• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 05/02/2020 at 16:42, chester copperpot said:

Deadwater fell was good up till the last one. Felt it kind of petered out a bit

I thought David tennant portrayed evil really well. Was very menacing and sinister

Started watching the US office. Thoroughly enjoying it tbh, never thought it would rival the UK one in any way but I’ve laughed out loud so often watching it. Love Steve carrell

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Started watching the US office. Thoroughly enjoying it tbh, never thought it would rival the UK one in any way but I’ve laughed out loud so often watching it. Love Steve carrell

I put off watching if for years and only got round to watching it last autumn. Absolutely loved it! Peaks and troughs in quality but the peaks are fantastic. Enjoy

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I put off watching if for years and only got round to watching it last autumn. Absolutely loved it! Peaks and troughs in quality but the peaks are fantastic. Enjoy

Thanks mate. Tbh I was thinking nothing would surpass the UK version  but I have given it a try and it’s very funny,  the performances are top notch too, especially big Kevin and Dwight lol. I love Ellie kemper too as Erin. As I’ve said, Steve carrell is excellent. Didn’t envy him trying to follow Ricky gervais but he’s given the character another dimension

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

I just watched it recently too. I thought the first couple of seasons were fairly close to being as good as the UK one, but then the quality nose-dives.

The first two seasons were basically just the UK office with an American accent were they not? :lol: then it went its own way entirely. I loved both though. Funny how if you speak to an American they generally say the first two seasons are shit and then it picks up. 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The first two seasons were basically just the UK office with an American accent were they not? :lol: then it went its own way entirely. I loved both though. Funny how if you speak to an American they generally say the first two seasons are shit and then it picks up. 

It certainly followed the format much more closely and had similar plot lines in the first 2 seasons. Then it just abandons even trying to be a mockumentary and becomes a weird sitcom where people talk to the camera now and then. The cringe-factor increases tenfold, and not in a funny-cringe good way. Also way too many office romances and folk trying to fire into each other. It's a shame as the first 2 seasons were good.

Finished dead water fell - decent but disappointed with last episode.

watched COBRA and loved it. 

Watching White House Farm and up to date with last episode on Wednesday. Gripping stuff

A bit late to it but started Pennyworth last night. First couple of episodes were pretty good so I’ll stick with it. And the lead actor has his Michael Caine voice impression pretty spot on. 

The Pharmacist (documentary series) on Netflix is a good watch.

"In 1999, after losing his son in a drug-related shooting in New Orleans and lacking answers from police, a small town pharmacist - Dan Schneider - beats the odds when he embarks on a dogged pursuit to find and bring his son's killer to justice. But months later, the ripple effects of his son's addiction and tragic death would find him again when a troubling number of young, seemingly healthy people begin visiting Dan's pharmacy with high dose prescriptions for OxyContin."

On 08/02/2020 at 15:43, jambopilms said:

Stranger on Netflix.

Very watchable suspense thriller type thing. Similar to ' Safe' on Netflix last year.

I hope the acting and dialogue is better than it was in Safe.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I hope the acting and dialogue is better than it was in Safe.

Nope!

Acting was rank. Just finished it, thought it was rubbish. 

13 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Nope!

Acting was rank. Just finished it, thought it was rubbish. 

Cheers, I'll be sure to give it a miss then! 

I binned Safe after 2 episodes as the acting was like watching Hollyoaks. 

chester copperpot
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Finished dead water fell - decent but disappointed with last episode.

watched COBRA and loved it. 

Watching White House Farm and up to date with last episode on Wednesday. Gripping stuff

We seem to watch the same shit, and have the same views. I felt the last episode was a let down also.

Cant wait until Wednesday for the final episode also. Been really good so far. That Mark Addy is a cracking actor likes. 

29 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

We seem to watch the same shit, and have the same views. I felt the last episode was a let down also.

Cant wait until Wednesday for the final episode also. Been really good so far. That Mark Addy is a cracking actor likes. 

