Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

10 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

First 2 episodes of The Outsider, Stephen King adaptation, very intriguing so far, I like Bateman as an actor. 

He's very good in Ozark too.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/01/2020 at 18:57, rudi must stay said:

Louis Theroux's documentary last night

Weird 

What's it called and where did you watch it? BBC? Cheers 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What's it called and where did you watch it? BBC? Cheers 

Ye it's on iPlayer

"Louis Theroux Selling Sex"

rudi must stay
27 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Excellent, cheers Rudi 👍🏼

No problem

Still got it Louis, very interesting documentary maker

Edited by rudi must stay

33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No problem

Still got it Louis, very interesting documentary maker

He certainly does. Love watching his docs. Especially when he's being so blunt with folk :lol:

rudi must stay
36 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

He certainly does. Love watching his docs. Especially when he's being so blunt with folk :lol:

He's very blunt especially when they're honest. It's sort of like "thanks, but you're weird" 

Escape at Danemorra

had it on the planner for a year just started watching it. It’s got Patricia Arquette (from True Romance) and Benicia del Toro in it.

only 3 episodes in but it’s really good (if slow).

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Escape at Danemorra

had it on the planner for a year just started watching it. It’s got Patricia Arquette (from True Romance) and Benicia del Toro in it.

only 3 episodes in but it’s really good (if slow).

Really enjoyed it. I only watched it after someone recommending it on here. Loved Patricia Arquette ever since I first watched True Romance (prob about 50 times now😃 favourite film)

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Season 14 of Alway Sunny has arrived on Netflix. This time I’m going to try not to binge it and spread it over a couple of weeks. 

I won’t though. 

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Season 14 of Alway Sunny has arrived on Netflix. This time I’m going to try not to binge it and spread it over a couple of weeks. 

I won’t though. 

Celebration.gif

Finally! 

Not recommending this at all but has anyone watched itv's new Saturday night fluff the masked singer? Basically a masked 'celebrity' is singing and a panel of other celebrities need to try and guess who it is. Load of genuine shite, but one of the panel is Ken Jeong and one of his guesses was Peter Shilton and stuff like that makes it hilarious. Also the panel make guesses like Jack Black, Beyonce and other A list names and it ends up being folk like patsy palmer or former Labour mp Alan Johnson. 

9 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not recommending this at all but has anyone watched itv's new Saturday night fluff the masked singer? Basically a masked 'celebrity' is singing and a panel of other celebrities need to try and guess who it is. Load of genuine shite, but one of the panel is Ken Jeong and one of his guesses was Peter Shilton and stuff like that makes it hilarious. Also the panel make guesses like Jack Black, Beyonce and other A list names and it ends up being folk like patsy palmer or former Labour mp Alan Johnson. 

agree, it is awful but i keep watching it 

joondalupjambo
On 28/12/2019 at 10:20, Saul Goodman said:

Currently watching don’t F with cats and notice the killer is using Vladimir Romanov as an alias 😂

Spotted that as well and did you see the year the killer created that alias, it was 2011.  It has to be oor Vlad surely he Googled to get the name😃

Cracking documentary.

13 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That sounds absolutely horrendous.

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

'The tree' was a bit of a surprise. 

Just finished Messiah. Really enjoyed it. Hoping for a 2nd series as a few questions unanswered (same for just about every series I guess).

On 21/12/2019 at 11:13, Samuel Camazzola said:

Traces on the Alibi channel. 

Based in Dundee and features a solid cast including Martin Compston, Neve Macintosh and Molly Windsor. 

Brief plot is a girl (Windsor) returns to Dundee to take up a post in a forensics lab and identifies that an induction video/case study has similarities to her mother's murder. 

Easy to watch and quite engaging. 

Thanks for this tip. Very good.Enjoyed it. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Thanks for this tip. Very good.Enjoyed it. 

👍 

It's well shot and could open the door for more of McDermid's stories to be adapted. 

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 07:46, Bleedsmaroon said:

First 2 episodes of The Outsider, Stephen King adaptation, very intriguing so far, I like Bateman as an actor. 

