Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

luckyBatistuta

On season 2 of Ted Lasso. Might not be for everyone, but I’m loving it. Can’t beat a bit of harmless stupid humour.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, Cade said:

This looks not bad

It does look good. 

Edited by JamesM48

On 02/05/2022 at 15:39, 1953 said:

Started watching the last 7 episodes of Ozark on netflix last night. On one hand I want to rattle through them but on the other hand I want to string them out as I don't think there will be any more. 4 excellent series which are highly recommended.

Cheers, didn't realise they were now available. 👍

Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. It’s the follow up to Bosch following on from the last series and his new work as a private investigator. It’s on the new Freevee channel so free with adverts. 
Pretty good so far but only seems to be 4 episodes. 

PortyJambo
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bosch Legacy on Amazon Prime. It’s the follow up to Bosch following on from the last series and his new work as a private investigator. It’s on the new Freevee channel so free with adverts. 
Pretty good so far but only seems to be 4 episodes. 

I read somewhere that they were releasing 4 episodes the first week, then will release 2 a week for the next 3 weeks, so will be 10 episodes in total.

4 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I read somewhere that they were releasing 4 episodes the first week, then will release 2 a week for the next 3 weeks, so will be 10 episodes in total.

That’s good news. 

jack D and coke
On 10/05/2022 at 07:45, Disser Pointon said:

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

Oh no…I’m on ep9 I’m enjoying atm 😬

Really disappointing final season of Ozark, last episode especially, very meh unfortunately.

I enjoyed the last season but I get your point about the last episode, but, that the difficult thing about finishing a series like Ozark, whatever happened it wouldn't please everyone. How would you finish it?

Can't agree with this, I thoroughly enjoyed it, start to finish.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Ozark finished well imo.
Best thing I’ve watched since Breaking Bad. 

I might try give that a go again. I watched the first season but it didnt catch my attention really but lots of praise on this for the followings series 

Pans Jambo

Watching “Start up” on Netflix. About a girl trying to get a crypto currency started up in Florida. Gets quickly wrapped in in corrupt FBI, Hatian gamgsters & Russian Mafia. Really good. 

On 16/05/2022 at 17:52, ri Alban said:

The Lincoln lawyer. Loved it, very good.

Is it a drama with comedy or is it serious

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Good I’ll give it a watch.

Have you seen the film? With Matthew McConaughey.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have you seen the film? With Matthew McConaughey.

Nah I’ve not is it worth it to watch first ?

18 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It's pretty good.

Jambo_jim2001

Married with children on Pluto TV...an oldie,still funny and forgot how hot Christina Applegate was/is

PortyJambo
20 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

You don't need to watch the Matthew McConaughey film first to watch this, it's really a reboot as a TV series.

I enjoyed the show, maybe not as much as the show based on author Michael Connelly's other main character, Bosch, but it was still a good watch. Hopefully it gets a 2nd season, but there isn't really a cliffhanger at the end, so can be watched even if it doesn't get renewed by Netflix.

Malinga the Swinga

If you don't mind subtitles, then Spiral on iPlayer worth a watch. French police series with individual stories each episode while each season has a main story running though it.

Not quite as good as The Killing, Danish version, which is best TV I've seen for years, but then nothing is. Season 2 is just brilliant.

Spiral and The Killing are superb.

The Bridge is also a must-watch.

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you don't mind subtitles, then Spiral on iPlayer worth a watch. French police series with individual stories each episode while each season has a main story running though it.

Not quite as good as The Killing, Danish version, which is best TV I've seen for years, but then nothing is. Season 2 is just brilliant.

I don't mind them at all. Started to watch " Clark" on Netflix about the Swedish bank robber. Clark Olofosson was also an attempted murderer who became almost a folk hero in Sweden. A celebrity gangster.   His robbing of one bank led to the term Stockholm syndrome as he was  so charismatic his victims feel for him,. Just watched the first episode but its excellent  , also very funny and very bawdy, Looking forward to the rest of it. 

jambopilms

Finished Ozark, excellent series.

I would have preferred who died and who survived to be flipped but it does leave it open in the future to make a return.

