Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

On 31/03/2021 at 19:00, JamesM48 said:

Looking forward to season 4 of this excellent series. It starts again at the end of April 

love this series. Depressing as hell but it’s brilliant 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

love this series. Depressing as hell but it’s brilliant 

Yes it is depressing but probably scarily realistic .  Its brilliant. I wonder how they will do season 4 as Ive read the follow up book "Testaments" which ends the story as such. 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:18, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just finished season 4 of Unforgotten. Tremendous once again with shattering finish. 

Hope we get season 5, but all in air just now. 

Last be of duty will struggle to better this. 

We just finished it tonight. Did not see that ending. Oooooft

On 29/03/2021 at 22:18, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just finished season 4 of Unforgotten. Tremendous once again with shattering finish. 

Hope we get season 5, but all in air just now. 

Last be of duty will struggle to better this. 

We just finished it tonight. Did not see that ending. Oooooft

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Anyone watched The Shield, watched the pilot and first episode and looked decent.

I’ve watched them all. My only criticism is it’s very narrow focused. 
It is still a fantastic show though, one of the best. 
Southland, another la based cop show, was better in my opinion. 

Was flicking through 4 on demand and saw they had all seasons of The West Wing.  One of my all time favourite shows so here we go season 1!

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

Was flicking through 4 on demand and saw they had all seasons of The West Wing.  One of my all time favourite shows so here we go season 1!

4OD is great I just wish it was in HD. 

8 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Anyone watched The Shield, watched the pilot and first episode and looked decent.

Up there with all the top shows in my opinion. I watched it “live” back when it was first aired. Really need to go back and rewatch it

Auldbenches

Only discovered this a few weeks ago and flew through them.  You're in for a treat.  

Carl Fredrickson
21 hours ago, Gards said:

I watched them earlier in lockdown. I signed up for their + service and took advantage of the free trial to watch the West Wing. Cancelled it before I had to pay.

On 12/04/2021 at 15:12, Tazio said:

4OD is great I just wish it was in HD. 

Channel 4 has the worst non HD channel on the telly. When you flick to CH4HD is literally a  :wtf: moment.

Edited by ri Alban

Ron Burgundy
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm watching Phoenix nights. :rofl: I'd only ever watched clips before. 

It's up there with the funniest stuff I have ever watched. Brilliant show.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's up there with the funniest stuff I have ever watched. Brilliant show.

The Das Boot puggy that pays out in Deutsche Marks. 😂

The scene with Max and Paddy when they are trying to work out if the folk are far away or dwarves. 😂

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The scene with Max and Paddy when they are trying to work out if the folk are far away or dwarves. 😂

‘How far away are they?’

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

"Can you hear me now"

The car alarm, "get back ya b4stards or I'll break your legs"

The rodeo getting humped by the horse. 

So many amazing and funny parts. One of, if not the best UK comedy. 

Ditched Netflix last week and signed up to HBO (mostly for Gomorrah), but, I've never seen a single episode of The Sopranos, already on episode 10 of first season, loving it.

Samuel Camazzola
14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

"Can you hear me now"

The Office still takes top spot IMO but there were many things placed in the background of scenes which were class. 

The far-fetched tales told by Kenny Dalglish Snr were superb too. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, jim747 said:

Ditched Netflix last week and signed up to HBO (mostly for Gomorrah), but, I've never seen a single episode of The Sopranos, already on episode 10 of first season, loving it.

@ri Alban

Ri I think you are alone in your Soprano views.:rifle:

On 13/04/2021 at 10:05, Ray Gin said:

The Shield was great. Definitely worth watching.

I've just finished season 4 and enjoying it.  While googling some of the actors last night, I saw that the actor who played the black cop, Lowe, was jailed for 40 years in 2016 for murdering his wife. :24_shocked:

maroonblood
On 07/04/2021 at 20:36, RobboM said:

Thought I should search the thread to see if it had been recomended previously and only found the one brief mention. Corner Gas on Prime. It's quite old (2004 first series) and Canadian, but has made me chuckle a lot in the half dozen or so I've watched. Cheery and good fun. Try an episode, they're only 20 minutes or so.

