Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/03/2022 at 11:05, Muppetboy said:

Watched the holiday with Jill halfshilling on c5, actually started ok and was reasonably tense but when the reveal came it just seemed to not fit with the direction it was going. 5/10

Quite enjoyed this 4 parter and binged it. Dipped and got a wee bit bogged down in the middle but a couple of good twists at the end. You wouldn’t want to go on holiday with any of them that’s for sure

Id give it 7/10

On 08/03/2022 at 21:24, Tommy Brown said:

Watching Our House on ITV.

Lead role played by Tuppence Middleton. 🤭

Was pretty disappointed with Our House. The book was much better. Can't understand why when they adapt books they change so much. The changes in this took away some of the twists which helped make the book so enjoyable. 

On 03/03/2022 at 14:35, Ray Gin said:

Nice spoiler there for anyone who hasn't watched Vikings. :lol: 

Unless you know a bit of Viking history. 

Bosch: Legacy streaming from 6th May on IMDb TV (available via Amazon). Trailer features Maddie a lot...unfortunately. My least favourite character from the original series.

Tommy Brown
19 hours ago, dougal said:

Was pretty disappointed with Our House. The book was much better. Can't understand why when they adapt books they change so much. The changes in this took away some of the twists which helped make the book so enjoyable. 

I think when you have read the book, it makes anything difficult to watch.

As I hadn't read it the book, I thought it was ok with a decent ending for once.

Jambo_jim2001
On 05/03/2022 at 07:35, John Findlay said:

On the BBC I player I am enjoying Michael Portillo's coastal rail journeys.

The first series is all around the coast of Scotland.

Walking Britains lost railways on yesterday channel is worth a peek at,some stunning sights😎😎 as well as the canal ones👍

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Walking Britains lost railways on yesterday channel is worth a peek at,some stunning sights😎😎 as well as the canal ones👍

Agreed. I enjoy this too.👍

JudyJudyJudy

I was at a female friend fir dinner and drinks last night snd we watched 

“ Fleabag” I had heard of it but didn’t really fancy it . However it’s terrific , very funny and moving at time too . Outstanding acting too . We watched the whole first series . Looking forward to series 2 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ Fleabag” I had heard of it but didn’t really fancy it . However it’s terrific , very funny and moving at time too . Outstanding acting too . We watched the whole first series . Looking forward to series 2 

That old chestnut “female tv friend dinner etc” 9/10 it was all brilliant?

I’m waiting until she dumps you for proper scoring , everything on tv date nights are brilliant 🤮

ps…joking aside , we loved it too 👏🏻

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, maggieb said:

That old chestnut “female tv friend dinner etc” 9/10 it was all brilliant?

I’m waiting until she dumps you for proper scoring , everything on tv date nights are brilliant 🤮

ps…joking aside , we loved it too 👏🏻

8AD0FA5A-A62D-4B90-A3F4-265898E2576A.gif

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Some people weren’t keen on the 2nd season and preferred the 1st. It became less funny and dark but still very good. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Some people weren’t keen on the 2nd season and preferred the 1st. It became less funny and dark but still very good. 

I’ll watch it in the next week or so . Series 1 was pretty savage about men at some points , very cutting but also quite accurate ! As well as hysterical . Olivia Coleman was an a one 😎😎😎 in this ! Some of her lines 😂

JudyJudyJudy

I watched "  The Andy Warhol Diaries " on Netflix about the whacky pop art King.  It really was fascinating and he was ahead of his time in various areas of media and society. He basically predicted  social media with his 15 minutes of fame comment and was also involved in television work which was basically reality tv before we had reality tv. He was a very complex person who survived an assassination attempt in 1968 from a nut job. He had a few lovers. Most died tragically. One of AIDS and another in a plane crash. He died after complications from a gall bladder op at 58..  I know it sounds ludicrous but i thought his hair was natural but it was a collection of wigs he wore. His paintings have sold for over 100 million dollars at a time. Incredible. 

Carl Fredrickson

Watched The Adam Project on Saturday night with the kids. As far as family films go, it ticked a few boxes and the kids loved it 7/10

Watched Reminiscence this morning (NowTV) - thought it was a load of rubbish. Cant score it 

Cinema this afternoon to see The Phantom of the Open. A British true story film (which I am a sucker for). I had never heard of Maurice Flitcroft but it is a great story and I really enjoyed the film 8/10

Tommy Brown

Finally got round to This is going to hurt

BBCi.

Very good first episode, laughing from the start and a serious edge to it too.

Mrs B loved it, being a nurse.

