Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

weststand93

just finshed watching season 1 of Bates Motel , i've come to the conclusion that it always rain at night time on this show

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a 70's classics kick at the moment. Currently alternately watching Logan's Run and The Six Million Dollar Man

Sterling Archer

Does the third series of the Killing learn from the mistakes of the first two?

Started watching Sons of Anarchy today,

Switched it off after 25 minutes. Will try and get through the episode after the football, but it's not exactly gripping.

Does it get better?

Switched it off after 25 minutes. Will try and get through the episode after the football, but it's not exactly gripping.

Does it get better?

Yes, a lot.

Does it get better?

Its in my Top 3, great series

Yes, a lot.

Its in my Top 3, great series

I'll stick it on after Extra Time / Penalties finishes then :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Does it get better?

Sure it could be on this thread, but I did exactly the same thing! Me and the Mrs looked at each other and thought this is pish!

People on here convinced me to give it another bash, which I did. It took me quite a few episodes (possibly 5-6) to think it was going somewhere however by the end of the first season I was hooked.

Now the Mrs has watched them all as well and it's up there as one of the best things I've watched!

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone watched:

Under the Dome

Crossing Lines

Not sure if they're Amazon Instant exclusives however they're available on there.

Also seen an advert for a futuristic series coming up with Halle Berry called Extant also available via Amazon. Looks good.

Anyone watched:

Under the Dome

Crossing Lines

Not sure if they're Amazon Instant exclusives however they're available on there.

Also seen an advert for a futuristic series coming up with Halle Berry called Extant also available via Amazon. Looks good.

Everyone tells me to watch Under the dome but im not sure it appeals to me.

Rudolf's Mate

Might be something for me to watch with the Mrs.

Season 1 of Under the Dome was decent. Season 2 will tell us if it's going anywhere.

Currently watching Penny Dreadful - Decent.

Believe - Not very good

Fargo - Excellent

Some shows coming up shortly that i really fancy:-

1. The Strain

2. Leftovers

3. The Last Ship

4. Dominion

5. Extant

And i believe Utopia Season 2 starts soon. Yaaaaaaassssss

Sexton Hardcastle

Finished Breaking Bad the other night.

Fair to say it didn't live up to its hype. Still an okay watch but not a patch on The Sopranos or the likes.

True Detective next.

Under the Dome is absolutely amazing, provided you haven't read the book (and can get over the fact that Big Jim Rennie is Hank from Breaking Bad :lol:)

It's the same story but some severe artistic liberties have been taken!

Season 1 of Under the Dome was decent. Season 2 will tell us if it's going anywhere.

Currently watching Penny Dreadful - Decent.

Believe - Not very good

Fargo - Excellent

Some shows coming up shortly that i really fancy:-

1. The Strain

2. Leftovers

3. The Last Ship

4. Dominion

5. Extant

And i believe Utopia Season 2 starts soon. Yaaaaaaassssss

the first episode of under the dome second series was very good Edited by milky_26

Under the Dome is absolutely amazing, provided you haven't read the book (and can get over the fact that Big Jim Rennie is Hank from Breaking Bad :lol:)

It's the same story but some severe artistic liberties have been taken!

Never read the book is it written by Stephen King or am I thinking if something else?

Tommy Wiseau

Fair to say it didn't live up to its hype. Still an okay watch but not a patch on The Sopranos or the likes.

True Detective next.

I've just finished it as well. It's absolutely tremendous. It's not quite as good as people say - a little bit behind The Wire etc - but it's superbly written and definitely an awful lot more than a decent watch.

Now onto House Of Cards. It's ok so far, and Spacey is great, but not really grabbing me. A bit too cold, but it has potential to be brilliant.

Sterling Archer

I've just finished it as well. It's absolutely tremendous. It's not quite as good as people say - a little bit behind The Wire etc - but it's superbly written and definitely an awful lot more than a decent watch.

Now onto House Of Cards. It's ok so far, and Spacey is great, but not really grabbing me. A bit too cold, but it has potential to be brilliant.

House of cards is a bit ridiculous. It's not half as good as it thinks it is.

Tommy Wiseau

House of cards is a bit ridiculous. It's not half as good as it thinks it is.

Yep, that's the impression I've had from the handful of episodes I've watched. The televised debates and interviews are always so on the nose and lack subtlety as well. It's keeping me watching, but in comparison to what I've just come from, it's not the one.

Sterling Archer

It's very polished, has some good performances but the plot is flimsy.

You just starting the first series?

Tommy Wiseau

Yep, just finished the episode where he breaks the teacher's strike. See for other shows, that would be a spoiler and I would never have typed it out, but for this the plot doesn't feel like it can be spoiled - it's more about how he gets things done rather than what gets done.

I'm hoping we see him in trickier positions as the series progresses, because other than a really over-egged debating disaster (they really need to judge the tone of them better - the audience aren't idiots), it's been smooth sailing for him - or at least felt like it.

Sterling Archer

Yep, just finished the episode where he breaks the teacher's strike. See for other shows, that would be a spoiler and I would never have typed it out, but for this the plot doesn't feel like it can be spoiled - it's more about how he gets things done rather than what gets done.

I'm hoping we see him in trickier positions as the series progresses, because other than a really over-egged debating disaster (they really need to judge the tone of them better - the audience aren't idiots), it's been smooth sailing for him - or at least felt like it.

