Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson
17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Bosch (Prime)

I went back to s1.

I am now on s4e3.

Absolutely love it.

Not bad going as 20 episodes per series.

Finished it and loved it. Episodes at about 40 mins help get through them quickly

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Bosch (Prime)

I went back to s1.

I am now on s4e3.

Absolutely love it.

Not bad going as 10 episodes per series.

Correction of typo

I know I’m way behind but watching The Making of a Murderer on Netflix.

Just wow.

Also Ted Lasso on Apple is really funny

JudyJudyJudy

Really enjoying “Godfathers of Harlem “. On episode 4 now pleasantly surprised to see the great Chazz Palmentiri appear . Wonderful actor who was brilliant as the gangster in “Bullets over Broadway “ ! And in various other roles 

Spoiler

Only thing I don’t like is having real life people like Mohammed Ali in the story as unsure if the plot about him is truthful ? Although he’s represented really well in it . It’s unfair to have him in it if it’s not accurate . Not sure how Others feel about this ? What’s the point of it ? It seems to be a new phenomena in films or tv shows . 

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Really enjoying “Godfathers of Harlem “. On episode 4 now pleasantly surprised to see the great Chazz Palmentiri appear . Wonderful actor who was brilliant as the gangster in “Bullets over Broadway “ ! And in various other roles 

Reveal hidden contents

Only thing I don’t like is having real life people like Mohammed Ali in the story as unsure if the plot about him is truthful ? Although he’s represented really well in it . It’s unfair to have him in it if it’s not accurate . Not sure how Others feel about this ? What’s the point of it ? It seems to be a new phenomena in films or tv shows . 

It’s excellent, some good actors in it to. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, the_jailer said:

It’s excellent, some good actors in it to. 

Yes one of my favourite films . Very funny 

Quite enjoying the new Israeli/American Netflix series Hit & Run. Took a bit to get going but ended up watching the first 4 episodes last night, and would have carried on if I'd not had to get up for work this morning!

Not giving anything away, as it's in the shows synopsis, but it's about an Israeli man whose American wife is killed in a hit and run. Needless to say, it's not quite as straightforward as that and the more he digs into it the more he finds his wife had secrets.

The white lotus , 

Sky Atlantic 

6 episodes well worth a look 9\10 

follows the exploits of guests and employees at an exclusive tropical resort over a week , some weird twists , I’d love to see your thoughts?

For all the big kids or people who have kids Battlebots on Netflix is the American version of Robot Wars. It's all a bit more flash than the British version, not having teams of blokes called Jeff or Trevor who made it in their garage with spare washing machine parts. 

binged the first series of ted lasso. i was unsure about it until i saw the first episode. some comedy but also more serious themes. it works well

Space: Above & Beyond.

A criminally under-rated mid-1990's sci-fi show.

On the surface it's a war drama following a squad of raw recruits on a path to becoming hardened veterans of a war against aliens but it's far deeper than that.

Covers all kinds of topics from slavery, racism, torture, PTSD, obsession, politics, lies, AI, identity, war crimes and a whole host of other heavyweight topics.

Ran for only a single 23 episode series before getting canned but it was years ahead of its time.

Well worth tracking it down.

I'm gonnae watch The Walking Dead. I've seen series 1,2 and mostly 3 when it first arrived. So I'll try to watch the rest, hopefully it's not as boring as I thought it became.

11 hours ago, Cade said:

Space: Above & Beyond.

A criminally under-rated mid-1990's sci-fi show.

On the surface it's a war drama following a squad of raw recruits on a path to becoming hardened veterans of a war against aliens but it's far deeper than that.

Covers all kinds of topics from slavery, racism, torture, PTSD, obsession, politics, lies, AI, identity, war crimes and a whole host of other heavyweight topics.

Ran for only a single 23 episode series before getting canned but it was years ahead of its time.

Well worth tracking it down.

I remember watching it at the time it was first aired and loving it, then was really disappointed it was cancelled after 1 season.

