Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Started this last week on this recommendation. On episode 15 of the 1st series and have to say its brilliant. The Mrs loves it and James Spader is the dogs dangly bits in it.

The only thing wrong is I would have loved Joleen to have lasted longer as she was tremendous. Excellent suggestion amigo 

:thumbsup: good stuff, we're currently whizzing toward the end of season 2. There are always irritations and inconsistencies in these shows but they're kept to a minimum, even for my nit-picky tastes.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 09/03/2020 at 19:11, Marvin said:

Just started watching it. You're not wrong about that Hass principle.

Perfect Kimi moment in the last minute of the season after not being in it at all for the whole thing. 

Carl Fredrickson

Started watching Braindead on Amazon Prime. Decent watch and I have found it very funny. A bit different from my usual choices.

Disser Pointon
On 02/03/2020 at 21:07, 1971fozzy said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez-  on Netflix 

possibly one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever viewed about the murder of 8 year old Gabriel by his mother and her boyfriend. And the prosecution of both as well as social services in LA.

compulsive viewing but utterly heartbreaking. 

Just started this, there are some truly evil people out there. Tough viewing.

2nd series of ‘Making a Murderer’

No idea why it took me so long to watch this as I found the 1st series amazing viewing.

unreal what went on with this whole case.

I've started back on Nurse Jackie.

Only saw the first season, which I loved, because I think at the time it moved to Sky Atlantic which I didn't have so lost track.

Thought with everything going on it gives me a good chance to catch up with a few things.

🤯😬

Hector Riva

PANDENMIC on Netflix  - Realeased in Feb 2020  Fly on the wall documentry about the last flu virus. Wow

Edited by Hector Riva

Jambof3tornado
On 18/03/2020 at 13:50, PortyJambo said:

This is going to be the most popular thread on here over the next few weeks/months!

Trending on amazon prime....the film Flu!!!!

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Season 2 of the Sunderland documentary on 1st April 

:glorious:

Is that not a repeat?

...a bit disco

Tiger King - Netflix documentary.

Big cat breeders in America Murder, hitmen, gun nuts and more.Every one a nutjob.

Decent watch though.!

For anyone who hadn't watched Picard yet, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It's been absolutely superb and I hope Amazon don't just abandon the concept after the first series.

Edited by ri Alban

...a bit disco
19 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tiger King - Netflix documentary.

Big cat breeders in America Murder, hitmen, gun nuts and more.Every one a nutjob.

Decent watch though.!

Update.

Watched it all. Absolutely compulsive viewing!

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Update.

Watched it all. Absolutely compulsive viewing!

I am on the third episode and WTF are they on? If it was fiction you would say it wouldnt happen. What a bunch of nutters. Cant wait to get back to watching it though.......

Unknown user
On 09/03/2020 at 22:25, chester copperpot said:

Started this last week on this recommendation. On episode 15 of the 1st series and have to say its brilliant. The Mrs loves it and James Spader is the dogs dangly bits in it.

The only thing wrong is I would have loved Joleen to have lasted longer as she was tremendous. Excellent suggestion amigo 

I'm working more hours than ever so you've probably overtaken me with this,  but the last episode of series 2 was something else!

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am on the third episode and WTF are they on? If it was fiction you would say it wouldnt happen. What a bunch of nutters. Cant wait to get back to watching it though.......

Said to the wife, you really couldn't script it!

60 Days In. First season aired in 2016 but only just found it a couple of days ago on Netflix. 7 innocents pose as criminals and get sent undercover to jail. Good watch tbf

Carl Fredrickson

The English Game on Netflix. Written by Julian Fellows (of Downton Abbey fame) - a story of the early development of football told via a team from a mill town. Covers as much of the off field stuff as on field. A decent watch so far. 

I remember an old, not a bad show called Heroes. The last thing I watched was Mr. Robot, I was struck by the plot and the acting.

Tiger King. 

Netflix documentary series. Crazy story about a flamboyant, redneck, gun toting madman, who runs his own mini zoo of wild animals, and his spiralling personal war with an animal rights campaigner. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Unknown user
On 23/03/2020 at 20:38, Thommo414 said:

60 Days In. First season aired in 2016 but only just found it a couple of days ago on Netflix. 7 innocents pose as criminals and get sent undercover to jail. Good watch tbf

It gets more and more mental as you get into the seasons!

Carl Fredrickson
On 03/03/2020 at 23:11, Tazio said:

F1 Drive To Survive has started it’s 2nd season on Netflix. The Haas team principal continues to be the grumpy foul mouthed star of the show. 

Not being a F1 fan but stuck for something to watch, I pit series 1 on and found it compulsive viewing (much better than watching an actual race)

Other than knowing that Lewis Hamilton seems to win more than most, my knowledge of the last 20 years or so of F1 is very limited. The off track stuff I find fascinating as well as some of the on the track rivalry. I was shocked to see how far the Williams team have fallen - when I last watched F1 they were competing for championships. 

Going to save series 2 for at least a few days but looking forward to it. 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Not being a F1 fan but stuck for something to watch, I pit series 1 on and found it compulsive viewing (much better than watching an actual race)

Other than knowing that Lewis Hamilton seems to win more than most, my knowledge of the last 20 years or so of F1 is very limited. The off track stuff I find fascinating as well as some of the on the track rivalry. I was shocked to see how far the Williams team have fallen - when I last watched F1 they were competing for championships. 

Going to save series 2 for at least a few days but looking forward to it. 

As a massive F1 fan I loved it. Glad you enjoyed it mate. Been putting off series 2 for a while but the addiction is getting close now!

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

Glad to hear it! We finished the first one last night, just need to find somewhere to get the rest now

Malinga the Swinga

Bulletproof on Sky (season 2) has all episodes available now. I enjoyed it but not everyone's cup of tea.

If you like a half hour relaxation, then Mortimer and Whitehouse on the BBC player is fantastic. Two guys, chatting away, having a laugh while Whitehouse tries to teach Bob to fish. First two seasons are all there and third is due out in Spring.

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

Glad to hear it! We finished the first one last night, just need to find somewhere to get the rest now

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

you have spoken

:D I just got your joke there

What a great character that wee man is

On 26/03/2020 at 16:35, rudi must stay said:

How good is The Mandalorian 

Single-handedly saving Star Wars after the mess Disney made of their main film trilogy

On 26/03/2020 at 01:02, Ray Gin said:

Tiger King. 

Netflix documentary series. Crazy story about a flamboyant, redneck, gun toting madman, who runs his own mini zoo of wild animals, and his spiralling personal war with an animal rights campaigner. 

Omg......... 

Jambof3tornado
On 25/03/2020 at 16:52, Tazio said:

Started watching a Belgian made for Netflix historical drama called The Thieves Of The Forest. 

I recommend nobody else does.

I watched 5 minutes of it.

Sorry I didnt warn you.

Not a series but thoroughly recommend The Falkirk Cowboys on iPlayer. Documentary about a bunch of normal working class blokes in Falkirk who decide to make their own cowboy movies in the 70’s. Proper feel good stuff. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series