• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 03/09/2020 at 19:59, Cade said:

Cannae feckin wait for The Boys.

Season 1 was superb.

Episode 1 straight back into it from the very start. Super violent and super black humour. 

Season 1 was superb.

never heard of it , will give it a spin tonight. Looks fantastic from the trailer. Cheers

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

never heard of it , will give it a spin tonight. Looks fantastic from the trailer. Cheers

I LOVED S1 of it so much that I watched it twice. Holding off watching S2 as it is only the first 3 episodes released so far. 

Season 1 was superb.

Might give that a go

jack D and coke

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 2 watched. Love the daft humour in there as well as the gore. Genuinely laugh out loud at times. 
Highly recommended to anyone who hasn’t watched this. Great stuff. 
edit: When does the rest become available?

Edited by jack D and coke

The umbrella academy- but strange, but off centre, fun but ultimately forgettable. 

American horror story-coven--

So..I heard a lot of folk raving about this, the first 2 were alright but......

It seems to be trying to say something about feminism but has strayed massively into cliché 

One woman is desperate to stay young 
One woman is desperate to have a baby
One woman is desperate to be popular
One woman is desperate to be loved
One woman is desperate to relive the past
One woman is desperate to be accepted

The writing is dreadful

The thing that amazes me is how they managed to attract such excellent acting talent..maybe thats where the real witchcraft lies

Gangs of London - first episode was brilliant, the fight scene in the pub was incredibly well done. Really ran out of steam though and Joe Cole just doesn't have the gravity to pull off his role. 

Ozark- finished season 3- tense AF absolutely brilliant 

Preacher- like Umbrella academy it's a bit strange, a bit weird but so much better, funny, bizarre and doesn't take itself too seriously. 

Lastly if anyone wants a good laugh then on the iPlayer there is

What we do in the shadows- TV version of the Taika Waititi/Jermaine Clement  mockumentary of vampires flatsharing in a modern USA, Matt Berry and Kayvan Novak bring a very British humour to it while Natasia Demetriou steals the show

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 2 watched. Love the daft humour in there as well as the gore. Genuinely laugh out loud at times. 
Highly recommended to anyone who hasn’t watched this. Great stuff. 
edit: When does the rest become available?

Every Friday I think. I have just watched the first 3. It's just the best telly ever. Completely mental.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Every Friday I think. I have just watched the first 3. It's just the best telly ever. Completely mental.

Perfect👌🏼
It’s class man eh :lol: 

luckyBatistuta
53 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Perfect👌🏼
It’s class man eh :lol: 

Loved the first season of this, looking forward to watching it after I finish...

Gangsters...Faces of the Underworld on Amazon.

Really enjoying it, some absolute psychopaths on it.

Definitely worth a watch.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Bozi said:

The umbrella academy- but strange, but off centre, fun but ultimately forgettable. 

American horror story-coven--

So..I heard a lot of folk raving about this, the first 2 were alright but......

It seems to be trying to say something about feminism but has strayed massively into cliché 

One woman is desperate to stay young 
One woman is desperate to have a baby
One woman is desperate to be popular
One woman is desperate to be loved
One woman is desperate to relive the past
One woman is desperate to be accepted

The writing is dreadful

The thing that amazes me is how they managed to attract such excellent acting talent..maybe thats where the real witchcraft lies

Gangs of London - first episode was brilliant, the fight scene in the pub was incredibly well done. Really ran out of steam though and Joe Cole just doesn't have the gravity to pull off his role. 

Ozark- finished season 3- tense AF absolutely brilliant 

Preacher- like Umbrella academy it's a bit strange, a bit weird but so much better, funny, bizarre and doesn't take itself too seriously. 

Lastly if anyone wants a good laugh then on the iPlayer there is

What we do in the shadows- TV version of the Taika Waititi/Jermaine Clement  mockumentary of vampires flatsharing in a modern USA, Matt Berry and Kayvan Novak bring a very British humour to it while Natasia Demetriou steals the show

I liked the first season of Preacher a lot and although it’s a silly story anyway lol I felt it just got overly stupid. I might go back to it though I did enjoy it at first. 

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Finished season 3 of Yellowstone, can't wait for the next, been excellent.

still waiting for season 2 to come to the paramount channel. 

37 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I liked the first season of Preacher a lot and although it’s a silly story anyway lol I felt it just got overly stupid. I might go back to it though I did enjoy it at first. 

i've still got the last series of preacher to watch, dont know when i'll get roound to it.

one thing to check out if you liked preacher is outcast staring patrick fugit, it only has 2 series and is from the writer of the walking dead. i felt it was better than preacher and was darker

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i've still got the last series of preacher to watch, dont know when i'll get roound to it.

one thing to check out if you liked preacher is outcast staring patrick fugit, it only has 2 series and is from the writer of the walking dead. i felt it was better than preacher and was darker

Outcast was really good, pity it didn't get more than 2 series 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it's silly but fun and definitely has its tongue firmly in its cheek, too often they are a bit too full of their selves and a bit po-faced so while preacher is silly it's massively watchable 

rudi must stay
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Sam Jackson sketch. 🤣

Oh dear. Episode 3 onwards and it's not as good. Hasn't kept up the same quality

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Oh dear. Episode 3 onwards and it's not as good. Hasn't kept up the same quality

I seen up to 4. I've 2 to go 

On 03/09/2020 at 17:21, Pans Jambo said:

Kobra Kai. Enjoyed it. Netflix.