If any show was to get a reboot, this was one I would have up there on my preferred list. Someone like Netflix or Amazon would probably do a good job of it, as I imagine the per episode cost would be pretty high (maybe why it was cancelled) but they're happy to throw a big budget at a show if they want to.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm gonnae watch The Walking Dead. I've seen series 1,2 and mostly 3 when it first arrived. So I'll try to watch the rest, hopefully it's not as boring as I thought it became.

This would be a huge mistake. If you thought series 3 got bad, wait until you see the following few seasons. I gave up about half way through 7, wishing I'd stopped much earlier. 5 and 6 I watched through obligation and determination to see the story out rather than actually enjoying it. The story didn't progress in any meaningful way whatsoever.

Edited by Ray Gin

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, benny said:

Mortimer and Whitehouse return on Sunday for series 4 of their gone fishing programme.

North Uist to start with.

Great to hear. I love the show, nice easy watch and being of similar age to them I can empathise with a lot of what they chat about. 

Watched McCartney 321 on Star. Paul talks about his music from being a kid to present day. I loved it. 

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

This would be a huge mistake. If you thought series 3 got bad, wait until you see the following few seasons. I gave up about half way through 7, wishing I'd stopped much earlier. 5 and 6 I watched through obligation and determination to see the story out rather than actually enjoying it. The story didn't progress in any meaningful way whatsoever.

👍

Samuel Camazzola

Solid start to Vigil last night. 

I'll not say too much since there will be several looking to catch up. Part 2 is on tonight. 

For those who've never heard of this, it features a nuclear submarine, Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie 😍 and Martin Compston. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Solid start to Vigil last night. 

I'll not say too much since there will be several looking to catch up. Part 2 is on tonight. 

For those who've never heard of this, it features a nuclear submarine, Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie 😍 and Martin Compston. 

Yes I thought it was no bad . Not outstanding as yet but interested enough to keep watching .

JudyJudyJudy
On 27/08/2021 at 09:52, Ray Gin said:

Completely agree it became so repetitive after series 4/5 . I just stopped watching . Seems I made the right decision . 

JudyJudyJudy

Just finished the second season of  “Godfather of Harlem “ outstanding finale . Terrific acting all round from Forest Whitaker , Vincent D,Onfrio , Lucy Fry et al . Highly recommended if you liked “ The Sopranos “ 9/10 ( the actor playing Malcolm X was great too ) 

Edited by JamesM48

luckyBatistuta

Snowfall on BBC iplayer is tremendous. Just finished all 4 seasons, season 5 has been confirmed, yaaaas.

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Snowfall on BBC iplayer is tremendous. Just finished all 4 seasons, season 5 has been confirmed, yaaaas.

Oh need a new show . This looks good 

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh need a new show . This looks good 

Honestly pal, a great watch. Told my sister about it a few days ago and she’s loving it too.

Guy who plays Franklin is fantastic.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

On 16/08/2021 at 10:10, PortyJambo said:

Quite enjoying the new Israeli/American Netflix series Hit & Run. Took a bit to get going but ended up watching the first 4 episodes last night, and would have carried on if I'd not had to get up for work this morning!

Not giving anything away, as it's in the shows synopsis, but it's about an Israeli man whose American wife is killed in a hit and run. Needless to say, it's not quite as straightforward as that and the more he digs into it the more he finds his wife had secrets.

I watched this and enjoyed it but not sure about how it ended.  There can't be another series so it felt a bit of a flat ending.  

Worth watching though.  

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I watched this and enjoyed it but not sure about how it ended.  There can't be another series so it felt a bit of a flat ending.  

Worth watching though.  

Yeah, I felt the same at the ending. They did throw in a bit of a cliffhanger, and there were still a couple of questions that they didn't really answer, so I'm not sure if there are plans for a second series and they're waiting on Netflix renewing it or not (dependent on viewing figures I suppose)

1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

Yeah, I felt the same at the ending. They did throw in a bit of a cliffhanger, and there were still a couple of questions that they didn't really answer, so I'm not sure if there are plans for a second series and they're waiting on Netflix renewing it or not (dependent on viewing figures I suppose)

I thought it had maybe ended that way because of a possible second series.  Though I can't see how they can due to the main character's direct involvement in the story.  Maybe him being ex special services will give them something to go on.  

