Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Opinions on homeland please kickbackers.

Watched the first episode last night looks ok, is it worth sticking with ?

Yeah I've enjoyed them. The final season is due out early next year.

11 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

2 episodes into Mindhunter, not grabbing me yet, I assume it's worth sticking with?

Absolutely 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Inside Borussia Dortmund on Prime

Quality

Is it narrated over in English or do I need my Standard Grade German skills to enjoy it? 🙂

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Is it narrated over in English or do I need my Standard Grade German skills to enjoy it? 🙂

It has English subtitles if you can find the pop menu on your TV for them that is :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It has English subtitles if you can find the pop menu on your TV for them that is :thumbsup:

Danke! 😄 

Carl Fredrickson
44 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

Same here. On S6 and loving it!

On 06/09/2019 at 09:01, tokyowalnut said:

I'm working my way through the American 'Office'. Half way through season 4 and not bored of it yet. Think it is brilliant, very funny!

On 06/09/2019 at 09:45, Carl Fredrickson said:

Same here. On S6 and loving it!

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I've watched US The office about 3 times through. 

Dwight is a hero. Shun, unshun, re-shun.

Brilliant show. It slips a bit towards the end but really great stuff apart from that. Michael and Holly are the greatest love story ever told and Dwight is just a beast, a force of nature!

On 02/09/2019 at 21:03, jambopilms said:

Opinions on homeland please kickbackers.

Watched the first episode last night looks ok, is it worth sticking with ?

I thought Homeland was excellent. Some seasons better than others but if your binging it, it’ll all come together very well. 

Watching the SPY on Netflix, Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead in a serious role. It’s by Gideon Raff, the creator of Homeland.

Thought feck it, i’ll give it a bash, it’ll probably be shit and he’ll be shite.

It’s great btw and he is absolutely superb. You actually forget it’s him after the first episode, he plays the role seamlessly. 

It’s set in Argentina, Israel and Syria in the 1960’s. The sets brilliant, costumes everything. Completely nailed it.

Sacha’s character is an Israeli Arab spy sent undercover, obv. So it’s got all the old school espionage methods. It’s got loads of relationships between characters. It can get quite tense. 

Won’t say much more than that.

Well worth a watch.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5952634/

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Seymour M Hersh
On 04/07/2019 at 20:46, vegas-voss said:

Warrior is pretty good.

Plenty action and flesh on screen.

Aye, the wife and I are enjoying this. Brutally violent though although the Chinese violence is almost a bit comic book and very Bruce Lee (no surprise I suppose) but the Irish violence really is brutal. Some tidy bins in it though. Scary but tidy! :laugh:

23 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Watching the SPY on Netflix, Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead in a serious role. It’s by Gideon Raff, the creator of Homeland.

Thought feck it, i’ll give it a bash, it’ll probably be shit and he’ll be shite.

It’s great btw and he is absolutely superb. You actually forget it’s him after the first episode, he plays the role seamlessly. 

It’s set in Argentina, Israel and Syria in the 1960’s. The sets brilliant, costumes everything. Completely nailed it.

Sacha’s character is an Israeli Arab spy sent undercover, obv. So it’s got all the old school espionage methods. It’s got loads of relationships between characters. It can get quite tense. 

Well worth a watch.

Niceone. Seen it on my netflix recommends ..... email but wasn’t sure. Will give it a bash based on your positive review

i just finished City on a Hill which was half decent

Edited by Disco Dave

luckyBatistuta

Seen season 2 of a series called Mr Inbetweener advertised the other day. It looked quite good, so I’ve just started watching it. I’m on episode 5 already and it’s pretty good, really enjoying it so far.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Started Vikings on Amazon. I know it's been about for a while but never got round to watching it. Seems pretty decent so far.

