Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Didn’t know this so cheers as like you it my favourite thing on tv 

Do you know how many episodes are in this series as sometimes they only do a couple 

I don’t mate. The one on Monday was a start to finish story. Not part 1 of 2 like they sometimes do. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t mate. The one on Monday was a start to finish story. Not part 1 of 2 like they sometimes do. 

The boy Barry was a nasty piece of work with no conscience. 

It was sickening seeing the injuries to the little girl who he knocked over in the park. Her face was a mess but they didn't have the evidence to do him. 

Well done to the two young girls who provided enough evidence on him after he ditched them both at the same train station. Very brave! 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was sickening seeing the injuries to the little girl who he knocked over in the park. Her face was a mess but they didn't have the evidence to do him. 

Well done to the two young girls who provided enough evidence on him after he ditched them both at the same train station. Very brave! 

Couldn’t agree more. At the start of the show I didn’t think it would turn into a sex crime one but the guy has zero morals. Utter piece of shit. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Couldn’t agree more. At the start of the show I didn’t think it would turn into a sex crime one but the guy has zero morals. Utter piece of shit. 

Will be interesting to learn how much of the sentence he serves. I was (satisfyingly) surprised to learn that he got 18 years. I would be willing to place money on him having committed those crimes before but went unpunished. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Will be interesting to learn how much of the sentence he serves. I was (satisfyingly) surprised to learn that he got 18 years. I would be willing to place money on him having committed those crimes before but went unpunished. 

Think that’s a safe bet unfirtunately. A lot of victims of sexual crimes don’t come forward. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

An utter piece of ####. You'd be hard pressed to find a lower form of life on the planet. 

Hopefully they'll find evidence to charge him on more of his crimes to keep him in there for longer.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I've recorded all episodes of The Serpent and Marcella.

Are they worth watching?

The serpent is really good.

Marcellua has moments, OK at best.

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The serpent is really good.

Marcellua has moments, OK at best.

👍

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Are they worth watching?

I thought the first series of Marcella was very good. The second one not as good but still watchable. 

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I thought the first series of Marcella was very good. The second one not as good but still watchable. 

👍

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Are they worth watching?

The Serpent very much so, not seen Marcella.

The first episode or two of The Serpent can get a bit confusing as it jumps between time lines a lot. You will get used to it though and it's worth sticking with.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The Serpent very much so, not seen Marcella.

The first episode or two of The Serpent can get a bit confusing as it jumps between time lines a lot. You will get used to it though and it's worth sticking with.

👍

JudyJudyJudy

I finished " Your honour".  I was initially enthusiatic about it but it tailed off towards the end.  6/10 for me' Despite the fine actors in it

Spoiler

there will probably be a season 2 ...? judging by the ending where i think he may seek revenge against the Baxters. Im not that bothered though 

Edited by JamesM48

I've watched walking dead and fear the walking dead

There's been slow episodes and times I've got fed up with it but I've generally watched it through.

How BAD is the latest season. Like paint drying and lacking any good characters, so far

Edited by Alan_R

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

I've watched walking dead and fear the walking dead

There's been slow episodes and times I've got fed up with it but I've generally watched it through.

How BAD is the latest season. Like paint drying and lacking any good characters, so far

i stopped watching it years ago in thinking that it wouldnt improve...seems i was right

Edited by JamesM48

Japan Jambo
On 07/03/2021 at 21:19, Jamhammer said:

Just watched the first one. Promising 

Quite enjoying Bloodlands

yup liked that.

In terms of a couple of left field Netflix offerings 'Norsemen' was fun, 'Lupin' was very good too.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

yup liked that.

In terms of a couple of left field Netflix offerings 'Norsemen' was fun, 'Lupin' was very good too.

If you enjoyed Norsemen try Swedish Dicks on Netflix. Same quirky Scandinavian humour. 

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

If you enjoyed Norsemen try Swedish Dicks on Netflix. Same quirky Scandinavian humour. 

Funnily enough I didn't click with that. Does it get better after a few episodes?

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Funnily enough I didn't click with that. Does it get better after a few episodes?

It doesn’t really change that much. I really enjoyed it for some reason even though it’s not my usual type of comedy. 

Watched Allen v Farrow on sky documentaries.  Although you could argue it was only really one side’s story I think it’s clear that Allen is a very strange character and there are major question marks over his conduct (to say the least)

Carl Fredrickson
10 minutes ago, hunts said:

Watched Allen v Farrow on sky documentaries.  Although you could argue it was only really one side’s story I think it’s clear that Allen is a very strange character and there are major question marks over his conduct (to say the least)

I have never been a fan of Allen, didnt "get" his films and as pointed out in the Sky doc, quite a few of them have young females falling for an older guy who was often played by Allen.

I agree with you in that it was one sided and I also have my doubts about him. 

On 27/03/2021 at 16:47, JamesM48 said:

I finished " Your honour".  I was initially enthusiatic about it but it tailed off towards the end.  6/10 for me' Despite the fine actors in it

Reveal hidden contents

there will probably be a season 2 ...? judging by the ending where i think he may seek revenge against the Baxters. Im not that bothered though 

Half way through it and the writing is nothing short of guff

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Half way through it and the writing is nothing short of guff

Well it doesn’t really improve 

Watching quicksand on Netflix. Pretty decent thriller up till episode 4. There is dubbing though as it’s a Swedish production 

Malinga the Swinga

Just finished season 4 of Unforgotten. Tremendous once again with shattering finish. 

Hope we get season 5, but all in air just now. 

