Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Ratched, 7/10. Never saw one flew over or read the book so I had no background knowledge whatsoever. Can tell it’s a Ryan Murphy production right away. Having liked American horror story,  it’s obvious his style is evident all throughout the series. Enjoyed it and apparently a second season is in the works

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Binged The Boys S2 over the last couple of days. 

Spoiler

Every bit as good as S1 but the "nazi superheroes" was already done on Watchmen and didn't really feel original on the Boys.
Also, The Deep just kind of hung around as if the writers didn't have a clue what to do with him.

40 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Barbarians on Netflix is pretty good if you can be arsed with subtitles. 

Good to hear, it popped up in my recommendations yesterday. I’m mad for a bit of Roman Empire nonsense. 

On 21/10/2020 at 11:30, Muppetboy said:

Ratched, 7/10. Never saw one flew over or read the book so I had no background knowledge whatsoever. Can tell it’s a Ryan Murphy production right away. Having liked American horror story,  it’s obvious his style is evident all throughout the series. Enjoyed it and apparently a second season is in the works

It’s An insult to the film and the book. Nurse Ratchet was not a “ horror “ character , that’s what made her so scary . A sociopath with a powerful position . Her past was never told in the book or film so Murphy is just making it all up . I love “ American horror story “ and most of Murphys output which is usually high quality . But I’ll probably skip this 

Edited by JamesM48

On 21/10/2020 at 14:43, Van Wilder said:

The Exorcist on prime is a great watch.

Yes that was great 

Snowfall - 8/10. Drama set in 80s South LA. Start of the drug epidemic. Focuses on dealers, gangs and CIA/American government involvement. 3 series so far, series 4 on hold due to Covid. 

Available on BBC iplayer

15 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Snowfall - 8/10. Drama set in 80s South LA. Start of the drug epidemic. Focuses on dealers, gangs and CIA/American government involvement. 3 series so far, series 4 on hold due to Covid. 

Available on BBC iplayer

Great show

Samuel Camazzola

Started on Sky Atlantic's new showing, The Outsider. Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Edgar Ramirez all star in it. 

First episode is quite intriguing. Set in New York in the winter where Hugh (a doctor) and Nicole (a shrink) are a married couple with a son in an affluent area. The story is set up after Nicole and her school mum chums meet a young mum who joins their fundraising committee. 

A bonus bit of muff is viewed on episode 1! 👍 

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Started on Sky Atlantic's new showing, The Outsider. Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Edgar Ramirez all star in it. 

First episode is quite intriguing. Set in New York in the winter where Hugh (a doctor) and Nicole (a shrink) are a married couple with a son in an affluent area. The story is set up after Nicole and her school mum chums meet a young mum who joins their fundraising committee. 

A bonus bit of muff is viewed on episode 1! 👍 

The Undoing not outsider

Seymour M Hersh
On 20/10/2020 at 07:28, neilnunb said:

New trailer

I like the look of the trailers on TV but I'm damned if I'm coughing up more money for the Disney Chanel to watch it. Virgin get more than enough from me every month.

30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I like the look of the trailers on TV but I'm damned if I'm coughing up more money for the Disney Chanel to watch it. Virgin get more than enough from me every month.

Aye, it's £60 for the year. They stopped the week's trial too.

I got the year's membership earlier in the year for £50 purely for the Mandalorian and the Clone Wars final season. Tbh because of all the planned SW stuff I'll probably continue with it. I've already watched the first season of the Mandalorian over 10 times 🤣

On 11/10/2020 at 17:09, Muppetboy said:

Watching the haunting of bly manor and it’s started very promisingly

Watching this, after watching The Haunting of Hill House. 4 episodes in and enjoying it.

The wee girl is nippy though. Certainly not 'perfectly splendid'. 

William H. Bonney
12 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Watching this, after watching The Haunting of Hill House. 4 episodes in and enjoying it.

****ing peppa pig 

14 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Poor acting I thought but really good story, I’m on the haunting of hill house just now, just as creepy. 

The long way up. Ewen Mcgregor and Charlie Boardman on leccy HD motorbikes on a 15000mile road trip from the tip of South America to L.A.  Love it. Interesting insight to Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Mexico. Great Vitas. Series not finished yet but nearly. 8/10 so far. 

Mandalorian is brilliant.  

Like a one-man A-team.

Lots of easter eggs and references for the hardcore Star Wars nerds too.

Favreau really understands the material he's working with.

On 27/10/2020 at 23:39, Lemongrab said:

I started watching this after it was recommended by a friend. Had my doubts but gave it a go. Binned after 2 episodes. Utter nonsense and that wee lassie was brutal. 

Few folk mentioning Disney  plus. Not a tv series but 'Miracle' is on there now. About the American ice hockey team in the Olympics. It's a great watch for any sports fan even if youre not into hockey.

It's dramatised but follows real events.

Cannae mind the name of it, but the american bbq competition on netflix is a decent watch, loads of smokers on the go and full roast pigs. 

It's got me back watching master chef now. 

Making my way through All or Nothing NFL seasons on Amazon Prime.

I don't know much about the NFL as I haven't watched it since it was on C4 30 years ago but I really like the behind the scenes stuff, kind of like the Michael Jordan thing on Netflix.

On 02/10/2020 at 19:14, Greedy Jambo said:

Schitt's Creek

Not my usual scene but gets the job done. 

On 03/10/2020 at 02:56, graygo said:

Going to start watching this tomorrow, wife's instructions.

Getting there. Season 4, episode 4 tonight.

It's not great but does lighten up the mood a bit during this pandemic shitshow.

William H. Bonney

Truth seekers on Amazon prime is decent so far. 
simon pegg and nick frost. 

Nick frost is an amateur paranormal investigator 

On 04/11/2020 at 21:08, Pans Jambo said:

The Boys on Amazon.

Weird, Funny, Gruesome, Entertaining.

Really enjoyable, Anthony Starr deserves an award for his performance as homelander, maybe an Emmy? 

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Really enjoyable, Anthony Starr deserves an award for his performance as homelander, maybe an Emmy? 

I just finished this last night. That last scene on the top of the skyscraper :lol:

I recently binged "The Queens Gambit" on Netflix.

About an orphan lass who grows up to become the worlds best chess player.

Now I dont play chess but somehow they managed to make this show gripping enough despite how boring for non-chess players it is to see.

Really enjoyed it 8/10

Edited by Pans Jambo

Think a lot might not like the latest episode of the Mandalorian as it'll maybe be seen as filler but I didn't mind it in that you see more of the relationship developing with Mando and the Child. 🤔

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Shittz Creek - gotta be honest, I loved it and watched it all in a week.

Alexis is a ride too

A week? Bloody hell I thought we were binging on it and we've still got a dozen episodes to go after a month.

Alexis is a ride but I think I'd need to gag her.

chester copperpot
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

A week? Bloody hell I thought we were binging on it and we've still got a dozen episodes to go after a month.

Alexis is a ride but I think I'd need to gag her.

She's a nippy sweetie but I just love love love her.

I'd eat her shite on a piece 😂

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

She's a nippy sweetie but I just love love love her.

I'd eat her shite in a field 😂

FTFY 😄

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series