Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

22 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is the outsider worth sticking with,  I loved the first few but found it was going off the rails and haven't watched the most recent 2 episodes yet?

Ive give up on it.  Watched up until episode 6 and didnt grip me . 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

well in the immortal words of Mandy Rice Davies...." he would say that wouldnt he ? " !! 

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well in the immortal words of Mandy Rice Davies...." he would say that wouldnt he ? " !! 

To be fair to King, he is more often than not critical of adaptations. Praise is rare from him. 

Samuel Camazzola

The Heist on Sky One is a good easy watch. Well edited to make it an interesting watch and highlight idiot behaviour. 

In a similar genre, Hunted on Channel 4 is back on. No belongings or equipment to start with this time makes it more challenging. 

On 19/02/2020 at 22:41, 1971fozzy said:

kicked it in tonight. Utterly superb

Finished tonight, fantastic, way better than the first Mexico series, and its been left wide open for more.

On 20/02/2020 at 18:29, Dino Velvet said:

To be fair to King, he is more often than not critical of adaptations. Praise is rare from him. 

Yes thats true. Hes a decent guy. Love his tweets and FB political messages too. 

Carl Fredrickson

Stumbled across The Newsroom. The show is about 10 years old now but I am really enjoying it. Written by the main West Wing writer and it has a similar feel to it. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Stumbled across The Newsroom. The show is about 10 years old now but I am really enjoying it. Written by the main West Wing writer and it has a similar feel to it. 

I enjoyed the newsroom. Disappointed when they chopped it.

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Everybody Loves Baz!
2 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Yip, gutted myself when they chopped it.

Started watching Homeland again. As far as Season 3 now, which is further than last time.

Pretty decent IMHO.

rudi must stay
14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

First series is excellent 

11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Zero Zero Zero

Been waiting on this coming out since the first series of Gomorrah aired.

When is it out on amazon.

I have the first 4 downloaded.Waiting to see if you can watch all episodes on amazon

4 hours ago, benny said:

When is it out on amazon.

I have the first 4 downloaded.Waiting to see if you can watch all episodes on amazon

March 4th or 6th can't remember it's one of those dates anyway

Jambof3tornado
On 23/02/2020 at 00:39, ri Alban said:

The Hunters. On episode 2.

Could have warned me about the naked burd in the shower on episode 1!!! 

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Could have warned me about the naked burd in the shower on episode 1!!! 

:D Fast forward is your friend.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

😂 Not a pretty sight

Not unless thats your thing!!

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:D Fast forward is your friend.

Yup!! Lol

On 19/02/2020 at 19:37, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is the outsider worth sticking with,  I loved the first few but found it was going off the rails and haven't watched the most recent 2 episodes yet?

1st Episode was pretty good. Set things up nicely for a good thriller mystery. Havent watched further yet but I'm assuming some unbelievable alien being or some unseen nasty ghostly power is behind it all, which would be disappointing. I like my crime dramas to remain credible and I'd be pissed off if some Poltergeist destroyed a good start. Shhhhhhhhhhhh though I'll stick with it and see how it pans out.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

1st Episode was pretty good. Set things up nicely for a good thriller mystery. Havent watched further yet but I'm assuming some unbelievable alien being or some unseen nasty ghostly power is behind it all, which would be disappointing. I like my crime dramas to remain credible and I'd be pissed off if some Poltergeist destroyed a good start. Shhhhhhhhhhhh though I'll stick with it and see how it pans out.

Exactly how i felt about it. Spot on.

The Blacklist

I can't normally be arsed with this sort of thing but I fell in love with James Spader in the Office and he's brilliant in this too.

If you don't know it, one of the worlds top criminals walks in to the FBI's office and starts feeding them elite criminals they've never even heard of, people smugglers, assassins, and for some reason he'll only deal with one woman there...

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

How to drag 3 minutes of television out to 10, brutal watching IMO

Loved Breaking Bad but couldn't get into better call Saul at all. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Loved Breaking Bad but couldn't get into better call Saul at all. 

Same, and I really wanted to like it, not every show has Spinal Tap royalty

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The Blacklist

I can't normally be arsed with this sort of thing but I fell in love with James Spader in the Office and he's brilliant in this too.

If you don't know it, one of the worlds top criminals walks in to the FBI's office and starts feeding them elite criminals they've never even heard of, people smugglers, assassins, and for some reason he'll only deal with one woman there...

it is on its 7th series now and they have kept it fresh with the way the show has evolved

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it is on its 7th series now and they have kept it fresh with the way the show has evolved

Good to know, just about to finish season 1

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, Smithee said:

I want to like it. I watch every season hoping it’s about to become BB again and it seems to drag it out and dangle the BB carrot constantly without ever getting there. There’s Hank now lol surely it’ll happen with this season? 😬

I’ll watch anyway. 

Edited by jack D and coke

On 28/02/2020 at 15:25, Smithee said:

Its ****ing awful. It's like watching paint dry. 

...a bit disco

Guilty pleasure time.

Just box setted my way through 2.5 seasons of The Masked Singer US.

Don't even care!

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez-  on Netflix 

possibly one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever viewed about the murder of 8 year old Gabriel by his mother and her boyfriend. And the prosecution of both as well as social services in LA.

compulsive viewing but utterly heartbreaking. 

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez-  on Netflix 

possibly one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever viewed about the murder of 8 year old Gabriel by his mother and her boyfriend. And the prosecution of both as well as social services in LA.

compulsive viewing but utterly heartbreaking. 

Just came on to post this.

A really tough, hard, heart breaking watch.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Just came on to post this.

A really tough, hard, heart breaking watch.

totally. 
Not much makes me greet but oooooft

...a bit disco
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

totally. 
Not much makes me greet but oooooft

The bit at the end where they reported a nearly identical case as well. Same boyfriend/mother set up.

They obviously learned nothing.

F1 Drive To Survive has started it’s 2nd season on Netflix. The Haas team principal continues to be the grumpy foul mouthed star of the show. 

On 03/03/2020 at 23:11, Tazio said:

F1 Drive To Survive has started it’s 2nd season on Netflix. The Haas team principal continues to be the grumpy foul mouthed star of the show. 

His chat with the drivers on the second or third episode was class. I've not see the episode after that yet. He is a lunatic though.

On 02/03/2020 at 22:32, Tazio said:

Started Hunters and enjoying it so far, more “cartoony” than I’d expected with some good characters. 

Started watching that with the missus the other night. Enjoying it. 

On 03/03/2020 at 23:11, Tazio said:

Just started watching it. You're not wrong about that Hass principle.

chester copperpot
On 28/02/2020 at 18:00, Smithee said:

The Blacklist

Started this last week on this recommendation. On episode 15 of the 1st series and have to say its brilliant. The Mrs loves it and James Spader is the dogs dangly bits in it.

The only thing wrong is I would have loved Joleen to have lasted longer as she was tremendous. Excellent suggestion amigo 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series