• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say What Again

Fargo. Loving it!

That's on my list, so glad to hear it's good.

I prefer to wait until a series is finished then watch it in a oner rather than an episode a week. Fargo and season 4 of GoT are the two I'm waiting on just now.

I'll finish The Returned tonight, then going to move on to either The Blacklist, or The Following.

Edited by Say What Again

Anyone planning on watching The Returned, its gone from 4oD. It's still on Netflix though.

Raging!

Was just about to start episode four last night and the swines removed it

Imbeciles

Say What Again

Raging!

Was just about to start episode four last night and the swines removed it

Imbeciles

That's how I found out too. Went to watch episode 6 and it was gone.

I was delighted when I checked Netflix on the off chance and it was there.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sopranos starts from scratch on Atlantic tonight for anyone yet to taste it.

Series link the fella.

Sopranos starts from scratch on Atlantic tonight for anyone yet to taste it.

Series link the fella.

I watched the first series of The Sopranos once. Nothing happened.

Sexton Hardcastle

I suggest you watch all 6 series.

The best television series hands down. I'm not sure many would disagree who have seen it from start to finish.

Say What Again

Well finished The Returned last night after seeing the rave reviews on here. I must admit, I thought it was alright and that was about it. It's certainly different and mid-way through I was intrigued to know what was going to happen, how it was all going to come together. By the last episode I was hardly twitching with anticipation. A very 'meh' ending too.

I think some folk see it's foreign with subtitles and automatically say it's great to make themselves feel all worldly :lol:

Say What Again
A very 'meh' ending too.

Too late to edited my post.

The ending seemed to me like there is a second series, but although IMDb lists a series 2, there are no episodes. The original series aired over a year and a half ago so they're certainly dragging their heels over it.

There were just too many story-lines and loose ends to tidy up for that to be an acceptable ending IMO.

Oz and Deadwood now on Amazon prime seen neither before yet. Hoping The Sopranos is added as I've only seen season 1 so far.

Say What Again

Oz and Deadwood now on Amazon prime seen neither before yet. Hoping The Sopranos is added as I've only seen season 1 so far.

Two of my all time favourite shows, that have spawned some of the greatest characters ever.

Though be warned, I was gutted with the ending to Deadwood. I was absolutely loving it. It was all coming together nicely, then it just kind of ends. I found out on here later on that HBO pulled it, when the scriptwriter had planned for another season to complete the story. He had to cobble together an ending. I was genuinely gutted. :(

Edited by Say What Again

Halfway through sopranos series 4

Awesome doesn't come close

Still just behind breaking bad for me but we'll see how it pans out...

Liking Hannibal series 2 just now

Is it worth getting dexter?

Heard its brilliant till series 4 but then goes off the rails?

Season 2 of Orange is the new black in full on Netflix from today. Season 1 was alright.

Chad Sexington

Just got into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Absolutely loving it. :lol:

How the **** have I missed 9 seasons of it?

Edited by Chad Sexington

Two of my all time favourite shows, that have spawned some of the greatest characters ever.

Though be warned, I was gutted with the ending to Deadwood. I was absolutely loving it. It was all coming together nicely, then it just kind of ends. I found out on here later on that HBO pulled it, when the scriptwriter had planned for another season to complete the story. He had to cobble together an ending. I was genuinely gutted. :(

It was to be another two seasons - the plan was to show the creation of an American town/city from mud and shacks to a fully functioning town. It's such a shame HBO pulled it (over costs I think). It's the only show that I think is in the same class as The Sopranos and The Wire and, had it been allowed to finish, may have even bettered them (and that's about as high praise as you can give).

I read an interview with Ian McShane a year or two ago and he said he'd just about gotten over the fact it got cancelled - about 6 years after the last episode!

Watched 3 episodes of Oz last night. Liking it so far. I take it you do 1 Hbo show your getting roles in them all haha.

