Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

Mr Inbetween 

great show, very dark in places and some very funny scenes

A great little series. As you say, some very dark stuff in there, but some real laugh out loud moments.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta

Just binge watched the remaining episodes of Vikings. I thought they were tremendous, great finish to it as well. Now I’m absolutely gutted it’s all over, probably my favourite tv show ever.

Without trying to teach your granny to suck eggs.

If you use a VPN, it's worth setting to USA, you'll get a lot more options when in Netflix.

I'm on s3 of Bloodline, only available in Netflix USA or Cinema HD/ Iptv

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just binge watched the remaining episodes of Vikings. I thought they were tremendous, great finish to it as well. Now I’m absolutely gutted it’s all over, probably my favourite tv show ever.

First episode of the new series was a return to form, looking forward to the rest.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Without trying to teach your granny to suck eggs.

If you use a VPN, it's worth setting to USA, you'll get a lot more options when in Netflix.

I'm on s3 of Bloodline, only available in Netflix USA or Cinema HD/ Iptv

Also get the US Shameless episodes about a year before UK Netflix - if you like that sort of thing.

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

First episode of the new series was a return to form, looking forward to the rest.

Like that right until the end, great stuff. Enjoy it bud👍

Watched Money Heist on Netflix recently and was the best series I've watched in a long time, was pretty engrossing although they potentially dragged out the last series a bit. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Started watching Succession. Only watched two episodes but so far, so good. 

Watched this last year. Fantastic

Samuel Camazzola

The Serpent. New BBC series which started last week but all eight episodes are available on the iPlayer. 

Set in the 70s in Bangkok and based on true events, I wasn't aware of this story before. I watched this without reading any previews etc and it made it more compelling. 

It plods along at a canter throughout but having the option of watching episode on demand helps get into this easily. 

Definitely recommended for anyone looking for something new. 👍 

Just binged Season 3 of Cobra Kai , absolute quality. Step up even from the first two seasons. Still slaying the Karate Kid thing while putting a modern twist on it. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Just binged Season 3 of Cobra Kai , absolute quality. Step up even from the first two seasons. Still slaying the Karate Kid thing while putting a modern twist on it. 

They absolutely nailed that series. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They absolutely nailed that series. 

Superb wasn’t it and perfectly set up for season 4 half expected Terry or Mike Barnes to walk into shot at the end beside Kreese alongside Robby 🤣

Adam_the_legend

Right stuff on Disney+ It’s about the early days of the American astronaut program. Kind of like a spiritual prequel

to Apollo 13. 

Edited by Adam_the_legend
Spelling

Not for everyone but I just watched the first episode of The Great. Very tongue in cheek story of the rise of Catherine The Great of Russia. Impressions so far are very well made and written with a decent cast. 
However I’ve now set a series link on my TiVo as I downloaded the All4 app onto it to catch up on it. What a truly awful app. Loads of great content, easy to navigate compared to iPlayer. Then you discover it isn’t HD, it’s not even particularly good SD. It’s like going 30 years into the past the quality is so bad. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Superb wasn’t it and perfectly set up for season 4 half expected Terry or Mike Barnes to walk into shot at the end beside Kreese alongside Robby 🤣

It has been bud. Bringing back all the old characters was genius. 

Adam_the_legend
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not for everyone but I just watched the first episode of The Great. Very tongue in cheek story of the rise of Catherine The Great of Russia. Impressions so far are very well made and written with a decent cast. 
However I’ve now set a series link on my TiVo as I downloaded the All4 app onto it to catch up on it. What a truly awful app. Loads of great content, easy to navigate compared to iPlayer. Then you discover it isn’t HD, it’s not even particularly good SD. It’s like going 30 years into the past the quality is so bad. 

Totally agree. 4 On Demand was the first (maybe, certainly one of) streaming services to n the UK and by all accounts has not been updated since those early days. Incredible they went from pacesetters to dinosaurs. 

Damn. Was just about to head to bed a couple of hours ago and saw on iPlayer there is a new Attenborough series The Perfect Planet. So had to watch a couple of episodes. These programmes never fail to produce the goods. I’m in my 50’s and have been obsessed with wildlife programmes since I was a kid and thought I was pretty knowledgable about most things. Yet every one of these I discover more amazing things about nature. 
All I’m going to say is if you watch even just the first episode your mind will be blown by something I didn’t think existed and would never have imagined. Galapagos finches astonishing behaviour. 