Love on the Spectrum USA (Netflix)

love it. Some lovely stories and just brilliant people. Some proper laughs as well. Superb and very well done

luckyBatistuta
On 18/05/2022 at 06:59, Pans Jambo said:

Watching “Start up” on Netflix. About a girl trying to get a crypto currency started up in Florida. Gets quickly wrapped in in corrupt FBI, Hatian gamgsters & Russian Mafia. Really good. 

That’s a cracking tv series, watched it a few years back and have always hoped they would bring out a new series☹️

Carl Fredrickson

Spent evening over the last few months watching a few shows with my son. Introduced him to Still Game which he loved. Followed this up with Chewin The Fat - he has introduced a few catchphrases to his pals. Just finished S1 of the Office USA. 

He is loving it and is enjoying getting to watch more grown up shows with me. 

Disser Pointon
On 26/05/2022 at 20:42, neilnunb said:

Teaser trailer for the upcoming Willow tv series

Looks good, what's the release date?

Could anybody sum up Better Call Saul in a sentence or two please?

I've watched 57 hours and still not fully sure what's going on.

John Findlay

Just finished watching all 10 episodes of the Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Thought it was very good, and better than the film, the film was very decent.

JudyJudyJudy

A sterling cast Elisabeth Moss and Jamie Bell however its quite disappointing. Its a bizarre time travel serial killer plot which is hard to follow. Ill stick with it to the conclusion though as its not that bad enough to stop watching if that makes sense

PortyJambo
8 hours ago, Cade said:

Can't wait. One of my favourite shows at the moment, and hope they keep it going for another series or two...as long as they don't drag it out too far. 

On 28/05/2022 at 23:30, Cal_ said:

Could anybody sum up Better Call Saul in a sentence or two please?

I've watched 57 hours and still not fully sure what's going on.

Have you watched Breaking Bad?

Saul Goodman appears as a the sleazy lawyer/ barely legal fixer of choice. The whole of Better Call Saul shows how Jimmy McGill metamorphosed into Saul Goodman, feeds into the Breaking Bad story line and gives other backstory to Breaking Bad characters. BCS also includes the forward story for Saul Goodman post Breaking Bad. It's trying to do a lot!

As the final BCS series releases I have gone back to re-watch Breaking Bad. I'd give the nod to BCS as the better series but both series are top drawer.

On 29/05/2022 at 20:30, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Stranger things on netflix 😎😎

:scenes: 

Last two parts out on 1st July 
5 week wait

:what:

Edited by Cade

34 minutes ago, Cade said:

5 week wait

Rumours that at least one will be feature film length. 

Jambo_jim2001
18 hours ago, Cade said:

5 week wait

🤬 Suppose it gives me time to binge watch from the first series 🤔

On 30/05/2022 at 15:50, RobboM said:

Have you watched Breaking Bad?

Saul Goodman appears as a the sleazy lawyer/ barely legal fixer of choice. The whole of Better Call Saul shows how Jimmy McGill metamorphosed into Saul Goodman, feeds into the Breaking Bad story line and gives other backstory to Breaking Bad characters. BCS also includes the forward story for Saul Goodman post Breaking Bad. It's trying to do a lot!

As the final BCS series releases I have gone back to re-watch Breaking Bad. I'd give the nod to BCS as the better series but both series are top drawer.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have seen I loved that. Think I need a bit more action and suspense. I've enjoyed getting more breaking bad world, the rivalry with his bro and the transformation to Saul. I'm just never sure what the end goal in each seasons. Keep waiting for it to kick off but never quite does.

crunchy frog

Ive been watching a series called "Your Honor" dono which platform you can get it on (I'M watching on IPTV) but it's good so far. Bryan Cranston is in it, plays a judge who's son kills a local mafia guys kid. Quite breaking bad-esque 

3rd Season of "For All Mankind" starts 10th June.

The show is an alternate history which poses the question "What if The Space Race never ended?"

Season 1 was in the late 60's/early 70's.
Season 2 was 80s.
And now it's into the 90s.

Writing has been mostly solid, barring one or two stupid plotlines, but I'm looking forward to this new season.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series