Don't hold your breath.

Tommy Wiseau

Glad you told me that with 20 episodes to go - too far in to stop, too far away to get through it quickly :lol:

Does it get better?

It's ok but it gets a bit tedious. I gave up on it during season 5 (I think). It wouldn't get anywhere near a top 3 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling Archer

That's the point though. It's a house of cards. When it inevitably does fall down I'm jus hoping it's worth it.

True Detective next.

True detective is outstanding. Some of the best acting I've seen in a TV series and the casting is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the point though. It's a house of cards. When it inevitably does fall down I'm jus hoping it's worth it.

Don't hold your breath.

jambosean75

Banshee is top notch as well.

the episode where he fights the mma fighter is superb.

Chester™
Has Lilyhammer been suggested?

Watched it recently and really enjoyed it.

Great show. Desperate for the 2nd season to either been shown on telly or be released on DVD. I dont have Netflix and dont intend to get it either.

As an aside, when Mrs Chester and I were in Lillehammer a couple of weeks ago, they were filming Series 3. :)

MrWinningSmith

I've just watched the first two lessons of Lillyhammer with Steve Van Zantd. It's well worth watching, I really enjoyed it.

Carl Fredrickson

Watched the second series of Lillyhammer and it had me laughing out loud at parts. I have Netflix but it may be available on Showbix (if you use them)

After finishing series 2 I checked Google to see if there was a third series planned and it made my day when I read that it should be on Netflix later this year.

Great viewing - the acting and script are great though some folk may be put off by the subtitles.

MrWinningSmith

Watched the second series of Lillyhammer and it had me laughing out loud at parts. I have Netflix but it may be available on Showbix (if you use them)

After finishing series 2 I checked Google to see if there was a third series planned and it made my day when I read that it should be on Netflix later this year.

Great viewing - the acting and script are great though some folk may be put off by the subtitles.

Correct!

I've been meaning to watch it for months but just got around to it last week, I managed to steam through the two seasons and was really happy to see that there would be third season. Steve Van Zantd is amazing in the show... There were so many funny moments as well. the character Jan..... LOL!!

Carl Fredrickson

In the first series, the episode that included the ski jump had me in stitches.

SVZ is a co-writer too. The Mrs didnt watch it but I think I will watch them again with her before S3

Currently watching House of Cards which is ok but IMO is a poor mans West Wing

Say What Again

Must just be me that thought Under the Dome was average at best, bordering on pretty silly. I thought some of the acting was corny as hell too. Most of the time I found myself pondering over if I'd rather ride the ginger or the Latino cop :lol:

In saying that, I'll still watch season 2.

vegas-voss

Anybody watch The Honourable Woman? Geniunely excellent first episode.

I meant to watch that hopefully it's on BBCi player also got Common on sky+ which is meant to be really good just a one off show though.

Must just be me that thought Under the Dome was average at best, bordering on pretty silly. I thought some of the acting was corny as hell too. Most of the time I found myself pondering over if I'd rather ride the ginger or the Latino cop :lol:

In saying that, I'll still watch season 2.

TBH mate I thought it was absolute pish

Started ok but by the end just ridiculous

Falling pink stars?

WTF

vegas-voss

Watched both seasons and it's actually getting better all the time so glad it's getting another season.I think it's so good because there is nothing else like it and it's so ludicrous.

Say What Again

TBH mate I thought it was absolute pish

Started ok but by the end just ridiculous

Falling pink stars?

WTF

Yep. The synchronized 'fitting' of the guy and the girl while muttering "pink stars are falling" being a particular highlight :lol:

The acting of most of the cast, but especially Junior :facepalm:

Edited by Say What Again

Chester™

In the first series, the episode that included the ski jump had me in stitches.

Ive been at the top of that ski jump. Bugger that! :lol:

Pleased to hear The Honourable Woman has some decent reviews. Got that recorded and looking forward to watching it.:)

ok tin hat on because I guess i have different tastes from alot of folk but can anyone think outside the box a bit and recomend me and the wife a decent series we will both like?

Stuff I Like:

Game of Thrones

Terminator: Sarah Conner chronicles

The Walking Dead

Lost (well we enjoyed watching it at the time but what a pile of pish it turned out to be haha)

stuff already tried:

The Wire (not for me but i totally understand why folk would enjoy it)

Breaking Bad (total mince)

Vikings (ok)

Chester™
ok tin hat on because I guess i have different tastes from alot of folk but can anyone think outside the box a bit and recomend me and the wife a decent series we will both like?

Stuff I Like:

Game of Thrones

Terminator: Sarah Conner chronicles

The Walking Dead

Lost (well we enjoyed watching it at the time but what a pile of pish it turned out to be haha)

stuff already tried:

The Wire (not for me but i totally understand why folk would enjoy it)

Breaking Bad (total mince)

Vikings (ok)

What does the wife like? Might give ideas for a 'middle ground'?

scott_jambo

Ive been at the top of that ski jump. Bugger that! :lol:

Pleased to hear The Honourable Woman has some decent reviews. Got that recorded and looking forward to watching it. :)

Let me know what you think of it.

There is a certain "feel" to how it's shot and scripted. I like it.

weststand93

just started season 2 of Chicago Fire if any one watched rescue me and enjoyed it then this show is a must watch

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series