Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Just started watching season 1 of Hannibal as season 2 got some good press on here.

I would say the second series is possibly better than the first

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rossthejambo

I would say the second series is possibly better than the first

I'd agree with that, just getting to the end of the 2nd just now and it's excellent.

jack D and coke

Interesting.

I watched s1 ep1 for the first time the other day.

I thought it was very good, but have previously avoided due to all the hype.

How anyone can say seasons 2,3 and 4 are shite is beyond me. I don't want to say anything to spoil it for you but there's some good stuff in there. There is some not so good episodes in amongst it all obviously but it all carries the story. I've never watched anything that compares to it tbh.

Glee

An in depth look at the American high school system dealing with life's ups and downs played out to a background of popular music reinterpreted to suit the masses.

Life, Death and the American dream wrapped up in a 50 min show.

Let me know what you think of it.

There is a certain "feel" to how it's shot and scripted. I like it.

Right-o. Just watched the three episodes of The Honourable Woman so far. Been fairly decent I reckon. Gyllenhaal is excellent (how good is her accent BTW!) as is Andrew Buchan who is always decent in what he is in.

Story seems solid enough though can be a bit confuddling at times, but I expect this to be ironed out over the next episode or two. Maybe lacks a wee bit punch, which is hard for me to describe but I hope you get what I mean! That said, its left me looking forward to the next episode each time one ends.

An interesting storyline to show at this current time as well. Also, I do find it amusing that the creator and director was the same guy who made Operation Good Guys.:lol:

Gyllenhaal is excellent (how good is her accent BTW!)

I should also say that I've got the hots for her, but she could do with getting longer hair again. :lol:

I have just got on the Utopia tip, binged watched the 1st series and been drip feeding the second series over the weekend and now fully caught up.

This is a biggie, cracking story, excellent cast and amazing cinematography. I can't praise this or recommend it enough

Started Justified Season 5 on Saturday.

I'm now on Episode 6.

It's an absolute ###### of a show!!! :thumbsup:

:yas: :yas: :yas:

hmfc_liam06

Just downloaded:

Banshee - few episodes in, hope it picks up

True Detective

Strike Back

Been watching:

Orange is the New Black

US Office

Season 3 of The Office was superb.

hmfc_liam06

On the hit list:

Scandal

Game of Thrones

Lilyhammer

Person of Interest

The Bridge

The Killing S4 (starts 1st August on Netflix)

So I said I'd report back...

Me and the missus have really enjoyed Terra Nova.

Only lasts one season as it's big budget was eventually it's downfall

But directed by Steven Spielberg, so is worthy of a watch

Bit of a strange one on Amazon prime Underbelly 1,2,3,5,6 but no 4? Im up to season 3 dont see the point in watching 5 and missing out 4.

Bit of a strange one on Amazon prime Underbelly 1,2,3,5,6 but no 4? Im up to season 3 dont see the point in watching 5 and missing out 4.

Im pretty certain 4 is shit, I havenae seen 5 and 6 cos I couldnae make it all the way through 4.

Power and Gang Related are both good with similar hook, Female investigator seeing the person she's looking for.

Crossbones Malcovich is superb as always playing a great Malcovich

Im pretty certain 4 is shit, I havenae seen 5 and 6 cos I couldnae make it all the way through 4.

4 is shit,thats the one called Razor and set in the 20's.There is another one set in the 20's that is meant to be much better.

It also doesn't matter if you miss out 4 as it's totally unrelated to the others.

It also doesn't matter if you miss out 4 as it's totally unrelated to the others.

Cheers thats next on my watch list then.

Say What Again

Just finished season 1 of Hannibal and quite enjoyed it. I'll start on season 2 some time soon.

One thing though.....

Will's hallucinating/sleepwalking/'episodes' was starting to drag on a bit toward the end of the season. I know that was all part of leading toward the climax and his near breakdown - I just felt it took over the show a little.

Anyone who never caught Generation War on Bbc2 a few month back its now on US Netflix . Well worth watching.

Watched resurrection, couldn't believe it was unrelated to the French series les revenants. Quite enjoyed it tbh.

Finally working my way through the Sopranos. Good so far only at season 2 episode 12 but its not as great as its made out.

Captain Sausage

Just finished Luther, it's brilliant.

Any similar series? Heard good things about Sherlock..

rudi must stay

Just finished Luther, it's brilliant.

Any similar series? Heard good things about Sherlock..

Sherlock is exceptional, worth watching for Cumberbatch. There are lots of good detective shows, Endeavour is pretty good, all about Inspector Morse's life starting as a policeman, very watchable

Everybody loves Baz

Peaky Blinders season 2 starting soon.

Cannae wait !!!

Carl Fredrickson

Nearly finished series 2 of the US House of Cards and to be honest all the hype has left me underwhelmed by it.

HoC is a show I watch with the Mrs but I have been watching Sons of Anarchy (on series 2 of that ) and I am really enjoying it too

Luther and Sherlock are both well worth a watch and another one I enjoyed was Thorne. i read the books prior to the TV shows being made and the books are amazing but the TV show is a good interpretation of the characters

Would also state the already mentioned The Killing. I think The Bridge may be next on my to watch list as that gets well recommended too

Hugh Phamism

Matador has to be watched it is horrendously bad

I was in a hotel in Long Beach, CA earlier this year and they were filming an episode of Matador around the hotel and pool. It was set up to look like Mexico (Mexican plates on VW Beetles, signs in the lobby, etc). The cast were all young and beautiful, but as soon as the director shouted cut, the stars fecked off to a trailer, and the support cast whipped out their phones for a quick FB status update.

I just sat on my balcony, bemused at the antics, and got slowly pissed on Fireball. :tiny:

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

Borgen- Series One and Two - amazingly addictive and original.

Series Three is Gashauskis - wouldn't bother.

Edited by Deodato

Gigolo-Aunt

Sherlock is exceptional, worth watching for Cumberbatch. There are lots of good detective shows, Endeavour is pretty good, all about Inspector Morse's life starting as a policeman, very watchable

Loved Endeavour - thought it was an excellent series.

Borgen- Series One and Two - amazingly addictive and original.

Series Three is Gashauskis - wouldn't bother.

I'm a Borgen fan too, although I didn't find it quite as enthralling as the other Nordic dramas like The Killing and The Bridge. All good stuff, though.

Just started watching Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic,

Its set around Neapolitian crime wars, its in Itialian with Subtitles, very violent, cant wait for the next programme,

On a side note, i have started watching the Sopranos box set on Sky demand, forgot how good it was.

Its set around Neapolitian crime wars, its in Itialian with Subtitles, very violent, cant wait for the next programme,

On a side note, i have started watching the Sopranos box set on Sky demand, forgot how good it was.

Was raging with Sky Demand the other night, despite it not being great (but watchable) I'd been working my way through the Criminal Minds box set, half way through season 8 and they have only bloody gone and gotten rid of it entirely!

Stuart McNeill

Just finished season 3 last week.

Superb programme.

I'm 5? Episodes into season four.

Shows amazing.

Got house of cards ready to be watched but still can't get into it.

Will try hanibal next.

Is that based on the film/book of the same name?

Is that based on the film/book of the same name?

The Sky Info, says it's based on a book,

Also forgot to say in my op, it's on Monday nights 9pm, Sky Atlantic

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series