Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh I’ve just checked up on that . It looks good . Love things set in the artic etc . I’ll def give it a watch 

Only 5 episodes but really enjoyed it. Plenty blood, guts and clubbing. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit late to it, but I started watching Money Heist a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the first season and the second wasn't bad either, but seasons 3 on have become a bit of a struggle. I'm still watching, as want to see where it finishes, and it still has its decent episodes that make it worth sticking with.

It reminds me a lot of Prison Break, not only because it's criminals stuck in a bank (prison) being led by a mastermind (Professor in MH, Michael in PB) but also because they probably should have ended it after 2 seasons too.

After the first season, I did find myself singing/humming 'Bella ciao' quite a bit though, couldn't get it out of my head!

Edited by PortyJambo

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Only 5 episodes but really enjoyed it. Plenty blood, guts and clubbing. 

Blood ✔️ 

guts  ✔️ 

clubbing t ✔️ 

That’s my weekend sorted after the Hearts match 

😎

Edited by JamesM48

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

I'm a bit late to it, but I started watching Money Heist a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the first season and the second wasn't bad either, but seasons 3 on have become a bit of a struggle. I'm still watching, as want to see where it finishes, and it still has its decent episodes that make it worth sticking with.

It reminds me a lot of Prison Break, not only because it's criminals stuck in a bank (prison) being led by a mastermind (Professor in MH, Michael in PB) but also because they probably should have ended it after 2 seasons too.

After the first season, I did find myself singing/humming 'Bella ciao' quite a bit though, couldn't get it out of my head!

I watched the first season but felt it was quickly got bored of second season and just binned in . Strangely enough similar to “ Prison break “ which deteriorated after season 1 too 

3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I bailed out at the start of season 3 too.  Got too silly for me.

16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ive started watching Squid Game on Netflix. Its a South Korean show. It is strangely enjoyable and about playing a bunch of deadly playground games to win billions on won. Its reminds me a little of the film battle royal.

On UK netlfix? will need to check this out 

On 24/09/2021 at 15:14, Lord BJ said:

Ive started watching Squid Game on Netflix. Its a South Korean show. It is strangely enjoyable and about playing a bunch of deadly playground games to win billions on won. Its reminds me a little of the film battle royal.

Finished it today. Absolutely tremendous, recommend it to anyone. However be prepared for your nerves to be put to the test, some tense stuff 

On 23/09/2021 at 17:36, Furious Styles said:

This starts tomorrow on Netflix. Looks interesting. 

Watched first 2 of this. Enjoying it. No wiser to know what it's about yet though.

From the same guy (and a few of the same actors) as the Haunting of Hill House Bly Manor series.

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Tried watching Ted Lasso and The Morning Show as I ended up subscribing to Apple TV for a month.

Lasso is gash. Not sure how it won awards. Somewhere in between cliche-ridden guff and earnestly channelling its main character's niceness to present a very cuddly view of how the world works.

TMS showcases Jennifer Aniston's acting range... limited to being frustrated and selfish. 

And, funniest of all with both shows, is how they manage to have an Apple device in almost every scene. Product placement as subtle as a hangover fart in a crowded lift.

Only saw her in a couple of decent things . “ cake “ and “ meet the millers “ which was quite funny actually . I have never watched one episode of “

friends” 

Cairneyhill Jambo

Started watching Clique on Netflix.

It's a thriller about uni students and is filmed in Edinburgh.  First couple of episodes have been really slow but heard good reports about it so should hopefully pick up.

On 24/09/2021 at 11:08, JamesM48 said:

Blood ✔️ 

guts  ✔️ 

clubbing t ✔️ 

That’s my weekend sorted after the Hearts match 

😎

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite brutal at times, but worth watching.

Just started on Midnight Mass last night, decent so far.

Watched 9/11: A Day in America last week. 6 part Nat Geo doc, done really well and does a great job of highlighting what it was like for those there at the time. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Started The Last Man. Only first episode but fairly promising start. 

I've watched the first 4 and am still not sure about it.

On 27/09/2021 at 14:42, bairdy said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite brutal at times, but worth watching.

I’ll watch couple More episodes tonight , that Colin Farrell character is a real Scum bag 

On 26/09/2021 at 22:39, hughesie27 said:

Watched first 2 of this. Enjoying it. No wiser to know what it's about yet though.

From the same guy (and a few of the same actors) as the Haunting of Hill House Bly Manor series.

First few episodes definitely character driven and not much has happened in terms of scares but really enjoyable

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

First few episodes definitely character driven and not much has happened in terms of scares but really enjoyable

Watched 4 now. Things getting tasty.

Currently enjoying series 7 of Elementary. I haven't seen it for a few years. Amazon Prime.

