Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

William H. Bonney
14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's easy viewing eh, you can just stick it on and bugger about with yer potato chips. 

That Fargo though, bloody random, you don't know whether you're coming or going. 

There’s a particular scene in season 2 that is a proper wtf moment. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron Burgundy
On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 15:18, AlphonseCapone said:

I also watched this yesterday and enjoyed it. I think it's correct to say that society is obssessed with murder documentaries and so Netflix like other networks are cashing in on that but I don't see the problem. People arent forced to watch these things and society has always been fascinated by the macabre, technology just means there is much more of it. 

I don't think the quoted documentary was any worse than others but I suppose some folk struggled with the fact it was almost all from first person perspectives through body cams, Web cams, social media etc. 

Overall I'd say its a free society of adults who can watch whatever they like within the confines of the law, popularity will dictate what networks promote. But with all due respect to those upset, if you stuck on a documentary that described itself as using first hand accounts of a tragic story of a missing woman and her two kids and the shocking events they unfolded, and are surprised you found it upsetting, quite frankly they shouldn't be allowed to control their own remotes or TV viewing. 

I watched this last night.

Some humans defy belief. I can understand to a degree why a person kills their spouse/ partner, they're just evil and selfish but to cold bloodedly kill your kids is beyond that.

Just to clarify I am not condoning killing your spouse.

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Some humans defy belief. I can understand to a degree why a person kills their spouse/ partner, they're just evil and selfish but to cold bloodedly kill your kids is beyond that.

I know what you mean, obviously he shouldn't have killed his wife but the kids were almost after the fact, can't believe anyone could do that.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You hadnt met mine otherwise you might change your view. 

Somebody feed phil - Phil Rosenthal, writer and creator of Everybody Loves Raymond doing a food tour of the world. It's a bit of light fluff. 

He's kinda annoying at the start if you don't know him but he grows on you and you leave thinking, what a brilliant lovely man.

Greedy Jambo
On 07/10/2020 at 21:30, Muppetboy said:

Really enjoying ratched just now, have a soft spot for Sarah Paulson and American horror story. 8/10

I started to watch that American Horror Story the other day and ended up getting in to it. 

It was a bit meh at first but when the main warlock showed his real face and that wee nerdy lassie caused an explosion that flung him across the room, i was like, now yer talking. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I started to watch that American Horror Story the other day and ended up getting in to it. 

It was a bit meh at first but when the main warlock showed his real face and that wee nerdy lassie caused an explosion that flung him across the room, i was like, now yer talking. 

Some of the seasons are better than others but on the whole it’s watchable. 

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

It's something we've always said we'd watch but haven't yet.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Aye, it seemed like it would be like that to me. 

A bit like Schitts creek, not great, but comfortable time passing viewing. 

just finished series 2 of the boys, geat tv, some wtf moments but very good. Glad i waited so i could binge it in a few days rather than waiting a week between episodes

52 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just finished series 2 of the boys, geat tv, some wtf moments but very good. Glad i waited so i could binge it in a few days rather than waiting a week between episodes

One hell of a last episode. 

On 04/10/2020 at 15:16, AndyNic said:

Spoiler alert :lol:

I think the summary of the documentary is in its title. :) 

On 09/10/2020 at 20:19, Muppetboy said:

I love AHS . Some seasons are better than others. General consensus among fans is " Asylum" is the best followed by " Murder house". They would be in my book although i liked " Coven" and " Freakshow" and " Hotel" the rest are average. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I love AHS . Some seasons are better than others. General consensus among fans is " Asylum" is the best followed by " Murder house". They would be in my book although i liked " Coven" and " Freakshow" and " Hotel" the rest are average. 

Yeah the very first series was excellent as was freak show. Watch it every year although I’m not sure it’s out soon or not?

58 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah the very first series was excellent as was freak show. Watch it every year although I’m not sure it’s out soon or not?

Think it is on hold due to CV. 