Mark Addy is superb , mind him as Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones 👍 some hair in this tho

11 hours ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Narcos Mexico Season 2 out Thursday on Netflix. 

never knew this was coming. Love the series , the last series in Mexico was brilliant so am stoked this is up on Thursday. Would normally take a day off work to binge it as Mrs Fozzy doesn’t like it, but too late now to get the day off.  

59 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We just finished watching Safe. Really enjoyed it tbh. Yeah, the acting wasn’t the best but it was still a good watch.

chester copperpot
42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mark Addy is superb , mind him as Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones 👍 some hair in this tho

Started watching episode 1 of the Slap as I am off until Friday.

Not sure what to make of it so far. 

Ragnorok 

Class 👍 

Watched it in Norwegian with subs, can't stand dubbing. 

Thought it was excellent. Looks like it may become a classic. 

43 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Any news on Gomorrah?

Season 4 just aired on Sky Atlantic last year. Season 5 isn't due until next year.

There is a prequel film called "The Immortal" which is based around Ciro that was supposedly screened in Italy last month.

Edited by Ray Gin

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Season 4 just aired on Sky Atlantic last year. Season 5 isn't due until next year.

There is a prequel film called "The Immortal" which is based around Ciro that was supposedly screened in Italy last month.

Thanks.

On 20/01/2020 at 08:32, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not recommending this at all but has anyone watched itv's new Saturday night fluff the masked singer? Basically a masked 'celebrity' is singing and a panel of other celebrities need to try and guess who it is. Load of genuine shite, but one of the panel is Ken Jeong and one of his guesses was Peter Shilton and stuff like that makes it hilarious. Also the panel make guesses like Jack Black, Beyonce and other A list names and it ends up being folk like patsy palmer or former Labour mp Alan Johnson. 

👏 Comedy Gold.

14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ragnorok 

Class 👍 

Watched it in Norwegian with subs, can't stand dubbing. 

Thought it was excellent. Looks like it may become a classic. 

Watched first 3 episodes today.This is very good.

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Watched first 3 episodes today.This is very good.

Finished it this morning on the train. I thought it was ace. Can't wait for season 2!

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Finished it this morning on the train. I thought it was ace. Can't wait for season 2!

I need to sleep or I would have kept watching

On 11/02/2020 at 22:41, Cruyff said:

Finished it actually gutted that I am.Roll on series 2 can't wait.

North Berwick Jambo
On 09/02/2020 at 23:40, 1971fozzy said:

never knew this was coming. Love the series , the last series in Mexico was brilliant so am stoked this is up on Thursday. Would normally take a day off work to binge it as Mrs Fozzy doesn’t like it, but too late now to get the day off.  

I am up to episode 5, it’s carries on perfectly from the end of last season.  I’m loving it so far, great acting as usual & a brilliant show. 

I've just started watching Two Doors Down after a mate recommended it. Ashamed to say I'm quite enjoying it although Elaine C Smith might grate on me quite quickly.

Edited by neilnunb

On 09/02/2020 at 22:59, Ray Gin said:

Yes both very similar. Absolute crap

Season 2 of Altered Carbon is coming to Netflix on 27th Feb. I really enjoyed the first season, so looking forward to it. Joel Kinnaman isn't returning as the main character, but that's in keeping with the premise of the show and it would actually have gone against the book source material if he had starred again.

Disser Pointon

Is the outsider worth sticking with,  I loved the first few but found it was going off the rails and haven't watched the most recent 2 episodes yet?

William H. Bonney
24 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is the outsider worth sticking with,  I loved the first few but found it was going off the rails and haven't watched the most recent 2 episodes yet?

32 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

not watched episode 7 yet but am really getting into it

On 17/02/2020 at 21:59, neilnunb said:

I've just started watching Two Doors Down after a mate recommended it. Ashamed to say I'm quite enjoying it although Elaine C Smith might grate on me quite quickly.

its brilliant. Soooo funny

...a bit disco
22 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Yes. Stick with it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series