Edited by ri Alban

16 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Watched 4 now. Things getting tasty.

Was happy at the direction things were going in episodes 3 and 4 then not so impressed after events materialised. 

Dennis Reynolds

Watched the first episode of Foundation on Apple TV. Seems very well made and enjoyed it. Story is a bit come and go and I think I need to concentrate on it a bit more but happy to give it a few more episodes.

Also started watching the The North Water. Excellent cast and pretty good start.

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Clickbait on Netflix.

Wont be for everyone's liking but I rather enjoyed it!

Agreed, I really liked it

Just finished rewatching The Shield (on Prime).

Still superb viewing on 2nd watch. I'd actually forgotten most of what happened which probably helped.

14 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Still superb viewing on 2nd watch. I'd actually forgotten most of what happened which probably helped.

Still up there as one of the best "box sets". Outstanding. 

Might do the same now...

After re watching Underbelly s1

I watched Fat Tony (Prime with ads)

Same characters with mostly the same cast.

Found quite a few inconsistencies between the two.

Story followed crimelord Tony Mokbel who remains in prison. It's good stuff though

19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Brilliant series.  Only caught it fir the first time about 6 months ago and too soon to watch again. 

I'm needing a series like this to watch but think I've seen most of them now. 

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Brilliant series.  Only caught it fir the first time about 6 months ago and too soon to watch again. 

I'm needing a series like this to watch but think I've seen most of them now. 

"Southland" was good and pretty similar if you can find it somewhere.

47 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

"Southland" was good and pretty similar if you can find it somewhere.

I've got Netflix and prime and will have a look   need something for this weekend   thanks  

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jim747 said:

Looking forward to the final season..

Oh didn’t know there was going to be. 4 th season . Fantastic show. 

Carl Fredrickson
On 23/09/2021 at 17:36, Furious Styles said:

This starts tomorrow on Netflix. Looks interesting. 

I am really enjoying this. One episode to go that I will see tonight once the kids are in bed. Will not be to everyones taste but I like stuff like this, Salems Lot and Storm of the Century. If anyone can recommend others like these it would be appreciated. 

Thanks for this recommendation. Despite the awful dubbing I loved it. Batsh!t crazy at times but very entertaining.

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Why didn’t you just watch in original language? 

Fair helped my Korean. 

it was a very entertaining and equally strange show. They’ve set up a second series though not sure how it will work. 

I have neglected my Korean classes recently :) Subtitles on the TV are hard for me with my eyesight. Fine at the cinema though so maybe I just need a 60" TV.

I am unsure how a second series would go. If they left it as a single one it would be great.

On 29/09/2021 at 11:18, Muppetboy said:

Was happy at the direction things were going in episodes 3 and 4 then not so impressed after events materialised. 

Finished it last night. Definitely goes places.

Don't think it's as good as the Haunting series but enjoyed it still.

JudyJudyJudy
21 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Why didn’t you just watch in original language? 

Fair helped my Korean. 

it was a very entertaining and equally strange show. They’ve set up a second series though not sure how it will work. 

I only watch the shows in their original language too . Cant understand why people prefer dubbed ? You lose so much when it is dubbed and you an added bonus of it not being dubbed is you have to concentrate and really watch it 

21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I only watch the shows in their original language too . Cant understand why people prefer dubbed ? You lose so much when it is dubbed and you an added bonus of it not being dubbed is you have to concentrate and really watch it 

You need to be on your own to get peace to watch.

Some folk yap constantly through film.

I need peace

Edited by Tommy Brown

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Finished it last night. Definitely goes places.

Don't think it's as good as the Haunting series but enjoyed it still.

Watched it all. Really enjoyed it, a different slant on a well worn out horror tale

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’m enjoying Ted being in it more this season.  

🙂

Tbh I hadn't noticed him before tonight's episode.

It's a hidden gem this programme and I think you can tell they are sound.Im always hopefull of Whitehouse doing his toff routine.

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

🙂

Tbh I hadn't noticed him before tonight's episode.

It's a hidden gem this programme and I think you can tell they are sound.Im always hopefull of Whitehouse doing his toff routine.

Bob Mortimer talks in his autobiography about how they filmed the first episode and tried to plan it out beforehand. It was rubbish so the director just told them to sit and chat and they would edit it to keep the good bits and dump the rest and they’ve done it the same way ever since. And it works. 

4 episodes in to this. Enjoying it, despite some of the overly dramatic acting.

Ron Burgundy

Oats Studios on Netflix. Short sci-fi films. Very graphic  First has Sigourney Weaver. Strangely weird but enjoyable.

mrmarkus1981
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Anybody watched Kin?

Heard good things. 

Aye watched 4 episodes. It's alright, fairly predictable so far

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series