Last be of duty will struggle to better this. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 28/03/2021 at 16:18, hunts said:

It was very one sided documentary practically paid for by the Farrow odd ball clan . She is a nasty vindictive women I feel . It’s surely no coincidence that the allegations of one single act of abuse came at the same time as a hitter custody battle . It Makes no sense . If he was an abuser plenty more people would have come forward by now I think .  Maybe I’m biased as I love how films . I’m currently reading his auto biography which is very funny . Although I’ve not got to the abuse allegations part yet when it all turned sour . Allen is unfortunate in that he looks like a bit of a creep so that’s doesn’t work in his favour . Ted Bundy was a handsome  guy but an absolute nut so looks can ge decieving . A trite point but it’s an area he has been judged on , in this social Media trial by jury atmosphere Farrow has come from a very dysfunctional family , dad was abusing her , brother was an abuser , another brother topped   himself , mental health issues rife amongst her family too . Whereas Allen had a very stable happy childhood without any issues . 

Just watched the first episode of The Irregulars on Netflix. Series about the street kids that Sherlock Holmes used to help in his cases. But instead of it being all about him it’s about them dealing with supernatural mysteries. Quite dark but good fun if you like those type of things. What I will say is that they’ve gone colourblind casting mad with it. Dr Watson is black, as is one of the kids. The main one is asian but her sister is white, l don’t mind the best actor for a part no matter what their colour but it’s almost like Netflix in particular is trying to make a point in everything now. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just watched the first episode of The Irregulars on Netflix. Series about the street kids that Sherlock Holmes used to help in his cases. But instead of it being all about him it’s about them dealing with supernatural mysteries. Quite dark but good fun if you like those type of things. What I will say is that they’ve gone colourblind casting mad with it. Dr Watson is black, as is one of the kids. The main one is asian but her sister is white, l don’t mind the best actor for a part no matter what their colour but it’s almost like Netflix in particular is trying to make a point in everything now. 

I tried watching it but just didn’t like it . Yes what’s with all this colour casting changes ? What is the reason ? Serious question  ? As it’s not historically correct as such . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I tried watching it but just didn’t like it . Yes what’s with all this colour casting changes ? What is the reason ? Serious question  ? As it’s not historically correct as such . 

As I said it called colourblind casting in the industry. The argument being instead of writing black characters into plays or films you just write all characters and don’t give an outline of their race. As you can imagine it only goes in one direction realistically. I don’t have a problem with it but it can be a bit heavy handed on occasion. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

As I said it called colourblind casting in the industry. The argument being instead of writing black characters into plays or films you just write all characters and don’t give an outline of their race. As you can imagine it only goes in one direction realistically. I don’t have a problem with it but it can be a bit heavy handed on occasion. 

No neither do I but historically it isn’t accurate as such although much black history is unknown in the U.K. so it can be a good thing but Im Not so keen in changing the colour of fictional characters such as Watson or Holmes but I can understand that there were probably black street urchins in that time but hardly any blsck people in the upper echelons of society if any . 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just finished season 4 of Unforgotten. Tremendous once again with shattering finish. 

Unforgotten  so   ITV

about  to post the same.

A very good watch, thought suspect cop Ram stole the show.

I remember starting to watch s1 and taking  instant dislike. I wasn't  convinced  by Nicola Walker. But I'm going go back to the past series now.

JudyJudyJudy

Looking forward to season 4 of this excellent series. It starts again at the end of April 

Edited by JamesM48

part_time_jambo
On 30/03/2021 at 19:09, Carl Fredrickson said:

Unforgotten. Just watched the last episode, quality TV. 

Agree. Hope that's not the final series.

Seymour M Hersh

Anyone seen Grinder with Rob Lowe? Or that comedy from New Zealand about extra terrestrial cops that they are showing trailers for on Sky?

scott herbertson
On 31/03/2021 at 19:58, part_time_jambo said:

Agree. Hope that's not the final series.

If not the next one might have to be called Undead !

Boston Jambo

I don't know if it's been mentioned already but Zero, Zero, Zero as amazing.

For anyone who enjoyed Narcos it's a must see.

Enjoying The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. Great production values for a TV series. Marvel certainly haven’t scrimped in the budgets. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Enjoying The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. Great production values for a TV series. Marvel certainly haven’t scrimped in the budgets. 

it has been good so far

Ron Burgundy
On 04/04/2021 at 20:36, Boston Jambo said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned already but Zero, Zero, Zero as amazing.

For anyone who enjoyed Narcos it's a must see.

Where can I find this?

JudyJudyJudy

" The Valhalla Murders" on Netflix was pretty good. Set in Iceland and about a serial killer. Another good Nordic noir. 7/10 

On 13/11/2020 at 10:54, Rave MacPherson said:

If you like stupid comedy then try Corner Gas on Amazon. I think i found it funnier that i should have done. 

Also just finished Hap and Leonard, also on amazon, which was really good

Thought I should search the thread to see if it had been recomended previously and only found the one brief mention. Corner Gas on Prime. It's quite old (2004 first series) and Canadian, but has made me chuckle a lot in the half dozen or so I've watched. Cheery and good fun. Try an episode, they're only 20 minutes or so.

11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thought I should search the thread to see if it had been recomended previously and only found the one brief mention. Corner Gas on Prime. It's quite old (2004 first series) and Canadian, but has made me chuckle a lot in the half dozen or so I've watched. Cheery and good fun. Try an episode, they're only 20 minutes or so.

A decent cheery and a bit silly comedy on Netflix is The Crew. Following a NASCAR team behind the scenes. Pretty low budget looking but not something you need to concentrate on if you just want a bit of fluff. 

13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

" The Valhalla Murders" on Netflix was pretty good. Set in Iceland and about a serial killer. Another good Nordic noir. 7/10 

Yeah this was decent. I caught it on iPlayer for anyone who doesn't have Netflix. 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:18, Malinga the Swinga said:

half way through this. It’s brilliant. Nicola Walker is superb

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series