Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Anyone else finding the second series of Guilt a tough watch? Think it was filmed during lockdown and you just don't get the feeling that it was done with 100% conviction.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo

Only Murders in the Building. Comedy whodunnit starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez as a trio who start a podcast about a murder in their New York apartment building. Smart and funny.

1 hour ago, Hesh said:

I've just binged the all or nothing on the Toronto Maple Leafs, Very good. 

I especially liked them getting knocked out the playoffs by the Habs. 😀

I watched the start of the new Stephen Merchant programme Outlaws on BBC iPlayer. Very good if you like his humour. Looks like it has a dark edge to it as well. 

Has anyone watched the Apple TV show that looks like its filmed around Crystal Palace. I think the Football team employ a new manager but its an American football manager only seen a few seconds of it advertised cant think what it was called ? 

Edit  - Sorry someone at work shouted over Ted Lasso ? any good ? 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Has anyone watched the Apple TV show that looks like its filmed around Crystal Palace. I think the Football team employ a new manager but its an American football manager only seen a few seconds of it advertised cant think what it was called ? 

Edit  - Sorry someone at work shouted over Ted Lasso ? any good ? 

i felt it took a few episodes to get into but it is enjoyable

Discovered Babylon Berlin a few days back, just starting season 2 now, like it a lot, I hear the 4th season is due for release early 2022.

Enjoying latest series of Shetland.

Probably a bit bias, as writer David Kane is a good friend of a friend. Remember him at West Calder HS.

Bugger staying up there, seems to be full of psychos and @Boof.

Edited by Tommy Brown

On 06/11/2021 at 13:20, milky_26 said:

new series of dexter starts on monday on sky. hopefully they fix the mess they originally ended the series

Hopefully as it deteriorated really badly.  Apparently his sister .  Debbie is back too.  She was one annoying character and even worse actress. 

Spoiler

She is back as a dad apparition like his dad used to be . 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Finally got round to watching the last season of Homeland. Personally thought it was great over the 8 seasons and the ending was perfect. 

I stopped Watching it 

Spoiler

After Brody was killed 

However I have heard it was just as good or even better after it ? I think Clare Danes is an exceptional actress so that helps 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Finally got round to watching the last season of Homeland. Personally thought it was great over the 8 seasons and the ending was perfect. 

I stopped Watching it 

Spoiler

After Brody was killed 

However I have heard it was just as good or even better after it ? I think Clare Danes is an exceptional actress so that helps 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I stopped Watching it 

Hide contents

After Brody was killed 

It gets well better after that. You should watch it again. 👍

Being enjoying Angela Black on Sunday evenings. ITV.

Final episode of 6 this Sunday. So will be totally available  after then.

No doubt the last episode will feck up the wee twists that have been going on.

Carl Fredrickson
On 02/11/2021 at 01:50, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Only Murders in the Building. Comedy whodunnit starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez as a trio who start a podcast about a murder in their New York apartment building. Smart and funny.

I am loving this. Quite different and funny. 

On 05/11/2021 at 20:31, Hector Riva said:

Show trial . Just watched the 5eps over 3nights. Excellent 10/10

Thanks for mentioning this - watched it over the weekend and agree that it is excellent.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It gets well better after that. You should watch it again. 👍

Might do as Ive run out of things to watch 

Everybody Loves Baz!

I know it's been said before, but The West Wing is phenomenal.

Went back to 1999 and started watching it from the start.

Funny and Topical, an so much more.

What's also great is that half way through some episodes, it all comes back to me and I start remembering the outcome.

Still doesn't stop me watching it though.

16 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

I know it's been said before, but The West Wing is phenomenal.

Went back to 1999 and started watching it from the start.

Funny and Topical, an so much more.

What's also great is that half way through some episodes, it all comes back to me and I start remembering the outcome.

Still doesn't stop me watching it though.

I know Spacey is a bit dodgy but his performance in that is first class.  Brilliant series.  

Everybody Loves Baz!
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I know Spacey is a bit dodgy but his performance in that is first class.  Brilliant series.  

You're think of House of Cards are you not Chief??

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am loving this. Quite different and funny. 

Glad you’re enjoying. Not sure if you’ve made it to episode 7 yet but it is really interesting what they do in that particular episode. You’ll know what I mean once you watch it.

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Glad you’re enjoying. Not sure if you’ve made it to episode 7 yet but it is really interesting what they do in that particular episode. You’ll know what I mean once you watch it.

I finished the series last night and Ep 7 was "interesting". Cleverly done and got ones attention

The first episode of the new series of Dexter was decent. No more than that but it has promise of being better than the original ending partly due to the return of the showrunner who left after series 4 (trinity killer)

On 03/11/2021 at 04:12, Tazio said:

I watched the start of the new Stephen Merchant programme Outlaws on BBC iPlayer. Very good if you like his humour. Looks like it has a dark edge to it as well. 

Bit of a coup to get Christopher Walken to be in it.

I've not gone through tons of pages to see if this has been mentioned but I've just finished watching Alice in Borderland. It's a Japanese show where the people of Tokyo disappear and the survivors end up participating in games who h give them free time between the games. I don't want to say too much but I enjoyed it more than Squid Game (which I really enjoyed). It's on Netflix if people are interested. 

ITV drama this week The Tower

3-parter, a cop and a 15yo Libyan immigrant have fallen from the top high rise block of flats.

Really good story and production so far.

Finishes tonight.

Word of warning. Don't bother with the 4 part doc on Netflix called The Motive. 

2 and a half hours I'll never get back. I'm actually quite annoyed with myself for watching them all. Interviews with the same tedious talking heads every episode and no conclusion at the end. What is the point of that? Utter dog shit. 

Watched 2 episodes of Showtrial BBC.

Sunday 9pm

Set in Bristol, a student has gone missing then found murdered.

Suspects are a couple of well to do students, the female is very dislike able.

Good start.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:09, John Findlay said:

Bit of a coup to get Christopher Walken to be in it.

Really enjoying this programme. You know what you get with walken and I’m a fan of Stephen merchant too so as I say it’s well worth a watch

chester copperpot

Guilty on BBCi player.

Thoroughly enjoying it, though don't know if it was meant or not but I found it more like a dark comedy

The final (6th) season of The Expanse starts on Amazon on 10th Dec. 

I'll miss it when it's done, as it's one of the better sci-fi shows ever made, and IMO definitely the best current one out there. 

I know they're not covering the final 3 books of the 9 book series in this season, but as there's apparently a 30 year gap between books 6 and 7, it does make sense they're stopping now as it's a natural break and they'd have to either recast or digitally age the current actors if they were to go on.

Apparently there's still a chance that the final 3 books will be picked up at some time to continue the storyline. But even if not, at least I know I can start reading the books if I want to get the complete story.

Malinga the Swinga

Millennium on iPlayer is very good. It's series based on Stieg Larsson's trilogy. Much faster pace than movies that were made and girl who plays Lisbeth is excellent. Subtitled in English but you forget about that quickly enough.

On 18/11/2021 at 03:24, Muppetboy said:

Really enjoying this programme. You know what you get with walken and I’m a fan of Stephen merchant too so as I say it’s well worth a watch

One of the best series on iplayer I've seen for a while, really enjoyed it. Quite often I find the last episode of most things an anti climax, not with this though.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series