Bang goes your life for a while, one of the best tv series ever made imo.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

BBC 4 seven part documentary that started last night. Spotlight on the troubles: a secret history. Watched about 25 mins when i got in late last night, ill watch the rest tonight. Love watching documentary's about the troubles, think ive seen them all that's on you tube. this will give me my fix for the next 7 weeks

On 09/09/2019 at 19:36, Disco Dave said:

Niceone. Seen it on my netflix recommends ..... email but wasn’t sure. Will give it a bash based on your positive review

i just finished City on a Hill which was half decent

Didn’t realise it was a true story. :vrwow:

17 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bang goes your life for a while, one of the best tv series ever made imo.

This. Ragner’s the man. Brilliant story.

luckyBatistuta

Just started watching Mr Mercedes last night and fell asleep during the first episode. From what I can remember seeing of it, it seemed not bad. Anybody watched this, is it any good?

On 08/09/2019 at 20:21, Cruyff Turn said:

Well worth a watch.

I've watched the first few episodes. Very decent. Baron Cohen is actually good in a serious role once you get over expecting him to break into Borat mode. :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I've watched the first few episodes. Very decent. Baron Cohen is actually good in a serious role once you get over expecting him to break into Borat mode. :lol: 

There’s not much you can do with his coupon, especially when he has a tash. :laugh2:

The Continental Op

I loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime - you'll have enough time to catch up the first two series before series 3 arrives in early December.

Edited by The Continental Op

Brassic definitely a good laugh after the average first episode

Was looking forward to the terror after a good first season, but the second isn’t great

On 12/09/2019 at 11:31, luckyBatistuta said:

Just started watching Mr Mercedes last night and fell asleep during the first episode. From what I can remember seeing of it, it seemed not bad. Anybody watched this, is it any good?

Well worth a watch, gets better each episode. Brendan Gleeson is immense in the lead.

On 08/09/2019 at 20:21, Cruyff Turn said:

Well worth a watch.

Just finished it. Thought it was excellent.

2 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Just finished it. Thought it was excellent.

It’s surprisingly good. It looks like there could be another season with a different Spy. 

On 14/09/2019 at 10:49, Judge Fudge said:

Well worth a watch, gets better each episode. Brendan Gleeson is immense in the lead.

Agreed. Season 3 has started in the states now too. 

Carl Fredrickson

Finished the American Office and absolutely loved it. 9 series and it tailed off a bit towards the end BUT so many fantastic characters. Sorry to have come to its end. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Finished the American Office and absolutely loved it. 9 series and it tailed off a bit towards the end BUT so many fantastic characters. Sorry to have come to its end. 

100% agree, the first 5 series especially are fantastic

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

100% agree, the first 5 series especially are fantastic

I only watched it as i was looking for something to watch and someone at work had been raving about it. I now compare folk in my work with characters from the show!

On 12/09/2019 at 11:31, luckyBatistuta said:

Yes its good.  The first season is terrific . The second season I can only describe as " odd" as it veers into something quite different from the first season.  But its still good. Im now on the 3rd season episode 3 and its back on track again. Anything with the wonderful Brendan Gleason is worth a watch i feel.  

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes its good.  The first season is terrific . The second season I can only describe as " odd" as it veers into something quite different from the first season.  But its still good. Im now on the 3rd season episode 3 and its back on track again. Anything with the wonderful Brendan Gleason is worth a watch i feel.  

I’m on episode 8 of season 1 now and loving it. Some unbelievably creepy and revolting scenes. A must watch for anybody who hasn’t seen this yet...Now get the **** oot o me fookin house😁

On 23/09/2019 at 18:47, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m on episode 8 of season 1 now and loving it. Some unbelievably creepy and revolting scenes. A must watch for anybody who hasn’t seen this yet...Now get the **** oot o me fookin house😁

The opening scene on the very first episode was horrific but brilliant at the same time.

One of my favourite shows of all time.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, benny said:

The opening scene on the very first episode was horrific but brilliant at the same time.

One of my favourite shows of all time.

Yeah, what a start. Scene with Kelly Preston...holy ####

...a bit disco
5 hours ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

When is this on ?, looks good

"Coming soon" apparently.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series