Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Budgie's Boyfriend

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet but the new series "Warren", I think that's what it's called, starring Martin Clunes is pretty funny , daft but funny .

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On my third run through of The Sopranos. Enjoying it just as much as the first time I watched it.

Outstanding series.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet but the new series "Warren", I think that's what it's called, starring Martin Clunes is pretty funny , daft but funny .

I don't mind it. Interestingly written by Paul McKenna and I think it's very sharply written. Reminds me of Rev which also does the job passing some time

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

On my third run through of The Sopranos. Enjoying it just as much as the first time I watched it.

Outstanding series.

Im due a third run at this too. It is without doubt the greatest tv series IMO

rudi must stay

Outstanding series.

Gandolfini is faultless

On 06/03/2019 at 11:16, Ray Gin said:

Outstanding series.

Indeed. I’ve watched it all twice. Once in dvd then on Blu-ray.  Need to give it a third outing soon as well. The best TV show ever for me. Absolutely faultless

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Indeed. I’ve watched it all twice. Once in dvd then on Blu-ray.  Need to give it a third outing soon as well. The best TV show ever for me. Absolutely faultless

Well not just  Gandolfini.   All the cast were incredible and such a great array of characters. I enjoyed Tonys interactions with the horrendous Livia. Soprano. Their relationship underscored the whole series. I also loved the therapy sessions with Dr Melfi and my all time favourite scene is towards the end when she finally boots him out of the office...Incredible acting all round from all the cast and the humour at times was brilliant.. So many highlights from this show. 

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well not just  Gandolfini.   All the cast were incredible and such a great array of characters. 

Indeed, this is what sets this and The Wire apart from tripe like The Walking Dead. A completely different class in terms of dialogue and character development. 

JudyJudyJudy

Indeed, this is what sets this and The Wire apart from tripe like The Walking Dead. A completely different class in terms of dialogue and character development. 

Yes " The wire" is my second all time favourite..Must re watch it. Superb

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes " The wire" is my second all time favourite..Must re watch it. Superb

I've already watched it 3 times. Brilliant. 

On 28/01/2019 at 23:06, Ray Gin said:

The Night Manager is good. Worth a watch.

Where can you find this, can't see it on my Box sets or Netflix?

Carl Fredrickson
19 minutes ago, GYL said:

Where can you find this, can't see it on my Box sets or Netflix?

Have you tried Iplayer? Was on it last week

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Have you tried Iplayer? Was on it last week

Just had a look.....not there any more, maybe too late for catch up now?

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, GYL said:

Just had a look.....not there any more, maybe too late for catch up now?

Keep an eye on Netflix for it. If it has been pulled from Iplayer it may be time for it to go on to Netflix

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Keep an eye on Netflix for it. If it has been pulled from Iplayer it may be time for it to go on to Netflix

Will do....Cheers

scott herbertson

Knightfall (netflix series 1)

I love a good medieval epic.

Unfortunately this isn't one - a wasted opportunity with  some terrible casting (some of the characters wouldn't be out of place in Shrek, especially King Philip of France)

I really can't believe they made one of the lead characters look so like an animated villain

King Philip in Knightfall

Image result for shrek wicked prince

Lord Farqhuar in Shrek

Image result for philip france knightfall

Disser Pointon

After Life. 9.5/10. I'm not a big fan of Gervais as an individual but he writes terrific stuff, watched all 6 episodes in one go. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cheat (ITV 9pm all this week) looked good last night

intriguing story

Agree. First episode was decent and good that it continues all week. 

Molly Windsor is a bit of a looker but plays the sinister role really well. 

On 11/03/2019 at 10:01, Bleedsmaroon said:

After Life. 9.5/10. I'm not a big fan of Gervais as an individual but he writes terrific stuff, watched all 6 episodes in one go. 

Weirdly the only thing i have not liked is the office.

After Life is my next binge watch over the weekend.

JudyJudyJudy
On 8 March 2019 at 18:13, Ray Gin said:

I've already watched it 3 times. Brilliant. 