Sex Panther
On 21/03/2022 at 09:06, Ron Burgundy said:

Mr Inbetweener on Disney+. Really enjoying it, quite violent and short snappy episodes.

Absolutely loved Mr Inbetweener. Watched it a year or two ago. Which reminds me,  I've never got round to watching the film it originated from.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Sex Panther said:

Absolutely loved Mr Inbetweener. Watched it a year or two ago. Which reminds me,  I've never got round to watching the film it originated from.

What was the film?

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Sorry, made an erse of that! Was talking about Mr Inbetween! 

I'll get me coat...

Please stay. It was me that made an arse of it 😄 It is Mr Inbetween.

On 21/02/2022 at 18:02, Ray Gin said:

Really enjoyed The Responder (BBC iPlayer) despite a slightly underwhelming finale. Martin Freeman was superb.

Just finished this last night and agree re Freeman, top performance. Good dark humour in it as well. Series 2 confirmed just a day or so ago.  

4 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Just finished this last night and agree re Freeman, top performance. Good dark humour in it as well. Series 2 confirmed just a day or so ago.  

Good news 👍

Tommy Brown
17 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Good to hear, really enjoyed s1

Yellowjackets (iptv / sky atlantic)

Lost meets Lord of the Flies as a girls' football team's plane crashes wtf knows where and the team have to survive in the wilderness.

Not bad.

Time Team has returned, a decade after being cancelled.

They're fully self funded and produced now and can't be cancelled again.

Fans have brought it back from the dead.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Time Team has returned, a decade after being cancelled.

They're fully self funded and produced now and can't be cancelled again.

Fans have brought it back from the dead.

Used to love Time Team on a Sunday back in the day. Watched loads of them on 4 on demand

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, Cade said:

June 3rd is part of the Queens Jubilee weekend. If all episodes are released on that date, then I am sorry Liz but I will be spending it with The Boys

Jambo_jim2001

Don't know if it's been mentioned before. Doom patrol on IPTV, humour along the lines of peacekeeper although DC universe.😎

52 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before. Doom patrol on IPTV, humour along the lines of peacekeeper although DC universe.😎

It’s also on Starplayz on Amazon. 

On 24/03/2022 at 08:17, jonesy said:

Anyone else watching Severance on Apple?

Downloaded the first few episodes to watch on a train ride to Manchester and now eagerly awaiting the next episode tomorrow. 

:thumb:

scott herbertson
On 18/03/2022 at 09:58, JamesM48 said:

I watched "  The Andy Warhol Diaries " on Netflix about the whacky pop art King.  It really was fascinating and he was ahead of his time in various areas of media and society. He basically predicted  social media with his 15 minutes of fame comment and was also involved in television work which was basically reality tv before we had reality tv. He was a very complex person who survived an assassination attempt in 1968 from a nut job. He had a few lovers. Most died tragically. One of AIDS and another in a plane crash. He died after complications from a gall bladder op at 58..  I know it sounds ludicrous but i thought his hair was natural but it was a collection of wigs he wore. His paintings have sold for over 100 million dollars at a time. Incredible. 

Have a listen to Songs for Drella - album by John Cale and Lou Reed about Warhol. Pretty grim in parts but compelling

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Have a listen to Songs for Drella - album by John Cale and Lou Reed about Warhol. Pretty grim in parts but compelling

I will 

On 25/03/2022 at 22:26, Tazio said:

Just started on Peacemaker on Sky. Good first episode with pretty good potential. 

As a follow up post this did that rare thing of getting better with each episode. Way better than I'd expected it to be. 

Just now, Tazio said:

As a follow up post this did that rare thing of getting better with each episode. Way better than I'd expected it to be. 

John Cena was pretty good and funny in it as Peacemaker. Fun show.

The Mighty Thor
On 27/03/2022 at 20:21, Tazio said:

On 27/03/2022 at 20:23, PortyJambo said:

John Cena was pretty good and funny in it as Peacemaker. Fun show.

I saw John Cena and thought this will be shite. 

I'll need to give it a go now 👍

23 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I saw John Cena and thought this will be shite. 

I'll need to give it a go now 👍

John Cena's forearms though 😍

Ozark final season, part 2, trailer. Episodes released on 29th April. Looks like a massive spoiler in the trailer, so I'm guessing it's not as obvious as shown.

Halo, based around the xbox video game. i've seen the two episodes that have aired so far and it is promising, not award winning promising but decent entertainment. watched it on iptv type service

What an awesome episode that was - Peaky Blinders. 
the movie will be awesome. Surely all about Berlin and the facist movement. Fabulous finale to the tv series 10/10

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series