• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disser Pointon
18 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just finished the latest season of Vikings. A suitably epic last episode setting it up nicely for the next one.

Have struggled to get into this one, not the same since Ragnar died. 

Mayans MC, the spinoff from Sons of Anarchy, started last night on BBC2. Haven't watched the first episodes yet, but hopefully it's of a similar standard to SoA.

rudi must stay

Baptiste

A spin off of the interesting BBC show The Missing is due to start in a few weeks on BBC

It has an intriguing trailer and is co starring Tom Hollander, who's always very good. So that could be worth watching

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Baptiste

A spin off of the interesting BBC show The Missing is due to start in a few weeks on BBC

It has an intriguing trailer and is co starring Tom Hollander, who's always very good. So that could be worth watching

Looking forward to this , the missing was class

Disser Pointon
On 03/02/2019 at 16:34, Louis Litt said:

Mayans MC, the spinoff from Sons of Anarchy, started last night on BBC2. Haven't watched the first episodes yet, but hopefully it's of a similar standard to SoA.

Have watched three first 3, not too bad. 

luckyBatistuta

Just watched the Manhunt three part drama with Martin Clunes, really enjoyable. Love these type of programmes, as you get  to see how they slowly close the net on these monsters and how they eventually caught him in this one.

On 03/02/2019 at 22:19, rudi must stay said:

Baptiste

I have had a dislike  of him and Olivia Coleman since that Vicar or Reverand show - made Vicar of Dibley look funny.

I'm clearly in the minority as they seem to be the flavour of the month, darlings of the chattering classes, bewilders me.

I'll listen out for Baptiste though, Hollander played an almost believable character in Birdbox so prepared to admit if I'm wrong

As for Queen Olivia.. the new Judi Dench

rudi must stay
Just now, geomac said:

I have had a dislike  of him and Olivia Coleman since that Vicar or Reverand show - made Vicar of Dibley look funny.

I'm clearly in the minority as they seem to be the flavour of the month, darlings of the chattering classes, bewilders me.

I'll listen out for Baptiste though, Hollander played an almost believable character in Birdbox so prepared to admit if I'm wrong

As for Queen Olivia.. the new Judi Dench

Thought it was guff to begin with too. But Rev grows on you, and it's not really a comedy (not many laughs it is more about character situations) Clever episodes, they have one with Liam Neeson that's terrific. But maybe I'm in the minority there, would be good to hear other posters opinions of it

On 08/01/2019 at 23:28, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

Absolutely fantastic, had me gripped from the very start. 

Loved it. 

luckyBatistuta
On 28/01/2019 at 20:46, milky_26 said:

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

Just finished season 1 of Bosch, really enjoyed it, can’t wait to get stuck in to season 2 :thumb:

On 30/01/2019 at 18:09, JamesM48 said:

I watched flabbeghasted " Abduction in plain site" On Netlix....true documentary about a child who was repeatedly raped and abducted by a guy.  The parents of the child were completely negligent in their " care" of her but the guy was a very sophisticated groomer and completely duped them. A harrowing tale. Thank god children and parents now know more about the insidious nature of grooming and the lengths those guys ( mostly male) go to to satisfy their twisted sexual needs.  

Got more and mental as it went on. 

I found the last few minutes odd as they were out selling the story. Them milking it seemed strange. 

Just after a relatively casual chat between the dad and his 13 daughter who had left home and wanted to marry the man who'd he'd had a sexual relationship with and had bonked his wife. So very odd. I'm not gonna bother thinking about it anymore, it's too messed up.

12 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Got more and mental as it went on. 

I found the last few minutes odd as they were out selling the story. Them milking it seemed strange. 

Just after a relatively casual chat between the dad and his 13 daughter who had left home and wanted to marry the man who'd he'd had a sexual relationship with and had bonked his wife. So very odd. I'm not gonna bother thinking about it anymore, it's too messed up.

It was all a bit weird, but I didn't think it was that interesting a documentary. They obviously wanted to make money from the story, why the dad would want to sit and tell that whole sorry story on film doesn't sit right with me.

Caught up with Shetland on BBC last night, brilliant!

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Just finished 'Dirty John' on Netflix. Recommend it! 

Finished it last night. Good show. Guy was a complete basket case. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just finished Russian Doll on Netflix. A genuine WTF show. I enjoyed it but Christ knows what was going on. 

Worth a watch? I can't decide on what to start next! 

On 16/02/2019 at 22:12, tokyowalnut said:

Worth a watch? I can't decide on what to start next! 

It’s a pretty interesting binge watch with only 8 half hour episodes. 

I started on The Umbrella Academy yesterday. Nicely off kilter adaptation of a comic book. Very odd but enjoyable so far. It starts off pretty slowly but the pace picks up once they’ve established the back stories. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Not into superhero stuff but binged two seasons of the punisher the main guy plays the role of frank well. thoroughly enjoyed it

Yes he's very good, intense. He's one of the first actors to sign up to the new Sopranos prequal as well btw

Carl Fredrickson
On 16/02/2019 at 14:14, tokyowalnut said:

Just finished 'Dirty John' on Netflix. Recommend it! 

Thanks for the recommendation - just finished it and really enjoyed it

21 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Thanks for the recommendation - just finished it and really enjoyed it

Yes started it last night. Its very good . Thanks for the recommedation

On 17/02/2019 at 22:16, Tazio said:

I started on The Umbrella Academy yesterday. Nicely off kilter adaptation of a comic book. Very odd but enjoyable so far. It starts off pretty slowly but the pace picks up once they’ve established the back stories. 