Just notived the box DVDs

set of the 4 seasons is on sale at the British heart foundation shop at Dalry road for £9.99 ! Very good value . I don't have DVD player so wouldn't buy it 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just notived the box DVDs

set of the 4 seasons is on sale at the British heart foundation shop at Dalry road for £9.99 ! Very good value . I don't have DVD player so wouldn't buy it 

It pops up on Sky Boxsets fairly regularly, and has the bonus of being widescreen + HD.

If you enjoy F1 then Formula 1 Drive To Survive on Netflix is a excellent documentary series following the whole of last season with a lot of access to the teams and drivers. With the notable exceptions of Mercedes and Ferrari. It also becomes very clear why there is a time lapse before pit  radio communications are broadcast. 

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Madeleine mccann documentary on Netflix from tomorrow. 

Looking forward to this!

Alwaysthought the parents had something to do with her disappearance. Hopefully we'll find out what really happened to her one day.

rudi must stay
On 14/03/2019 at 18:03, AndyNic said:

Looking forward to this!

Alwaysthought the parents had something to do with her disappearance. Hopefully we'll find out what really happened to her one day.

It is brilliant. Very well put together

Love, Death and Robots - Netflix

Brilliant ,a series of individual animated episodes.The animation is top notch and very unique.

Cruyff Turn

Watch the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix. 

Have to to admit I always thought the parents were guilty but I was misinformed.

Totally changed my opinion. Poor people, I hope one day she is found alive and is reunited with them. 

On 12/03/2019 at 10:28, Carl Fredrickson said:

Started Fortitude last night and enjoyed the first two episodes. 

Don't waste your time beyond season 1.....weird as fcuk.... and totally ridiculous.... there is other reviews on here if you use the search....sorry

Carl Fredrickson
19 minutes ago, GYL said:

Don't waste your time beyond season 1.....weird as fcuk.... and totally ridiculous.... there is other reviews on here if you use the search....sorry

Thanks for the tip. I finished series 1 on Friday but couldnt be bothered moving onto series 2. Will take your advice. 

Disser Pointon

Watched Derek on the back of After Life as hadn't caught it originally. Really enjoyed it, a lot of poignant moments similar to After Life. Solid 8.5/10.

For a spare 15 minutes, Love Death and Robots on Netflix.

Edited by Marvin
emedding lnk

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

For a spare 15 minutes, Love Death and Robots on Netflix.

I binged the whole thing a few nights ago. A mixture of brilliant, not so good, and just downright odd. Loved the yogurt one.

chester copperpot
On 13/03/2019 at 19:18, Tazio said:

If you enjoy F1 then Formula 1 Drive To Survive on Netflix is a excellent documentary series following the whole of last season with a lot of access to the teams and drivers. With the notable exceptions of Mercedes and Ferrari. It also becomes very clear why there is a time lapse before pit  radio communications are broadcast. 

On episode 3 just now and loving it.

The delay on the radio stuff is defo needed ?

chester copperpot
On 19/03/2019 at 15:33, Bleedsmaroon said:

Watched Derek on the back of After Life as hadn't caught it originally. Really enjoyed it, a lot of poignant moments similar to After Life. Solid 8.5/10.

Did the same Haha. Did it really end in series 3 episode 1?

Disser Pointon
16 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Did the same Haha. Did it really end in series 3 episode 1?

Looks that way!

On 13/03/2019 at 19:18, Tazio said:

Just finished watching yesterday. Very good series. Max needs his mouth washed out :laugh:

...a bit disco

The Miami Showband Massacre on Netflix.

Absolutely astounding documentary. 

The Internet

Gomorrah s4 meant to start tonight but can't see it listed on sky atlantic, guessing it's on in the US? 

William H. Bonney
39 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Gomorrah s4 meant to start tonight but can't see it listed on sky atlantic, guessing it's on in the US? 

It's on sky Italia first. We won't get it till may or June probably. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series