Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Channel zero has been consistently excellent and the new one , the dream door, has started but the rest of the episodes will be shown end of October.  It's very creepy even after one episode 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After everyone I know telling me to watch Killing Eve as I’d love it I eventually got around to starting it last night. It’s excellent. 

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

After everyone I know telling me to watch Killing Eve as I’d love it I eventually got around to starting it last night. It’s excellent. 

I'm with you on this, the killer plays an amazing role!!  Finished watching it last night, we were totally hooked!

Disser Pointon
14 hours ago, Tazio said:

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I'm with you on this, the killer plays an amazing role!!  Finished watching it last night, we were totally hooked!

I watched the first one last night but not sure about whether I'm supposed to be taking it seriously or not, is it worth sticking with then?!

47 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

I watched the first one last night but not sure about whether I'm supposed to be taking it seriously or not, is it worth sticking with then?!

Totally. Very, very dark humour to say the least. 

22 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Absolutely, like Taz says, what's going on is unbelievably serious that she actually makes you laugh about it!!

Best thing I've watched in a while, beats that Bodyguard IMO.

On second series ( refuse to say season) of Mr Mercedes.  its terrific . Just like the first series 

22 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

On second series ( refuse to say season) of Mr Mercedes.  its terrific . Just like the first series 

Took me a few episodes to really buy into the story line in series 2 but I agree, its excellent.

rudi must stay

Really like Maniac. Just started it, but very cool show. They've spent a fortune on it

Edited by rudi must stay

21 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Took me a few episodes to really buy into the story line in series 2 but I agree, its excellent.

Where can you watch this? Prime seems to be unavailable. I'm maybe being a big daft!

Carl Fredrickson
32 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I started the Haunting of Hill House this week on Netflix. Pretty creepy so far and enjoying it!

Watched the first 5 episodes and quite enjoying it. Not my normal kind of show but there is a lot to keep me interested. 

Budgie's Boyfriend
On 13/10/2018 at 22:49, rudi must stay said:

Jack Whitehall second series on Netflix is absolutely legendary

What "Travels with my father" ?

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched the first 5 episodes and quite enjoying it. Not my normal kind of show but there is a lot to keep me interested. 

I'm not into supernatural movies, but the reviews for this was pretty good and I fancied something a bit different. 

Budgie's Boyfriend
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

?

I watched a couple of episodes a wee while ago , don't know who annoys me more , the father or son, both are stuck up their own arseholes. 

On 12/10/2018 at 17:49, Disco Dave said:

Im on episode 6 and to its bat shit crazy..went ski wiff ,,,,..its bizarre....its took a completely different turning to the first series. Ill stay with it as Brendon Gleason and others are brilliant but not exactly loving it. 

jack D and coke
On 20/08/2018 at 19:54, rudi must stay said:

New series out September 21st on Netflix starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone. All about mind minipulation, forgotten the name but looks brilliant :thumbsup:

Just came on to mention that, Maniacs. 

Watched the first two episodes last night. 

Bit weird....maybe got potential. I’ll watch another couple before deciding though.  

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just came on to mention that, Maniacs. 

Watched the first two episodes last night. 

Bit weird....maybe got potential. I’ll watch another couple before deciding though.  

I lost patience with it, I quite liked the overall premise but looking for clues in long dream sequences is my idea of hell. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I lost patience with it, I quite liked the overall premise but looking for clues in long dream sequences is my idea of hell. 

Ah really does it carry on in that vein? I’ll give it another couple and see but was finding that already myself. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ah really does it carry on in that vein? I’ll give it another couple and see but was finding that already myself. 

My Mrs was still quite enjoying it but she has more patience than me, I'll be interested in how other people see it. We got to the end of episode 3 I think it was. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's such a struggle to watch an episode that I have also given up on it

Carl Fredrickson

Somewhere Between on Netflix is quite decent. Could have been a bit of a normal "who dunnit" apart from the time travelling bit. 

Found myself enjoying it more for ogling the female lead than for the storline.....

Carl Fredrickson

The Cry. 4 part drama on BBC about a baby that goes missing. Very well made though hard to watch at times. A few decent twists too. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

series 3 of daredevil has been good. i'm 5 episodes in

I didn't realise it had started, luckily I'm off work tomorrow as I'm on my 3rd straight episode tonight already. 

Carl Fredrickson

Started the second series of Making A Murderer. 3 episodes in and a lot of old ground with the new lawyer using her experts to try and prove the corruption that they claim took place.

On 18/10/2018 at 14:50, Des Lynam said:

Ozark 

+1 

Binged watched the second season over the weekend. Great stuff.

I've recently binges on series 1 and 2 of The Crown on Netflix. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Clare Foy as the  Queen and Vanessa Rigby as Princess Margaret are fantastic. Excellent back up cast too apart from Matt Smith as Prince Philip. Just doesn't bring that spark to him.

I love karl pilkington but couldn't get into Sick of it.

I watched the Windsors recently though, very funny. Beatrice and Eugenie are brilliant, I love Fergie, and Harry Enfield was born to play Prince Charles!

Probably Been mentioned but definatly worth mentioning again, started bindging (unintentionally) on McMafia last night, started watching the first episode to see if it was any good and suddenly realised i was on episode 4 and it was way past my bed time.

Really enjoying it, would definatly recommend it.

Started watching Sabrina on Netflix - forget what you may (or may not) remember about the kids series the teenage witch. This is quite good and well worth giving a try. 

scott herbertson
On 25/10/2018 at 23:05, Tazio said:

I've started watching Norsemen on Netflix, very funny especially if like me you have watched all of the seasons of Vikings.

yeah - I've watched both series - very funny though I took it badly when one of the characters died!

On 25/10/2018 at 21:43, tokyowalnut said:

On Daredevil series 3, brilliant start so far.

just finished this, it keeps up its very good standard really enjoyed it

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series