Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

one thing that has got me curious, as Wanda is eating her cereal with milk...where does their grocery supply come from? If nobody can get in and out there is surely a finite amount of food within the town and without supplies they will begin to starve soon

I suppose there are farms etc in the town?  Or she can just magic up the milk with her super powers. ? lol.  Its definitely a mind **** of  a show with really outstanding acting from her in particular. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I suppose there are farms etc in the town?  Or she can just magic up the milk with her super powers. ? lol.  Its definitely a mind **** of  a show with really outstanding acting from her in particular. 

Absolutely, she has been tremendous

I don't think Wanda is behind it all, though she would be powerful enough. I also think Agnes is a curve ball and not the real villain here.

As most theories go, it's probably got a lot to do with Mephisto and Dr Strange will get involved at some point leading to the multi-verse of madness.

But basically if she is conjuring up food for everyone from nothing she is practically Jesus 🤣

As far as Vision goes, I don't think she actually recreated the soul stone, otherwise he would be fully "alive" and would not have begun to disintegrate the second he left the Hex. While he clearly has some free will and isn't a figment of her imagination he clearly isn't fully formed either. 

14 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Absolutely, she has been tremendous

I don't think Wanda is behind it all, though she would be powerful enough. I also think Agnes is a curve ball and not the real villain here.

As most theories go, it's probably got a lot to do with Mephisto and Dr Strange will get involved at some point leading to the multi-verse of madness.

But basically if she is conjuring up food for everyone from nothing she is practically Jesus 🤣

As far as Vision goes, I don't think she actually recreated the soul stone, otherwise he would be fully "alive" and would not have begun to disintegrate the second he left the Hex. While he clearly has some free will and isn't a figment of her imagination he clearly isn't fully formed either. 

Agreed.  IM not entirely au fait with all the Marvel characters. ive seen some of the films. I initially liked the show due to its evocation of earlier sit coms from the 50s 60s etc. They are brilliantly done and as i said the acting really fits each era.  Yes i think Agnes is a curve ball which i didnt see coming. Loving it. 

On 21/02/2021 at 13:07, chester copperpot said:

Faking it on Discovery +

A look into killers body language and how it gives them away. Totally intriguing.

They also have one on Earnstein and one on Prince Andrew

Is it Faking it: tears of a crime? 

13 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Just watched behind her eyes, actually showed a lot of promise the first 3 or 4 episodes then turned a bit supernatural. Shame. 6.5/10

Behind Her Eyes (netflix)

enjoyed it, kept me intrigued to the end where it continually had twists (but lost any reality)

useless info:-

neither male actors were Scottish (David's accent didnt convince, Rob's did)

and Adele was played by Bono's daughter

20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Behind Her Eyes (netflix)

enjoyed it, kept me intrigued to the end where it continually had twists (but lost any reality)

useless info:-

neither male actors were Scottish (David's accent didnt convince, Rob's did)

and Adele was played by Bono's daughter

It was intriguing and watchable but if you only watched one episode you would never have imagined the way it was all going to turn out. Anyway eve hewson is a very beautiful and talented woman

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Frasier is coming back. 

Didn't always appreciate it first time around, but then met an uberfan (she wrote fan fiction, flew out to recordings, stalked DHP, the lot!) in the early 2000s and slowly started to enjoy it. Then was stuck in Tunisia on my own for the six months leading up to the 2012 cup final and it was the only series I'd downloaded on my laptop. Always associate Frasier with that time!

Bit dangerous reviving a classic, and fingers crossed they don't stuff it up.

Bizarrely, I was a huge Cheers fan in the 80's, but never ever watched Frasier.

Nearly finished the Netflix series about the Cecil hotel in Los Angeles and the mysterious murder of Elisa Lam . The whole thing is creepy as feck . It really is bizarre . I think she was on a eccie or MDMA . Her death is too similar to the film “ Dark water “ to be a coincidence so it might be suicide ? Bizarre all round 

Started “ Clarice “ . On episode 3 . Not at all impressed which is such a shame as I’m a massive fan of the books , films and “ Hannibal “ how can they get it so wrong ? Disappointing. It might improve ! 

Late to the party here, finished behind her eyes, it's as though another writer was responsible for the last 2 episode, completely marred the first few epsisode which I really enjoyed.

I have loved it's a sin, very poignant and captured the era perfectly

3/4 of the way through the 2nd season of the crown, have to say it is ****ing brilliant. The acting is exceptional. I don't think the first two seasons are the best either. 

I know it isn't new but anybody watched Money Heist on Netflix? Couple of folk from work recommended it but looks like there's 4 series to catch up on so don't wanna get involved if it's pish 😂

9 hours ago, Simo said:

I know it isn't new but anybody watched Money Heist on Netflix? Couple of folk from work recommended it but looks like there's 4 series to catch up on so don't wanna get involved if it's pish 😂

It's dubbed, iirc. So I could continue. Can't stand dubbed, I can't even watch anything when the sound and lips are out of sync on English speaking films or TV. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's dubbed, iirc. So I could continue. Can't stand dubbed, I can't even watch anything when the sound and lips are out of sync on English speaking films or TV. 

totally get that, hate it.