35 years after the films. Same people. Daniel is a complete "Richard Head" and the real victim (Johnny) life is in the shitter.

Their lives collide again and the whole rivalry "kicks off" (to an extent).

80's cheesefest but I grew up then so it's good. Some genuinely funny moments in it and its got a fair bit of karate action.

Binge watched season 1 over the weekend, and first 3 episodes of season 2 last night, really enjoying it.

Carl Fredrickson

Started watching a show on Amazon Prime called Cruising The Cut. A guy has bought a narrow boat and filmed his travels round canals and rivers in England. It is crap, he is very annoying , very amatuer production but I am hooked on it. I dont know what it is about it (maybe hoping his boat sinks) but I have watched a season and a half so far. 

Watched both series of the Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive on Netflix.

I'm not a great fan of F1 but found this interesting and enjoyable. I think it helped that I had no clue who won what race or what drivers did what.

Edited by jambopilms

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Watched both series of the Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive on Netflix.

I'm not a great fan of F1 but found this interesting and enjoyable. I think it helped that I had no clue who won what race or what drivers did what.

It’s worth it just for the Haas team manager. 

On 27/08/2020 at 23:29, 1971fozzy said:

The Fall - what a brilliant series. Up there with Line of Duty. Gripping stuff and has Gillian Anderson in it which is a bonus

I'm just about to start the 3rd series, decent watch but not half stretched out, I said to the wife as we got near the end of the first series that it must be a different case for each series.

Another shout for cobra kai. The 1st reboot of an 80 thing that hasn't shit all over the original or been turned into some woke agenda driven pish. Its pretty damn good so far

On 01/09/2020 at 14:20, ri Alban said:

Edward Longshanks and Captain Kirk are fantastic baddies. 

Hi mate , I wondered who you meant by “‘Edward longshanks “ then I put two and two together a la Columbo ! Noted your user name and hey it’s Patrick M c Goohan , “ Braveheart “ . 😂 just watched brilliant episode with him as the villain where he was a spin doctor for a senator . Also watched the episode with Shatner , the best so far . Shatner hamming it up as per usual ! Brilliant 😆 oh and one last thing I love how the villains get more and exsabarated  by Columbo and his endless hounding if them 😂superb tv. They show about 4 episodes each Sunday on 5 USA channel if you have the channel  it bud 👍

Edited by JamesM48

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi mate , I wondered who you meant by “‘Edward longshanks “ then I put two and two together a la Columbo ! Noted your user name and hey it’s Patrick M c Goohan , “ Braveheart “ . 😂 just watched brilliant episode with him as the villain where he was a spin doctor for a senator . Also watched the episode with Shatner , the best so far . Shatner hamming it up as per usual ! Brilliant 😆 oh and one last thing I love how the villains get more and exsabarated  by Columbo and his endless hounding if them 😂superb tv. They show about 4 episodes each Sunday on 5 USA channel if you have the channel  it bud 👍

I love Columbo, but if I put it on again, I think the wife will kill me. :D

Patrick is absolutely brilliant. In it more than once(Episodes) , if I remember correctly.  And Bill, what can you say. :D

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock) , that he is. 👍

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Patrick is absolutely brilliant. In it more than once(Episodes) , if I remember correctly.  And Bill, what can you say. :D

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock :)) , that he is. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The guillotine and cinema projection episodes are two of my favourites. Can't remember who the baddies are. Oh and look out for Mr Spock, horrible doctor(Dr spock :)) , that he is. 👍

Yes Mcgoohan was a terrific actor.  He also directed a few episodes too and was a good friend of Peter Falk. He appeared 4 times as  the murderer.   " Agenda for murder" with Mcgoohan was his last one. He won and Emmy for his brilliant performance.  I havent seen "  "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine""  yet and I think you mean " Murder, Smoke and Shadows"  with Fisher Stevens who played a murderous director ?  Anyway most are of a very high standard.  Never seen the Spock episode yet. 

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Mcgoohan was a terrific actor.  He also directed a few episodes too and was a good friend of Peter Falk. He appeared 4 times as  the murderer.   " Agenda for murder" with Mcgoohan was his last one. He won and Emmy for his brilliant performance.  I havent seen "  "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine""  yet and I think you mean " Murder, Smoke and Shadows"  with Fisher Stevens who played a murderous director ?  Anyway most are of a very high standard.  Never seen the Spock episode yet. 

Double exposure is the other episode, bud. Brilliant! 

41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Double exposure is the other episode, bud. Brilliant! 

I check that out in due course.

ITV 9pm this week mon-wed.

Des

Drama in 80s serial killer Denis Nilsen. Brilliant stuff.

David Tenant has been outstanding as Nilsen.

A must watch, will be on ITV/STV player.

Carl Fredrickson
38 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Des

Was coming on to post similar. Tenant is a great TV actor. 

33 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Des

Thanks for the info, TB.   

Did you see the  documentary about Nilsen last week. Part of these "Britain's Most Notorious Killers"  programs.    It contained a very weird interview back in the 80s with his Scottish mum - she blamed everyone and everything for his actions, but not him.   One of the other contributors (ex-cop or ex-journo, can;t remember) revealed that as a youngster, he doted on his grandad.  One day his mum said "let's go visit grandad" and led him to the room where he lay in his open coffin.     The psychologists reckon that was a fundamental reason for how his  warped and eventually murderous personality developed.    A basic linking of  "love"  with death.     

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series