist on the usual sci fi convention of these films as its more a romantic and emotional story and whacky comedy supplied by Nicolas Cage. 

15 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

The Lazarus Project, a time travel thriller on Sky Max. It's decent viewing, and quite a bit more character driven than other similar time travel shows that have gone before. I found the main character's actions a bit annoying, due to the depths of what he goes to to "reset" a tragedy in his life, but I suppose that's also the moral question of time travel, what would you do and to who to fix something in your life if you had the chance. There are a few gaping plot holes and unrealistic actions, which seems to always be the case with time travel shows, but I quite enjoyed it and hopefully there'll be a second season to continue the story (warning, it does end on a cliffhanger).

7.5/10 overall

you should have put that in a spoiler tag

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

you should have put that in a spoiler tag

Maybe in hindsight, re the main character, but I didn't go into much detail, so I considered it only a little spoiler...ish. 

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Paris Police 1900 on iplayer 

Yes I really enjoyed that 👍

JudyJudyJudy

“ The hunt for a killer “ on iPlayer . Really good 6 part drama about the hunt for a killer of a child and a few other victims . It’s a Swedish drama . 

ToadKiller Dog

Bitter daisies 2 series made so far ,Spanish, galatian drama on netflix ,

Crime/sort of revenge drama with plenty twists and original ideas for the genre. 

If you speak Spanish or good with subtitles worth a watch more so the 2nd series .

Enjoyed it 

21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Stranger Things.

Decent or for kids or both ?

Bit gory for weans

Most 80's references will go over their heads too

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bit gory for weans

Most 80's references will go over their heads too

Is it worth watching ?

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is it worth watching ?

The usual formula with most shows now. A mixed bag of seasons. 
1st excellent

2nd a bit meh after the 1st but not bad as such

3rd back on form

4th good so far. 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The Boys continues to be the best thing on television.

Kimiko is just adorable despite her ability to murder people by slamming dildos through their skulls. :lol: :wub: 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The Boys continues to be the best thing on television.

We started series 3 last night, how they get away with some of it😳🤣

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

We started series 3 last night, how they get away with some of it😳🤣

I've not seen today's yet but the producers/ writers etc are shocked they were allowed to make/air it

Myself and Mrs tjambo have just finished watching The Lazarus Project. 
A good watch I have to say. Not brilliant but it ticks along nicely.

Worth a watch.

Our Father on Netflix.
Crikey, story about how a fertility doctor used his own sperm on countless patients who then had children. Obviously they thought it was legit donors but this sicko illegally (you’d think, but not in this US state) biologically fathered at least 91 children in a 25 mile radius. Horrendous. This shows the story and the feked up legal system in the US.  Those poor folk, it’s destroyed so many lives. A very hard watch. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Myself and Mrs tjambo have just finished watching The Lazarus Project. 
A good watch I have to say. Not brilliant but it ticks along nicely.

Worth a watch.

thanks. On our next to watch pile

24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just watched the Herogasm episode of The Boys. Wow. Just, wow. 

:lol:

I was eating my tea when I watched it. 
Felt sorry for Mother’s Milk 😀

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I was eating my tea when I watched it. 
Felt sorry for Mother’s Milk 😀

Took quite a pasting. :lol:

Managed to totally miss Season 3 of Snowpiercer.

Catching up on it now and it remains a decent thriller with the silliest premise you can imagine;

Ecological disaster leads to the world freezing over and the only survivors are people on board a giant, almost self-sufficient 1,000 car-long train built by an evil but eccentric genius billionaire.

Lots of class war, backstabbing, switches of loyalty and violence.

You don't know me, was BBC now on Netflix.

Decent bloke gets dragged into drugs and crime because of his girlfriends past.

Really good 8/10

I started watching The Boys when it first came out with the wife.Watched first to episodes and as usual she stopped watching it and I got side tracked watching something else.After reading this thread I have now binged the first season and half the 2nd since Saturday.

The Boyd, The Orville and For All Mankind all with superb episodes this week.

Oh, and Stranger Things too.

The Golden Age of TV shows no signs of stopping.

:wow:

Turkishcap

Used to think pinhead from Hellraiser was a total c but Vecna from Stranger Things is running him close.

JudyJudyJudy

Re watched “ Cracker “ again . Still holds up well despite being 25 years old .

Can’t believe the smoking of smoking in it , pubs , cop shops , etc . 

