Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Condor on Universal channel was better than I expected. It's a remake, or as they would no doubt call it, a re-imagining, of the Robert Redford film Three Days of the Condor. It's well written, tense with plenty of action and easy to binge watch, with good performances throughout. Has also been renewed for a second season (although the first is fairly well wrapped up if you want to stop there).

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 16/12/2018 at 18:55, Jambojay84 said:

The innocent man on Netflix. John Grisham’s only nonfiction book made into a documentary. Great watch

On episode 4 and enjoying it 

Bad Blood on Netflix.

Based on the true story of a Canadian mafia family. Half way through, pretty good if you're a Goodfellas fan. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

...a bit disco
On 17/12/2018 at 18:17, scott herbertson said:

Yep - very good

I'd also recommend Last Kingdom - not quite as good as Vikings but its getting better all the time. The scenes with Uthred and Arthur

image.png.d0e4b9c3b8be42eb905254ec6174c8cc.png

The Last Kingdom gets better with each season.

Can't wait for the next one already!

...a bit disco
On 17/12/2018 at 18:17, scott herbertson said:

Yep - very good

I'd also recommend Last Kingdom - not quite as good as Vikings but its getting better all the time. The scenes with Uthred and Arthur

image.png.d0e4b9c3b8be42eb905254ec6174c8cc.png

The Last Kingdom confirmed for Season 4.

Good times.

Disser Pointon
On 19/12/2018 at 23:23, tokyowalnut said:

Bad Blood on Netflix.

Based on the true story of a Canadian mafia family. Half way through, pretty good if you're a Goodfellas fan. 

Got one to go on this, been enjoying it. 

Disser Pointon
On 09/12/2018 at 18:00, ...a bit disco said:

Talking of weird.

Nightflyers (SciFy).

Sci fi /horror set in space. 1st episode was good..

Didn't think this was out yet, written by George R R Martin of GOT fame.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Didn't think this was out yet, written by George R R Martin of GOT fame.

Picked it up on a streaming site.

American SYFY Channel airing i think?

10 hours ago, Section Q said:

Surprised no one mentioned Deadwood...!

It has been discussed on this thread previously. Great show.

Really enjoyed Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime.

US remake of a British series that was on several years ago. Didn't see the original to compare.

Black Mirror 'Bandersnatch' thing is out tomorrow. Meant to be a choose your own adventure type thing and supposedly has over 8 hours worth of film available. There is a trailer but haven't watched it. 

Escape from Dannemora - Not bad -True story 2015 U.S. prison break

Not for the kids or watching with your maw tho.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I ended up liking 'You' on Netflix. Hated 99% of the characters immensely but it kept me interested. 

Binged that last week. Enjoyed it. Penn Badgely is great at playing a creep. 

Currently watching 13 reasons why. 

travelers - show about people sent back from the future into the consciousness of people as they are about to die. The reason is to save the future

JudyJudyJudy
On 27/12/2018 at 22:52, rudi must stay said:

ABC Murders on Iplayer. John Malkovic as Poirot, a lot darker than Suchet's Poirot. Well written, well acted. Really good :thumbsup: 3 parter

It wasnt for me. Read all the Christie books when I was a kid. He was nothing like Poirot in any way.. The back story about him being a Priest in Belgium was ludicrous.  It was also sexed up too. My favourite Poirot was Albert Finney in " Murder on the Orient Express".  He was everything I envisaged Poirot would act like and look like. Christie admired his portrayal too. The film is sensational in every way. 

Carl Fredrickson

Gave up on the ABD Murders during the first episode. Not an AC fan but it had been hyped up a lot so I gave it a go. 

Quite enjoyed the latest Luther. Not as good as the first couple but still worth a watch.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Gave up on the ABD Murders during the first episode. Not an AC fan but it had been hyped up a lot so I gave it a go. 

Quite enjoyed the latest Luther. Not as good as the first couple but still worth a watch.

Lost its way after a good start. It threw in all these unneeded subplots as JamesM48 says, I didn't even watch the 2nd episode till the end

On 26/12/2018 at 20:36, Ray Gin said:

Really enjoyed Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime.

US remake of a British series that was on several years ago. Didn't see the original to compare.

original is recommended "must see".

S1 & S2, fantastic, S3 fell apart sadly.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

SAS Who dares wins is back on. Women now taking part

I think I'd have handed my armband in after the bus getting 'ambushed' at the start. ?

I've just discovered that season 13 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is on Netflix after reading last year that it wouldn't be shown. 