Yeah just checked up on it may begin filming next month

Edited by JamesM48

Currently watching The Mole, a 2 part documentary on iPlayer. About a Danish guy who goes undercover in North Korea for 10 years, befriending powerful people and brokering big-money underground arms deals. Quite scary stuff to think who else they could be making such deals with. 

Watched 5 episodes of Prodigal Son on Sky. Think I'll give up. Started very promising but just getting cheesier every episode. Recently enjoyed Condor and now that the second series of The Boys is complete will tuning into that. Zerzerozero, looks very good.

13 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Finished S2 of the Boys on Prime. Fantastic viewing. 

I was genuinely sad when I finished the last episode of S2, it's just the best thing ever IMO.

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I was genuinely sad when I finished the last episode of S2, it's just the best thing ever IMO.

Me too. Not many shows leave me wanting more, most I can wait for the next series no problem but The Boys has got under my skin. I love it. 

57 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Me too. Not many shows leave me wanting more, most I can wait for the next series no problem but The Boys has got under my skin. I love it. 

i'm really looking forward to series 3 with jensen ackles as the main villain solder boy

The haunting of hill house, bared with it for a good while but ended up giving up, it was all over the place. 

I've noticed that a lot of the netflix own series are like that, must be the same folk making them. 

On 11/10/2020 at 18:52, Ray Gin said:

Currently watching The Mole, a 2 part documentary on iPlayer. About a Danish guy who goes undercover in North Korea for 10 years, befriending powerful people and brokering big-money underground arms deals. Quite scary stuff to think who else they could be making such deals with. 

Watched part 1 tonight - Mental!

On 11/10/2020 at 18:52, Ray Gin said:

Watched part 1 tonight - Mental!

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I see Dexter is coming back. I know a lot of folk hated the ending but I still loved the show overall.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/dexter-one-of-tvs-best-known-serial-killers-to-return-for-a-new-season-12104373

If it allows them to fix what was a ridiculous ending to the original show, good. If it's just to cash in on the show's name and is more of the same of the last season, not so good.

I'll watch it as I loved the show's premise and first few seasons, but I'm not holding out great hopes for it.

7 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

If it allows them to fix what was a ridiculous ending to the original show, good. If it's just to cash in on the show's name and is more of the same of the last season, not so good.

I'll watch it as I loved the show's premise and first few seasons, but I'm not holding out great hopes for it.

my thoughts as well, it was great upto and including series 4. it seemed to jump the shark after that

Absentia - an FBI agent who has been missing for 6 years is found alive. it centres around finding out what happened to her, dealing with her return and a serial killer on the loose. i have only watched the first series so far (there are 3). All on amazon prime

The haunting of Bly manor, 7/10 . Quite enjoyable ghost story featuring a few of the cast from the haunting of hill house.

mainly a character driven programme, bit of a shortage of genuine scares for me though but immersive none the less

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 15:03, Carl Fredrickson said:

Friday's seem so empty now :cry_smile:

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Football tonight will hopefully ease the pain.....

Its Hearts so may well add to it. Fingers crossed though.

Tenaciousdandy
On 15/10/2020 at 12:54, Ray Gin said:

Original writers (pre season 5) or GTF.

This loved dexter until they changed the writers 

Just finished first series of The Boys.  Just brilliant. Thanks to this thread and those who recommended it  👍👍

love Elizabeth Shue

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Apparently the wee girl in bly manor is the girl that does the voice of peppa pig

If anyone cares lol

Peppa Pig scare me more than Bly Manor.

NB the wee lassie was also in Eastenders. 

On 15/10/2020 at 11:11, milky_26 said:

my thoughts as well, it was great upto and including series 4. it seemed to jump the shark after that

Should have ended after the trinity killer season with the wonderful John Lithgow.  It deteriorated badly after this and had one of the worse ending of any tv shows ive seen. 

Spoiler

only positive was his sister dying. she was an incredibly nippy actress. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series