• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve just watched the first episode of The Liberator on Netflix. Interesting concept in that it’s a 4 part series of 50 minute episode about an American platoon fighting their way through Europe in WWII but it’s animated instead of live action. Enjoying it so far. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just watched the first episode of The Liberator on Netflix. Interesting concept in that it’s a 4 part series of 50 minute episode about an American platoon fighting their way through Europe in WWII but it’s animated instead of live action. Enjoying it so far. 

I’ve ended up bingeing this. Very well made show, and turns out it’s based on a true story. 

Second series of “ The Alienist “ on Netflix . It’s really good . About a Freudian type psychologist who solves murders in late 19th century New York 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Second series of “ The Alienist “ on Netflix . It’s really good . About a Freudian type psychologist who solves murders in late 19th century New York 

I enjoyed it but was a bit disappointed he wasn’t the central character in this season. 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I enjoyed it but was a bit disappointed he wasn’t the central character in this season. 

I’m only on episode 3 but have noticed the female character seems to be the lead 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m only on episode 3 but have noticed the female character seems to be the lead 

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve ended up bingeing this. Very well made show, and turns out it’s based on a true story. 

Was gonna ask if anyone had seen it. Looks a bit weird but have it on my list 

Ratched on Netflix

Absolute pish, basically American Horror story- Cuckoo's nest with a bit of Hannibal thrown in to a poorly judged  Hitchcock tribute.

Every single person in it,at one point, acted completely out of line with the character which instead of making it edgy or suspenseful just seemed ridiculously stupid.

Avoid at all costs 

10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Latest episode of the Mandalorian...very short but 👍👍👍

Nerd-tastic.

Referencing both Clone Wars and Rebels cartoon series.

:yas:

On 16/05/2019 at 16:38, Gavman81 said:

The Virtues started last night on four. Shane  Meadows and Stephen Graham - I’m hooked and thought it was brillaint.

Powerful as you’d expect from those two. 

Just watched this on C4 catchup, very good.

Thought I would search and see if it had been recommended when first aired.

Edited by Tommy Brown

On 13/11/2020 at 19:19, Bozi said:

Ratched on Netflix

Absolute pish, basically American Horror story- Cuckoo's nest with a bit of Hannibal thrown in to a poorly judged  Hitchcock tribute.

Every single person in it,at one point, acted completely out of line with the character which instead of making it edgy or suspenseful just seemed ridiculously stupid.

Avoid at all costs 

Yes its a real insult to a great book and film. The character of Ratchet was not a " horror" character.  Thats what made her even more scary.  Travesty really. 

On 14/11/2020 at 11:44, Hector Riva said:

Just finished Nordic noir thriller 'Midnight sun' very good. 8/10

Never heard of it but just read up on it. Itll be on my next to watch last after " Fargo " season 4 and ive still to finished second season of " The Alienist" which has been harrowing but riveting. 

7 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Just finished the first series of Stranger Things on Netflix. Really enjoying it.

The other two series are just as good.

At least, I think they are.

Random Netflix find a few nights ago was Swedish Dicks, very quirky comedy about 2 Swedish private detectives working in LA. Keanu Reeves bizarrely is in it as well. I enjoyed it but it might not be for everyone but if you like your comedies a bit different it’s worth some of your time, nice short episodes as well. 

Edited by Tazio

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Random Netflix find a few nights ago was Swedish Dicks, very quirky comedy about 2 Swedish private detectives working in LA. Keanu Reeves bizarrely is in it as well. I enjoyed it but it might not be for everyone but if you like your comedies a bit different it’s worth some of your time, nice short episodes as well. 

Is it a bit like Lillyhammer in the way it is filmed? 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Is it a bit like Lillyhammer in the way it is filmed? 

Not really as it’s set in LA so a different type of quirky character, but it does the culture clash thing but in reverse. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Not really as it’s set in LA so a different type of quirky character, but it does the culture clash thing but in reverse. 

Alright. Sound, might give it a watch. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Alright. Sound, might give it a watch. Cheers.

It does that nice thing where every episode is a different case but there’s a thread running through the whole series. 

I watched supernatural Series, sorry! Season 15. (It's an American show after all) jury is still out whether it's going in the Dexter finale bin or not. The Mrs loved it, me? ⚖️

Edited by ri Alban

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Undoing last night, 6 part series. Sort of murder, mystery thriller. Decent so far with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman who at 53 should be (probably is) in the older women I fancy thread.

On 20/11/2020 at 04:42, ri Alban said:

I watched supernatural Series, sorry! Season 15. (It's an American show after all) jury is still out whether it's going in the Dexter finale bin or not. The Mrs loved it, me? ⚖️

Didn’t realise there was another episode. 😭 V sad. 

Just finished season 2 of “ The Alienist “ it’s been superb . Brilliant riveting last couple episodes . Now on to season 4 of “ Fargo “ quirky , mad and superb too . 

Cairneyhill Jambo

Shooter on Netflix is decent. On to season 3 now and its been good. 

Not a series, but the film  Peanut Butter Falcon, on Netflix is really good. If the missus is looking for something to watch, you'll get brownie points putting this on. 

Code 404; on sky was funny.   Stephen Graham, Daniel mays. 

Still watching Prodigal on sky, I like it.   Sheen has a good part to play and plays it very well.   Same structured episodes but you get a new piece of the main characters troubled past.   I am hooked.   You get some exciting, crazy funny episodes.   Not a normal detective series like miami vice or sherlock Holmes.   It's quite wild. 

On 18/11/2020 at 22:36, Tazio said:

Just finished this. Thanks for the recommend. I loved it. Looking forward to S3. Its a hoot!

56 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just finished this. Thanks for the recommend. I loved it. Looking forward to S3. Its a hoot!

Sadly season 3 is looking unlikely. It’s almost 3 years since season 2 was first screened. 

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sadly season 3 is looking unlikely. It’s almost 3 years since season 2 was first screened. 

Booo

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Started watching Man Down for some strange reason and I'm hooked. Silly nonsense but I'm addicted.

I did exactly the same last week. Really enjoyed it and I dont really know why.

On 22/11/2020 at 17:42, ri Alban said:

Didn’t realise there was another episode. 😭 V sad. 

Loved Supernatural.

No doubt first 5 series were the best but have enjoyed it all the way till its conclusion.

Looking forward to seeing Jensen Ackles (Dean)  in the next season of The Boys

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 18/11/2020 at 22:36, Tazio said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Just finished both series. Really enjoyed it. Traci Lords in it was a bonus too. 🙂

10 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Just finished both series. Really enjoyed it. Traci Lords in it was a bonus too. 🙂

My attention has been grabbed.

Will watch.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Mandalorian S2 Ep. 5 😍

Reveal hidden contents

Baby Yoda has a name 😁

Good episode. Though the first few minutes look like they are animated which I found a bit distracting. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series