Say What Again

It was to be another two seasons - the plan was to show the creation of an American town/city from mud and shacks to a fully functioning town. It's such a shame HBO pulled it (over costs I think). It's the only show that I think is in the same class as The Sopranos and The Wire and, had it been allowed to finish, may have even bettered them (and that's about as high praise as you can give).

I read an interview with Ian McShane a year or two ago and he said he'd just about gotten over the fact it got cancelled - about 6 years after the last episode!

I feel his pain. Talking about it now is bringing it all back to me :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

Not posted on this thread for a while mainly due to having so many things to watch :lol:

Think I last mentioned my excitement at the new season of Hannibal House of Cards which both lived up to & exceeded expectation.

Also Vikings second season was equally enjoyable as was Banshee.

I'm positive someone mentioned Blacklist on here a while back?!

Started good however it really, really takes off with plenty of twists. Even the Mrs is really enjoying it!

The Office US is one of the most genuinely funny programmes ever imo.

Watched all 9 seasons and starting from the beginning again.

Chester™
Wallander Think its a new series.

Its a new series of it being shown, but IIRC, its the final series being made.

rudi must stay

From There To Here, is the best thing the beeb have done in recent years, well worth watching on iplayer

Say What Again

Waiting on Game of Thrones and Fargo to finish before I start watching them so looking for a filler in the meantime. Noticed Homeland is on Netflix. Any good?

Only 2 seasons of 12 episodes so would fit the timescale perfectly.

Edited by Say What Again

Ray Donovan, Revolution, Tales from the Crypt, That '70s Show, The Big Bang Theory, The King Of Queens, The Mentalist, The Wonder Years, Underbelly, Unforgettable

and that's it I'm done that's every show I watch on my hard drive

2nd series due to start soon, also Penny Dreadful has had a second series commissioned on the reaction from the first 3 episodes and finally if anyone was into the Strike Back series on Sky, the next season has been put back after one of the lead actors was injured filming the sequel to 300.

Chester™
Homeland is well worth a watch.

It is. Though as I've said before, the series it was based on, Prisoners of War, is absolutely exceptional. Just catching up on Season 2 on Sky Arts. Brilliant TV.

Can someone tell us about Penny Dreadful with it being recommended?

It is. Though as I've said before, the series it was based on, Prisoners of War, is absolutely exceptional. Just catching up on Season 2 on Sky Arts. Brilliant TV.

Season 3 coming soon to Sky?

Basically Penny Dreadfuls were a series of horror books produced cheaply for the masses, the series combines a number of these so you have Dorien Gray, Mina Harker from Bram Stoker, Dr Frankenstein and his monster, Van Helsing all in the same series!

Shows stars Timothy Dalton, Josh Hartnet and Billy Piper (again mainly just getting her kit off)

I forget it's so far behind in the uk mainly due to me watching it on dvd after it was released in Israel ages ago. Second season is a lot better.

• 3 weeks later...

Working my way through Oz halfway through Season 3. **** me its brutal and graphic at times but compelling tv though.

Not posted on this thread for a while mainly due to having so many things to watch :lol:

Think I last mentioned my excitement at the new season of Hannibal House of Cards which both lived up to & exceeded expectation.

Also Vikings second season was equally enjoyable as was Banshee.

I'm positive someone mentioned Blacklist on here a while back?!

Started good however it really, really takes off with plenty of twists. Even the Mrs is really enjoying it!

Just checked the trailerfor the Blacklist. Looks really good.

Rudolf's Mate

Just checked the trailerfor the Blacklist. Looks really good.

Blacklist is brilliant. Very good reviews given.

Braquo :2thumbsup:

I've got season 2 of this downloaded. Enjoyed the first series even if it does get a tad ridiculous in parts.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Currently watching Orange is the New Black. On season 2 and love it.

I'm halfway through season 2 and it's great!

Started watching The Wire a few weeks ago, now nearly 2/3 of the way through season 3 - it's getting better and better even though it's 10 years ago now. How the feck did i miss this before??

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series