The stand up episodes for me was 

“ Best boys “ Where Liam Cunningham and John Simm played a repressed gay couple on a murder spree . It really was ahead of its time with its sensitive study  of a gay couple , albeit very dysfunctional .

I recall when it was first on , remarking that John Simm was an actor to look out for . He had  a future . The other episodes with Robert Carlyle as the skin headed Hillborough survivor were also excellent .  “ to be a somebody “ 

I liked the mix of psychology and police procedure now overdone in dramas but at the time was quite unique . Robbie Coltrane was terrific as Fitz 

The puppet master on Netflix. 
a 3 parter docu series about some con man who led victims to believe he was MI5 agent. Couldn’t write what happened. Sadly.  Gripping stuff though. 

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

The puppet master on Netflix. 
a 3 parter docu series about some con man who led victims to believe he was MI5 agent. Couldn’t write what happened. Sadly.  Gripping stuff though. 

Pure trivia BUT an old school pal of mine acted in the re-enactments they filmed. The school we were at was in Penzance in Cornwall and now we're both in W Lothian. Sadly he is a Hibee 😞

31 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Pure trivia BUT an old school pal of mine acted in the re-enactments they filmed. The school we were at was in Penzance in Cornwall and now we're both in W Lothian. Sadly he is a Hibee 😞

wow that’s great. It was done really well and if you can you should watch it if you haven’t already

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

wow that’s great. It was done really well and if you can you should watch it if you haven’t already

I watched it when it came out as he was talking about it on FB during filming and when it was released. It's definitely worth a watch. He's done acting in local amateur dramatics but has got a couple of filmed parts more recently. A new career turning 60 🙂

Documentary over 4 parts on iPlayer celebrating 50 years of the Rolling Stones. One episode about the main members with interviews. I’m not sure if the Charlie one has any interviews that were before his death or archive material only. 

That last episode of The Boys was utterly superb. Friday nights finale will be awesome.

don’t think I will ever eat octopus though 🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That last episode of The Boys was utterly superb. Friday nights finale will be awesome.

don’t think I will ever eat octopus though 🤣🤣

Left the question though, is a butcher a West Ham or Charlton fan as both clubs were above his bed. 

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Left the question though, is a butcher a West Ham or Charlton fan as both clubs were above his bed. 

Saw that. Charlton 👍🤣

Tommy Brown

When They See Us (Netflix)

Miscarriage of justice story from Harlem in 1989.

Totally transfixed by it. You would mock the story if it was a fictional write. 

Five youths fitted up by NYPD.

Probably already been on here as it was released in 2019.

A must watch.

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

When They See Us (Netflix)

Miscarriage of justice story from Harlem in 1989.

Totally transfixed by it. You would mock the story if it was a fictional write. 

Five youths fitted up by NYPD.

Probably already been on here as it was released in 2019.

A must watch.

That's a good shout Tommy. I did watch it when it came out and it stays with me that Trump took out a full page advert calling for their death penalty and even with their acquital and subsequent admission by the guilty party he won't admit he was wrong.

Disser Pointon

Outer Range on Amazon with Josh Brolin. Bit of an odd story but has my interest still at 4 episodes in.

Season 3 of The Boys has been spectacular. When I was reading the previews a few months before it released, the producers promised a scene to top the whale scene from season 2. Safe to say they managed that within the first 10 mins of the new season. Is it just me, or does the girl who plays Starlight look like she has had a lot of plastic surgery done since season 1?

Not really been interested with West World since the end of season 2, but might need to give season 3 and 4 a watch. 

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Season 3 of The Boys has been spectacular. When I was reading the previews a few months before it released, the producers promised a scene to top the whale scene from season 2. Safe to say they managed that within the first 10 mins of the new season. Is it just me, or does the girl who plays Starlight look like she has had a lot of plastic surgery done since season 1?

Not really been interested with West World since the end of season 2, but might need to give season 3 and 4 a watch. 

Got older and thinner.Really looks like she starves herself to try and keep herself looking how she did in season 1 but aye it's not really working.

Agree though it's been absolutely brilliant.

Edited by vegas-voss

John Findlay

Boys from the Blackstuff written by Alan Bleasdale and first aired in 1982 is being repeated on BBC4. Bernard Hill as Yosser Hughes, is tremendous, one of the best characters for television ever created.

Edited by John Findlay

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series