I started this last night first ep down really good enjoyed it will watch second tonight really like Jason Bateman.

Started watching "You", first 4 episodes were decent enough then it sort of became a boring romcom. 🤢

Watched the Aaron Rodriguez one. Pretty good. 

Finished both seasons of that 'You'. Bit of a guilty pleasure I guess. First season got a bit meh but enjoyed the 2nd season a lot. 

Mac_fae_Gillie

I'm enjoying "You" just want to see how bad he is going to get. All the thoughts in his head sound generally sound but the overtone is just sadist.

Also still working thru "Once Upon A time" far from great but light hearted enuff to enjoy 2 episodes a week.

Purchased "Fringe" never saw much after season2 as my got iffy and it was pre Sky record but now I can watch it all on Amazon.

Finished "Parks and Recreation" last 2 season fail but first 5 good(yep I liked Ann)

5 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

I'm enjoying "You" just want to see how bad he is going to get. All the thoughts in his head sound generally sound but the overtone is just sadist.

Also still working thru "Once Upon A time" far from great but light hearted enuff to enjoy 2 episodes a week.

Purchased "Fringe" never saw much after season2 as my got iffy and it was pre Sky record but now I can watch it all on Amazon.

Finished "Parks and Recreation" last 2 season fail but first 5 good(yep I liked Ann)

fringe was great, i only started watching it a couple of years ago and binged through it all in around a month

Jambof3tornado
On 24/01/2020 at 03:26, ri Alban said:

Treadstone, I switched it off after about 5 minutes.

If you like the bourne series of movies its very watchable. On episode 5 now, and its been decent enough.

4 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Anyone seen 'Picard' yet? It's on Amazon Prime UK.

Looking forward to the #MaskedSinger then #Wisting, on a Saturday night. 

I reckon the #Fox is Sheena Easton. 

Wisting is excellent.

his daughter(while quite tidy) has all the survival sense of a lemming 🤣

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jambosean75 said:

Wisting is excellent.

New episodes every Friday

Boo

luckyBatistuta
17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

Another must-watch true crime documentary from Netflix. 

Watched this on Thursday, gripping but sad documentary. 

rudi must stay

Matt Berry on Brexit

Brilliant 

23 hours ago, Cade said:

Seen the first two episodes of Picard.

Pretty damn good so far.

Skimmed through it. Cash in the bank for Mr Stewart. That aside it is hardly the work of art he claimed that got him to pull on the uniform for the first time in 20 years

Started " The Outsider" .  Its based on a Stephen King book.  Its pretty good.  Unsure really what it is about as yet though lol

On 25/01/2020 at 22:30, Jambof3tornado said:

If you like the bourne series of movies its very watchable. On episode 5 now, and its been decent enough.

Recently finished then went back and watched all the films in order, realising I had never seen the final one, Jason Bourne.

On 25/01/2020 at 23:22, jambosean75 said:

Wisting is excellent.

3 episodes into this - good so far. Love a Scandinavian crime drama.

On 27/01/2020 at 04:36, luckyBatistuta said:

Watched this on Thursday, gripping but sad documentary. 

yep. Very interesting and as you say sad. Some story

chester copperpot

Binge watched COBRA last night. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to take a stab at White House Farm when I get home 

Carl Fredrickson
5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I really enjoyed Cobra. WHF is decent, i can mind quite a bit of it from the news but there is lots of it that I didnt know (or it may not have been made public at the time)

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

deadwater fell looks good, along similar lines to WHF

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

deadwater fell looks good, along similar lines to WHF

Deadwater fell was good up till the last one. Felt it kind of petered out a bit

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I really enjoyed Cobra. WHF is decent, i can mind quite a bit of it from the news but there is lots of it that I didnt know (or it may not have been made public at the time)

I have just realised that the boy who plays mark Addy's sidekick is Methadone Mick

:lol:

Carl Fredrickson
21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I have just realised that the boy who plays mark Addy's sidekick is Methadone Mick

:lol:

He is in Deadwater Fell too! 

Carl Fredrickson
11 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Is he? 

Aye, he plays one of the guards. He was also in Line of Duty. Fair gets about does Mr Reid

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series