Mr Inbetween.

3 episodes in.Will binge watch season1 and 2 from today.

Loving it so far.

Aussie TV.

Edited by benny

2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Staged on Iplayer. Might not be everyones cup of tea but I am loving it. 

I get the feeling Michael will be the new Doctor Who. 

Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Disney+.

Never thought I'd enjoy an animated TV series this much. Only on the first season but it's great fun.

1 hour ago, Ritchez said:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Disney+.

Never thought I'd enjoy an animated TV series this much. Only on the first season but it's great fun.

Great show, gets better as it progresses.

The last 4 episodes of season 7 are up there with the best SW.

Rebels is well worth watching too once you're done. 😁

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Great show, gets better as it progresses.

The last 4 episodes of season 7 are up there with the best SW.

Rebels is well worth watching too once you're done. 😁

Is Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie worth watching? I've just noticed this is set before the TV series.

Yeah I'll get Rebels on the go afterwards.

53 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Is Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie worth watching? I've just noticed this is set before the TV series.

Yeah I'll get Rebels on the go afterwards.

Hmmm nah the movie is a bit shit tbh other than it being an introduction to Ahsoka. 

🙂

Greedy Jambo

Well, the 2nd episode of surviving death was all about mediums... 

Sorry, but i just can't believe that shit. They seem like normal people as well, then suddenly they put on this voice of a old man and you're just pissing yourself laughing.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

luckyBatistuta
53 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Well, the 2nd episode of surviving death was all about mediums... 

Sorry, but i just can't believe that shit. They seem like normal people as well, then suddenly they put on this voice of a old man and you're just pissing yourself laughing.

Can’t abide watching stuff like that. My wife is in to all that. Goes to one every now and then and thinks it is incredible what they know about you. It’s easier now for these imposters than it’s ever been with folks posting their whole life on social media. Preying on people’s heartbreak, scummy as imo.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t abide watching stuff like that. My wife is in to all that. Goes to one every now and then and thinks it is incredible what they know about you. It’s easier now for these imposters than it’s ever been with folks posting their whole life on social media. Preying on people’s heartbreak, scummy as imo.

I think they're just highly skilled in taking folk for mugs, years and years of doing it, maybe some of them actually believe it's spiritual. 

Pretty easy to talk to someone in their 60's and ask if they've lost their dad etc. 

The first episode was pretty good though, it was people that have actually died and what they experienced, all very similar stories. 

I'll continue to watch with an open mind, there's a young boy that told his mum that he thinks he used to be someone else coming up...

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think they're just highly skilled in taking folk for mugs, years and years of doing it, maybe some of them actually believe it's spiritual. 

Pretty easy to talk to someone in their 60's and ask if they've lost their dad etc. 

The first episode was pretty good though, it was people that have actually died and what they experienced, all very similar stories. 

I'll continue to watch with an open mind, there's a young boy that told his mum that he thinks he used to be someone else coming up...

Heard things like this so many times. The only thing I’ve been told by anyone I can’t explain is one my mum has told me. As a teenager she got talked in to doing a Ouija board at a party. She wasn’t friends with anyone doing it and she told me it started moving on it’s own. When they asked it who it was, it spelt out the name Minnie. My mums mother who had died years before when she was a very young child was nicknamed Minnie and nobody in that room could possibly have known it and she ran out of the room terrified.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Heard things like this so many times. The only thing I’ve been told by anyone I can’t explain is one my mum has told me. As a teenager she got talked in to doing a Ouija board at a party. She wasn’t friends with anyone doing it and she told me it started moving on it’s own. When they asked it who it was, it spelt out the name Minnie. My mums mother who had died years before when she was a very young child was nicknamed Minnie and nobody in that room could possibly have known it and she ran out of the room terrified.

Yeah, that's pretty freaky. 

I've been told stories from my gran and my cousin about things they've experienced and you're just like nahhhhhhh. 

Hard to believe it when you've not experienced it yourself.

