Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

scott herbertson
17 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Was shite after Ragnar died. 

Definitely got worse. Still worth watching after that but went from a 9/10 to a 7 or so Final half season might be interesting.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 18/07/2020 at 11:44, JamesM48 said:

I stopped watching it after the third series 

I struggled to the 2nd or 3rd of vikings. Trying to tell myself i must be missing something due to all the hype.

Vikings was pure pish all the way through and it shouldve been something I really liked.

Looked good and very polished etc but acting was wooden and plot was paint-by-numbers. GoT and Black sails spoiled me for characters.

Just binged the Umbrella Academy on Netflix over the weekend.

Cracking show, might not be for everyone, but I really enjoyed it :thumbsup: 

39 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Just binged the Umbrella Academy on Netflix over the weekend.

Cracking show, might not be for everyone, but I really enjoyed it :thumbsup: 

the second series starts in a week or two

43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the second series starts in a week or two

31st of July, can't wait :thumbsup: 

I wonder if it will be an episode every week, or if they'll release more than one.

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

31st of July, can't wait :thumbsup: 

I wonder if it will be an episode every week, or if they'll release more than one.

i think they are dropping all episodes on the 31st

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think they are dropping all episodes on the 31st

Superb, that will be my weekend sorted :)

On 17/07/2020 at 22:31, jambopilms said:

Just finished Ozark S3 

I found the first series a bit slow but stuck with it and it just gets better and better.

Shame it will be at least a year for S4

Ozark was a good watch, I’m watching Breaking Bad now and would recommend.

not long finished before I die, a Swedish drama, that was good too.

Watching lethal weapon from the start, again. Still good. 

And watched series 3 of Murphy's law. James Nesbitt is a brilliant actor. 

Anyone watched tv series Shetland?

Any good? Not readily available so might have to buy dvds. Wont bother if its crap.

Carl Fredrickson
10 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Anyone watched tv series Shetland?

Any good? Not readily available so might have to buy dvds. Wont bother if its crap.

It is a decent watch but the books are far better. The guy that plays the lead role gets on my tits. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

Tommy Brown

Shetland is ok, good to see a different setting.

The books are by the same writer as the Vera series.

The script writer, David Kane was a Polbeth boy I remember from  school, good mate of a mate. Did Sharpe and Foyle's War.

Did a great one off back in the mid 80s called Shadow on the Earth set in West Lothian in early 60s when Uri Gagarin orbited the earth.

Edited by Tommy Brown

On 24/07/2020 at 09:21, Carl Fredrickson said:

It is a decent watch but the books are far better. The guy that plays the lead role gets on my tits. 

giphy.gif

rudi must stay
On 24/07/2020 at 09:21, Carl Fredrickson said:

He has his own wee style. It's not acting but it is very watchable and entertaining 

Carl Fredrickson
49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He has his own wee style. It's not acting but it is very watchable and entertaining 

He still gets on my tits.... Shetland is decent with some stunning scenery. The books are well worth a read.

On S3 of Good Girls on Netflix. Easy watch with some funny bits. 

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

He still gets on my tits.... Shetland is decent with some stunning scenery. The books are well worth a read.

On S3 of Good Girls on Netflix. Easy watch with some funny bits. 

I agree. Says alot it got Brian Cox , very good actor ofcourse 

Samuel Camazzola

Revisiting Entourage and delighted that it hasn't aged. Superbly written, cast and acted. 

Great that it came out when it did as they wouldn't have been able to broadcast a bulk of the content. The easily offended would have been up in arms - mainly at Ari's stuff! 😂 

5RpgDKRrkVZfBAqE8o6SvyLTU5p3Zkau6FgI=

rudi must stay
On 27/07/2020 at 17:17, rudi must stay said:

Talking of him the show Succession on Apple TV is excellent. Funny but well acted and well written, I thoroughly recommend it 

Just finished Kingdom on Netflix.

Drama set round the MMA with Frank Grillo.

Really enjoyed the series as it covers what fighters have to do to be ready for fights and had some great characters in it.

If you haven't seen it give it a try

There she goes about a families lives dealing with a disabled daughter. Touching and funny, David tenant and Jessica Hines do great jobs.8/10

started watching the fall on Netflix with Gillian Anderson, about her pursuit of a serial killer. Seems promising 

JudyJudyJudy
On 27/07/2020 at 17:17, rudi must stay said:

He was superb at Hannibal Lector in " Manhunter2

JudyJudyJudy
On 01/08/2020 at 19:14, Samuel Camazzola said:

Revisiting Entourage and delighted that it hasn't aged. Superbly written, cast and acted. 