Good watch though with a lot of decent characters.  

William H. Bonney

9/11 One day in America. 
I appreciate people may get a bit tired of 9/11 documentaries but this one is superb. 
Plenty of footage I’ve not seen before and stories I’ve not heard. 
It’s a six parter. 

9 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

9/11 One day in America. 
I appreciate people may get a bit tired of 9/11 documentaries but this one is superb. 
It’s a six parter. 

Sounds interesting by it seems another series that’s too long to me. There’s a lot of stuff on Netflix for example that interests me but they stretch it out way too long for my attention span. ITV managed to make The World At War covering the entire build up to and entire length and aftermath of WWII fit into 26 hugely detailed episodes. Now we get ) parts about one event. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sounds interesting by it seems another series that’s too long to me. There’s a lot of stuff on Netflix for example that interests me but they stretch it out way too long for my attention span. ITV managed to make The World At War covering the entire build up to and entire length and aftermath of WWII fit into 26 hugely detailed episodes. Now we get ) parts about one event. 

The production of this particular series is fantastic. It’s won a few awards. I’d imagine it will become the definitive 9/11 documentary. 

9 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

9/11 One day in America. 
It’s a six parter. 

19 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The production of this particular series is fantastic. It’s won a few awards. I’d imagine it will become the definitive 9/11 documentary. 

I’ll check it out. 

52 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

9/11 One day in America. 
It’s a six parter. 

What channel/streaming platform?

59 minutes ago, Gards said:

What channel/streaming platform?

Looking like National Geograhic

Edited by Tommy Brown

23 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is City on the Hill any good, quite like Kevin Bacon and missed it first time round?

Yes, very - Not a big fan of Kevin Bacon but he's excellent in it.

On 02/07/2021 at 12:15, PortyJambo said:

A series based on Michael Connelly's other main book series, Lincoln Lawyer, is being filmed for Netflix at the moment. I did wonder in an earlier post if Bosch would appear in that too, seeing as there's some crossover in the novels, but I've seen a quote from Connelly that that won't happen as they're on competing sites, Netflix and Amazon.

Just read that there's now going to be a spinoff series based on Bosch, with Welliver returning in the main role along with his daughter and "Money" Chandler. Very much a follow up to the end of season 7 of the series on Amazon, as Connelly is also involved and the series creator for the original series is overseeing it.

It says the series will be available on Amazon owned IMDb TV which is only available in the US currently, but hopefully it comes to a UK available broadcaster. Or, of course, there are other ways to view it if not...

https://www.newsweek.com/what-we-know-about-bosch-spin-off-cast-release-date-1604787

Malinga the Swinga
On 27/08/2021 at 09:34, benny said:

Mortimer and Whitehouse return on Sunday for series 4 of their gone fishing programme.

North Uist to start with.

The most relaxing view of week. Hopefully Bob retains his Star award he richly wins each season. Also love when Ted appears. on show, sorry award winning Ted.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Been skipping by this on Prime for ages, eventually watched 3 episodes this afternoon.

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur 

Really good so far, started with Pochetino sacking and moved onto Jose Mourinho being installed. More changing room scenes when Jose arrives.

19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

9/11 and the war on terror.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Watched the first couple of episodes last night and some of the footage showing the Taliban in action let's us know what'll be happening there just now.  Harrowing stuff but a good series.  

3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Watched the first couple of episodes last night and some of the footage showing the Taliban in action let's us know what'll be happening there just now.  Harrowing stuff but a good series.  

Funded by the Us , so the US thought they were pals. :jj_facepalm:

I hadn't realised the amount of times the Trade centre had be targeted.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Funded by the Us , so the US thought they were pals. :jj_facepalm:

I hadn't realised the amount of times the Trade centre had be targeted.

I can't remember the 1993 attack on it.  Seeing those women getting punished in public shows what is probably happening just now.  

Very interesting watch though.  Highly recommend.  

Thanks for that 

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I can't remember the 1993 attack on it.  Seeing those women getting punished in public shows what is probably happening just now.  

Very interesting watch though.  Highly recommend.  

Thanks for that 

👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series