Watched the first episode tonight. WTF? A dude living on the moon? Anyway, going to continue &     see where it goes. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Watched the first episode tonight. WTF? A dude living on the moon? Anyway, going to continue &     see where it goes. 

Oh it gets way weirder than that.

On 17/02/2019 at 22:16, Tazio said:

Started watching the first episode then abandoned as the Mrs wasn't digging it.  Watched Kingdom, the Korean medieval zombie thing.  NOt too bad.

Does Hardy Bucks counts as a series?  It's genius!  Father Ted on pills!

Just noticed Gomorrah season 4 trailer above. Best thing on tv at the moment but absolutely brutal at the same time. Said it once and I'll stick by it, if you start liking a character they'll more than likely be dead or battered within the next 3 eps.

rudi must stay
On 08/02/2019 at 18:52, Pans Jambo said:

Half way through Sky’s Das Boot. Based on the film of the same name. Fantastic. 

Tone of it is spot on. Reminds me of Fury :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Did all 13 episodes of New Amsterdam last Sunday.

Thoroughly enjoyed it if a bit cheesy. Don't really like medical dramas but this was good.

On 03/02/2019 at 16:34, Louis Litt said:

Didnt realise it was a spin off (thought the SoA cameo in ep1 was just a wee easter egg/fan service)

I thought SoA was an pile of dung. Desperate housewives on motorbikes.

Only watched episode 1 of Mayans but seems ok. Main guy seems better than his SoA counterpart.

As for biker shows watch Gangland Undercover (loosely based on a true story) its excellent. Gritty, well cast 

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 12:45, rudi must stay said:

MotherFatherSon looks very good with Richard Gere and the lady from Peaky Blinders

Helen McCrory. Very good actress.

On 05/01/2018 at 01:11, Tazio said:

Started watching Van Helsing on Netflix. Not at all what I thought it was going to be, looks from the advertising likes it's going to be a teen adventure type thing. Where it's more like The Walking Dead with a group of people trying to survive after a catastrophic event that has made most of the population vampires. Not your Dracula types but more like feral beasts. Not brilliant but very watchable.

The 3rd series of this has just arrived on Netflix. 

rudi must stay
On 24/02/2019 at 11:46, John Findlay said:

She's on the rise certainly. 

Shows to watch. This time with Alan Partridge, surprised there's not a thread about it

On 24/02/2019 at 11:46, John Findlay said:

For a moment I thought that was the blonde hot one. 

However, yes she is a damn good actress. If Gere isn’t overbearing this one looks good

On 01/02/2019 at 15:57, Bleedsmaroon said:

Have struggled to get into this one, not the same since Ragnar died. 

Oh Cheers ?. I'll no bother watching it now.  :D

tokyowalnut

Homeland series 7 is pretty good. I had almost given up on it, but I'm stuck indoors with man flu so thought I'd give it a shot.

Would still like Carrie to be taken out!!

North Berwick Jambo

This is a review I put up in the movies thread, thought I would post it in here as well as it’s on tomorrow night on Nat geo at 8pm & well worth a watch ?

Free Solo

The National Geographic film about the climber Alex Honnold attempting to be the first person to climb the 3200ft El Capitan’s in Yosemite without any ropes or safety equipment.

Really enjoyed this right up until he actually starts to attempt it, hights have never bothered me but dear god it was almost difficult to watch at times and my hands were actually sweating. Jaw dropping stuff, highly recommend it! 

9/10 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

1 hour ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

This is a review I put up in the movies thread, thought I would post it in here as well as it’s on tomorrow night on Nat geo at 8pm & well worth a watch ?

Free Solo

The National Geographic film about the climber Alex Honnold attempting to be the first person to climb the 3200ft El Capitan’s in Yosemite without any ropes or safety equipment.

Really enjoyed this right up until he actually starts to attempt it, hights have never bothered me but dear god it was almost difficult to watch at times and my hands were actually sweating. Jaw dropping stuff, highly recommend it! 

9/10 

Yes I second this. Superb and well worth watching. 

scott herbertson

anyone have a good tv series streaming link - just realised i missed the second half of Vikings series 5 and my amazon prime membership has run out for the moment. PM will do, thanks

JudyJudyJudy

Finished " Dirty John" on Netflix. . It was terrific. A good and realistic ( true story) of how an abusive relationship can evolve into total carnage. Great acting from the leads Connie Britton and Eric Bana.  There is also the documentary on Netflix about the real story with Deborah Newell ( the victim) interviewed and other victims of Meehan.  Remarkably the tv series is very true to the real story and doesn't appear to have had things added for " dramatic licence" which makes a change. Both well worth watching. 

On 04/03/2019 at 23:02, JamesM48 said:

Finished " Dirty John" on Netflix. . It was terrific. A good and realistic ( true story) of how an abusive relationship can evolve into total carnage. Great acting from the leads Connie Britton and Eric Bana.  There is also the documentary on Netflix about the real story with Deborah Newell ( the victim) interviewed and other victims of Meehan.  Remarkably the tv series is very true to the real story and doesn't appear to have had things added for " dramatic licence" which makes a change. Both well worth watching. 

We just finished the series tonight. It was pretty good. Bana as usual is excellent.

looking forward to seeing the documentary about the real John now. 

Terrifying this happened 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series