Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Schitt's Creek. Multi millionaire family lose everything except a shitehole little town that no one else wants.

The fantastic Eugene Levy and his son Dan star, his daughter's also in it. 

It's good, some decent laughs from skint millionaires trying to live with hicks while struggling to get back on their feet. Dan Levy's brilliant in it, so's Eugene of course, while Annie Murphy and Emily Hampshire... :wub:

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelievable.    On Netflix

Based on a true story about both bad and good police investigators who are looking into the possible case of a serial rapist. Compulsive viewing and obviously quite disturbing with some brilliant acting. It’s 8 episodes and the actress who played the character of a victim called Marie is an  amazing talent.

9/10

On 30/09/2019 at 20:59, 1971fozzy said:

Based on a true story about both bad and good police investigators who are looking into the possible case of a serial rapist. Compulsive viewing and obviously quite disturbing with some brilliant acting. It’s 8 episodes and the actress who played the character of a victim called Marie is an  amazing talent.

9/10

Might give this a bash. Cheers for the shout.👍🏼

Ron Burgundy
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:15, luckyBatistuta said:

Bang goes your life for a while, one of the best tv series ever made imo.

Yip started Vikings season 4 last night.

That Rollo has certainly changed the game.

Just finished watching Das Boot.  Thoroughly enjoyed it and glad to see that it's got a 2nd series.

Finished Top Boy, was superb! 

Started Goliath Series 3 on Prime. Good start, it's a bit of a weird one though!! Really like Billy Bob Thornton. 

North Berwick Jambo

I just finished watching Raising Dion on Netflix, it’s about a kid who starts to develop powers.,  7/10

I am about to start Criminal Uk as I noticed some decent reviews about it last week. 

On 30/09/2019 at 21:59, 1971fozzy said:

9/10

I loved this great acting.....American justice at its worst and best. Highly recommend 👍

On 09/10/2019 at 00:49, North Berwick Jambo said:

I just finished watching Raising Dion on Netflix, it’s about a kid who starts to develop powers.,  7/10

I am about to start Criminal Uk as I noticed some decent reviews about it last week. 

3 episodes only.....all very good though if slightly predictable?

...a bit disco
46 minutes ago, GYL said:

Any updates on when this hits the screens?

None the wiser I'm afraid!

rudi must stay

Who saw The Young Pope? Didn't expect that, really strong show and Jude Law is brilliant 

New one The New Pope starts soon, no doubt equally as zany 

luckyBatistuta

A Confession

A six part stv drama based on the true story of DS Stephen Fulcher (Martin Freeman) and his hunt for missing 22-year-old Sian O'Callaghan.

Watched the whole thing over two days and really enjoyed it, love these type of programmes.

Jambof3tornado

Currently watching V the original mini series on forces tv channel 181 on sky.

Also on that channel are couple of oldies, shelley and bless this house.

Carl Fredrickson
On 11/09/2019 at 16:31, Eddie said:

BBC 4 seven part documentary that started last night. Spotlight on the troubles: a secret history. Watched about 25 mins when i got in late last night, ill watch the rest tonight. Love watching documentary's about the troubles, think ive seen them all that's on you tube. this will give me my fix for the next 7 weeks

Just finished watching it last night (along with the "behind the scenes" episode). Born in 1970 i was aware of the headlines of a lot of the incidents but this TV show went a lot deeper. Tremendous show reflecting on a very troubled time for Ireland and the Irish. 

On 22/10/2019 at 20:27, mrmarkus1981 said:

Not a TV show but just watched 'tell me who I am', it's a Netflix thing. Just wow 😮

Just watched this documentary. An incredible and truly horrible story.

Watching Altered Carbon on my own and The Boys with the wife, have to say I am enjoying both.

In AC Kinnaman looks quite different from the killing and Purefoy is hamming it up but its bloody enjoyable

Karl Urban has some great lines in the boys, gives the worst pop talks 

On 25/10/2019 at 15:27, Bozi said:

Watching Altered Carbon on my own and The Boys with the wife, have to say I am enjoying both.

In AC Kinnaman looks quite different from the killing and Purefoy is hamming it up but its bloody enjoyable

Karl Urban has some great lines in the boys, gives the worst pop talks 

Watched both of these and really liked both of them.

Kinnaman was great in altered carbon.