My son bought me a soundbar for my telly. If Bluetooth, it's all out of sync, spend ages trying to adjust but couldn't do it.

Hard-wired and it's ok.

I occasionally like a sub-title show (eg Spiral or Downfall film is amazing), but they take peace and quiet to watch nd I dont get that.:huh:

16 hours ago, Simo said:

I got bored with it half way  into the second season : it just seems repetitive so ditched it 

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's only dubbed if you choose it to be dubbed. You can go into the audio options on Netflix and set the language to the original.

That said, I didn't rate it. It got too drawn out and silly for me.

48 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's only dubbed if you choose it to be dubbed. You can go into the audio options on Netflix and set the language to the original.

That said, I didn't rate it. It got too drawn out and silly for me.

It's Spanish. I don't speak Spanish, and I can't really watch subtitled films. Unless it's something like The passion of the Christ. 

17 hours ago, benny said:

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Watched the first two episodes.

Think I'm going to love this one.

Aye, it's class. Both seasons. 👍 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Cruyff said:

Aye, it's class. Both seasons. 👍 

And then it stopped. Whether that’s because of covid or other reasons I don’t know. Shame because it was a great series. 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

And then it stopped. Whether that’s because of covid or other reasons I don’t know. Shame because it was a great series. 

Director says it is down to a number of reasons. https://interviewerpr.com/david-fincher-and-vulture-highly-surprised-or-shocked-mindhunter-season-3-aficionados-across-the-planet/

Probably couldn't afford the boy that played Ed Kemper. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It seems to be the way with Netflix a lot. I’ve had a couple of things I’ve really enjoyed that have finished on big cliffhangers only to then be cancelled. 

William H. Bonney
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It seems to be the way with Netflix a lot. I’ve had a couple of things I’ve really enjoyed that have finished on big cliffhangers only to then be cancelled. 

Messiah seems to be another one not being renewed. It’s annoying but as you say, it happens frequently. 
I remember being really invested in a tv series called Alcatraz  which they cancelled after one season. 

Edited by Furious Styles

On 25/02/2021 at 10:09, jonesy said:

Two shows had a real different pace, I think. Cheers maybe more fun, Frasier more theatrical/farcical. Both clever shows though, with brilliantly sketched characters.

Do you think you can see the john cleese influence in Kelsey grammars acting in Fraser? Obvious comparison but lots of similarities in his reactions etc. 

Frasier wasn't even the best character in the show.

Niles steals it, but the ensemble is superb all-round.
Think this re-boot is going to fall flat on its face.

26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Never thought about that before, but it makes sense - egotistical, buffoon, sets himself up for a fall all the time... very Basil Fawlty.

It might be a lazy comparison but I think you can see the Fawlty influence.   Brilliant sit com though.  It was until they put daphne and miles together.  

haveyouheard1874
On 24/02/2021 at 17:53, indianajones said:

The Shield is on Prime just now.

Really enjoyed that. 

Brilliant from start til  finish. Started watching it again the other week and still thoroughly  enjoyable 

Edited by haveyouheard1874

On 27/02/2021 at 21:44, Cruyff said:

Director says it is down to a number of reasons. https://interviewerpr.com/david-fincher-and-vulture-highly-surprised-or-shocked-mindhunter-season-3-aficionados-across-the-planet/

Probably couldn't afford the boy that played Ed Kemper. :lol:

That is one of the most poorly written articles I have ever read.

First of 5 bonus episodes of Walking Dead was on Fox earlier in the week. Very disappointing in case anyone was looking forward to it. Lower your expectations.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

First of 5 bonus episodes of Walking Dead was on Fox earlier in the week. Very disappointing in case anyone was looking forward to it. Lower your expectations.

People still have high expectations for The Walking Dead? :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

People still have high expectations for The Walking Dead? :lol: 

I had stopped watching it in the first series Negan appeared in. I then binged it during Christmas lockdown and got back into it. Last series looming so may as well keep going.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Saw it was back. First time I've not rushed to watch it. 😐

Against my better judgement I continued watching the rest of Behind Her Eyes 

Poor acted pish, the "twist" was telegraphed (or astral planed) and was so ludicrous it was insulting to everyone's intillegence.

heartgarfunkel

Late to this party

Babylon Berlin - magic

Deutschland 83 - loved it, will need to watch 86 and 89

Ted Lasso - tried to hate it, loved it

The Goalscoring Knee
26 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Late to this party

Deutschland 83 - loved it, will need to watch 86 and 89

Likewise. Normally live on The Terrace on match days.

Deutchsland 86 very good.

Anyone else mentioned Call My Agent on Netflix?

16 hours ago, Cade said:

+1 for Deutchsland '86.

A superb sequel to '83.

'89 starts next week I think.

Started last night.  All the episodes are available online.

50 minutes ago, AWM said:

Started last night.  All the episodes are available online.

That's this weekend sorted then

Watched gogglebox the other night and they were watching a programme called your honour which looks really decent. Anyone seen it yet?

Carl Fredrickson
9 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Watched gogglebox the other night and they were watching a programme called your honour which looks really decent. Anyone seen it yet?

I enjoyed it. You can find lots of faults in it but I thought it was a decent watch. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series