Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Tourist is definitely written by someone completely out of it on drugs. 

And there was also some drug taking by whoever wrote Stay Close. 

I enjoyed The Tourist. A bit ‘Fargo’ in its style and plenty of plot holes but pretty watchable. 7/10

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dexter  New Blood :

Pleasantly surprised how good this was. I was a big Dexter fan and like most was disappointed with the last few seasons of it a few years back.  However this season was excellent . Really good storyline and interesting moral story about Dexter and his own morality. I don't want to spoil it but i felt the ending was superb. 

Spoiler

the ending was poetic justice for him really as he wasn't really that pleasant a character despite his taking out various scum bags however he was responsible for the deaths of innocent people too. There is some talk of a follow up series with the son but they need to leave it and leave its legacy as great tv series . 

Malinga the Swinga
On 07/01/2022 at 17:08, JamesM48 said:

Very true. It’s really good . Very well made and you’ll probably sit hon smacked at the police actions or indeed lack of them . 

Finished this last night. Merchant was superb as killer, and amazing how the removal of hairpiece aged him.

Not a great Sheridan Smith fan normally but she played her role well without taking over whole drama.

Certainly wasn't surprised the Family liaison officer got taken off the case, he was as useful as, don't know actually, as he was staggeringly incompetent, insensitive and incapable.

Three lives wasted as a result of police just not being arsed basically.

Not sure I can say I enjoyed it, as the subject matter was not really enjoyable, but it was impossible to turn off, which I guess was point of programme.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Finished this last night. Merchant was superb as killer, and amazing how the removal of hairpiece aged him.

Not a great Sheridan Smith fan normally but she played her role well without taking over whole drama.

Certainly wasn't surprised the Family liaison officer got taken off the case, he was as useful as, don't know actually, as he was staggeringly incompetent, insensitive and incapable.

Three lives wasted as a result of police just not being arsed basically.

Not sure I can say I enjoyed it, as the subject matter was not really enjoyable, but it was impossible to turn off, which I guess was point of programme.

Yes it was well made piece of tv i think. 

Spoiler

It started off well I enjoyed it until maybe the last 2 or 3 episodes.

When Dexter went to the cave and found the girl that's when it should of really took a turn. Kurt was the bad guy but there was no depth into his crimes would of been good to find out a bit more about his victims maybe some flash backs etc.

Dexter never killed anyone innocent until the last scene when he killed the coach. 

@milky_26 @JamesM48

Edited by Stu_HMFC

22 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:
  Hide contents

When Dexter went to the cave and found the girl that's when it should of really took a turn. Kurt was the bad guy but there was no depth into his crimes would of been good to find out a bit more about his victims maybe some flash backs etc.

Dexter never killed anyone innocent until the last scene when he killed the coach. 

@milky_26 @JamesM48

Spoiler

I agree re lack of depth to Kurt. However I'm sure in an earlier series Dexter killed an innocent. Photographer who he thought was killing the girls he photographed but it ended up being his assistant 

25 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:
  Hide contents

@milky_26 @JamesM48

Spoiler

Maybe not directly but his actions by killing others lead to innocent peoples deaths as we saw in the final flashback 

Edited by JamesM48

On 09/01/2022 at 21:11, chester copperpot said:

Four lives. Bbc iplayer 

Unbelievable the incompetence of the Barking police force.

Stephen merchant perfectly cast for his role. The hairdo capped it all off perfectly 

On 01/01/2022 at 11:59, Tommy Brown said:

watched the first episode of Traces on BBCi player

Set in Dundee with Molly Windsor, Laura Fraser & Martin Compston.

It has good reviews and was a decent first episode,

Then I get the "oops, something went wrong" message.

I can no longer find it 

☹️

the tv channel drama are about to show it from this saturday

Rules of the Game (BBC)

Good opening episode of apparent suicide at a company attempting to go public.

Not too serious drama that has had an enjoyable  start.

Maxine Peake in lead role.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rules+of+the+game&oq=rules+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60.3366j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Rules of the Game (BBC)

https://www.google.com/search?q=rules+of+the+game&oq=rules+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60.3366j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Finished that last night. A good watch. Not the best ever but a decent BBC drama. Maxine Peake is a cracking actor (actress?) 

William H. Bonney
12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Season 15 of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia coming to Netflix on the 1st of February. 

Its pretty poor. Ive watched the first 3 episodes and there are few laughs. 

I finished the last season of The Expanse last night, and was a bit disappointed in it. It was ok, but felt a bit rushed, which might be explained by it only being 6 episodes.

I didn't like the actor who played Marco Inaros either, to the level that he put me off the show whenever he was on...and he's a big part of the last season.

It did sort of finish the story off, but there was a big part of it that was left unfinished, and I was surprised that that storyline was included in quite so many scenes in the last season when it was being left open-ended.

Maybe they're planning a follow up show that covers just that part of the storyline. Otherwise I might just have to check the books out to read the full story.

On 13/01/2022 at 21:09, milky_26 said:

the tv channel drama are about to show it from this saturday

cheers again, just set Tivo to record them.

Traces

luckyBatistuta
On 14/01/2022 at 19:12, Muppetboy said:

Afterlife season 3. Awesome

Just finished the first episode. Never stopped laughing throughout..”Don’t over water it…####!!!🤣 Tremendous writing and acting all round. 