On the 4th series of this it's seldom laugh out loud stuff but as you say good fun and quite clever at times. Kim's Convenience on Netflix has a similar appeal.

maroonblood
16 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

"Can you hear me now"

The pub quiz where they play the start of a song and then the whole crowd sing the title is a classic.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, maroonblood said:

The pub quiz where they play the start of a song and then the whole crowd sing the title is a classic.

"Take My Breath Away". 😄 It then cuts to Max who says it's "Walking on the Moon". 

maroonblood
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

"Take My Breath Away". 😄 It then cuts to Max who says it's "Walking on the Moon". 

Didn't want to put in a spoiler 😉

Hector Riva

Watched last night The Victim 4 parter. The lassie Kelly from trainspotting and line of duty. Excellant. It was on the BBC 2019 but I missed it. Very good tho. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, maroonblood said:

Didn't want to put in a spoiler 😉

If I was discussing Line Of Duty, I would have. Since it's nearly 20 years old, I didn't feel it needed one. 😄

maroonblood
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If I was discussing Line Of Duty, I would have. Since it's nearly 20 years old, I didn't feel it needed one. 😄

20 years, that makes me feel so old. Even funnier than I remembered 

Too close, stv. Really decent I thought. Raised some questions about controversial topics as well as being a really good drama. Girl playing Connie was excellent I thought. 8/10

Has anyone watched seal team ? 

I’ve watched 3 series binge watched it I’ve burned myself out with it . Hanging off starting season 4 for a few weeks .

JudyJudyJudy
On 18/04/2021 at 22:24, Muppetboy said:

Too close, stv. Really decent I thought. Raised some questions about controversial topics as well as being a really good drama. Girl playing Connie was excellent I thought. 8/10

I watched this . It was not too bad . Rather full of cliches though as it seems to follow the usual patient / psychiatrist relationship which started with “ the silence of the lambs “ the prid quo pro ! Good acting though esp the actress who plated Connie as you say but I always rate Emily Watson too 

I P Knightley
On 18/04/2021 at 22:24, Muppetboy said:

Watched Ep 1 last night on the recommendation of a pal following a conversation about Line of Duty (he's a fellow devotee). Jeez, it's nowhere near the same sort of programme; I'll be having words with him.

No doubt it's a good drama and well acted but it's not one to sit back and have a light chuckle at.

William H. Bonney

Started Brooklyn Nine Nine, great for dipping in and out, short episodes and really enjoying it.

I’ve also just started it. Watched about 6 episodes. Not hysterical but pretty funny. 

Bent Coppers-Crossing The Line Of Duty on BBC iPlayer. Documentary about the Met in the 60’s and 70’s and the corrupt officer and how they operated. Amazing what they got away with and how a blind eye was turned to it. 

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bent Coppers-Crossing The Line Of Duty on BBC iPlayer. Documentary about the Met in the 60’s and 70’s and the corrupt officer and how they operated. Amazing what they got away with and how a blind eye was turned to it. 

I watched The Miami show band massacre on Netflix. Sickening. 

Watching the latest version of Stephen King's The Stand on Prime. This miniseries isn't too bad. I still think the best version was on SKY One back in 1994ish. 

Started watching mare of east town with Kate winslet. Decent scene setting first episode with the end showing how things are just about to kick off

25 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Started watching mare of east town with Kate winslet. Decent scene setting first episode with the end showing how things are just about to kick off

im annoyed they have not made all episodes available yet as i was hoping to binge a number of them.

but i agree the first episode seems to have set the scene nicely and i am looking forward to the rest of it

Fire_At_The_Disco

Snowpiercer on Netflix, 2 series of 10 episodes. About life after the earth is wiped out by an ice age lived on a pre designed train.....sounds incredibly shite but is in fact pure genius. I’m on episode 8 of series 2. Stars Jennifer Connelly and laterally Sean Bean. Decent 9/10

19 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Snowpiercer on Netflix, 2 series of 10 episodes. About life after the earth is wiped out by an ice age lived on a pre designed train.....sounds incredibly shite but is in fact pure genius. I’m on episode 8 of series 2. Stars Jennifer Connelly and laterally Sean Bean. Decent 9/10

there was a film 10-15 years ago that was decent about it

Fire_At_The_Disco
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

there was a film 10-15 years ago that was decent about it

I seen that mate with Tilda Swinton in it amongst others.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series