• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

Carl Fredrickson

You on Netflix. What starts of as some guy being obsessed with a lassie turns into something a bit more darker.  Really enjoyed it.

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Just finished " Escape at Danemorra" . Based on a true story Excellent series , only 7 compact and tight episodes so it doesn't drag . The Acting is award winning from Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro . The real character of Joyce was very interesting and quirky . It's still not clear what role she really played in the prisoners escape but she's quite a character in the programme ! ( in real

life it seems too )  I had felt sorry for the two prisoners until the viewer finds out why they are inside and any sympathy evaporated . For some reason it reminds me of " Fargo " tv programme . 9/10 from me . 

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Edited by Ray Gin

rudi must stay

Finally sat through Brexit: Civil War (I think it's called) it's on 4 On Demand anyway. Very good, Great humour throughout and Cumberbarch is as always very watchable and charismatic. Worth a watch 

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I liked how they did that. Waited until you'd been kind of rooting for them a bit before showing you their true characters and why they were inside. Excellent series, 9/10 from me too. 

Is it on Netflix?

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Doubt it. I caught it on Sky boxsets (it's on Sky Atlantic).

Perfect I should get it in that. Cheers

8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes it was a real shock.They were / are a real couple of scum bags and I think they basically took advantage of Joyce..I did wonder if she had some sort of disability or was just a randy git l and needy ol

On 15/01/2019 at 10:55, Dawnrazor said:

True Detective 3.

The first two episodes were very good I thought. 

Definitely this. Excellent performances from the leads

luckyBatistuta

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

North Berwick Jambo

New series of The Grand Tour, Star Trek Discovery & The Punisher available from today. 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Titans on Netflix has been better than I expected it to be. 

I've watched the first few and it's not bad, expected just another teen superhero series, and it is that but also a bit more gritty than some.

...a bit disco
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Enjoyed it myself.

Decent, with sweary words to boot.

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

is that the one with robin/nightwing? if so i'm not sure about it. Also i dont know if the doom patrol series which they are spinning off (well at least planning to) from it will work

On 09/01/2019 at 02:03, Tazio said:

I've just discovered that season 13 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is on Netflix after reading last year that it wouldn't be shown. 

This makes me happy.

Still the funniest shows ever 

On 14/01/2019 at 17:45, Mauricio Pinilla said:

True Detective S3 started. 

I am hesitant because season 1 was incredible and the second was so so poor

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Working my way through this series of The Punisher on Netflix. Slower paced than the first season but still good.

Without giving anything away there’s a fight with some Russians. 

Christ but it’s brutal. 

North Berwick Jambo

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

On 16/01/2019 at 22:39, luckyBatistuta said:

‘StartUp’ on Amazon is superb, watched all three seasons and can’t wait for the next...love the Ronald Dacey character.

Just started watching ‘Animal Kingdom’ on Amazon. On season 3 already and really enjoying it.

Animal kingdom is ace

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Animal kingdom is ace

Loving it bud, halfway through season 3. There better be a season 4, as I’ll be gutted if there’s not.

Btw, careful what you say, not wanting you spoiling anything for me...not that you would :D

Pope is my favourite character so far.

Might have already been said, not read through the whole thread but the US Office 

Nothing in my opinion comes close to even matching it, I can re watch that any time and still doesn't get old 

Best show out there 

scott herbertson
On 24/01/2019 at 14:36, Ibiza Jambo said:

Just noticed that Conversations With A Killer - “The Ted Bundy Tapes”  is out this morning on Netflix. Another of their new  documentaries that is getting a lot of attention is “Abducted in Plain Sight” Anyone watch it yet? 

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

I'd recommend it.

luckyBatistuta

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was recommended ‘two doors down’ so downloaded it all on sky. Absolutely brilliant. If you like still game etc you’ll love it. Scottish humour nailed

Just finished the box set on I-player. Very enjoyable with a few laugh out loud moments. 

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone watched any of these and could recommend which is good, going to watch one of them after I finish Animal Kingdom.

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

bosch is great, person of interest is a good concept that is worth a watch. 

the mentalist started well but fell off badly and became really repetitive. 

have not seen the night manager but have heard it is good

Cheers buddy, think I’ll go for Bosch first after that.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

The Night Manager is very very good

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No, it’s on my next list tho. 

‘Thought you were going to decide between them, Bosch it is then:thumb:

3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” this morning. Very strange family and their neighbour was mental. 

Watched it tonight and I note there has been a lot of criticism of the parents and their role. Yes they didn't keep their daughter safe and seemed more concerned about their  affairs being aired in public than protecting their daughter , but the guy was an arch manipulator and duped them easily.  Its easy to condemn them but it was  the 1970s and sadly people were less knowledgeable about the insidious nature of grooming. He was a very sophisticated groomer.  I couldn't believe how he manipulated the girl into thinking that aliens would destroy her family etc.  He was that " smart" ( probably not the best word) . 

4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Watching it with my daughter - it's pretty good. I had read a lot about it before so no surprises really for me, but the documentary footage and presentation are very good . And even though I know what happened it is still chilling viewing

I'd recommend it.

I thought the Bundy Tapes were excellent.  

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Bosch?

The Mentalist?

The Night Manager?

Person Of Interest?

The Night Manager is good. Worth a watch.

16 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

It's in Italian but it certainly whets the appetite. 

Love this show. One of the best on tv in recent years. Definitely worth watching if you've not seen it yet.

16 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

It's in Italian but it certainly whets the appetite. 

Edited by dougal
Double post

North Berwick Jambo
19 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

So did I, i knew who Bundy was but I had no idea just how crazy his entire story was from beginning to end. Absolutely mental stuff. 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

On 28/01/2019 at 18:41, scott herbertson said:

I'd recommend it.

I watched flabbeghasted " Abduction in plain site" On Netlix....true documentary about a child who was repeatedly raped and abducted by a guy.  The parents of the child were completely negligent in their " care" of her but the guy was a very sophisticated groomer and completely duped them. A harrowing tale. Thank god children and parents now know more about the insidious nature of grooming and the lengths those guys ( mostly male) go to to satisfy their twisted sexual needs.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series