I would like to do the oujia board, but it would have to be with people i trust, I'd be suspicious of folk pushing it etc, haha. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, that's pretty freaky. 

I've been told stories from my gran and my cousin about things they've experienced and you're just like nahhhhhhh. 

Hard to believe it when you've not experienced it yourself.

I would like to do the oujia board, but it would have to be with people i trust, I'd be suspicious of folk pushing it etc, haha. 

But if you do it with people you know, then they can definitely fix it to match you, as they’ll know so much about your personal life. This is why I can’t explain my mother’s one and it wasn’t a common name/nickname either.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

But if you do it with people you know, then they can definitely fix it to match you, as they’ll know so much about your personal life. This is why I can’t explain my mother’s one and it wasn’t a common name/nickname either.

Aye, i mean folk you know that have not done it before. 

I'm no doing it on my own, cos i'll shit my pants if light bulbs start smashing. 

I remember watching a James Randi show years ago where he was presented to a TV studio of about 200 people as a famous American medium. Fascinating to watch as he narrowed it down to one woman in the room and gave her all the answers she wanted to hear. 
Then he admitted he wasn’t a medium but someone who exposed them and explained the process of what he’d done to the entire room. A few basic tricks and a lot of showmanship had them all totally fooled. 

On 31/12/2020 at 13:10, jack D and coke said:

Your Honor.

Brian Cranston of BB fame. 
He’s a judge and his son is involved in a hit and run of a crime boss’ son. 
It’s pretty good. 

Two episodes in tonight and not disappointed.

Just know I'm going to enjoy this.

Cinema HD

I’ve just been having a look at my Netflix history and it’s fair to say I’ve watched some utter guff in the las 10 months. A couple of gems though. 
If you enjoy a well made western then Godless on Netflix is a beauty. Different sort of take on the genre but incredibly well made. 

The Boys on Amazon. Superhero's gone bad. Good adult fun but kind of reflects the misinformation shit show in America at the moment

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

The Boys on Amazon. Superhero's gone bad. Good adult fun but kind of reflects the misinformation shit show in America at the moment

Brilliant show. Good recommendation. 

alwaysthereinspirit

These past two weeks the wife and I have binge watched

Derry girls

3 episodes left of Suburra (awesome)

1 episode left of World War II in color. (Intense)

JKB was made for this thread.

alwaysthereinspirit

These past two weeks the wife and I have binge watched

Derry girls

3 episodes left of Suburra (awesome)

1 episode left of World War II in color. (Intense)

JKB The Shed was made for this thread.

JudyJudyJudy
On 07/01/2021 at 19:17, luckyBatistuta said:

Yes they are Charlatans . One of My female friend goes to them Despite me telling her they are at it . They can easily get info about people from facdbook / Twitter etc . In the old days they did it differently . Doris stokes used to keep all her fan letters sent from people around the U.K. and file them . When she visited a town she would look out the fan letters from people from that town and use the information in them at her shows . Ie if old Margaret had wrote to her telling her all her life story and how she was missing her dead hubby etc . Surprisingly a voice “

would come through “ that night from dead hubby at the show ? She rightly predicted that most who wrote to her would attend the shows . My friend had a reading which could have basically been about anyone ! “ you aren’t happy in your present job “ “ I see big changes at work “ “ you have been hurt in a relationship” etc 

On 07/01/2021 at 20:39, Tazio said:

I remember watching a James Randi show years ago where he was presented to a TV studio of about 200 people as a famous American medium. Fascinating to watch as he narrowed it down to one woman in the room and gave her all the answers she wanted to hear. 
Then he admitted he wasn’t a medium but someone who exposed them and explained the process of what he’d done to the entire room. A few basic tricks and a lot of showmanship had them all totally fooled. 

Yes see above 

On 07/01/2021 at 19:23, Greedy Jambo said:

I'll continue to watch with an open mind, there's a young boy that told his mum that he thinks he used to be someone else coming up...

Complete fraudsters, the lot of them. Derren Brown, and James Randi mentioned above, have both done a good job of exposing these chancers for what they are. 

I’ve been bashing out the old hells kitchens watched first season just on last ep of second season now .

first season was better than the second 

Ramsey is funny in them just his reactions and facial expressions feel sorry for JP gets all the stick from the customers 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series