Great that it came out when it did as they wouldn't have been able to broadcast a bulk of the content. The easily offended would have been up in arms - mainly at Ari's stuff! 😂 

5RpgDKRrkVZfBAqE8o6SvyLTU5p3Zkau6FgI=

Never heard of this but it looks good. Im needing a new series to watch. This might do the trick.  Any other recommendations of any thrillers / crime dramas ?

JudyJudyJudy

Just watching. “Harlots “ on bbc 2 , it’s quite good mix of low class carry on film with higher class “ dangerous liaisons , it’s rather bawdy and decadent but also quite disturbing . 

Edited by JamesM48

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just watching. “Harlots “ on bbc 2 , it’s quite good mix of low class carry on film with higher class “ dangerous liaisons , it’s rather bawdy and decadent but also quite disturbing . 

Boobage?

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Never heard of this but it looks good. Im needing a new series to watch. This might do the trick.  Any other recommendations of any thrillers / crime dramas ?

You'll blitz through this as the episodes are short and snappy. Superb stuff and they've recently launched a series of podcasts to cover the programme. Search "Victory" on Spotify etc... 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
On 06/08/2020 at 05:21, Samuel Camazzola said:

You'll blitz through this as the episodes are short and snappy. Superb stuff and they've recently launched a series of podcasts to cover the programme. Search "Victory" on Spotify etc... 👍 

👍

Love on the Spectrum on Netflix

Australian version of the Undateables but a bit more sympathetic.

14 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Love on the Spectrum on Netflix

Australian version of the Undateables but a bit more sympathetic.

loved it. Episode 3 was brilliant. The scen in the restaurant with manga fan Kelvin is quality.  By far our favourite in it

Watching ‘Top of the Lake’ on Netflix. Only 4 episodes in but really gripping stuff. Has Peter Mullan playing a rather disturbing character and her from Handmaids Tale. 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Watching ‘Top of the Lake’ on Netflix. Only 4 episodes in but really gripping stuff. Has Peter Mullan playing a rather disturbing character and her from Handmaids Tale. 

Enjoyed the first series but couldn’t get into the second one for some reason. Two great actors I agree. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

loved it. Episode 3 was brilliant. The scen in the restaurant with manga fan Kelvin is quality.  By far our favourite in it

I was rooting for the Dinosaur guy. Felt bad for the guy who went to the comic book convention as that lass seemed nice too.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I was rooting for the Dinosaur guy. Felt bad for the guy who went to the comic book convention as that lass seemed nice too.

Aye he was a good lad

Binge-ing on "For All Mankind", an alternate history show that ponders what if the USSR had won key stages of the Space Race and the Space Race never really ended.  

Started on 'Killing Eve' but don't think I can be arsed with it. Not funny enough to be a black comedy and not gritty enough to be a decent drama. 

Started Supernatural(Waiting for series 15) from the start. My god they're just weans. 

I watched SN in the middle series' when Bobby was in it and fell away a long time ago. 

I watched the first episode and I'm sure the Women in white was also in the final episode of series 14? (Which my Mrs recorded, and I decided to watch) 

Started Supernatural(Waiting for series 15) from the start. My god they're just weans. 

I watched SN in the middle series' when Bobby was in it and fell away a long time ago. 

I watched the first episode and I'm sure the Women in white was also in the final episode of series 14? (Which my Mrs recorded, and I decided to watch) 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Started on 'Killing Eve' but don't think I can be arsed with it. Not funny enough to be a black comedy and not gritty enough to be a decent drama. 

I think it's really over rated and haven't bothered with the latest series.

Currently watching Designated Survivor on Netflix which is pretty good. 

I’m watching The Sopranos from start to finish (only ever managed to get up to the end of series 4) and after each episode listening to the Poda Bing podcast which deconstructs each (episode)
There is so much nuance and depth in this show, it’s funny, violent, cool and eminently watchable and quotable  about families and all life.
Simply this best TV ever made I’d you’ve not seen it which I assume everyone probably has then you are in for a massive treat👍

On 13/08/2020 at 19:56, Clear few said:

I’m watching The Sopranos from start to finish (only ever managed to get up to the end of series 4) and after each episode listening to the Poda Bing podcast which deconstructs each (episode)
There is so much nuance and depth in this show, it’s funny, violent, cool and eminently watchable and quotable  about families and all life.
Simply this best TV ever made I’d you’ve not seen it which I assume everyone probably has then you are in for a massive treat👍

watched the whole thing through 3 times. Utter perfection 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series