Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

New series started Sunday night on BBC1, Chloe. If you like your drama to be quirky and psychological, then worth a watch.

Definitely worth a shot arch. You can binge it on IPlayer.

Boba Fett was really, really great. 

Hopefully gets renewed. 

Looking forwarded to the Obi-Wan series. The series Disney have made have all been top class. Much better than the trilogy movies. 

Reacher.

Thought it was poor.Very daytime TV fore me with a bit of violence thrown in.Expect to see the next season's credits him peddling a bike like the Murder She Wrote introduction.

Never read any of the books so I did not know what to expect.

43 minutes ago, benny said:

Reacher.

Thought it was poor.Very daytime TV fore me with a bit of violence thrown in.Expect to see the next season's credits him peddling a bike like the Murder She Wrote introduction.

Never read any of the books so I did not know what to expect.

Spoiler

watched the first ep on Saturday night not watched another since - wasn't keen on it felt it was trying to make it out as a comedy. 

William H. Bonney
42 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Has anyone watched Yellowstone before ? 

I'm on series 4 would like to find out what others think off it ? 

I really enjoyed Yellowstone, season 4 was pretty dull though. 
1883 is also a decent watch. 

41 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Has anyone watched Yellowstone before ? 

I'm on series 4 would like to find out what others think off it ? 

I really like it after a slow start.

A bit Dallas like but with cowboys.

Easy watching,good entertainment show.

Always look forward to watching although the Beth character is starting to annoy me.

6 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I really enjoyed Yellowstone, season 4 was pretty dull though. 
1883 is also a decent watch. 

I've not watched 1883 yet still got a few eps to go on season 4.  Will give it a watch after, 

5 minutes ago, benny said:

I really like it after a slow start.

A bit Dallas like but with cowboys.

Easy watching,good entertainment show.

Always look forward to watching although the Beth character is starting to annoy me.

I thought it was like the game Red Dead Redemption meets Son's of Anarchy 😂 

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, The end of the 3rd I thought this is it 4 will be brilliant, I'm actually looking forward to finishing it, I have about 5 eps to watch. 

Beth does my head in really nice with Rip and John but a right cow with Jamie ( which is understandable ) and others she comes across with her line of work. The chain smoking too :facepalm: 

Monica is also another dull one get fed up with her too. 

Spoiler

Just watched the ep with Lloyd and Walker, Lloyd threw the knife at walker, Then they had it out in the ring. The girl who was attached to Walker is boring and brings nothing to it nor does bloody Jimmy feel its a waste of time watching that reject 

On 30/01/2022 at 16:13, Disser Pointon said:

Peacemaker. If you liked the new Suicide Squad you'll love this!! Purile but.......🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not watched The Suicide Squad yet is it a prequel to it or will I need to watch the movie first

Disser Pointon
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Not watched The Suicide Squad yet is it a prequel to it or will I need to watch the movie first

I would watch the movie first mate.

On 09/02/2022 at 23:22, neilnunb said:

img_1_1644445323916.jpg

Love the release date, the first Star Wars film was released on the 25th may 1977, yeh I know, 45 years!

No Return (ITV)

A drama with humour with Sheridan Smith.

Her 16 yo son has been arrested in Turkey for sexual assualt when family holiday.

Turkish lawyer is a good laugh, but totally unrealistic.

Enjoying it.

Baldwigforjack
On 12/02/2022 at 00:20, Cruyff said:

Book of Bubba Fett 

:arry:

Class. Im not even a big star wars fan but it is class. 

I'll watch that after finishing The Book of Boba Fett.

On 12/02/2022 at 00:20, Cruyff said:

Book of Bubba Fett 

:arry:

Class. Im not even a big star wars fan but it is class. 

is that the southern  USA version of Book of Boba Fett?

Carl Fredrickson

My son has been watching the BoBF and even though I am not a SW fan and struggle to understand how each film/show ties in on the timeline, I found it really enjoyable. Disney seem to be doing really well with the SW TV shows, probably more so than some of the recent SW films. 

finally finished Traces (Drama channel).

Enjoyed it, especially the lovely Molly Windsor.

Set in Dundee and written by Val McDiarmid, I liked a lot of the dialogue in it, very down to earth.

Worth a watch, 6 episodes.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

finally finished Traces (Drama channel).

Enjoyed it, especially the lovely Molly Windsor.

Set in Dundee and written by Val McDiarmid, I liked a lot of the dialogue in it, very down to earth.

Worth a watch, 6 episodes.

Follow up series starts this Tuesday. 👍 

Finally got round to  " Afterlife" 3rd season.  Dont shoot me...but...

Although its very well written it became very over sentimental and frankly i felt a bit mawkish .   Reminded me of " the little house on the prairie" with the bucketful of tears in each episode    What actually is the time period from the death of his wife to the present season?  Its not very clear. 

Anyway the performances were very good from him and many of the cast especially Diane Morgan who really is an exceptional talent. I feel its now run its course. 

Spoiler

what was the ending about ?  I initially thought it meant he died as he faded away but then he came back. 

20 hours ago, milky_26 said:

is that the southern  USA version of Book of Boba Fett?

21 hours ago, Baldwigforjack said:

I'll watch that after finishing The Book of Boba Fett.