This makes me happy.

Hampden Demolition
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

Absolutely fantastic, had me gripped from the very start. 

Agree. Just finished this last night. Not something you would associate with Ben Stiller!

15 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Agree. Just finished this last night. Not something you would associate with Ben Stiller!

That's exactly what I thought, I can't remember anything he's ever been involved with enjoyed! 

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:28, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think I'd have handed my armband in after the bus getting 'ambushed' at the start. ?

The boy who handed his armband in after he realised the toilet situation was a new one

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

The boy who handed his armband in after he realised the toilet situation was a new one

I could handle that. 

The 19 year old girl looks way out of her depth but may be one of those who surprises everyone. 

I like the situation with the mole in the camp. 

26 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I like the situation with the mole in the camp. 

They had a mole in a previous series but it wasn't exposed until much later on.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

They had a mole in a previous series but it wasn't exposed until much later on.

I need to see the earlier series as I'm late to the party with this. 

Looking forward to Hunted returning tomorrow too. 

Carl Fredrickson
On 08/01/2019 at 23:28, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

I agree. One episode left to watch - too late last night to squeeze it in so leaving work early to watch it :)

21 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I agree. One episode left to watch - too late last night to squeeze it in so leaving work early to watch it :)

Is this on Netflix? The cast are outstanding. I watched " Murder Mountain" On Netflix which was pretty good. Its about murders in an area of California where weed is grown legally. Its interesting back story about the effects on the legalisation of weed and how it has impacted on the " growers".  Big business is now involved and the original pioneers of are now out of business. Many built schools, medical centres and community hubs with the money made from illegal weed growing and its all changed now. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is this on Netflix? The cast are outstanding. I watched " Murder Mountain" On Netflix which was pretty good. Its about murders in an area of California where weed is grown legally. Its interesting back story about the effects on the legalisation of weed and how it has impacted on the " growers".  Big business is now involved and the original pioneers of are now out of business. Many built schools, medical centres and community hubs with the money made from illegal weed growing and its all changed now. 

sky atlantic

Just finished the Sunderland AFC documentary on Netflix. I really enjoyed the Man City one, but this was very different. Looking forward to series 2!

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I watched it via Now TV - so as has been said, originally Sky Atlantic. Got a deal for Now TV & movies for £90 for 12 months. 

Murder Mountain was fascinating. The backstory was intriguing. The changes since it was legalised wasnt what the growers hoped for. 

Carl Fredrickson
21 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Just finished the Sunderland AFC documentary on Netflix. I really enjoyed the Man City one, but this was very different. Looking forward to series 2!

I really enjoyed the Man City one - it was the Harrods of documentaries. The Sunderland one I loved! It was more Lidl but I could empathise with a lot of the crap the fans had to put up with. They are filming this season too so series/season 2 should be better for them unless they dont go up!

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I really enjoyed the Man City one - it was the Harrods of documentaries. The Sunderland one I loved! It was more Lidl but I could empathise with a lot of the crap the fans had to put up with. They are filming this season too so series/season 2 should be better for them unless they dont go up!

Haha described perfectly! 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I watched it via Now TV - so as has been said, originally Sky Atlantic. Got a deal for Now TV & movies for £90 for 12 months. 

Murder Mountain was fascinating. The backstory was intriguing. The changes since it was legalised wasnt what the growers hoped for. 

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

Carl Fredrickson
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it was excellent particularly about the pros and cons of legalising it.   I felt sorry for the growers who built up a strong community before big business came along.  

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I live in what was a small village with vibrant shops - no local shops now due to supermarkets a few miles away. I can relate to how the growers have suffered. How long before Amazon etc move into the market?  :)

The number of missing folk was frightening and the authorities didnt care much. 

Yes ! " weed sponsored by Starbucks" doesn't sound so enticing...I also think that cleaning it up etc and making it more " health and safety" probably diminishes it potency.  Yes it was great to see the original " hippie" community and how they all looked after each other. The murders were almost secondary to the plot but still very interesting .  

On 08/01/2019 at 23:28, Dawnrazor said:

Escape from Dannemora. 

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks for the heads up about this. I did see that Patricia Arquette had won a Golden Globe for this but didnt look more into it. I watched 4 episodes last night. Riveting.  She is terrific in it ( also very funny) and Paul Dano and Benico Del Toro too.  Probably watch it through tonight, 

Same. Blitzed 4 episodes yesterday after it was mentioned on here. Brilliant so far.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series