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just finished the first episode. Never stopped laughing throughout..”Don’t over water it…####!!!🤣 Tremendous writing and acting all round. 

The laughs just keep coming, as do the touching moments. Absolute joy to watch

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

The laughs just keep coming, as do the touching moments. Absolute joy to watch

Used to turn the television over when Gervais came now, starting to love the guy. Episode 2 now and the ’Swingers’ 🤣🤣🤣

58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Used to turn the television over when Gervais came now, starting to love the guy. Episode 2 now and the ’Swingers’ 🤣🤣🤣

6 mins into episode 4 and pissing my pants already! Always loved gervais, guys a genius

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

6 mins into episode 4 and pissing my pants already! Always loved gervais, guys a genius

Definitely coming around to that way of thinking 

On 14/01/2022 at 17:09, Tommy Brown said:

Rules of the Game (BBC)

On 14/01/2022 at 18:40, Carl Fredrickson said:

Finished that last night. A good watch. Not the best ever but a decent BBC drama. Maxine Peake is a cracking actor (actress?) 

Done the last two episodes last night.

Well worth the watch, decent drama with snidey humour.

But like most TV dramas, feel the ending wasn't best.

What I really liked was that you had no idea who was dead until well in.

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Binged series 3 of afterlife on Saturday night, slow burner that ramped up and the ending ….. 😢

Tremendous viewing with exceptional writing and casting. 

Gervais creates stuff which is as close to perfection as you'll get and knows that wrapping things up after a limited number of episodes and series is the key to making classics. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am in bits watching Afterlife. Laughing one minute and in tears (genuine) the next. 

Spoiler

I think I was laughing and crying at the same time  when Cath got kicked out the yoga class.

Carl Fredrickson

@Alex a tremendous scene. So many parts I can empathise with - both the humorous and emotional stuff. Genuinely cant remember the last TV show to affect me like this. Great script and great acting. 

I am not a fan of his stand up stuff but RG has written some of the best TV comedies in the last 20 years (Afterlife is so much more than a comedy). 

9 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

@Alex a tremendous scene. So many parts I can empathise with - both the humorous and emotional stuff. Genuinely cant remember the last TV show to affect me like this. Great script and great acting. 

I am not a fan of his stand up stuff but RG has written some of the best TV comedies in the last 20 years (Afterlife is so much more than a comedy). 

He loves the ‘c’ word though!😂

Started back on " The Sopranos". We just decided to watch the very first episode on Sunday night but its got us hooked back in. Already at episode 6. Enjoying just as much as the first and second time. Actually its very funny at times. That can sometimes be forgot. 

11 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Still to watch this season. I really like Gervais . He has made outstanding tv. He is  a genius really.  I like his outlook aboutlife . Its very realistic although nihilistic  . Much like my views really and he can and does get torn into celebrity culture.   

" The office" and  " Extras" are now comedy gold.  He is quite sentimental  with a good heart underneath all that shade he throws .  He is  a good working class lad done good.  He also loves cats so cant be at all bad 

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Still to watch this season. I really like Gervais . He has made outstanding tv. He is  a genius really.  I like his outlook aboutlife . Its very realistic although nihilistic  . Much like my views really and he can and does get torn into celebrity culture.   

" The office" and  " Extras" are now comedy gold.  He is quite sentimental  with a good heart underneath all that shade he throws .  He is  a good working class lad done good.  He also loves cats so cant be at all bad 

Love everything he’s done although not so much his stand up. His views are pretty much spot on on a lot of things. 
his outlook on celebs and that culture is so refreshing and so very few people say it like it is.  
i did miss the psychiatrist though, Paul Kaye of Dennis the penis fame from ages ago

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Started back on " The Sopranos". We just decided to watch the very first episode on Sunday night but its got us hooked back in. Already at episode 6. Enjoying just as much as the first and second time. Actually its very funny at times. That can sometimes be forgot. 

Bought a 2nd DVD player in Novemberto watch the box set, never started it yet.

Think I only ever watched the first two series back in the day.

31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Bought a 2nd DVD player in Novemberto watch the box set, never started it yet.

Think I only ever watched the first two series back in the day.

I would say its one of those shows which improves each season but actually from the get go it was superb. Outstanding. 

Binged the truncated 6th and final season of The Expanse.

Not quite a "Game of Thrones" style bed-shitting, but close.

All the tension and build up of 5 seasons wraps up in about 15 minutes of the final episode.

Nothing's properly wrapped up either. Lots of thread left hanging in an obvious and pathetic attempt to make some network or other pick up the show for another season.

You've been cancelled. So end it properly.

And a large chunk of this short final season is spent on a boring, stupid storyline that goes absolutely nowhere.

FFS just cut that non-story out and flesh out the rest and you may have produced a more solid final season.

Finished re watching season 1 of  " The Sopranos" for the third time. Its still as fresh as when i first watched it. Really enjoying it again. My favourite line was in the last episode when Tony is in crisis and has to order various hits . He speaks to his wife and says  " its cunnilingus  and psychiatry that got us to this stage ".. :) Perfect , Was there ever a villain as shadey as Livia Soprano? Shes one cunning so and so.  

image-23-10-21-07-02-7.jpeg

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Slightly related but the actress who plays Fennec Shand in The Book Of Boba Fett is 58! One to add to the older women list. 

Asian women tend to have three ages: 12, 25 and 112.  

Ming-Na Wen is still in the 25 stage.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series