:seething:

The White Cockade

Watched old episode of Tenko today and also got Foyle’s War and Touch of Frost on series link 

Much prefer the old British shows to all the American stuff

Probably because I’m an old codger now 

7 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Watched old episode of Tenko today and also got Foyle’s War and Touch of Frost on series link 

Much prefer the old British shows to all the American stuff

Probably because I’m an old codger now 

I rewatched " Tenko" last year. Its superb. Love the older well made shows.  Great cast too

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I rewatched " Tenko" last year. Its superb. Love the older well made shows.  Great cast too

yes it was well done and remember watching it back in the 70's

some good stuff on when I was a kid Upstairs Downstairs, Love for Lydia, Sutherlands Law, Budgie,

Callan, Softly Softly, Secret Army, Colditz, Shoestring and to be fair some of the American stuff MASH, Quincy, Columbo, Nanny and the Professor etc

and probably dozens I can't remember

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

yes it was well done and remember watching it back in the 70's

some good stuff on when I was a kid Upstairs Downstairs, Love for Lydia, Sutherlands Law, Budgie,

Callan, Softly Softly, Secret Army, Colditz, Shoestring and to be fair some of the American stuff MASH, Quincy, Columbo, Nanny and the Professor etc

and probably dozens I can't remember

Upstairs downstairs is on channel 81 talking Pictures. Its a great channel if you like old tv programmes and films. I love it. Columbo is on 5Star channel every Sunday. 

11 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

This is going to hurt, 8/10. Excellent. On bbc

All episodes available on iPlayer....We binged it over last few days - exellent...9/10

Samuel Camazzola
On 13/02/2022 at 20:36, Tommy Brown said:

oh cheers, i had no idea there was a follow-up

Kicked off last night. Decent enough episode to set the story. 

" Inventing Anna"  is on Netflix. Just watched the first episode and its very good already. Caught my attention straight off.  Very funny too. Its a true story about a fake socialite who conned her way in New York high society. Excellent acting from the cast

On 15/02/2022 at 11:31, JamesM48 said:

Upstairs downstairs is on channel 81 talking Pictures. Its a great channel if you like old tv programmes and films. I love it. Columbo is on 5Star channel every Sunday. 

Should try and catch a series from the 70s called, when the boat comes in.

A cracking programme imho.

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes I’ll look out for that one 👌

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Sunday nights when I was wee. Still mind the tune

Possibly a bit late with this but just finished watching Dark on Netflix. It's a German series. I thought it was excellent with great casting which really does help you keep in touch with what's happening. You can watch it dubbed or in subtitles. You really have to pay attention to it, but it's definitely worth watching.

41 minutes ago, dougal said:

Possibly a bit late with this but just finished watching Dark on Netflix. It's a German series. I thought it was excellent with great casting which really does help you keep in touch with what's happening. You can watch it dubbed or in subtitles. You really have to pay attention to it, but it's definitely worth watching.

I watched that. Still really couldn't understand it but it was incredible tv, and ultimately it did make sense somewhere along the line :) 

7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I watched that. Still really couldn't understand it but it was incredible tv, and ultimately it did make sense somewhere along the line :) 

I think I pretty much followed it but just to be on the safe side afterwards I read some other opinions etc online to just to make sure I'd got it right.

Edited by dougal

2 hours ago, dougal said:

I think I pretty much followed it but just to be on the safe side afterwards I read some other opinions etc online to just to make sure I'd got it right.

Yes i did that too. It was a fascinating , thought provoking tv series. I love films or tv programmes about time travel. 

Carl Fredrickson
On 15/02/2022 at 19:55, Muppetboy said:

This is going to hurt, 8/10. Excellent. On bbc

Finished last night. I really enjoyed it too. 

The Hogfather

Working my way through The Pacific for the first time after watching Band of Brothers again recently. Don’t feel like it’s as good as the original, this one feels more dramatised. 

BoB was great at making you feel like it was the story of the company and their experiences in Europe. This feels like a standard drama series that’s set in the Pacific theatre. 

6 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Working my way through The Pacific for the first time after watching Band of Brothers again recently. Don’t feel like it’s as good as the original, this one feels more dramatised. 

BoB was great at making you feel like it was the story of the company and their experiences in Europe. This feels like a standard drama series that’s set in the Pacific theatre. 

It picks up the action in the latter half IIRC. But yeah I preferred the original series too.

The Devil's Advocate - 3 part documentary about Giovanni Di Stefano (yes him who bought Dundee - albeit that's not mentioned in the doc).  Fascinating story of a man who wasn't even a qualified lawyer getting gigs with Saddam Hussein, Arkan, Harold Shipman etc etc....as well as defrauding folks out of their money.

On Now TV/Sky Documentaries.

43 minutes ago, Gards said:

The Devil's Advocate - 3 part documentary about Giovanni Di Stefano (yes him who bought Dundee - albeit that's not mentioned in the doc).  Fascinating story of a man who wasn't even a qualified lawyer getting gigs with Saddam Hussein, Arkan, Harold Shipman etc etc....as well as defrauding folks out of their money.

On Now TV/Sky Documentaries.

I was watching a thing about Gary Glitter a few nights ago, his name came up as his former lawyer and he got interviewed - came across as a proper shaft

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series