Just finished watching Daybreak on Netflix.

Apocalypse zombie teen comedy thing (not easy to describe) but it was really funny in bits and worth a watching.

On 24/10/2019 at 18:35, Ray Gin said:

Just watched this documentary. An incredible and truly horrible story.

Yes I thought this was incredible . Actually very interesting from a psychological point of view regarding the brother informing the other of the childhood abuse ? It’s like the brother had to suffer twice in some ways as he had forgotten it ? But it was clearly locked deep down in his subconscious and maybe he did this deliberately ? However neither was right to disclose it to him . The abuse from a mother is one of the most hideous , although all

abuse but this seemed particularly disturbing 

Finished Hanna on Amazon. Thought I'd watch it as I enjoyed the film and was interested in how they could go forward with it. The answer is that they didn't really. Basically the first 6 episodes are a retelling of the story of the film where the writer gets to indulge himself a bit more as he isn't restricted by having to squeeze it into 2 hours, then the last 2 episodes a very different ending is come up with. Well made TV and some good performances but lacked new ideas. Apparently there will be a 2nd season which could be more interesting. I'd imagine it would be better if you hadn't seen the film.

13 hours ago, systemx said:

The Accident ITV

The mrs has been watching this and safe to say its not for me. I love the fact that one of the girls clearly couldn't get close to doing a welsh accent so they have made her deaf.

Bloodline 

Family drama on Netflix. 3 series, but like a lot of American shows they have 12 episodes per series where 8 would probably do. 

It's worth a watch, just a couple from finishing, can see where it is going but it has been ok. 

Think I'll start Peaky Blinders this weekend, no idea why I havent started it yet. 

Has anyone been watching the Dublin Murders on BBC? Been pretty good, although I'd like the main characters to be killed, they are quite irritating. 

On 16/10/2019 at 09:33, rudi must stay said:

Who saw The Young Pope? Didn't expect that, really strong show and Jude Law is brilliant 

New one The New Pope starts soon, no doubt equally as zany 

New trailer

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, AWM said:

New trailer

Cheers. I like the look of that, Malkovic looks a good choice. Mad TV but entertaining 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Really enjoyed the first episode of His Dark Materials. 

I've not watched it yet, but was hopeful that BBC/HBO would make a much more faithful interpretation of the book's themes. The film a few years back was ok, but it was completely neutered by the studio being worried about the backlash in the more religious parts of the US...and of course, when anyone tries to please everyone, they ended up pleasing no-one and it didn't make enough to allow the sequels.

11 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I've not watched it yet, but was hopeful that BBC/HBO would make a much more faithful interpretation of the book's themes. The film a few years back was ok, but it was completely neutered by the studio being worried about the backlash in the more religious parts of the US...and of course, when anyone tries to please everyone, they ended up pleasing no-one and it didn't make enough to allow the sequels.

Well the good news for you is that it’s confronting all the themes. And the 2nd part is already commissioned. 

Apologies as I haven't read this thread and if mentioned already but 5Live TV review on Monday said that 'The End of the ****ing World' on Channel 4 series two was worth watching.

They had initially hoped there was no series 2, as nothing could top series one, but said it was great.

I've watched both series last couple of days as hadn't watched first, magnificent.

Also really liking Guilt.

Thought The Young Offenders 2 was as good as series one.

Started 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime; a very wrong superhero series where the heroes are mostly arseholes. The first couple of episodes have been class. 

On 06/09/2019 at 09:01, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

I'm on Season 4 now. It's been on a rapid downward spiral since season 2 tbh. Also the whole fake 'documentary in an office' thing seems to have been abandoned and it's moved towards some sort of weird sitcom/mockumentary hybrid that doesn't make any sense, much like 'Parks & Recreation'.

Gervais did the right thing sticking to 2 seasons with the UK original. Quality not quantity.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm on Season 4 now. It's been on a rapid downward spiral since season 2 tbh. Also the whole fake 'documentary in an office' thing seems to have been abandoned and it's moved towards some sort of weird sitcom/mockumentary hybrid that doesn't make any sense, much like 'Parks & Recreation'.

Gervais did the right thing sticking to 2 seasons with the UK original. Quality not quantity.

Turned into a strange sitcom but watch out for Will Ferrell's episodes, well written and well acted and James Spader has a good part too

Edited by rudi must stay

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series